why use anything else?

and still i know people getting constant 110% tt return on untaxed mobs over hundreds of thousands of peds cycled very constantly. while hunting with a little over 3.2 dpp.

You should not believe all you hear about :)

If this is true, than these avatars are extremly lucky, track their results wrong (forget about FAP, armor or other decay), or they count in MU to reach this 110%.

Actually average return on the long run is 90% vs TT, with good eco setup you might constantly land somewhere in the 95-98% returns, but never at 110% constantly over several hundret thousands of PED -- thats just LOL, if they really would manage to get 110% vs TT constantly, MA would go bankrupt very fast :D

As you might be able to notice, I get 4 globals in 4 minutes. Now tell me, does it matter much which weapon I use?

you don't get obese if you eat 1 chocolate bar in 1 year.

you don't get obese if you eat 1 chocolate bar in 1 year.

well, you can surely get obese if you just eat 1 chocolate bar per year if you eat 10 hamburgers daily besides that :wise:

well, you can surely get obese if you just eat 1 chocolate bar per year if you eat 10 hamburgers daily besides that :wise:

did i said anything about hamburgers?

did i said anything about hamburgers?

No, that's why I complement your reaction.

you got to see the whole picture. Not just that 1 chocolate bar :wise:

No idea where your chocolate bar reaction relates to btw. :scratch2:

There seems to be a confusion regarding the term eco.

Numeric eco value (2.98, 3.0 etc): Individual eco level

"Being eco": Having a higher eco level than the average of those that you are competing with

Being eco enables you to reap a larger share of the loot pie (longterm)

Being eco enables you to reap a larger share of the loot pie (longterm)

Ergo, being eco matters :wise:, but apparently I am off my head and don't know anything lol even with provided evidence :scratch2:. @Spawn just so you know riding loot waves does not mean you are profiting long term either. Any goofball with a weapon can global but not everyone can obtain 105% TT returns long term hunting regularly. I think Messi is pointing to the same conclusion I am with least amount of words to spell it out for you. Just trying to help without the so called attitude?

Just so that people can understand where I am coming from; to me "FUN" is not losing ped and being able to play knowing that my ped card is gradually increasing over time and not decreasing.

Regardless of the fact I may be hunting low level mobs, to put it simply, to me this is the least competitive arena and gives me an edge over the loot pie, that is how I obtain over 100% TT.

I am unfortunately unable to afford the necessary gear to compete at a higher level of dpp or dps, so I avoid it completely sticking to where I know best How To Survive and make a killing lootwise.

This is currently the most fun aspect of the game for me and motivates me so, why use anything else?

Last edited:

If this is true, than these avatars are extremly lucky, track their results wrong (forget about FAP, armor or other decay), or they count in MU to reach this 110%.

Actually average return on the long run is 90% vs TT, with good eco setup you might constantly land somewhere in the 95-98% returns, but never at 110% constantly over several hundret thousands of PED -- thats just LOL, if they really would manage to get 110% vs TT constantly, MA would go bankrupt very fast :D

well u can believe it or not. i know that person. he is a wicked stats freak and programmer. he made his own tools and software for tracking everything down to the last pec because the tools provided werent good / accurate enough. including eco formula etc. i had the chance to proof his stuff, as well as some others in our soc and everything he did is correct.
to top all this: he is a non depo player. he bought a summer ring quite recently with his hunting profits from a little over 1 months.
high eco tier 10 gun full with self made accu enhancers even with self farmed dianthus, so everything made at lowest cost + summer ring + EST seem to work great for him. and i have checked his loot and spreadsheets etc. and have hunted quite a few times together with him.

Yeah, these avatars must really bad at math ;)

Im happy that YOU share the true insight how hunting works.

Regards //Linzey

lotta_chocolate.jpg

:tongue2:

I am getting a bit tired of this attitude. Maybe you don't know what he is talking about. That you have a log does not make you right or better than another player. Same goes for all the people in here that say they grind more and thus have more knowledge. Maybe they have less.

The point to this game is to get as much loot as you can with the lowest amount of ped wasting possible. Being eco can be one of the methods you use to get there.. But you can also look at the loot side, and then eco doesn't mean much anymore.

I will give you an example, because I know what I am talking about.

This is a hunt I did yesterday:

Phasm Young 56 PED Tue, 21 Mar 2017 19:01:43
Cornundacauda Young 16 PED Tue, 21 Mar 2017 18:59:53
Phasm Young 169 PED Tue, 21 Mar 2017 18:58:12
Phasm Mature 50 PED Tue, 21 Mar 2017 18:57:00

As you might be able to notice, I get 4 globals in 4 minutes. Now tell me, does it matter much which weapon I use?
If your answer is yes, then you are the one who's clueless.

