Will the real EU Comunity please stand up?

Awwwww...

Sure, there might be positive things, like the awesome space update ,-)....

There was always a love and hate relationship between players and MA as well as MA and players. Furthermore, there will be those that dislike some or many game aspects as well as those that like everything. Both are addicted and will start posting about it.
Nevertheless, the real issues are very seldom addressed.

I stopped depositing last month and also requested a cash out of about 90% of my trading funds and not actively playing the game anymore. I now mostly test out new stuff just for the sake of knowing it and do a small amount of trading on the side while im chatting away with soc members and friends or giving lifts to other planets. I will not actively go out and hunt / mine or craft at this moment nether will I actualy trade big again nor deposit again if things remain on the current path.

If it wornt for my friends I would have completely sold out everything and cashed out already. Most likely I will do it within the next year as my friends seem to cashout and quit one by one at an alarming and exelerating rate and once their all gone I have no reason to be here anymore.

And since YOU obviously can not, please don't. I really am getting tired of that uselessly negative attitude.

Relax... o_O

I do not play or login since more then a 1 year now, so keep calm. I wont disturb your ingame expirience anymore. But Im still here on the forum with you. And I can SEE whats going on.

If you love the game, log in and gamble, but dont tell me to stop pointing at MA for obvious reasons,
just because you think its the "uselessly negative attitude" of mine.

This is not about historic-remnants or the love of retro-calypso anymore, which got destroyed long ago, its about MA, their way of work and their way of handling their cutomers.

If you are happy the way it is, fine, im not ! And Im here to write about that.

2 positive aspects wont solve a dozen negative things for me.

Rebelling against Mindark is illegal and will lead to closure of your account. (the Eula forbids us) Also if you are chipping out and leaving it is illegal on this very forum to state the reason( or at least it was). We have no avatarian (as opposed to human) rights to stand up and protest.

There would be nothing wrong to do like what ppl have been saying what they are doing hunt with Opalo and scale back your hunting and decay.

My point also is really that my problem is not with mindark because they are doing the right thing. If they see ppl are using a system or aspect of the game then they figure it is good. We have seen changes in the past when certain feilds stopped getting used changes occured. thats how tamming got changed remember when u didnt get loot taming few ppl used it then they put in loot and more ppl use it.

So basicaly if you dont like something dont use it, because it helps mindark know what needs impovments. This why i blame the ppl for systems that dont get changed because when so many support it MA has no reason to think that we actually dont like it. Ma does not care about a few ppl on the forum they care about the internal stats of there systems.

Its not about killing MA but working with them.

If you are happy the way it is, fine, im not ! And Im here to write about that.

For what reason? You do not play the game anymore, you're just here to complain about the game? That's just a waste of time for you, and something that spreads more negativity that is not needed.

There would be nothing wrong to do like what ppl have been saying what they are doing hunt with Opalo and scale back your hunting and decay.

My point also is really that my problem is not with mindark because they are doing the right thing. If they see ppl are using a system or aspect of the game then they figure it is good. We have seen changes in the past when certain feilds stopped getting used changes occured. thats how tamming got changed remember when u didnt get loot taming few ppl used it then they put in loot and more ppl use it.

So basicaly if you dont like something dont use it, because it helps mindark know what needs impovments. This why i blame the ppl for systems that dont get changed because when so many support it MA has no reason to think that we actually dont like it. Ma does not care about a few ppl on the forum they care about the internal stats of there systems.

The problem is juat that we have been working with MA for a long time but they dont care,,,so stop to make depo and start to sweat. :cool:

Mmhh, working together with MindArk, what a dream. Just ask Marco & Hanne. ,-)

If only all these blind people wouldnt always cheer up MindArk for releasing their half-ready-stuff...

It will never work.

I have faith :yay: I bought 2 more broken shops recently but now you have to hear more of :wise: FIX MY BROKEN SHOP MA its been years since the shops worked right! I dont want ppl to shut up, id simply like old things fixed. Unfortunately some things might not make it back into the game or get fixed in my life time, why? I dont really care why, but I do want them fixed :silly2: Why is ND's name all over the halls in a place he doesnt own. MA needs to wake up and start knocking out work thats not going away and people will ALWAYS bitch about.

Im looking for a face chair and body chair, 250ped each. Buying beacons tt+25 ped each and to top it off I will offer 1kped for a busted FOMA shop. Hope this post didnt ruin your forum experience today :tongue2:

To stop playing EU is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know; I've done it a thousand times.

