Wish: turn of pvp in doom 16 dasp

.... if you voluntarily enter a PvP area you are giving permission to others to try and PK you.

Agree 100%. Some use guns, some use mobs, some use TP chips ;)
Whatever gets the job done, with permission.

You'll need to ask my ex-disciple about "PK by TP chip"

Okay, I originally said I'd like to see pvp switched off in the domes. Yes, I am a miner.

However, having read the arguments for and against I can see the merits of a Dasp hunter not wanting to lose shitloads of peds on half-killed mobs due to aggroing.

For this reason I am going to say leave the pvp on in domes 16 & 17. This is with a proviso, however. That proviso is that Dasp hunters don't just shoot miners on sight without provocation. To me, being in the dome is not provocation. Sure, a mob could spawn on a miner, kill him, then go after the Dasp hunter and his/her fappers. But that same Dasp could spawn on the hunter himself, buggering up the hunt and costing peds just the same.

I'm willing to share the domes with hunters as long as they respect my (and other miners) right to bomb and probe there.

Just my current thoughts on the matter.

the days where ive had 10+ dasps turret, i just shoot any miner, wasnt even aware i had shot you...
and its only me who plays my avatar

fair enough...no problem anyways I don't spend alot of time up there so really doesn't matter to me if it's on or off...and gool luck on the hunting hope you get another nice loot :)gratz to the nice one you got already

i have only been to cnd once.. but if i know that i risk getting shot in a dome it makes me question if its worth the ped to get up there.. if i do find a hof up there i can get shot in the ass as im drilling it and then have to walk back out there to get shot again... dunno about the rest of yall but that sounds like it could get boring real fast... if we could get the hunters to agree to not shoot on sight and have the rest of the hunters enforce that rule then im all for it

Im sure he isnt the only, but he is so far the only that proved himself to be that, at least that ive seen.

If i shoot a miner he will get his claim if he got one, if a miner turret my dasp, its lost.
Another thing that bothers me is the miners camping at turret for 15 min being afk, which means, if i die by a crit, its 50% chance the dasp runs to the miner instead of my healer/fapper

Well Looser ive been mining around u when u hunt dasp and u didnt shoot me :)
And i didnt drag any mobs to u either so...But i totally understand u...Its very annoying with stupid miners that just dont give a f*ck :mad: If someone pked me just for beeing there without actually harassing the hunter i would defenetly say thank u with a big ass mob train :)

Last edited:
i have only been to cnd once.. but if i know that i risk getting shot in a dome it makes me question if its worth the ped to get up there..

I'd say you will be pretty safe though.

It's only 2 domes out of 20 that has pvp on, and most of the time they aren't filled with pk:ers.

If I was a miner though, I would be very careful about mining in a dome with mobs I can't handle. Even if you drop your probe where you are safe, the rod might popup next to something that will kill you if you get close enough.

Well, I've been in those domes too where warants shot me because I was causing LAG for them while hunting.

Sad sad ... but true ... ofc I lost the fight (in the dome and in support)

PS :

I was mining there, never went back to CND since then to mine.

The point is that you can do big mess for a good PK:er in this domes without to have be a good PK:er that's why they do not want anyone but them to be Able to Be There.

After reading through pretty much the whole thread this seems to have turned into an argument of hunters vs miners.

What I can see is that Miners annoy a select amount of regular hunters who now take advantage of PVP to clear them of the entire area without just a simple warning or explanation not to go anywhere more than a couple of mm into the other person's radar.

Yes there are 18 other domes where people can mine PVP free but there is no proven way the mining/loot system works and some might believe they will be luckier around bigger mobs and choose the dasp domes for it.

Until now it has always been turned off and there haven't been any complaints about it until only now when its been turned on and suddenly an uproar of conroversy over it has broken out.

The other main point is that it isn't just miners who are being PK'd. As stated earlier in the thread there were a group of hunters targeted by a PKer. It may not be everybody but it still doesn't mean it can't be anybody.

MindArk's AI system is very messed up and unrealistic but it hasn't changed much since before VU10 was implimented and it was all fine and dandy then.

When i'm out hunting any mob I have mobs spawn on me just as much as I have miners agrevating mobs (and yes this is hunting on cnd with atrox which has high agro).

The questions arise of what would happen if the population of entropia did rapidly increase with the introduction of new planets, then there would be more than just one or two people wanting to hunt dasps, if hunters such as Looser still didn't want other people hunting around him then it would just turn into a pvp war rather than people harvesting loot from aliens.

To me the solution is simple. You can't please everybody, but everybody was happy before things changed.

To me the solution is simple. You can't please everybody, but everybody was happy before things changed.

No, everyone was not happy which is why the PvP was turned back on

fair enough...no problem anyways I don't spend alot of time up there so really doesn't matter to me if it's on or off...and gool luck on the hunting hope you get another nice loot :)gratz to the nice one you got already

Tackar :)
Du får komma in och sätta ett torn som jag kan stå uppe i och skjuta dom små dasparna ifrån ;)

After reading through pretty much the whole thread
Until now it has always been turned off and there haven't been any complaints about it until only now when its been turned on and suddenly an uproar of conroversy over it has broken out.

Its not always been turned off, actually its been on for quite some time, and was turned off and recently just turned on again.

