Question: Will you use voice chat?

Will you use voice chat?

• Total voters
No I have been trying this all day, people who haven't paid don't get charged & simply they can't talk back but can hear everything you say crystal clear, they just type back .
Nice to hear that it works that way. It could lead to some weird chat logs though I guess... Too bad they didn't hook up a speech to text engine in the thing so that what is spoken does get recorded in the chat log, even if it'd be misspelled sometimes.

As of last night, I got my sound card's driver working again, so I guess I'll be hearing some of you folks eventually, lol.

Well, Skype, ooVoo, and others have solved the problem long ago, only Mindark must implement the same rules. They do not have to reinvent the wheel again. ;) -

Since I don't use any of them, please explain. Especially the part how others see that you've switched to another group would be interesting.

Too bad they didn't hook up a speech to text engine in the thing so that what is spoken does get recorded in the chat log

IMHO that wouldn't work as not everybody is a native speaker. There are too many accents and too many ways to speak broken-English out there to make this work properly. Besides that I doubt that everybody would talk English, which would require this to be the ultimate text-to-speech converter.

Some systems even fail to recognize pre-recorded patterns (e.g. names on cellphones) properly when you want to call somebody and your cellphone has that type of voice recognition.

Doubt I will use it, especially since skype/ts/vent are free and you can talk to more people at once... besides I dont want everyone that is on my fl to call me... I am shy... and the other reason: I dont want to know if some "female" avi friends turn out to be guys in the end, lol :rolleyes: :D

... and the other reason: I dont want to know if some "female" avi friends turn out to be guys in the end, lol :rolleyes: :D
LOL

...OT: NAh I'm not going to pay for another poorly implemented feature.......
Maaaaaaaybe when it is implemented 100% like they vision... but I kinda doubt it

I've never liked it it gets confusing with several people and besides I've got no headset and it's weird having ppl talk through your speakers.

Another reason would be sometimes ppl are difficult to understand us being from many different nationalities different languages and pronunciations.

i've used it,

it's okay.. not really worth paying the peds for as you can just download alternative programs to achieve voicechat for free.
thou i think if they improve this function. like every character has his own ring of voice activation.
if you stand near to other people, they can just hear you talk automaticly...
this would be much more futuristic and attractive!

i got those 30 days for free, but im not going to extend my subscribtion any further for the voicechat.

No idea what happened today, I chatted with a friend who hasnt been online for a while using voicechat. & HE WAS TALKING BACK!?!!?!? :eek: Has not got 30days free trial since he never deposited beforehand and did not purchase it either. Was fun thou, btw he had the gear needed to talk back does that help :scratch2:.

No idea what happened today, I chatted with a friend who hasnt been online for a while using voicechat. & HE WAS TALKING BACK!?!!?!? :eek: Has not got 30days free trial since he never deposited beforehand and did not purchase it either. Was fun thou, btw he had the gear needed to talk back does that help :scratch2:.

hm... maybe it is enough if one of the chatters have the free trial/payed the fee?

Now it work as person to person private phone.
When will be aviable for team, soc or other larger groups for events will use it if requred by other participants.

My guess (without reading every post at the risk of repeating what may have been said elsewhere) is that Voice chat may cause lag and further strain on server bandwidth and processing capacity.

So my instinct is to leave it alone...

At this time definitely no.

1. It is only person to person. When i use voicechat it is often during events with one or more teams like WoF.
2. Unsure what happens if the EU client crashes does the chat session die to?. If i use an independent voicechat EU can crash but i can still communicate with the rest.

For me to get it to an interesting point were i would reconsider several things would need to happen:
1. I can use voicechat in an area without directly connecting to people
2. It should be possible to have several sessions open and easily switch between those sessions: Team / society / local / event
3. If the EU client crashes chat stays up

Cheers
Siam

hmmm

I don't think so

most of the people I konw in game speak english, and my english skills suck :mad:

Buying Speak English chip 2000%

That means you are not an international language speaker but doesnt means all are same or that you wont learn to speak english in this case. I use an licensed windows 7 and i dont want to install x-fire or team speak or other programs and there voice chat its preety welcome. It's part of EU and 8 Ped for 30 days isn't that much after my opinion. Afterall it has a big issue but im not sure of that, can you make a conference with voice chat?

What chat?

What a waste of PED... I swore I would not use the in-game voice chat. I friend of mine gave me 8 PED to try it out with her, I said I would pay her back which I did, but when it did not work for me - bug? glitch? my PC ??? :scratch2: :confused: - I went to withdraw what remained. I could not.
I was able to use it successfully one time, then it cut out and has not worked since then.
Very disappointing indeed. :(

Did the voice chat system fail?

Last edited:
Nope I won’t use it. ;)

MA put it in as people asked for it.
MA guessing, with all the free voice chats out there, it won’t be used much if they add a fee.
Give it a year and they remove it again, for not being used enough, when MA is loosing on this. ;)

I bet....They are much more ppl who has asked for a screnshoot button.:cool:

The fee isn't that much, I'd use it if it was actually useful for more than a casual chat.

If they'd added a team chat or Soc chat then it might have been used, but as it is there's no real need for what the in-game voice chat offers.

Everyone still uses vent or team speak or, or, or...

Having a voice chat in game was simply a matter of convenience, one less program to start up, but as they didn't add any of the functionality that people actually use voice chat for it's no surprise no one uses it.

with so many free to use choices out there... that arent cumbersome or huge programs, a pay to talk service is a bit backwards thinking i think. so i voted No, it makes no sense to pay for something like voice chat in a game we are already paying out the nose in more ways than one to play.

I dont even have to pay for this feature I always get it for free after it has expired after every deposit I make. However I can never get it to work 90% of the time I'am online due to the most ridiculous bug ever making it none selectable. When I do manage to somehow make the voicechat work (highlighted) and is functioning no-one wants to talk to me using it, hilarious. The other 5% I just dont even bother because of the above mentioned, even after reporting it to support :rolleyes:.

Wonder if MA is watching this post to see that the player base does not like alot of the CRAP they are wasting time on just to Squeez more money out of players :(

Back