Windows 7 EU install on wrong folder? X86

Kpeters

Stalker
Society
Antipodean Army
Konrad "KP" Peters
So I have a brand new fresh install of Windows 7 and EU got installed on the x86 Program Files folder. I thought it should have been installed on the normal Program Files folder given the fact it's a 64bit application.

Now when I try to run it it loads half way on the planet loading screen and then I hear a click a it crashes my system.

Any ideas?

Konrad.

The folder is correct. EU is a 32bit application but is ok to run on 64bit systems.

The crash you have, is not related to this I think.

The folder is correct. EU is a 32bit application but is ok to run on 64bit systems.

The crash you have, is not related to this I think.
+1 - both statements are true.

I run EU on Windows 7 Professional 64 with no issues at all.

Same same my is 64 bit windows 7 pro install in (x86) and runs great! 64 bit is able to give entropia extra ram past 2 gigs which it needs

Oh ok I thought there were dual exe's for 32 bit and 64bit and installation was different depending on your system.

This clears it up pretty much!

Thanks a lot guys!

Same same my is 64 bit windows 7 pro install in (x86) and runs great! 64 bit is able to give entropia extra ram past 2 gigs which it needs

:scratch2: do Microsoft know that because they seem to think otherwise.

:scratch2: do Microsoft know that because they seem to think otherwise.
The application can only utilize more than 2 GB of RAM if both the operating system and the application are 64-bit.

The application can only utilize more than 2 GB of RAM if both the operating system and the application are 64-bit.

Every 32 bit application can claim as much as 3GB of virtual RAM, no matter if it's run on a 32 or a 64 bit machine.

Every 32 bit application can claim as much as 3GB of virtual RAM, no matter if it's run on a 32 or a 64 bit machine.
That's right, my fault. Made that post in the early morning. :laugh:

yes but not more , kind of sad to have 8gig of ram but can use only 3 per application...

yes but not more , kind of sad to have 8gig of ram but can use only 3 per application...

Despite some people claiming otherwise, EU doesn't need 3GB when you run it - actually, last time i checked it was significantly less - so there is no benefit in having 8GB, even if EU would be able to address it (as a 64 bit process)

There wil be a 64 bit version of the Cryengine someday in the future (if crytek still exists), but i am pretty confident we will not exceed the need for 3GB max. anytime soon...
Having fast and plenty of video memory is way more important anyway.

So I have a brand new fresh install of Windows 7 and EU got installed on the x86 Program Files folder. I thought it should have been installed on the normal Program Files folder given the fact it's a 64bit application.

Now when I try to run it it loads half way on the planet loading screen and then I hear a click a it crashes my system.

Any ideas?

Konrad.

The thingy with the "click" will be the culprit.
How does it crash your system?
Completely ? Reboot ?
Does it take some time till you can switch it on again ?
Only "clicks" I ever had were from the harddisk and a sign that it wont last for long.
But could as well be the PSU not offering enough juice for the graphics card.
Or the graphics driver having a bug and shutting down the system instantly.
But there is surely no game that can crash Win7, those problems are allways either hardware or driver related.

The thingy with the "click" will be the culprit.
How does it crash your system?
Completely ? Reboot ?
Does it take some time till you can switch it on again ?
Only "clicks" I ever had were from the harddisk and a sign that it wont last for long.
But could as well be the PSU not offering enough juice for the graphics card.
Or the graphics driver having a bug and shutting down the system instantly.
But there is surely no game that can crash Win7, those problems are allways either hardware or driver related.

Thanks for the reply! The click is actually the click you can hear on entropia through the speakers when you open menus oir click on buttons on the UI. I get the mouse pointer from EU that click and puff out of EU and reboot.

Thanks for the reply! The click is actually the click you can hear on entropia through the speakers when you open menus oir click on buttons on the UI. I get the mouse pointer from EU that click and puff out of EU and reboot.

Check if you have the correct graphic drivers installed and update them to the latest version.

Yeah must be it been trying to run it on Parallels on Mac and there is no way to make it work so far. It wouldn't eve load now it does that guess I'm bacl to my PC. No entropia while out of home i guess.

ok, that click is normal then :D
Have you tried the save settings ?
Also if it is just a fresh install but an "old" computer, a look inside might help. Those fans can get quite dirty and its even worse if you have fluffs in the coolers.I am cleaning them once a year, just don't use the vacuum cleaner for it, a brush is better suited and simply blow on your own ;D

I have same problem, new pc, new drivers etc... fuck :D

Same here. No issues running it on a 64-bit either.

-Bemo-

Windows 7 64-bit on a Mac, no problems, and EU on all max settings eats only 1.5 out of the 3gb that's visible to it, so there is probably not much need for a 64bit version yet.

Back