Window Mode - How to make it work!

...just curious, if my usename don´t contain the letter "n" nor my password contain the letter "n" ...u still type it like this?

"D:\Online Games\Project Entropia\Entropia.exe" -nTest -pSecretword -col32 -dw -w1000 -h720 -bw1500 -v0 -k1 -r4 -a0

:scratch2:

-n and -p are the commandline parameters for name (-n) and password (-p).

But this was removed with last VU (9.2), so you have to enter the username/password everytime you loging. This was used so the clien know that the text after the "-n" is the username, because there is no fixed order you enter the parameters and you can also enter the -n parameter on the end of it.

Since VU9.2 you have to use
"D:\Online Games\Project Entropia\Entropia.exe" -col32 -dw -w1000 -h720 -bw1500 -v0 -k1 -r4 -a0

Edit:
You can also use the parameters as before with username and password, the -n and -p parameters will simply be ignored. But since they don't have any usefull meaning anymore, there is no reason to have the login saved inside the link.

ppl who cant get windowed mode work are stealing our hofs!! lol.. i guess these are the same ppl that say this game is random/luck based

Actually, this is not completly true. It's may not be possible with the EU ClientLoader to set window mode, with 1024x768 resolution, but with a lil workaround, it's possible.

Simply create a shortcut to the entropia.exe and in the destination window you add

-n<username> -p<password> -col32 -dw -w1000 -h720 -bw1500 -v0 -k1 -r4 -a0

the parameters are as follow:

-col32 / -col16: Color depth (16 or 32 Bit)
-dw / -df: windowed or fullscreen
-w: Width in pixel (You can enter any number here, but it's wise to put a number which is multiple of 4/16)
-h: Height in pixel
-bw: bandwidth in kbit/s (1500 means: 1.5 MBit)

not sure:
-a: Antialiasing?
-r: maybe visual quality (have it on max, and it has 4 steps, and r=4
-k / -v: dunno

So the complete textfield may be look like this:
"D:\Online Games\Project Entropia\Entropia.exe" -n<Username> -p<Password> -col32 -dw -w1000 -h720 -bw1500 -v0 -k1 -r4 -a0

Of course you have to replace <Username> with your actual username and <Password> with your password, without the < >.
For example:
If your username is "RandomGuy" and your password is "ultrasecret123", then you enter "-nRandomGuy -pultrasecret123". There is no space between -n and the username, same for pass.

so thats how they do it add a little -v0-suberduberuberlootz -h<rick-chi> -a<2towers within 24h second time>

There are many good reasons to use Windowed Mode, but for me it is like looking through an empty box or a tunnel while playing. I keep trying it out, but each time I go back to full screen. Maybe someday I'll get used to it.

Great thread by the way!

Window mode is great! Running EU in the 1680x1050 window on the 2560x1600 screen I can easily hunt my dear argos and forum whoring here at the same time without the need to alt-tab :laugh:. Real addicts' choice! :ahh:

Maybe time to update / unstickyfy?

Ok still a little confused about what options you are looking at. 'Cause all I get is this on the client loader options. Native resolution is 1440x900. It starts off in window mode when I first launch the game, but reverts back to full screen when the login screen appears.
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

many thanxs Alien..AND A BIG REP..half my problems r now solved half to go and i'm back in the game lol

I am asked to insert a disk during installation
If you are asked to insert a disk during installation this indicates that one or more of the installation files you have downloaded are corrupt.

Please check the size of the installation files you have downloaded. They should all be 665 600 KB except for the last one, entropia_universe_setup.5 which is 547 035 KB in size.

If any files are of the wrong size you need to download them again.

If the files are the correct size but you are still asked to insert a disk, there is still some data missing. This can happen if a file download was cut off prematurely or the checksum of the downloaded file is not correct. If this happens, please contact support for further assistance.

.I found this off Planet Calypso's site for something i had forgotten about thought putting it here might help others who have what i had:ahh:

I am asked to insert a disk during installation...

