Wishes for lootable pvp areas

Dan59

Stalker
Society
dust
Dan Dan Petrov
I dond see reason why Pkers shud have monopoly and control some unique resources.

I hope MA make gear ( armor , weapon, fap ) dropable and lootable in PVP4.

So ..
-if you get killed by mob you drop random pice of gear and have to run back after revived to take it back ( if someone was not faster than you)

-if you get pked - pker get random pice of your gear you wear or have in inventory.

- is a lot more exciting - you know you can get MM of someone and you know that someone can get your modfap .....

I hope MA make all resources and mobs aviable in non pvp4 area.

I think that pker can have a lot more fun by pking another pker and loot his weapon than hunting naked miner and looting his 5 peds ores.

I believe that instead of "stealing" (yeah i know its a harsh word) loot, you'd be getting someone's investment totally ruined :D
Its like money games
you can play chips for free, or low bids
Or you can put in your car and most valuable items.
If pvp ever turned like that the prices would be even higher from droppables in pvp4

I remember reading that in very early stage (alpha? or maybe just concept) of Project Entropia that players were originally supposed to lose all their items when they died. They could get them back by running out to the spot and looting their own body (unless someone else got there first). People who didn't want to risk their stuff could buy insurance on (some? all?) items.

I think about that concept sometimes and I really wonder if EU would be a cooler place today if they had stuck with that. But I guess early testing showed that players didn't like the possibility of losing their items. :(

Pvp is dead enough as it is. With this retarded idea it would be a ghost town.

Anyone who thinks pkers "control" pvp4 hasnt spent much time there- if any at all.

Is this meant as a joke?

Because this was by far the most stupid suggestion i heard within my time of the lottery... There is always a bigger fish, the biggest fish would rule PVP and that is what you want? :scratch2:

PVP zone is my best income, mostly by mining and yes i get killed, and yes i kill some, but area is so big now that you can sneak in and grab stuff and getting out befor noone even knows your there.

Ever considered that a mob kill would drop you finder for me to find if your rules were introduced?

I hope MA make all resources and mobs aviable in non pvp4 area.

I think that pker can have a lot more fun by pking another pker and loot his weapon than hunting naked miner and looting his 5 peds ores.

1) Some resources have too high MU. I dont think having 6000% of markup is ok. For that i sugested to make them aviable out of pvp4.
2) Pkers so often are whinig that pvp4 is borring. That probably mean they need new challenge.

So let resources and mobs aviable for anyone and let pvp4 for pkers to do what they like - tpo pk each other and have fun with that.

I....... I ...... I dunno what to say - I guess if its a risk you're not willing to take, don't take it - there is a reason why its "6000%" markup - and pk'ers will hunt you down for that

Most skilled avatar in Entropia Universe and know shit about PVP :D

Seriously Dan, try to PK someone and then return and talk again about "monopoly" in pvp4 :DDD

1) Some resources have too high MU. I dont think having 6000% of markup is ok. For that i sugested to make them aviable out of pvp4.
2) Pkers so often are whinig that pvp4 is borring. That probably mean they need new challenge.

So let resources and mobs aviable for anyone and let pvp4 for pkers to do what they like - tpo pk each other and have fun with that.

There's no recource inside PVP4 with 6000% markup, highest is Fire root atm, and it's only 1200-1400%.

Also, if those unique ores and enmatters became available outside of the zone, why should I bother going inside and risk my gear, if it's found elsewhere with 0 risk ?

Because this was by far the most stupid suggestion i heard within my time of the lottery... There is always a bigger fish, the biggest fish would rule PVP and that is what you want? :scratch2:

PVP zone is my best income, mostly by mining and yes i get killed, and yes i kill some, but area is so big now that you can sneak in and grab stuff and getting out befor noone even knows your there.

Ever considered that a mob kill would drop you finder for me to find if your rules were introduced?

I sooo agree! :eek:
This is at least 100 times more stupid than making teleporter fees on ground.. Let's make us loose all the money on our ped card if we get killed by a mob too..? :rolleyes:

And for OP's other question.. PVP is deadly silent, there aren't many people in it, PVP need all the attraction it could get to get more people there, or at least maintain the current amount of activity in there.
In PVP zones you risk beeing looted by pkers, but you also have the chance to loot minerals\ items that are only looted in PVP zones. That's the main reason miners and hunters go there! Take away that, then, why should anyone else than pkers go to PVP? :confused:

Did you really think at all when posting theese questions..? :scratch:

These suggestions would aid pkers in monopolising the market further, since all miners+nonubers would be too scared to venture into pvp, ever.

(and since when do we monopolise? wtf :confused::confused::confused:)

Try going into pvp maybe, before making unabashedly wrong statements.

What a great and cool comunity.
Instead to read entire post you all run to wery frendly and rude hatefull insults lol.
Did i hurt someone ? Probability to loose extraprofit maybe?
Nah - as many point it - is ghost town, is silent , nobody there - so nobody get hurt.
20 miners there and maybe also 20 pkers to loose litle - for benefit of entire player base.
Yes idea cud be bad but cud be also good anyway better than nothing.
If you dont like than post your better idea.
Post your idea how to obtain thoose resources with markup in range from 0% to max 5% insead of ridiculous several tousands % in order that comunity can get crafted items affordable by larger player base.
Post your idea how to give Pkers more fun and also more challenge.
I cant belive that pking naked noob miner is best what we can have there.
Is not challenge at all.
Yes it can be proffitable but without any challenge and sure without any risk.
I sugested to have all those resources and mobs also out of pvp4 in order to obtain resources at a lot lower markup and in order to let pkers indisturbated to pk each other.
So pking each other shud have some incentive - ass you all are inclined to say gear drop is retard and idiotic idea. Ok it may be but give your better idea then.
Dont tell me that sollution of full geared uber wich only expense is ammo lost without any other risk apart time against naked noob miner is top sollution there.