For what reason? You do not play the game anymore, you're just here to complain about the game? That's just a waste of time for you, and something that spreads more negativity that is not needed.

Not at all.

There are many players that no longer deposit, or do any activity in game that would cause decay or give any proceeds to MA. However they still frequent the forums HOPING to see some change for the better rather than just constant change.

You seem to misunderstand people's intentions. If people didn't care, they simply would stop playing and not bother coming to the forums at all. IF a person doesn't give a shit, they wouldn't bother with coming here. They would simply unistall the game and simply disappear.

However, when a person DOES CARE, they will keep an eye on what is going on. Just because they don't take part in funding the system does not mean they don't care.

I long for MA to pull their heads out of the dung and start REALLY listening to the people that resorted to speaking with their wallets and fix the shortcomings.

So please DO UNDERSTAND that just because many of us are no longer active participants, it doesn't mean we've completely given up on MA and EU. We are ever hopeful although un-happy with the way things currently are run.

Last edited:

Im not here to spread negativity. Im here to open eyes.

For me it is not just a waste of time to post me feelings about Entropia in here.
Im posting in "Will the real EU community please stand up ?"
I do that ! And I DO care !

I dont play anymore to show how I feel about our beloved Entropia. Thats my way of standing up.

If only the others would follow.
But instead everybody goes "woohooo" each new update, just to complain about it later and then forget about it. (i.e. taming)

Im fed up with that, but I wont leave this place just because I dislike this and that.

Played EU for about a year and thought its time to quit.
In the end, way to little bang for the buck IMO.
Guess I will log in from time to time to save the avatar from delition,
but right now I could not care less about it, there are so many games out there that offer a lot more than EU does.
I never was a hard core player of EU by the way, but I guess it kind of fits the topic.

Not at all.

There are many players that no longer deposit, or do any activity in game that would cause decay or give any proceeds to MA. However they still frequent the forums HOPING to see some change for the better rather than just constant change.

You seem to misunderstand people's intentions. If people didn't care, they simply would stop playing and not bother coming to the forums at all. IF a person doesn't give a shit, they wouldn't bother with coming here. They would simply unistall the game and simply disapere.

However, when a person DOES CARE, they will keep an eye on what is going on. Just because they don't take part in funding the system does not mean they don't care.

I long for MA to pull their heads out of the dung and start REALLY listening to the people that resorted to speaking with their wallets and fix the shortcomings.

So please DO UNDERSTAND that just because many of us are no longer active participants, it doesn't mean we've completely given up on MA and EU. We are ever hopeful although un-happy with the way things currently are run.

Thank you =)
May I now introduce you to the "Grumpy Old Men Society" ? ,-)

Addiction. No substitute.

Three words and I answered all of your questions. :)

Thank you =)
May I now introduce you to the "Grumpy Old Men Society" ? ,-)

"I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through misery and suffering. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from." ~Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Reactions: Mac
Why is ND's name all over the halls in a place he doesnt own. MA needs to wake up and start knocking out work thats not going away and people will ALWAYS bitch about.
Because MA seem to focus all their energy on inventing stuff in order to prevent the big guys withdrawing PED. LAs are a two-edged sword, as are the planet partners.

And as long as there are enough mid-level cashcows, why bother creating something to entertain an influx of $20 per month players?

[...] to top it off I will offer 1kped for a busted FOMA shop.
Fully functional and 200 items! :silly2::dunce:

Would be nice if people actually said what they not like about EU, sometimes it's hard too know what they are complaining about. I see two big issues with EU, well three if we count to few players as an issues

• Too expenisve for the casual player. They need too adress this problem with more force, give us more play time for the money.
  • Too little and too boring stuff to do in the game. We need more RPG features and content to the game.

At the same time it think MA have done a lot of improvment in the last 1-2 years, I only hope they could speed up improvments to fix the issues above.

I believe it have started to increase again in 2011, looking at ingame sales data, you can see that the ingame activity are on levels similar to when it was at the highest point. The biggest problem for MA is not that they have lost players, is the cost have increased to fast.
Or maybe people have done same as me, sold out a LOT of stuff from storage. ;)
So there might be more PEDs in movement, but are they due to depos or
"storage cleaning"? ;)
Well, shouldn't be too hard to check MAs current economy status.

