Windows 7 vs Windows 10

Status

Admiral

Alpha
JimJimtrader
Hello i whoud like to ask is there any difference W7 VS W 10 in Entropia universe how game works, also overall system stability and how other games works. Is it worth upgrade
My system i7 3770k --- gtx 1070 8 gb ---- 16gb ram

Windows 7 is out of support, which means mostly no patches.

I suggest you get Windows 10 which has extended support until Oct 2025 and block all telemetry (search for Spybot Anti-Beacon).

As far as the game, they both work the same.

Stay Windows 7.

Hope for the best, everything they did after was pure [Common Dung]

entropialife tracker works better on windows 7.

Stick with 7. You won't see any benefit other than the ones you get from a freshly installed OS. W7 is in extended support until Jan 14th 2020 - no new features (but name one since it launched) but it is being patched.

(although my machine could probably do with a reinstall after 5 years of stuff being installed on to it, it's gotten really slow to desktop recently and after the recent batch of kernel updates I've had more bsod in the last two months than in last 4-5 years)

Hello i whoud like to ask is there any difference W7 VS W 10 in Entropia universe how game works, also overall system stability and how other games works. Is it worth upgrade
My system i7 3770k --- gtx 1070 8 gb ---- 16gb ram

Tried both, no differerence Seen...... EU is running decent on Win7 and Win 10

I am quite surprised to see so many unqualified suggestions to stay on Windows 7. There's a huge amount of benefits to move to Windows 10.

The reality is that Windows 10 runs better on last-gen systems than Windows 7 does. There's a huge difference in memory optimization between Windows 7 and Windows 10. Also, Windows 10 supports memory compression.

The file system is better, the kernel is better, higher support for DX, better Nvidia drivers, much more secure than Windows 7, and MUCH more resistant to "system rot" where the system feels slower the more applications you have installed. The boot time difference is HUGE, background tasks take MUCH less memory, so you will have more free RAM to games and applications.

I would highly recommend an upgrade to Windows 10.

Always use Windows 10. Its the best and awesome. Windows 7 is like using an old car instead of a new.

I am quite surprised to see so many unqualified suggestions to stay on Windows 7. There's a huge amount of benefits to move to Windows 10.

The reality is that Windows 10 runs better on last-gen systems than Windows 7 does. There's a huge difference in memory optimization between Windows 7 and Windows 10. Also, Windows 10 supports memory compression.

The file system is better, the kernel is better, higher support for DX, better Nvidia drivers, much more secure than Windows 7, and MUCH more resistant to "system rot" where the system feels slower the more applications you have installed. The boot time difference is HUGE, background tasks take MUCH less memory, so you will have more free RAM to games and applications.

This :lolup:

How i said: i used both systems (after Crash concerning Win10 update) I´m back on Win7, and i´m Satisfied with both...... but i have to say, i never could use it in very High Settings, because CPU...... Maybe, that´s the difference you mean? Stability is same on both systems.....

Never use unsupported Windows, what's wrong with you? If you see it running that doesn't mean it's good.
When its support runs out, it means it will turn garbage much faster.
Your system alone is not a sufficient batch to make a call which is better. Just like getting a HOF, it doesn't mean all your loots will be HOFs...

I am not a fan of Windows 10 at all, I used it ones but it confused me so I am still with my Windows 7

I am not a fan of Windows 10 at all, I used it ones but it confused me so I am still with my Windows 7

Win10 is a good and fine running system. No Problems, untill a Patch. This Patch wasn´t good for my hardware Setup. Specification for my CPU wasn´t noticed. After this it, didn´t boot and i had to reinstall Win10. So i went back to Win7.

I upgraded to Windows 10 and probably would again but there are a couple issues I had.

1st: Can't take screenshots of EU in FullScreen mode. Easy fix is to run EU in Windowed Full Screen mode which is about the same as true Full Screen but you can't adjust gamma, brightness, etc in game.

2nd: I have had some very frustrating issues with my PCI Wifi card since I upgraded to Windows 10. Fortunately it's easy for me to have a wired connection. If I had to go wireless again I think I'd try a usb wifi dongle.

I see, well it's just personal preference. Didn't they fix the problem though?

ppjrvnz1nm841.png

How long untill the first Arch user shows up in this thread? What a necro btw.

Windows 7 was the best choice when the thread was made IMO, but today I'd lean toward Windows 11. It's too close to UE5 for one thing, and the Windows 7 security will only grow more outdated over time. As much as I love Windows 7, I'll probably start looking for new machines around the end of the year if we have a good handle on UE5 Entropia's requirements.

I play on Windows 95 it simply allows me to get more out of my calculator
Yes ok the flat screen Shows only Black and Green squares but thats All i need since i can do everything with hitting F

I prefer Commodores Amiga OS when we go back that far.

Status
Back