Votes: 25 16.9%
  • I hate it!!!!

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • Maybe.....

Votes: 64 43.2%
  • CAPS LOCK F**K YEAH!!!!

Votes: 22 14.9%

• Total voters
Cost is 9Ped to teleport to nearest space port and 9Ped to teleport back you will need to have someone haul you to the first space port to collect that first TP. Or you can get thrustors for you VTOL and pay decay costs to enter and leave planets atmophere. Or you can buy a space figher yourself. Oil consumption will be more because of shear distance of flight so be prepared to use more fuel in space.

You might want to double check your numbers...or check out some of the other threads. :)

I don't think you have the numbers right here, and a number of other points. The costs that I have experienced in my travels through space are the following:

Cost to teleport from a space station associated with a planet (there are several Neutral Space Stations in random locations of space) down to the planet surface is 7 ped. You can NOT teleport up to a space station from the planet. You have to fly. You can't "collect" the teleporter on your first trip and then teleport up next time. You always have to fly up.

Cost to fly from space down to the planet surface is 2 ped. This is charged to the pilot of the vessel, not to the passenger. There is no charge to fly from the planet up to the space station.

In addition to the "MA fees" there is fuel usage and thruster decay. I don't know what the decay is on a (L) thruster yet, but for the UL thruster decays 9 pec each direction when you travel up from or down to a planet.

Fuel cost is not that much, even traveling between planets. It varies from about 60 pec to 90 pec in most cases. Less for shorter trips like from Calypso Space Station to Crystal Palace or FOMA.

The biggest cost in travel (excluding if you get attacked and looted) is going to be paying for pilots time. As opposed to the old hangar system where travel to CP and CND were basically instantaneous, now you are flying anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes depending on your start point/destination.

-Mack

P.S. And from Alainax's testing, there is no way to save stackables from being looted. Boxes, putting in ship inventory, putting in ship inventory that you are carrying...nothing tested so far works. All locations are lootable...

Last edited:
It's mind boggling to me.... MA is introducing mothership but shutting off space for majority of the players by making the entire space lootable PVP...

Now, if 2 planets are almost dead... and 1 potentially viabble planet (Arkadia) choked by siphoning out players through poor loot, and scaring them heck out of it with space!

What's the value of having space when it is killing the planets instead of nurturing them?
What's the value of having space when majority wants to go there but won't go there?
What's the value of having lootable PVP when space is a desolate place?
What's the value of having mothership when there is not enough people to go into space or other planets?

as it stands now, I really think 70k for mothership would be a waste!

And I still am super pissed off with MA for giving away those space fighters to TEAM HOF's when they specifically stated no team hofs would count. I took Team as you could not be in a team at all, you had to be a solo hunter. I was running newbie events and having them team hunt those specified mobs would have been a great time... I switched my plans last minute when they altered the description stating no team hof's would count so targeted other mobs instead.

MA WHEN WILL YOU EVER GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND ACT LIKE ACTUAL OWNERS OF SOMETHING INSTEAD OF LIKE A BUNCH OF 12 YR OLD'S TRYING TO SCAM PEOPLE OF THEIR PED!!!!

-- K-Max

This is really making me mad now!

I just wish MA would have been more informative about it and not had their engrish all mangled and hard to interpret and understand what they were actually doing. PvP was said but they could have added LOOTABLE and given the specifics on what LOOTABLE ment.
-- K-Max

I really think they should hire someone part time to go through their language before relasing it... MS9 (just an example) could be a good one for the job!

Last edited:
Its been an adventure, but I have used space to get back to Calypso from Arkadia.

First job was to track down a light thruster, for which I use most of my remaining funds to buy due to the extortionate price. All my inventory is on Calypso, and I really needed to get back there! Finally got into space, and the controls took my by surprise. After messing with the controls, and figuring out how to even fly in a straight line... it was too late. I had tumbled uncontrollably outside of the safe zone, and got PKed within a couple of minutes of being in space! :laugh:

Ended up being stuck at one of the asteroids, now with no wire to repair my destroyed craft. Yay. :rolleyes: Fortunately a kind soul on their way down to Arkadia sold me some wire to repair with. I forget their name, but you know who you are! Thanks!

