Wish: turn of pvp in doom 16 dasp

Thanks for your concern. :rolleyes:

If the time comes it will be for support to decide. But thanks for your opinion...it means alot...really...and I reallly REALLY mean that. :rolleyes:

It’s not an opinion... doing what you described would be grounds for MindArk locking your account because you would obviously be trying to ruin the game play experience of another player.

Nope. Looser makes a point of going to where you are and PK'ing you. ;)
If i'm anywhere close to a hunter, mining in PVP I expect to get pk'd....it's part of the game. I wouldn't want mobs pulled on me if I was hunting either.

But you guys that defend idiot child above should really check out the way he behaves sometimes. :) He definetly lives up to his name. ;)

I aint defending anyone guess looser dosent like you. ;)
Ive ran past him many times mining he hasent shot me. He was even nice enough to take a dasp off my claim. :)
Thats not to say one day he wont but it's pvp and all part of EU.

Cnd with no pvp aint the same

pvp is needed in these domes just my thoughts.

blah blah blah...I know everything...blah blah blah....

Now this is all hypothetical of course as I've never actually retaliated when i've met him and his travelling scum show he calls "playing." But for the sake of the argument with his "all knowingness" above, ....since it's PVP, training is allowed within reason,(Marco's words not mine) In order for me to be locked, Looser would need to Provide screenies and show where I was purposly trying to ruin his game play experience....I would of course provide screenies of him behaving as he normally does.....(You should check it out sometime, he's really something.) then it would be supports call. Get it? I know it's tough sometimes to penetrate into that small amount of grey matter you possess that you are not some sort of EU god and what you say goes....but it is what it is. Best get used to it. ;)

Nice of you to drop by and defend your buddy though. Remember....
"If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas." ;)

Last edited:
I aint defending anyone guess looser dosent like you. ;)
Ive ran past him many times mining he hasent shot me. He was even nice enough to take a dasp off my claim. :)
Thats not to say one day he wont but it's pvp and all part of EU.

Cnd with no pvp aint the same

pvp is needed in these domes just my thoughts.

As I said earlier, I have no probelm with PVP on CND or anywhere. I've been pk'd many times, been trained many times...all part of the game. Looser is a different story. ;)

As I said earlier, I have no probelm with PVP on CND or anywhere. I've been pk'd many times, been trained many times...all part of the game. Looser is a different story. ;)

Well he has to keep his name in Top PK'ers on tracker somehow :laugh:

Doing that a good way to get your account locked.

Then they would be forced to lock the account at many ppl because what i have seen in the game its standars to be hidden in the rocks an to arggo mobs in connection with when you trying to kill someone, ppl do it often in pvp so now if dome 16 will become pvp so whay should they not be able to do it there because it is frequent that ppl do that in pvp so whay cant they do that the dome 16 ..... As many says ---> pvp = no rules. ( Pvp is pvp no matter where it is ) or is it not. !!

( A common trick that used to confuse your enemy in pvp and to be able to hide behind the mobs ).

It should not take personally the only pvp. :)

Last edited:
Now this is all hypothetical of course as I've never actually retaliated when i've met him and his travelling scum show he calls "playing." But for the sake of the argument with his "all knowingness" above, ....since it's PVP, training is allowed within reason,(Marco's words not mine) In order for me to be locked, Looser would need to Provide screenies and show where I was purposly trying to ruin his game play experience....I would of course provide screenies of him behaving as he normally does.....(You should check it out sometime, he's really something.) then it would be supports call. Get it? I know it's tough sometimes to penetrate into that small amount of grey matter you possess that you are not some sort of EU god and what you say goes....but it is what it is. Best get used to it. ;)

"If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas." ;)

Why can’t you for once have a conversation on a forum, or an interaction in the game without taking it personally and feeling the need to resort to personal attacks? Why can’t you simply have a point counterpoint discussion? Resorting to personal attacks is a sign if intellectual vacancy and it’s something you do often... it’s too bad because you aren’t really a dumb person.

When I speak in a matter of fact way it is because I have already crossed that road myself, I know other people who have, or I have some other experience with the subject matter. When I disagree with a point that you make, I am not talking down to you nor am I trying to convey that I know everything. Instead I am simply trying to share my opinion, perspective, or experience on the topic. There is no need for you to assume it’s a personal attack on anyone.

In the scenario you described, you basically said you would mob train him for an hour if he were to PK you. While mob training isn’t specifically against the EULA, Marco and others have been very clear that when it’s done over and over to the same person(s) it is a form of harassment and is against the EULA.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the scenario you described, you basically said you would mob train him for an hour if he were to PK you. While mob training isn’t specifically against the EULA, Marco and others have been very clear that when it’s done over and over to the same person(s) it is a form of harassment and is against the EULA.

