FYI: Win PED as Magyar's disciple! Will you be next?

Magyar_Republic

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Whiskey Confederacy
Edward Magyar Republic

Being a new player in Entropia Universe can be one of the most challenging experiences around for even a veteran MMO player. The Real Cash Economy of Entropia makes basic tasks like hunting, mining, and crafting, which are the core of almost all MMORPG's a completely new experience. A players mettle is tested from the get-go, as they are offered choices including whether to sweat for starting funds, whether to start trading as soon as possible, or if they are going to deposit, how much is reasonable, and what kind of gear should they get.

While the experience has been greatly improved with the addition of Camp Icarus and Thule, every new player arrives not knowing the value of items. Furthermore, most new players arrive not knowing what to do with all the information they may have obtained from resources like Planet Calypso Forum and Entropedia. This can often lead to situations where a player under-funds their development, causing frustration as they rightly feel they are not progressing. Or the player can over-fund their character, buying items that are not essential and often result in large amounts of waste. This leads the player to think that Entropia Universe is extraordinarily expensive. It can be, if you play it that way. But most of the time if you're playing it that way you're wasting money unnecessarily and in the process trading an enjoyable and rewarding experience for a frustrating one.

You don't need to join the ranks of the frustrated. You can succeed at Entropia Universe, and conquer the most challenging MMO in the world!

The mentoring system was put back in place in 2011 to remedy the problem of confused new players, by encouraging established residents to team up with new players and teach them, and in the process earn a reward for both participants. Often however players don't get the help they need, still, as communication is difficult and mentors may not be as involved or available as they could be.

I want to change that.

I am offering all of my disciples starting July 1, 2013 and going until July 1, 2015 the opportunity to work both with me and with each other to share in the spoils of a pot worth over 4800 PED.

That's right, I said more than 4800 PED.

Am I crazy? Maybe. But I believe in EU, and I believe with the right motivation and the right teacher people can both rise to, and exceed expectations.

Learn the basics of Entropia

auction-300x151.jpg

Do you know what the picture on the right is? You can probably guess it's the auction house, but what do all the numbers mean? What if they were percentages instead of numbers? How do you think they would read, and would you be able to tell if an item with a large % markup was worth keeping or worth tossing by looking at it? Not all items are worth the trouble it takes to collect them!

Entropia has a deceptively complicated system. Learn all about it, with someone to guide you in-game and send you resources via Facebook, forum private messages, or even voice chat. Whatever you prefer. Whether you are a hunter, miner, or crafter the basics of trading are something you will need to master.

If you're a trader you want to maximize your profits right away. With a group based approach to trading you'll get exposure to multiple different opinions in a non hostile environment.

limited-260x300.jpg

Do you know what the advantages of limited weapons and armor are? They actually are better in certain circumstances to have than unlimited weapons of an equal damage or protection potential. Learn why, and make your next choice in tools of the trade confidently. Avoid the mistakes others make.

Do you know how SIB works?

Do you know that the guide you probably looked up on the internet is already outdated?

SIB and non-SIB had an overhaul earlier this year rendering years of data on comparing the two weapon types
completely invalid. Learn the difference between the two from someone who actually uses both types on a regular basis and can give you live information, and not just guesses based off of something they heard from a friend who has a friend who was very upset over this or that change.

Just when you start to think you understand Entropia Universe you realize that there's still alot to learn, and that the game is always changing. Do you want a teacher who knows how to adapt to changes in the game and in their own perceptions of things with a positive attitude, or do you want to be taught from the start to believe in a cycle of disappointment?

Believe it or not, the right mentor can shape your entire perception of the game, influencing whether or not you have a good time playing! Learn the spirit of the game by one of the only players to be published directly on the Planet Calypso website.

Ok, enough! How does it work?

Every month, on the 1st of the month at a random time during the day I will take a screenshot of my disciples progress. The first screenshot will happen July 1, 2013. It will look something like the picture to the right.

These will be the starting numbers for everyone for the month. On the 1st of the next month I take a new screenshot. Whoever has made the most progress as a disciple gets 100 PED.

For example: Pretend Corey Enki Worthy and Vango Van Lou are the only disciples on this board. If Corey Enki Worthy started now, at 32.03% and Vango Van Lou started now at 24.01%, and then in 1 month Corey Enki Worthy was at 36.22% and Vango Van Lou was at 51.07% Vango would be awarded 100 PED.

Understand so far?

There's more to it, though. It's not quite that simple!