Finally another problem arose. I realise I had practically no fuel, and had to figure out how to fly the VTOL in space AND make it back to Calypso before it ran out. After many panicked comments in soc chat, the fuel ran out... just above Port Atlantis, where I crash landed in the ocean. Basically got back by just the skin of my teeth!

Was it fun? Looking back... yeah, it was an adventure. But the moral of the story is... go prepared, or else you'll end up like me. Shitting bricks all the way home. :laugh:

Maybe but only if they reduce the amount of lootable pvp, make a route that takes 2 hours to complete thats 100% safe and a lootable route that takes 30minutes.

Then we'd have a choice, if you get caught in the pvp zone well it's no different to the planet side one, you knew the risk, took it and lost. Atm we don't have a choice.

Add some more reasons to enter pvp space like vehicle huntable mobs, mining and your onto winner.

Last edited:
And I still am super pissed off with MA for giving away those space fighters to TEAM HOF's when they specifically stated no team hofs would count. I took Team as you could not be in a team at all, you had to be a solo hunter. I was running newbie events and having them team hunt those specified mobs would have been a great time... I switched my plans last minute when they altered the description stating no team hof's would count so targeted other mobs instead.

What am I missing here? I thought all winning hofs were individual ones...I don't see any team hofs used?

EDIT: Nevermind...checked it out through Tracker. WTF????

Last edited:
Couldn't vote because I dont love it and I dont hate it.

I can't see me ever leaving Calypso with it being lootable PVP. When Mindark decided to copy CCP's creation, they didnt spot that 95% of the playing population stays in the middle in high sec "safe" space.

But, it looks cool and it may just work out. :)

Finally another problem arose. I realise I had practically no fuel, and had to figure out how to fly the VTOL in space AND make it back to Calypso before it ran out. After many panicked comments in soc chat, the fuel ran out... just above Port Atlantis, where I crash landed in the ocean. Basically got back by just the skin of my teeth!

Was it fun? Looking back... yeah, it was an adventure. But the moral of the story is... go prepared, or else you'll end up like me. Shitting bricks all the way home. :laugh:

Well it was fun not only for you, I think many of us enjoyed reading your post too... thanks for sharing

Maybe but only if they reduce the amount of lootable pvp, make a route that takes 2 hours to complete thats 100% safe and a lootable route that takes 30minutes.

Then we'd have a choice, if you get caught in the pvp zone well it's no different to the planet side one, you knew the risk, took it and lost. Atm we don't have a choice.

Add some more reasons to enter pvp space like vehicle huntable mobs, mining and your onto winner.

This is what I was expecting... so much so that I stayed in NI...But now I'm reluctant to go anywhere .. and do anything!

Last edited:
I'm in space now. I want change my vote to CAPS LOCK F*CK YEAH!

Best thing MA ever did. If you don't want to get looted, don't carry stackables. If you want to do some interplanetary travel, no worries. If you want to engage in interplanetary trade...... :cool:

I do hope they make Welding Wire un-lootable, but that seems like the only major problem so far. Also, for a major VU, everything is running amazingly smoothly. I frankly expected the whole of EU to be whacked for the better part of a week.

:beerchug:

Miles

I'm in space now. I want change my vote to CAPS LOCK F*CK YEAH!

Best thing MA ever did. If you don't want to get looted, don't carry stackables. If you want to do some interplanetary travel, no worries. If you want to engage in interplanetary trade...... :cool:

I do hope they make Welding Wire un-lootable, but that seems like the only major problem so far. Also, for a major VU, everything is running amazingly smoothly. I frankly expected the whole of EU to be whacked for the better part of a week.

:beerchug:

Miles

I'm kinda hoping that welding wire just goes away, and one day I wake up and it was all just a greed driven nightmare.

Pretty damn unlikely tho.

Back