Win the Spider LA - Land Grab - We need YOU!!!!

I wonder why.
Ya, that's one of the biggest mysteries of EU... lol

Anyway, was fun, as long as it lasted :p Here's some of us after the lost battle:
revolt-after.jpg

Cya next time! ;)

Kim,
Since new lg system is ongoing, this is a total bullshit.
There havent been a single huge fight without server problems, insane lags, people respawning where they die, people hiding in walls, safe zone at 10m from claim.

Mindark just dont care for it, dont tell us things have been done becoz today its lot worse than it has ever been, and i m not talking only about LG. Auction is laggy almost 24/24, so storage and ton of stuff is. We just dont have the service we deserve , not talking about mayhem event folk results , years are following and Mindark just fail at almost everything. We were expecting 2014 plan "within 7 days" you posted that one month before and we are still waiting. what kind of company is that??

They stated it before that the equipment ain't that good programmed and optimized for the game, and that is was cause the massive lags! So guess they need to fix all equipment first, because can't do shit when things are wrong coded ingame! Doesn't matter what they do with the servers! But probably easier to make new game then fix all old bugs and lags

As an expert, you could mention maybe a few of these "many games", where there is FPS aspect and players actually are on the same area.

Well, there is another scifi MMO where there was a "largest space battle ever" where there were 2800 participants online at the same time and the devs slowed time to not let lag interfere. It was a battle so epic it was headline news on many a gaming site.
Ships total worth 330.000$ have been destroyed in a battle lasting over 21 hours.

The battle was so epic, and the news coverage so wide that that game surely has gained a ton of new subscribers and old players returning.

Now even if we try to pull something off, as small as a LA conquering, we get DC and unable to connect so we miss most of the battle. No good news story here, no good youtube movies, no good twittering or redditing or anything.
How to attract new players or ex-players into playing this way?

And another thing; in 2008 the LG's had more people; most of them spectators in one place. And there was not much lag, well some lag, but there sure as heck weren't any "connection timed out".

And to answer the quote; do yo know any MMo FPS where there is so much lag when 80 players play? CoD, CS, ...
The answer is no.

And for one, I don't think it is the hardware, it is the software if you ask me. Sure we got a CE2 update, but in the back it runs on old .net crap. And guess, I'm not really a fan of .net, but there is a reason to it.

Okay, and how many players in the same draw distance?

up to 2000 players on one map, 3 factions battling over forts, so hundreds in one area. Its a map smaller than calypso, with forts all over with people battling for control of them. but usually on 5 or 6 hotspots of fighting as you spawn straight into the area you want with the fighting

EDIT. Not just avatars fighting, there are air and land vehicles also

Well I had 5 mins of fun and 55 mins of trying to log back in.
It was still worth it, lets do it again.

To add one more thing.
Do you know what my fear is? That they won't be able to fix the problem.
I fear they have to rewrite much code; and this is a slow job for any dev team. Honestly I don't see this happen, and even if it happens it might take years.

This is what I fear, and makes me sad; because events like this are really fun. But as it looks now, it seems that the software can't handle them, and adding servers is no good if you don't have good server software running.

But maybe this is to be expected, if we already have lag spikes on normal days; making it impossible to mine, to browse auction, to spawn vehicles, claim loot or tp; we should already have had it seen comming.

Lacrimae me obruent

Good i came when it was over. Would have been pissed off this massive lagg. What a shame.

I feel my blood is boiling already.

If i were into the game, i would have ended like this guy in the end:

Any others felt like him? ^^

planetside 2

Yeah but ps2 is only FPS and nothing ells, and it can be lagy as well and the clientside hit reg is frustrating.

Do mind that EU have so many custom textures there ps2 have a set of textures for all players,but i must agree
that ps2 seams 2 be able working better on stability.

Okay, and how many players in the same draw distance?

It`s built with map sectors there fighting is and it can be 48+ vs 48+ (they don't state more than 48+) ,do mind that`s tanks ,airfighting,ground fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Sry for offtopic

I was planning on writing an article on this event. Here is my article:

:laugh::eyecrazy:
Was pretty much a non event really ruined by lag, disconnects and unable to log in. Gratz to winners anyway, you did well to keep hold of LA under these conditions.

have not been booted out. though it was a bit difficult to spawn a vehicle ... press spawn ..... wait ten minutes and it spawned.
just a bit delay.

but hey every game gets lag like this when 400 people try to get to 1 server at the same time.
ofcourse we defended the fort as well as we could.
and yes the lag was kinda irritating because pressing T was also 10 minutes delayed.....

shooting shooting shooting zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip and i was suddenly in a trade center with full health

if i look back it's kinda funny.
great battle.
supporting WSS costed me 150 ped ammo ... defenatly worth it helping them and friends out.

Good i came when it was over. Would have been pissed off this massive lagg. What a shame.