Good luck out there and may lootius have mercy on your soul.

how about this guy linzey? :lolup:

Just saying that its a huge game and many ways to aproach it, its free to share whatever you think is good but to act like you know it all or others are stupid is ignorant and selfish and really sad behaviour.

I have my way of playing this game and Im sure spawn or goni has his, I dont judge their ways Im just so tired of negativity being spread combined with "alternative facts" :D

In relation to the thread starters main topic of discussion. I fully explained why I don't use anything else by giving my point of view but if I seemed puffed or showed bad attitude in anyway I do apologise for this. I am not saying that I am better than anyone, what I am saying is 100% + TT returns are possible, even at low levels and for anyone to say otherwise contrary to my contributions on the noob corners forum isn't very open minded and ultimately this is not helping anyone due to old EU fables still around.

I tend to think the same about decay weapons.. :)

I have my own suspicions on the need for eco to be introduced into the game, And it isn't because we needed to save PED.

IMO, MA saw that if everyone kept up the golden days of loot back in 2007ish they would not be around very long. This is the solution to reduce the amount of big PED going out, it creates stability for MA, and a lot less big massive hits overall. (the crippling instability that MA needed to reduce)

Decay is what the game is based upon. So I would argue, and I have practiced this myself through 400k current skills (+250k skills cashed out in 2008), that decay weapons are actually better in the end. I stack it however I can.

With eco you will be stable, but so is MA, with no decay to modify your loots you will not hit the big ones with any sort of chance like you have with decay. Eco is like multiplying by zero....when it modifies...its not that spectacular.

When a decay weapon hits a modifier though.... hello big money. I have 3 10k+ loots in the last 2 years, and constantly hear from eco people about the last HOF they had...years ago, when I HOF regularly on decay.

You can also see it over time with other players with eco weapons on the same mobs...decay weapons will average higher on globals and hofs. But of course that's not to mean its a free lunch, when the loot is bad, its really bad.

Which ultimately comes down to how ever you think is the best way to play. In the end it will average out nearly the same...with MA getting approx 5-10%. Its up to you to make up that loss through markups and strategy.

Me personally though I like the challenge that I really need to work for my markups when those big hits aren't around if I want to continue to play without depositing. :)

I have my own suspicions on the need for eco to be introduced into the game, And it isn't because we needed to save PED.

IMO, MA saw that if everyone kept up the golden days of loot back in 2007ish they would not be around very long. This is the solution to reduce the amount of big PED going out, it creates stability for MA, and a lot less big massive hits overall. (the crippling instability that MA needed to reduce)

Good post!

Eco was still a thing back at the EP-forum days though. Eco, as I understand is not making MA suffer. The improved eco gear causes players that fail to keep up with changes to pay the price.

I'm not sure what you're refering at about the "golden days of loot" because that wasn't my experience. It was ppl with old gear that were able to make huge profits and the inflated prices of UL-gear certainly boosted this situation. The game became a bit static, new players couldn't possibly catch up in terms of skills and gear without huge amounts of peds. The big hits were an incentive to stay but once you realized that you it wasn't possible to catch up you might as well withdraw it.

The static-ness of the old days was certainly a threat to the game, I like that they abandoned this strategy.

Which ultimately comes down to how ever you think is the best way to play. In the end it will average out nearly the same...with MA getting approx 5-10%. Its up to you to make up that loss through markups and strategy.

I can't really say anything about your decay theory or big hits-theory as I try to stay on a much more low level and being eco. But I agree, MA claims a certain percentage of the overall turnover but I don't think its individual, i.e. a firm 90-95% return for each ava. Thats why its possible to be eco and maintain a profit.

I tend to think the same about decay weapons.. :)

Decay is what the game is based upon. So I would argue, and I have practiced this myself through 400k current skills (+250k skills cashed out in 2008), that decay weapons are actually better in the end. I stack it however I can.

With eco you will be stable, but so is MA, with no decay to modify your loots you will not hit the big ones with any sort of chance like you have with decay. Eco is like multiplying by zero....when it modifies...its not that spectacular.

When a decay weapon hits a modifier though.... hello big money. I have 3 10k+ loots in the last 2 years, and constantly hear from eco people about the last HOF they had...years ago, when I HOF regularly on decay.

You can also see it over time with other players with eco weapons on the same mobs...decay weapons will average higher on globals and hofs. But of course that's not to mean its a free lunch, when the loot is bad, its really bad.