In order to have a competition people must PROGRESS FORWARD! So the next rule is that if a person makes less than 10% progress in a month, they will be removed from the competition, and their spot cleared and given to someone else. So Corey Enki Worthy, having made only 4.19% progress in the month, would no longer be part of the competition from this point forward.

The only way out of this is to arrange something with me personally where you will be away. You may have away status for 2 months. If you do not make progress after that time, you will be removed from the program.

Removed from the program means be kicked out of the mentor/disciple relationship. Sorry, but a mentor can only take a finite amount of disciples and a bunch of idle people does not make for a very fun competition.

You can monitor your own progress by right clicking your screen and selecting System > Mentoring. Your progress will look something like this.

How do you ensure progress?

You engage in activities that increase 3 skills:

• Anatomy
  • Engineering
  • Geology

So you either need to hunt, mine, or craft. Sweating does not increase any of these skills. Neither does trading. So sorry, if your main activity is sweating or trading this program is probably not for you. This program is for hunters, miners, and crafters only.

Got it so far?

Now here's the last 2 bits.

If you have over 90% skill at the start of a new month recorded, and you graduate during that month you will get a bonus 50 PED. It is still possible to win the 100 PED as well, but only if everyone else gets kicked out for being under 10% progress! Since we dont want that, and we dont want you to leave empty handed after all your hard work, you are guaranteed at least 50 PED for graduating, if you are over 90% at the start of the month.

Understand?

Now for the last rule.

If you are a Laudanum member, actively participating in the society, engaged in chat, and engaged with the community there all your prize eligibility is doubled. That's right. Instead of 100 PED you get 200. Instead of 50 PED you get 100. Why? Because active community members are important, and I believe that an active community learns from each other, as much as keeps each other entertained. I consider the society a learning tool available to you, and I want to reward you for taking the opportunity to use it.

Rules Recap

1. Most progress as a disciple in a given month makes 100 PED.
  2. Under 10% progress in a month gets removed from the competition.
  3. Bonus 50 PED for graduation if over 90% at the beginning of the month, and graduate during that month.
  4. All prize values are doubled for Laudanum members.
So join the hunt! Laudanum new player hunts look something like this.

You are encouraged to team with people during the mentoring process. Teams hunt bigger mobs. Like the Atrox above. 3 out of 4 people in this picture are under level 4. They were all very pleased with the amount of skills they got during this hunt.

So that's it?

Just a little bit more.

• If you're a jerk, I reserve the right to kick you out. Play nice or don't play at all. This isn't a free money service for greedy know-it-all's who treat others poorly. I have a very short tolerance for people who talk down to others. I tend to give them a taste of their own medicine and then cut my association with them immediately.
  • If you're a beggar, I reserve the right to kick you out. This isn't a free money service. If you can't pay your own way you should probably not be in a competition with others where funds may be a deciding factor.
  • If you're a scammer, I absolutely will kick you out. I do not condone this sort of behavior and will not reward it.
  • No alts. If I find out you are using an alt in this service I will ban you immediately from the service and report your activities to MindArk. I have lots of friends. I'll ask about anyone who is suspicious. I have found alts before. It's not as hard as you may think.
  • If we can't communicate with each other due to language barrier the relationship probably won't work. I don't want to farm you. I want to help you. You can't be helped by me if you can't understand me. There are people in game better for you than me, in this situation.

Is that all? Absolutely that's all. Join the competition, and earn rewards while you learn to play EU.

Contact Info

Find me ingame as Edward Magyar Republic.

You may also add me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/senatormagyar

You can view the original blog post here
http://www.entropianetwork.com/magyar/2013/06/09/win-ped-as-magyars-disciple-will-you-be-next/

I will post the screenshots of disciple progress publicly on demand over the next 24 months.

Additional Rules:

1. No loans will be given out during this process. No PED will be provided, and nothing of monetary value will be provided. Folks are to find ways to fund their own activities in game.Bolded on 7/28/13 after repeated requests for loans.

2. I will not let you know what % your competition is at. Don't ask.

3. The first payout is on 8/1/2013. That's because the contest starts on 7/1/13.

4. If 2 people graduate and neither were at 90% the previous month, the person who had the most % to gain will win the prize pot.

5. Any disciples who are line itemed out of the competition via a screenshot here will never be eligible to participate. No risk = no reward.

6. If 2 or more people progress an equal amount, and that amount qualifies those individuals to win the prize, the max prize will be split evenly between all winners.

Last edited:
bump

Two more weeks for first entries. Initial payout is on 8/1/13.