.I found this off Planet Calypso's site for something i had forgotten about thought putting it here might help others who have what i had:ahh:

You might want to post your comment in a new thread. Few people would search for information on an installation bug in a window mode thread. ;)

Only 1024x768 and 1152x864 Windowed resolutions available? Tried the command line but it won't load Entropia without going through the loader first.

Wanted to run it at 1280x960 (my current resolution is 1280x1024).

I second that question , is there a way to get into higher resolutions on the windowed mode :) ?

Only 1024x768 and 1152x864 Windowed resolutions available? Tried the command line but it won't load Entropia without going through the loader first.

Wanted to run it at 1280x960 (my current resolution is 1280x1024).

I second that question , is there a way to get into higher resolutions on the windowed mode :) ?

Window mode will have a max resolution at one "standard" resolution below your Windows desktop resolution, by default. I.E., if your Windows resolution is 1280x1024, it will max at 1152x864. If your Windows resolution is 1600x1200, it will max at 1280x1024 (assuming non-widescreen resolutions)

Thanks for theese advice. I had problems before, it just didn't work for me, but now everything works fine :yay:

Hey anyone knows how to solve my problem? I'm curently running my opperating system in 1929x1080 resolution but I only have 1 setting for window mode... 1024x768

Any way to make this bigger?

the problem with windowed mode on my laptop is that the window cannot be positioned to display 100% of the window area. The best I can do is to move the window as high up as possible which cuts off the bottom 100 pixels from view.

thanks very much for this guide!! :yay:

Bump.

As THIS thread explains, it is possible to achieve custom windowed resolution.

You find the settings-ce.cfg file and alter these two lines:

r_HeightWin =
r_WidthWin =

If you're running full HD (1920 by 1080) then shave a few pixels off of each. So perhaps this will work good;
r_HeightWin = 1010
r_WidthWin = 1900

Are you allowed to alter this config file?
YES - at least when it comes to custom windowed resolution. I can not say for anything else.

Support even gave me instructions on how to do this.

im thinking "what retard cant run windowed and needs a thread this complicated to figure it out"

then: If your maximum resolution is 1024*768 pixels – Unfortunately your computer will not be able to run EU in window mode.

i cant believe people still use such ancient stuff. you can buy a wide screen flat panel monitor for like 20 bucks! i dont even remember what a oldschool square monitor looks like haha :)

i'm 1/2 teasing though. at some point such old crap becomes nostalgic. plus you get new hardware and have to learn how to deal with / fix all new tech issues with crazy stuf like EU

Uhm...

Yeah, I'm an idiot.

Trying to alter the file, works fine, but can't save it? I'm logged on as an administrator but windows tells me I'm a moron and need to be the administrator to save the config file?

Help..! :ahh:

Edit: Windows 8.1

Uhm...

Yeah, I'm an idiot.

Trying to alter the file, works fine, but can't save it? I'm logged on as an administrator but windows tells me I'm a moron and need to be the administrator to save the config file?

Help..! :ahh:

Edit: Windows 8.1

Try running your text editor as an admin (right click).

Where can I find this file? Cant even find it on my pc..

i cant believe people still use such ancient stuff. you can buy a wide screen flat panel monitor for like 20 bucks! i dont even remember what a oldschool square monitor looks like haha :)

Hint: This thread was created in 2007, pre-crengine/pre-VU10.

Not to confuse "new arrivals" to this thread, maybe a new thread should be created without the "pre-cryengine" info.

(Personally, I miss the checkbox like "reduce Visual effects...").

Before window mode was officially implemented, it was possible, by using a 3rd party driver. Using it you got a "window" at top left of the screen and the resolution was hardwired to 1024x768. There was no menu bars or anything and you couldn't move that "window".

Where can I find this file? Cant even find it on my pc..

Try look here: (The "Users" and "Public" part might differ depending on Window version)
C:\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data\settings-ce.cfg

Last edited:
Back