Question: Will you use voice chat?

Will you use voice chat?

• Total voters
nope!

Whats the point?
There are other ways to talk for free...

I say yes. I may try it out, 8 ped is not to much :)

No for 2 simple reasons

1. Better services for Free
2. Cannot talk to multiple people at once

Heck, no!

Ventilo and Skype for me and my soc mates! What could be better? :)

Simple answer NO!

There is freeware out there that offers same service at 0 fee!

and because of this:

You agree that we may forward you personal information to the Independent Service Provider for any purpose relating to your subscription for the Voice Communication Services, including without limitations billing issues.

I don´t agree to this part!
No way!

I can run TeamSpeak for free. Both the server and the client. So, no! :mad: I can't believe they want us to pay for voice chat. MA never ceases to amaze me. :(

I say yes. I may try it out, 8 ped is not to much :)

except that it counts time we're not logged in, so someone who spends 10hrs a day every day with voice chat enabled pays 8 ped and another person who uses twice a week for a couple of minutes also pays 8 ped.

The only reason I can give for using it would be during a team hunt which it appears isn't possible atm.

I might use it IF they make it so that you can answer freely and not have to pay for incoming calls from friends. If you have to pay just to answer, it's silly service... For those that do pay, if the other end can't pick up without paying, it's a completely useless service that's no better then always having to recieve collect calls IRL.

If one day my society enter on a land grab, yes I will use it.

More Fees, more expenses to play... NO...

2. Cannot talk to multiple people at once

Hadn't heard this one before, is this true? You can only have one other person in a voice chat?

But WTF why no team chat? or Society Chat?

How would you want to handle that? Let's say you are in soc chat. Then you join a team. Who would you be talking to? Both groups? Since it's common to have one talking and the others listening, that would rip it apart. The folks in the team chat would still be talking to you while the conversation continues in the soc chat.

And now somebody wants a private chat with you...

If you want buttons to switch between chats, you also need a list of people in the current chat group, otherwise your soc would think you are in their chat group because you are logged in. However, that's not necessarily the case when you are in team or private chat. I assume such a list would cover quite some space on the screen...

How would you want to handle that? Let's say you are in soc chat. Then you join a team. Who would you be talking to? Both groups?

Well, Skype, ooVoo, and others have solved the problem long ago, only Mindark must implement the same rules. They do not have to reinvent the wheel again. ;) -

How would you want to handle that? Let's say you are in soc chat. Then you join a team. Who would you be talking to? Both groups? Since it's common to have one talking and the others listening, that would rip it apart. The folks in the team chat would still be talking to you while the conversation continues in the soc chat.

Wouldn't it work by clicking on the soc chat channel or the team chat channel or a private chat channel, same way chat worked before? :scratch2:

The ad channel would be a little ott though :laugh:

Provided MA work on it but then that pushes the missing systems even further back.

I voted no, why pay a fee when there are plenty for free ;)

No. :D The fee is the main reason. I know of at least two games with in-game voice chat, one of them with a name akin to Adam's wife and the other one regarding some rings. In both cases, it's free*. The secondary reason is, 9 out of 10 situations, if I can stick to text chat I'll do so. My spoken English sucks invisible Boorum balls.

EDIT: Also this:

You agree that we may forward you personal information to the Independent Service Provider for any purpose relating to your subscription for the Voice Communication Services, including without limitations billing issues.

What the hell, MA? :(

* Okay, the first game has monthly fees and the second one just went F2P and I'm not sure if free accounts have access to it. But still! I cannot fathom MA isn't making enough off decay to afford it.

Last edited:
I dont need voice-chat. It not worth for those some hearing impaired ppl who cant talk. But they can text/typing very well! It good thing they dont have to pay fee for those. why i say "some" well i know some hearing impaired ppl can talk with voice and some ppl cant. I can talk but not good with speech. Still learning to try improve my speech while talk to my 4 kids.

Is it just me, or does everyone get the subsrciption shit pop up every time they log in, i declined it but keep getting it again and again.

I also got 30 days for free, i didnt deposit anything or pay for it

This is just the basic start up of the chat voice chat system, in the future we will probably have group chats and with diffrent effect. I could chat with two diffrent avatars, avatar "A" close to the right of me and avatar "B" in front of me but more far away. The 3D effect will make me hear the voice from "A" comeing from the right, "B" will comeing from the front and at a lower volume compare to "A" because of the greater distant.

And for the cost, they must take the money from somewere to pay the bills, so if not from fees, they would take it from the loot anyway.

I might use it IF they make it so that you can answer freely and not have to pay for incoming calls from friends. If you have to pay just to answer, it's silly service... For those that do pay, if the other end can't pick up without paying, it's a completely useless service that's no better then always having to recieve collect calls IRL.
No I have been trying this all day, people who haven't paid don't get charged & simply they can't talk back but can hear everything you say crystal clear, they just type back :D.

Hadn't heard this one before, is this true? You can only have one other person in a voice chat?
Yes this is true & something that can later be improved upon, imo.

Is it just me, or does everyone get the subsrciption shit pop up every time they log in, i declined it but keep getting it again and again.

I also got 30 days for free, i didnt deposit anything or pay for it
I got the 30days free since I deposited before it was implemented. You can decline or agree does not do anything from what I could see. I decline first, then agreed the 2nd time did nothing to the voice chat itself. As to why you have it without depositing or purchasing it I have no idea & sounds interesting. Maybe everyone has 30days without realising it? I know I did :)

Overall I like this service and I'm happy to pay for it. Good communication provided your internet can handle it. Can be improved at a later date to include some of the features others have asked/talked about.

Are we gonna have to confirm our choice each time we log in?
Sadly I think so, but whatever you choose from what I could see it does not do anything to the voice chat. Even if you can use the voice chat but decline you can still use it. Maybe another bug.

NO!

It pissed me off to have the "contract" popping up after login! Almost pressed the damn thing, which I'm guessing was the idea!

Ok Just to clarify now, I declined the first time it popped up a 2nd time.
After accepting it & logging in since then it has not popped up again.
I guess the idea was to accept the terms if you so wish to use it :)

If that is so, I'm sorry for steaming so much ;)

Nope won't use it since I and anyone in game I would choos to talk too can log into Vent or my clans Teamspeak server for free ;)

I have declined the agreement but still can use the voice chat.

If its free and the quality is good I will use it. So ATM, no.

Back