The questions arise of what would happen if the population of entropia did rapidly increase with the introduction of new planets, then there would be more than just one or two people wanting to hunt dasps, if hunters such as Looser still didn't want other people hunting around him then it would just turn into a pvp war rather than people harvesting loot from aliens.

Who said i didnt let hunters hunt there?
I ONCE in the last 2 months pked hunter in there, it was a 12 person team, and they were just at tp/turrent then.

Stick to facts and stop guessing, and youll see there really isnt any problem.

I ONCE in the last 2 months pked hunter in there, it was a 12 person team, and they were just at tp/turrent then.

Well that is total bull shit and you know it.. so try to stick to the facts as you request from others.

You started by PKing players while they were hunting a mob, then they got pissed and waited for you at the tp and killed you every time you entered the dome, then you continued to kill a few of the ppl in the team when the had left you alone. PKing in the back while ppl they try to kill a dasp is just lame.

Well that is total bull shit and you know it.. so try to stick to the facts as you request from others.

You started by PKing players while they were hunting a mob, then they got pissed and waited for you at the tp and killed you every time you entered the dome, then you continued to kill a few of the ppl in the team when the had left you alone. PKing in the back while ppl they try to kill a dasp is just lame.

I know some of you are animals, but really...i shot you guys at tp, and it was only 10-12 of you, so no big deal :)

Its not always been turned off, actually its been on for quite some time, and was turned off and recently just turned on again.

Like I said, I read the thread thouroughly.

I know some of you are animals, but really...i shot you guys at tp, and it was only 10-12 of you, so no big deal :)

pking ppl on their way back to a mob does the same damage as pking them while shooting...

but your not the reason to this thread and im sorry it turned into a Looser thread.

get back to topic turn of PVP yes or no.

hmmm might post a poll

pking ppl on their way back to a mob does the same damage as pking them while shooting...

but your not the reason to this thread and im sorry it turned into a Looser thread.

get back to topic turn of PVP yes or no.

hmmm might post a poll

I know it would, i hunt a lot there :)
Btw how should i know if you guys did a mob or just camped around tp? :)
so i dont consider it the same thing, and those mobs doesnt regain any hp at all..or very little

back to the topic
considering how many ppl that mine in there, it seems to me its working the way it is, with pvp on, isnt it?

I think it should be off in all domes, because we're doing MA a big favor when we waste ammo shooting our teammates accidentally.

I think it should be off in all domes, because we're doing MA a big favor when we waste ammo shooting our teammates accidentally.

We do a bigger favor to the loot system since that’s where ammo burn ends up.

I know it would, i hunt a lot there :)
Btw how should i know if you guys did a mob or just camped around tp? :)
so i dont consider it the same thing, and those mobs doesnt regain any hp at all..or very little

back to the topic
considering how many ppl that mine in there, it seems to me its working the way it is, with pvp on, isnt it?

its not about the regen... when you do big mobs with small eco guns and low decay armor you need all guns.

But if we are to have pvp in domes why dont follow the fashion in VU 10.0 and noy be able to see the green and the red dots so that no one may get no advantage in the pvp area.:yay: :yay:

just turn the damn thing off ;)

But if we are to have pvp in domes why dont follow the fashion in VU 10.0 and noy be able to see the green and the red dots so that no one may get no advantage in the pvp area.:yay: :yay:

cuz everyone would aggro everything due to the fact that ppl dont see how far/close they are to the mob.

I'm not on CND much, but some week ago my soc decided to go up for daspletors. Then, the second day we were up there we started to see all those lines ... was killed by ... . It felt like a déja-vu because the one who did the kills some year go went amok among iltumatrox-hunters, so we all thought "ah noes not again".
Our team wasn't damaged so much but it felt annoying, since the pk camped next to the only TP at the dome that worked, so even ef we hunted in the north half of the dome, everyone who died would had to pass the area.

It just felt so ... pointless. A pk:er in shadow(?), pretty hard to do anything against using ordinary mid-level weapons, and on the other side pk:ing people who were in for daspletors.

Of course this was obviously accidental that we happened to be there that specific weekend, but at the time it felt a bit like "sigh, not him again". And, sure even if dying there at the TP theoretically is just 15 seconds, it's more than that: a roundtrip to Control Room takes more than 10 seconds because of lag, the fapping to get back up to full HP do cost (using non-uberfaps; and yes some of us want to be at full health when we meet daspletors), and if it the unplanned roundtrip to control room takes a minute it can mean lost share in loots. Alternatively there is 5 teammates waiting an extra minute to start shooting because the 6th hunter got PKd trying to get back.

I think for pvp to be fun at CND, it should be in a dedicated area, and with a revival next to the "ring" (so death doesn't mean you have to lag through the control room and that televator).

got a neg rep for this :D

It is for all and ND has done ALOT to make CND miner friendly. But there are 20 domes and there are unique uber mobs. So like it or not people will want to hunt them and remove distractions.

With champs league gone (at least for now) and spawns at a minimum you have to wonder what CND and hunting have in common ... the answer is unique mobs. You are free to mine the other domes without mobs interupting you and so should hunters be able to hunt the unique mobs without miners interupting them.

For the miner the mobs were a problem and you asked for them to be removed, and they were. For hunters, miners can be a problem and the option to remove them should remain.

You have the vast majority of domes to mine freely and the other domes free of PKers probably 50%+ of the time. IMO thats enough.

Last edited:
Back