Would be nice if people actually said what they not like about EU, sometimes it's hard too know what they are complaining about. I see two big issues with EU, well three if we count to few players as an issues

• Too expenisve for the casual player. They need too adress this problem with more force, give us more play time for the money.
  • Too little and too boring stuff to do in the game. We need more RPG features and content to the game.

At the same time it think MA have done a lot of improvment in the last 1-2 years, I only hope they could speed up improvments to fix the issues above.

Dude i assure you that there is plenty of reading material on this forum alone to keep you busy for years on the problems that people are having with Mindark over the years.. Just do some lite reading :p

Years of waiting

I haven't played for more than a year.

The bottom line was that my avatar/inventory was focused on taming. When this was withdrawn I found myself losing on a spectacular scale (not sustainable).

I love the game, love the concept, however, had to draw the line after the 2nd year of MA saying the new version of taming was 'coming soon'... I miss my friends in game...

If I only deposit enough... maybe things will change.... :)
Wait a minute...you're one of the MA employees disguised as a player, aren't you? :D

"storage cleaning"? ;)

For each seller you have a buyer ;) (if you are not tt the stuff)
Well, lets see at the end of the year, but i think it have been going up a bit this year.

See i don't think the community really cares enough or has the balls to stand up organize themselves and force change.

IS anyone really fed up pissed off and actually want make some changes?

I think there have been many attempts over the years to shed light on many of the most obvious crap parts of the game and the things that intentionally or unintentionally slip out from behind the scenes dealings. It's sad to say but apathy breeds apathy IMHO. I know MA needs to make money I understand that but the blantant cash grab while giving their customers the virtual middle finger has chased many away, including myself.

They repackage the same game mechanics with a new coating of shellac and then dump items on auction to raise funds instead of actually creating a game where the participants build and create these things via playing the game. I used to see hints of innovation and ideas for the future of Project Entropia that got me excited about being a part of it. Now many years later this virtual universe has been tweeked to death to nickel and dime all but the "select few". This might seem jaded but I assure you I am not I've just chosen a different more rewarding path and EU...........even though its a part of this new path in monetary terms I can't say I will ever play with has much passion as I once had.

Apathy breeds apathy. I think there is still a loyal enough following in EU to want to illicit change but I don't see MA being open to that change, the only change they want to see is the kind you deposit.

"storage cleaning"? ;)

Nope, they actually say that deposits are up by 19% (7% if adjusted for low dollar), not PED movement...

Last edited:
Adapt and Avoid.

Avoid the things you disapprove of or dislike, adapt to the things you cant avoid.

Dont like space? Dont do space. At the moment its like one of those little snowflake decoration things that you shake, it'll settle down in time.

Hi Foe

Just to clarify is that deposits are up or income?

Considering there was a 1 million dollar cash injection from SEE before they defaulted.

Not trying to pull apart your post just more in self interest and for clarification as the financials are in swedish.

Deposits are up... and costs are down... can't remember what the end total was tho, but better than before at least

I think there have been many attempts over the years to shed light on many of the most obvious crap parts of the game and the things that intentionally or unintentionally slip out from behind the scenes dealings. It's sad to say but apathy breeds apathy IMHO. I know MA needs to make money I understand that but the blantant cash grab while giving their customers the virtual middle finger has chased many away, including myself.

They repackage the same game mechanics with a new coating of shellac and then dump items on auction to raise funds instead of actually creating a game where the participants build and create these things via playing the game. I used to see hints of innovation and ideas for the future of Project Entropia that got me excited about being a part of it. Now many years later this virtual universe has been tweeked to death to nickel and dime all but the "select few". This might seem jaded but I assure you I am not I've just chosen a different more rewarding path and EU...........even though its a part of this new path in monetary terms I can't say I will ever play with has much passion as I once had.

Apathy breeds apathy. I think there is still a loyal enough following in EU to want to illicit change but I don't see MA being open to that change, the only change they want to see is the kind you deposit.

If dear MA wants me to start depo then i need to see some feedback first i have prove my ability to them now they to give me some feedback.:mad:

I believe that.But also as it was with me when I started the loot was a slight better than what you will find today.Sadly it was also when they started introducing vehicles and all the new planet convoy too,and the hype from that.
with the new player base and allure of all these new gimmicks and planetary diversions,a new player can't miss something they have never seen or experienced.:twocents:

Back