As a mentor, my job is to help you do better in Entropia Universe. Since the goal of the game is to spend as little of your own money as possible, and even make money thus allowing you to play Entropia Universe for free, some things should be talked about.

On the page linked above you can find a few programs that either allow you to earn free PED, or allow you to, through your skills in-game, make PED. Please visit the link and, if you are interested, sign up. Be sure to read the entire page, as there are things you should be aware of with some of these incentives.

Entropia Universe is as much about educating yourself as being a good and upstanding player. Some mentors will not even let you know these incentive programs exist.

I feel this is morally wrong.

You should be informed that these programs exist, and be informed of any issues you may encounter as a result of these programs. My page is here to offer you an introduction to this area. Feel free to private message me about anything else and I will provide you as many details as I am able.

To those players who are concerned about my individual profit: My profits come from CLD, not from these programs. If these programs help players to play successfully then my, and everyone's CLD revenue increases. It makes sense to me to empower players to achieve their best potential. This is a way to do it.

Hi,

I haven't yet figured out how to find/message people ingame so I PM'ed you here.

My ingame name: Dingus Optimator Khan

(I only have Dingus Khan displayed if that matters.)

Mentoring competition July contestants. Player names with a red line through them are ineligible to enter the contest, ever.

Any player who fails to make 10% of progress this month when checked on 8/1/13 will be removed from the competition.

The player who makes the most progress get paid. See rules for additional information on payouts.

On vacation until 7/22. Any disciples who follow this forum and do not follow my main page, please feel free to message me here. Will check in periodically. Facebook is better during this time. Message me on my avatar page and I can probably get back to you within the day!

Have fun in EU, everyone!

Mentoring competition, August Contestants.

Due to MA bug, July contestants who reached 100% could not graduate. This has limited intake of new individuals to only those who dropped out, or were dismissed.

Winner - 200 PED award
(100 PED most progress x2 for Laudanum membership)

Maxwell Arkimedes Chemnitz - 71.26% progress

Closest Competition

Dark Grimmage Lord - 69.56% progress

Additional award provided - 90% and above graduation

None

Disqualified due to lack of progress
(You may try again whenever you feel ready to compete)

Tiffany SassyDeanne Simpson
Jordan TempahRush Douglas
James Irwin Miller
Rob Spravvi Bone
chimp chimpduck duck
George Toker Daniels
Copa Copa Derp

On Vacation

Dominique PhilipCastle Simpson
Ronald Mc Donald

Space is open for September competition. Message me.

sending friend request

This sounds very good to me.
I have read many of your posts and see that you are very active.
I appreciate your willingness to help us noobs.

thanks and hoping for a positive reply

Hotilongstrike

This sounds very interesting and fun, I have recently wanted to start learning how to play EU again after my first mentor wasn't very active. By the time you are reading this I have probably already added you in-game let me know in a PM on the forum not in-game when we can start because what's the point of me being EU if I don't know how to do much. So far I have the basics but I need guidance are where to go next and how to do what ever it is.

I prefer being able to voice chat since it is a much faster and all around better way to communicate, hopefully you can speak English well. I have had people that tried to help me before and I couldn't understand anything they were saying because they sucked at speaking English. Thanks for reading and please get back to me soon I will be watching my inbox! :)

Last edited:

Mentoring competition, August Contestants.

Due to MA bug, August contestants who reached 100% could not graduate. This has limited intake of new individuals to only those who dropped out, or were dismissed.

Winner - 200 PED award

Nichol Ark Bolas - 70.02% progress

Closest Competition

Maxwell Arkimedes Chemnitz - 11.63% progress

Canny Canny dCarolann

Rob Spravvl Bone
Stanley Stanster Yeo
Ronald McDonald
(Removed from contest. Due to discipleship prior to the start of the event he will be retained as a desciple.)
Dominique PhilipCastle Simpson (Removed from contest. Due to discipleship prior to the start of the event he will be retained as a desciple.)

There are 2 spaces open for the October event. PM me.

mentor-10-1-13.jpg

Mentoring competition, September Contestants.

Due to MA bug, August contestants who reached 100% could not graduate. This has limited intake of new individuals to only those who dropped out, or were dismissed.

Winner - 200 PED award

Nichol Ark Bolas - 91.85%

Closest Competition

None

None

Fred Hotilongstrike Shepherd

There is plenty of space for the November prize. Contact me through PM to get started. You could be next!

Hey Magyar, I sent you a friend request.

I was looking through mentors and decided to check the forum, glad I did!

Great, I think you are offering something very nice to the ppl who are just looking for ped:), I would choose you for Mentor if I didnt have finished it yet.

Back