Well, what if he only does it while mining, as a pk strategy?

Your man has declared a state of kill-on-sight against anyone he deems to be a threat to his hunt. In the context of the GAME, and PVP, it seems ridiculous that a person cannot retaliate with all means at their disposal. That is what your man does... the only difference is the method and strategy of the assault.

MIB : "If you don't start nothin' , there won't be nothin' ". ;)

War escalates, and killing someone to ease your progress is an act of war. If somebody kills you, you kill him right back. The first time I dragged a spider to the rig, it took close to six hours. Run, die, revive, repeat. When it finally ran in, and a wall of ubers opened up on it, it was the happiest day of my noob life.

You can get mad, or you can get even. We can only fight within our means, but that may sometimes be enough.

I never hunt dasps but I'm mining CND 24/7...if u ask me, keep pvp as long as u want just dont make it lootable.;)
I'm always careful that I don't disturb hunters and it works just fine...I leave them alone and I receive same in return :cool:

Thats the way... :wtg:

"If you lie down with me, you will end up with a 10day penicillin cure for the many different STD's i collected." ;)

Dude, i think youre mommy bought a new blanket for you... go try it out while Q_Q'ing in youre babybed.. kkbthxye.

Last edited:
Well, what if he only does it while mining, as a pk strategy?

Your man has declared a state of kill-on-sight against anyone he deems to be a threat to his hunt. In the context of the GAME, and PVP, it seems ridiculous that a person cannot retaliate with all means at their disposal. That is what your man does... the only difference is the method and strategy of the assault.

MIB : "If you don't start nothin' , there won't be nothin' ". ;)

War escalates, and killing someone to ease your progress is an act of war. If somebody kills you, you kill him right back. The first time I dragged a spider to the rig, it took close to six hours. Run, die, revive, repeat. When it finally ran in, and a wall of ubers opened up on it, it was the happiest day of my noob life.

You can get mad, or you can get even. We can only fight within our means, but that may sometimes be enough.

You speak of this as if its war... well war isn’t about who can have the biggest tantrum. I understand the point you make however I firmly believe that retaliation through repetitive mob trains is a flawed tactic for a few reasons.

1. It takes the issue to a personal level and will cause the PK aggressor to remember your name in the future which will probably cause the person to do something else to you given the opportunity. If your goal is to get a better PKer to stop PKing you, pissing them off more is only going to perpetuate and increase hostilities. Mob trains certainly won’t make the surrender or cry for mercy.

2. It clearly displays that you are angry with the situation. When you express your anger and frustration like this, the person who started messing with you thinks that you are an emotionally weak person and knows that he can get under your skin and control you if he wants to. This only invites more problems for yourself.

3. MindArk considers repetitive mob trains to be against the EULA. This means when you use mob train tactics, you are jeopardizing the integrity of your whole account. Furthermore, you are surrendering the "high road" which will undermine and erode any attempts to gain the support and backing of others and gives your opponent ammunition to use against you in an argument or forum flame fest.

Instead, I believe the correct strategy for ending persistent PKing by a better PKer is to simply use logic and reason. Try to talk to the person and make them realize that you aren’t a total douche bag. Forget about your opinion of the person, your goal is to get them to stop PKing you. Odds are that if you can make the person like you even just a little, not only will they stop PKing you, they will also help you and maybe even defend you. Perhaps once you get to know the person, you will realize that he/she isn’t a total ass hole and you might even start to like the person.

I like dasp.

I like dasp.

Congratulations!

under.jpg

The Dasp hunters complain about the miners draggin mobs onto them and they like to Shoot em!

Since the Dasps are a Unique mob and require alot of Ammo to kill, they deserve consideration...

The Miners have the run of the rest of CND and they are safe, so I kinda like to allow PVP in 16 & 17 However if it is really so unpopular and if people feel that the Dasp hunters dont need this consideration, I'm all ears.

make som other dooms pvp instead... empty one from mobs completley for all pkers... what im saying is that lots of hunts end because of PKers... they cost you money. turn it on for events but keep it of the rest of the time.

im all for pvp in the right places... but when you can just revive and be back within 30sec its not fun...

us as example... we where 5-8 pll in team and was killed 1 by 1, so we got back and gave him a hard time... but within 30sec he was back and killed 1-3of us before we could kill him. and this happened over and over and over untill we left CND and spent our money on proteron instead.

turn it of and we will be back, or leave it and i wont bother going to CND.

You speak of this as if its war... well war isn’t about who can have the biggest tantrum. I understand the point you make however I firmly believe that retaliation through repetitive mob trains is a flawed tactic for a few reasons.