I feel my blood is boiling already.

If i were into the game, i would have ended like this guy in the end:

Any others felt like him? ^^

funny as next clip i got on you tube was .... hitler play's GTA ..... and while i was watching the kid i thought that's how hitler must of been when he was a kid " a retard "

The fort events work just fine when there is no event happening. When players actually decide to compete this happens. The previous one was exactly the same.

Also approx. 80-100 ava's is not huge by many game standards, I do not accept this as a reason.

Kim, will you start a thread announcing what, if any changes come from this?

I will not take part in any LG again until I see this.

+1

Deposit in stand by still pb are fixed.
:mad::mad::mad:

Hmm well that was rather frustrating lost well over half hour due to time outs. That said when I finally got todo something it wasn't that laggy interns of movement just revive and trying to drop quad an stuff. Was a good effort by all. Maybe next time Ma can't sort this out would be fun to have a proper organised battle.

Gz on retaining the la

meanwhile joda is streaming his PvP4 mining runs, just to taunt everyone...
:sniper: anyone?

I agree MA need to fix server issues during LG and other events.

What is amusing though, is that for years this har been an urgent request from the PK community, to fix this and other PK related things, and in all those discussions, people from the regular playerbase has expressed them saying that PK isnt important , its not a profession , stop whining etc etc.

But now when the same regular players are faced with whats been our reality for many years, suddenly its important, its even outrageous that MA hasnt fixed this and that.

LOL :laugh:

MA wont fix this..

..cause they cant

would need another total graphical overhaul plus all the middleware and server software rebuilding, and a sensible choice of engine ffs and now with all the planets and content. would be an incredible task for any company to pull off. I think they are stuck between a rock and a hard place now, cant go back but cant go forward either. Basically these problems will be here for many years to come

How did VVV came back to fort (look at min 56 in vid)

That was one example of how the lagg worked out in there, some that died respawwned in the same place multiple times until the lagg was released....I stood once guarding 3 corpses that came back to life to rekill.....

It was huge laggs in there from 7 minutes into the fight until the last 5 minutes it all was released for allmsot all of us.

not very hard to defend a claim, even alone, when u respawn on it ! funniest on the vid is u see me trying to log and get kicked out as soon as i pop

not very hard to defend a claim, even alone, when u respawn on it ! funniest on the vid is u see me trying to log and get kicked out as soon as i pop

and all soc mates to joda ;)
Maybe, just maybe would it be better if all of you shoots and stop decay?
Maybe, just maybe we would die from people shooting instead of decaying?
Im just thinking........................................

why do you guys think only u had problems?
why do u say "if we all would be able to be there we would have killed joda and take claim"

if u all would be there, than u dont think we would be too? did u kill us? no, we got ctd.

I sayd in soc all week this will not be a fight agenst players, it will be a fight agenst ctd.

Last edited:
That was one example of how the lagg worked out in there, some that died respawwned in the same place multiple times until the lagg was released....I stood once guarding 3 corpses that came back to life to rekill.....

It was huge laggs in there from 7 minutes into the fight until the last 5 minutes it all was released for allmsot all of us.
ahhh

now i get it - he run to the internal tp in fort (when he got the first reviewed at fort and before he was send back) and when he at last reviewed the queue brought him back here fast - i will not call that cheating but good use of bad game mecanisme. Good knowledge VVV. I'll do the same next time too.

ahhh

now i get it - he run to the internal tp in fort (when he got the first reviewed at fort and before he was send back) and when he at last reviewed the queue brought him back here fast - i will not call that cheating but good use of bad game mecanisme. Good knowledge VVV. I'll do the same next time too.

It has nothing to do with fort TPs or anything like that. It is just revive lag, happens sometimes while hunting too.

It has nothing to do with fort TPs or anything like that. It is just revive lag, happens sometimes while hunting too.
He didnt tp to get back !!!

Either youre unlucky sometimes as you think or you just say stuff......its not like this is a help in any way for us as defenders....same BS for everyone. We had 20 minutes+ when 90% of our team couldnt get back in, just listening in TS as they said 8 left on claim...CTD......6 left on claim.......CTD......2 left on claim.......0 left on claim AND WE ALL COULD NOT LOG IN !? Is that some fucking help for us NO ???

The lagg is crap for all of us, next time dont bring 100 noobs that dont do anything but just lagg down the servers so we can kill you guys in a proper mannner instead.

Your like to tell me that the lag not played in your favor xplo?
40 min not being able tp in the area....
kill people and revived again in the claim
I'm not saying that it is your fault.. I just want to say that this helped a lot.
and the real guilty of this shame is MA.

and here we go:
let's the conspiracy theorys begins
Please dont act like a stupid noob - he had the same amount of ME before the tp as he had after arrival at fort. You have been in game to long for that.

No need for conspiracy theorys here is the how-2-do: How to get back to fort fast in LG

Back