Me personally though I like the challenge that I really need to work for my markups when those big hits aren't around if I want to continue to play without depositing. :)

There's still an eco threshold that will lead to TT profits if surpassed... This is the reason RDI amps can't go on the imk2 or how the mod melee 8 amp can't go onto the mako fal...

There's an eco safeguard and MA, when creating stupid eco guns like imk2, fucked it up. I'm sure they would go back and change it if they could... Likewise with Easter ring being opposite hand to ares. However, because of the truly immense value of these items, altering the stats would result in turmoil that MA could never recover from..

Eco matters, and then it doesn't... Better eco means stability until you surpass a threshold.. at that point more eco = tt profit.

But super decay gun in the right place at the right time shooting the right mob will indeed yield some pretty impressive shit.

I'm not sure what you're refering at about the "golden days of loot" because that wasn't my experience.

HOFsmall.jpg

1 to 5 unlimited items and peds in loots, ubers from small mobs. This was my first solo hof back in 2004. Check the comments in chat..

Reactions: Mac
I see my little sharing of my thoughts raised some unnecesarry comotion. :/
So let me explain. I recently made a thread where I was trying to understand the eco concept. One of the conclusions I made is this: More eco gun makes you pay less ped for the same dmg you would get from less eco gun. Simple right? Lets say that after 10000 mob kills the more eco gun has saved you 3 ped compared to less eco gun. These 3 ped is EXTRA CHANCES to get good loot. They dont GUARANTEE you will drop better loot than others. They just give you MORE CHANCES. But as we have found out in various threads, more chances usualy mean you get better loot. But not always. If I remember correctly even the almighty M Rufen Power have had negative hunts with his eco setup.

So, as I said, no guarantee, just better chance compared to less eco people. Also the guy who did the math to get good TT returns is a beast and a real hard worker,props to him.

Just because I lost a few peds on a few rounds, does not mean I won't get it all back.

In most cases when I'm down I pop a larger global threshold with a nice UL items :).

I don´t have Ares, but use 2 other rings and do really good at low and mid levels. [...]

[...]Actually average return on the long run is 90% vs TT, with good eco setup you might constantly land somewhere in the 95-98% returns, but never at 110% constantly over several hundret thousands of PED -- thats just LOL, if they really would manage to get 110% vs TT constantly, MA would go bankrupt very fast :D

Sorry, nope, you're not doing really good at all by other peoples standards(for hunters who cycle a lot of ped every day, 90% long term is really bad), but, it's excellent if you are happy with your work's results! Keep it up! :)

PS
You should not believe all you hear about
Sure, but, it should make a person curious, adopt a critical thinking approach. If you don't believe others and you're not testing either, to see which way the truth may be, there is a slight chance that you may be far far off.

In the end it's a matter of perspective. Entropia is a product and we pay for it, with time, with money. How much? It's with each of us to determine if it's worth it or not ;-)

Have fun!
Regards

and still i know people getting constant 110% tt return on untaxed mobs over hundreds of thousands of peds cycled very constantly. while hunting with a little over 3.2 dpp.

1. You know "people" or "a person"?

2. There is proof that this is the direct result of his/her setup and not an infinite number of other factors (hunting style, types of mobs, times of day, waves, phases of the moon, etc)?

I'm not doubting what you are saying, I just believe the situation is more complex than simply buying nice gear.

i know some people who do it but i can only vouch for one.
and he is close to 100% certain that it depends on the hunting style (zero def decay hunting, no real surprise here) in combination with his setup. he tested the same setup and strategy with a few of his friends and was yielding nearly the exact same results over a longer period of time.
but well.. to do you you need an inital investment of roughly 50k - 80k peds for armor and tiered gun or gun tiering yourself + at least 10k hunting budget to cycle.

Last edited:
In short an investment of 10000 dollars. And I thought 60 euros for a game was expensive. :laugh:

In short an investment of 10000 dollars. And I thought 60 euros for a game was expensive. :laugh:

When you're done with that game can you get the 60 euros back out?

my guess is no.

different rules apply here.. you said it yourself.. it's an "investment" not a purchase.

i know some people who do it but i can only vouch for one.
and he is close to 100% certain that it depends on the hunting style (zero decay hunting, no real surprise here)

What do y'all mean "decay weapons" vs. "zero decay"? Don't all weapons decay?

zero def decay* was missing that word. sorry for complicating the issue :/ EST couldve been a hint though ^^

Oh, makes more sense; but then, what's the armor investment for?

EST (Earth Shock Trooper) armor gives a 60% bonus to crit damage when wearing the full set. But it's (L) and expensive... hence the desire for zero defense decay.

Back