Hmm... tantrums. Well, that is a matter of opinion really. War is about defeating your enemy, any way you can.

1. It takes the issue to a personal level and will cause the PK aggressor to remember your name in the future which will probably cause the person to do something else to you given the opportunity. If your goal is to get a better PKer to stop PKing you, pissing them off more is only going to perpetuate and increase hostilities. Mob trains certainly won’t make the surrender or cry for mercy.

It doesn't get more personal than being killed out of hand for no reason. Mob trains may not make them cry for mercy, but it does touch them where it hurts. As for "remembering your name" - I still remember the name of the first avatar that PK'd me. I bet he doesn't remember me. The fact is that some PKers cannot be stopped. My goal would be to annoy them as much as they have annoyed me.

2. It clearly displays that you are angry with the situation. When you express your anger and frustration like this, the person who started messing with you thinks that you are an emotionally weak person and knows that he can get under your skin and control you if he wants to. This only invites more problems for yourself.

Being angry when it is appropriate is not a sign of "emotional weakness", it is a sign of emotional balance. Swallowing your anger is a very bad habit.

3. MindArk considers repetitive mob trains to be against the EULA. This means when you use mob train tactics, you are jeopardizing the integrity of your whole account. Furthermore, you are surrendering the "high road" which will undermine and erode any attempts to gain the support and backing of others and gives your opponent ammunition to use against you in an argument or forum flame fest.

Repetitive mob trains for no reason would be harrasment, I agree. As a means of retaliation for repetitve PK, it's merely another approach. I'm not sure what "high ground" you think may exist here. An asshole with a gun is no better than an asshole with a mob train.

Instead, I believe the correct strategy for ending persistent PKing by a better PKer is to simply use logic and reason. Try to talk to the person and make them realize that you aren’t a total douche bag. Forget about your opinion of the person, your goal is to get them to stop PKing you. Odds are that if you can make the person like you even just a little, not only will they stop PKing you, they will also help you and maybe even defend you. Perhaps once you get to know the person, you will realize that he/she isn’t a total ass hole and you might even start to like the person.

Again, the goal is not to get them to stop PKing you, it is a futile exercise with some. Getting even is the goal. I have encountered practically every type of PKer in game, and most will respond to common decency at some point. When you believe that you are dealing with someone who doesn't, then you must take a different approach.

When someone steals from me my most precious investment, namely my time, then I feel justified in any attempt to inflict commensurate damage. If MA/FPC locks my account for that, well so be it. At least I did not go quietly into that dark night :)

stop the PVP discussion... its about one doom.

please ND try it for 2 weeks, if you/we dont like it then change it back.

i see the point in killing miners and all that but most of the kills in that doom is to get a pk hof and nothing else.

I like dasp to merc but cant handle dasp and pkers... jdegres skill scanner tells me im about 40k $ from that :laugh:

i see the point in killing miners and all that but most of the kills in that doom is to get a pk hof and nothing else.

I like dasp to merc but cant handle dasp and pkers... jdegres skill scanner tells me im about 40k $ from that :laugh:

What doesnt work for you the way it is now?
You cant be serious when you say most kills is to get a pk hof? how often does that happen in dome16/17 ?

True enough Soderd,
Sorry for helping to lead your topic off the rails. ;)

For the record I actually think 16-20 should be all pvp as they used to be.

Cya and GL. :)

What doesnt work for you the way it is now?
You cant be serious when you say most kills is to get a pk hof? how often does that happen in dome16/17 ?

just my thoughts and experienses... your not the first person who ruined a hunt for me and will prolly not be the last... but all the times ive been killed in that doome its been to get a hof.

I don't like that ppl with better PK gear are "closing" domes.
Domes should be open to mine/hunt on normal times (not on events ...)

So YES, plz turn PVP off in domes :)

Agrees, Its ONE of the reasons i havent been up there in a VERY long time. Kinda frustrating to spend MY peds trying to kill a dasp, with an asshole backstabber standing close just to choose the right moment to step in and kill me. Mostly right after the dam mob had a decent hit on me, and ALWAYS right B4 the mob is halfkilled. But then again, guess we have to understand this poor rude assholes who apparantly have enough RL cash to pay for their OWN mob kills. :rolleyes:

I would like to see it turned off... I mine there only...Looser has pked me and been nice to me so he is either two people on that avatar or has huge mood swings...

I would like to see it turned off... I mine there only...Looser has pked me and been nice to me so he is either two people on that avatar or has huge mood swings...

Hey mate thx gfor your thoughts

just my thoughts and experienses... your not the first person who ruined a hunt for me and will prolly not be the last... but all the times ive been killed in that doome its been to get a hof.

ruined a hunt?
did i pk you when you were doing a dasp? dont think so

Agrees, Its ONE of the reasons i havent been up there in a VERY long time. Kinda frustrating to spend MY peds trying to kill a dasp, with an asshole backstabber standing close just to choose the right moment to step in and kill me. Mostly right after the dam mob had a decent hit on me, and ALWAYS right B4 the mob is halfkilled. But then again, guess we have to understand this poor rude assholes who apparantly have enough RL cash to pay for their OWN mob kills. :rolleyes:

pvp has been turned off last few months and was just recently turned on!

the days where ive had 10+ dasps turret, i just shoot any miner, wasnt even aware i had shot you...
and its only me who plays my avatar

It doesn't get more personal than being killed out of hand for no reason.

This right here is the fundamental point where you and I start to disagree. I do not believe PvP should be "personal", furthermore, if you voluntarily enter a PvP area you are giving permission to others to try and PK you.

I have done my fair share of PKing and have also gotten my fair share back as others PK me. Whenever the PvP "battle" starts to get personal (on either end) I typically stop before it really becomes personal.

Most PKers look at PvP as something fun to do and even as a challenge. Let’s take Looser for example since his name is mentioned so much. I have seen him purposfully provoke PvP fights that he knows he will lose simply because he is a PKer and he wants a good challenge. For him, PvP is fun and fighting against multiple opponents or stronger opponents is how you get better.

You don’t get mad when a hunter kills a mob, when a miner starts mining, when a crafter starts crafting, or when a pilot flies to CND or CP. These are all obvious components to the game itself. The same is true with PvP... it is a component to the game. PvP is as much a part of Calypso as anything else. Since it is a part of the game, people who enjoy PvP typically can be found in PvP areas so when you enter one of those areas voluntarily, you should expect that the person will attempt to PK you. When they do PK you, it’s not personal until you make it personal and it’s not a war until you make it a war.

You don’t get mad when a hunter kills a mob, when a miner starts mining, when a crafter starts crafting, or when a pilot flies to CND or CP.

A fundamental difference between killing a mob (red dot) and killing a player (green dot) is that when you kill a player, you directly do something that influences another player (typically, sends him to revival).

Technically, red dots are controlled by a computer, and green dots are controlled by humans of which most have feelings. Or as seen ingame; green dots revive and remember having been killed and red dots just die and new ones without previous memory of hunters are being born.

Depending on situation, the other player may think it's ok or even good (dodge skilling in ring, for instance), or it may be a big menace (a low-end miner without TP-chip who just got a claim in middle of nowhere, or a hunter halfway throgh a mob got killed by a long-distance shot in the back). The person you kill may be in good mood (just ignoring being killed), or bad mood (getting mad and wants to either come back for revenge, or puttig you on a "KOS" list). Generally, it's probably not as fun getting shot in the back as it is to fire the shot.

Also equipment and skills differ. A typical pk:er have practice, a low-lag computer+connection, ingame skills/HP and equipment. Keep in mind, though a full set of Infiltrator is cheaper than a set of Shadow, it's still not affordable by everyone. Even if LR66 is good, unless you have good pk skills, you have little chance against someone who fires at you with tango or mod dar.

Back to the original question: Should pvp be on or of in, ie, dome 16?

First, think there are a number of legitemate uses, beside pure pk:ing:
- A miner wants to get rid of another miner who's bombing at his claims (not relevant since there are no veins anymore)
- A hunter sees a miner running for him with a tail of aggroed mobs

As I see it, the above is the top reasons why pvp is on. Now if people uses it for pk sprees and causes problems (for instance shooting hunters, including hunters running through the dome since the nothern TP doesn't work), maybe the mis-use of the pvp feature is bigger than the actual use of it.

As for pk:ers missing a place for pure pk:ing, maybe it could be examined if there is a better dome suited for it, without rare mobs & mined stuff, or if MA could implement some sort of ring.

The game's traditions is.
1. Pvp = No rules.
2. Non pvp = Rules.

MA gave os 4 pvp areas pvp 1.2.3 and 4 and all LA:s if owner wants it so.
So if the owner turn on the pvp we have no rules there and the owner has to be ready for it.

Now we coming to MA:s rules about " The EULA " about to ruin a gameplay.

1. If i am in the pvp zones and you shoot on my but i am not there for pvp i am there to hunt mobs then = you ruin my gameplay.

2. Mob train in all zones is = you ruin my gameplay.

3. Stealkill in all zones = you ruin my gameplay.

Conclusion if 1 avatar does that often its = it is a form of harassment and is against the EULA.

Back