Okay, you were using the word monopolise. It's completely the wrong word.
As far as profit............?

I used to hunt mulmun with great regularity. I used to be able to sell hedoc-50 and ser250 for good markup. Then MA introduced risk free spawns about a year ago, and with VU 10 they also removed any maturity worth hunting - so it's completely ruined. It was one of the only ways I could surely break even in EU, not having much ped on the card at the time.

If resources has max % of 105%, what would be the use of pvp? No pkers are going to bother. I am curious though, is it only because you want enhancers to be cheap to use? They aren't expensive because of resources found in pvp - at the moment blazars still cost 1ped.

Maybe ask DD why 90% of them quit/abandoned game, that would give you the answer why it is not fun - I bet it is nothing to do with the pvp side of things.

pvp4 especially now is massive. and so is pvp3. If I wanted to actaully hunt for someone there..... I would not even know where to start. The reason naked noob miners get killed is because they don't know how to escape. The non-noob miners do.

What would I want?
FLat ground, resources that fetch 120%, less difficult-to-navigate mobspawns, no lyst or oil (or growth molecules) in the ground.

And a radar attachment I can buy that increases my radar range. (it is less now thant in 9.4)

Uhm, say what? Profit in pvp 4..? :scratch2:
Paying for toxic, ME, decay on your gun, amp and pay for the ammo usually is way more than the 3-4 PED from the loot pool that you get for a kill.. :rolleyes: So please show me how you are able to make such great profit in PVP, because I don't seem to find it..

Pk'ers usually pk for the fun of it, and it's almost like hunting IMO, unless you have the best gear and skills to use it, PVP is no more guaranteed to profit than regular hunting.

Sometimes you are lucky (or others are sometimes stupid (gambling), and you kill someone with some loot, just like getting a global\ hof in hunting (but usually far more time apart each good loot in PVP).
And not to mention the time it takes to find each green dot in PVP.. :rolleyes:

As far as for items\ minerals in PVP, they do have this high markup because there aren't too many people hunting\ mining for them.. And besides, why would hunters\ miners go to PVP if it wasn't for the chance of getting such loots?

But since you say there aren't any risk of going to PVP, why don't go there to hunt\ mine for the things you need..? :)

I love to pk in PVP 4 from time to time, but thinking about it, I don't really think MA would like a lot of players running around in there with a lot of loot. That would give good pkers a good possibility for an "easy" profit, I don't know if that's really MA's idea with it, but it would definately be fun with more people in there! :D

What ****** monopoly? I sometimes stalk around for hours without seeing a soul, oh I do see outposts have people, and I know most of them are in zone at some time.. But When and Where.. and then comes the issue of exploits.. People blow themselves up just to escape looting..
Add nasty terrain-at almost any random point you dont have more than 50m visibility because of crapload of hills.. You may see miner but chance of actual success killing on is close to zero.
Add teleportation bug-no way of attacking via teleport jump at some regions..

If you are pker you are very very happy to have couple of miners with actual loot during whole freaking day...
Come to zone Dan, try camping single spot for 5h with charged tp in huge huge zone..since its close to only way to successfully attack someone short of using other nooblevel players as bait.. and hope for any loot, since simply getting 1-3 ped of ammoloots wont keep you in play...:scratch2:

What a great and cool comunity.
Instead to read entire post you all run to wery frendly and rude hatefull insults lol.
Did i hurt someone ? Probability to loose extraprofit maybe?
Nah - as many point it - is ghost town, is silent , nobody there - so nobody get hurt.
20 miners there and maybe also 20 pkers to loose litle - for benefit of entire player base.
Yes idea cud be bad but cud be also good anyway better than nothing.
If you dont like than post your better idea.
Post your idea how to obtain thoose resources with markup in range from 0% to max 5% insead of ridiculous several tousands % in order that comunity can get crafted items affordable by larger player base.
Post your idea how to give Pkers more fun and also more challenge.
I cant belive that pking naked noob miner is best what we can have there.
Is not challenge at all.
Yes it can be proffitable but without any challenge and sure without any risk.
I sugested to have all those resources and mobs also out of pvp4 in order to obtain resources at a lot lower markup and in order to let pkers indisturbated to pk each other.
So pking each other shud have some incentive - ass you all are inclined to say gear drop is retard and idiotic idea. Ok it may be but give your better idea then.
Dont tell me that sollution of full geared uber wich only expense is ammo lost without any other risk apart time against naked noob miner is top sollution there.

I and I'm sure a lot of ppl in this thread respect u for what u have achieved in game, and for ur healing u did to noobs and possibly other accomplishments (I'm pretty new). But when idea is stupit - it's stupid and there is no way around it. the sole purpose of that pvp4 zone is high mark up stuff.

this is the reason why people risk going in there, to experience that rush, adrenaline every time radar tweeks, to run not in stupid streight line, but choosing obstacles so if gd appears i would be out of sight and have time to tp out and so on. its the excitement u feel when u see a small find and then see the name of enmatter and know that u didnt just loot 2 ped, but 10 or 15. it is the 6 seconds when tp chip is charging after finding a nice find, that fell like eternity.
i'll speak of own example - my highest lvl is 16 and it's prospecting. i mine in pvp4 on regular bases, sometimes with a bodyguard (thx waper) but mostly alone. I have been killed only twice in maybe 30-40 runs. this is to show that anyone really can do it. Monopoly - absolutely not. Would i go in there if there wasn't any high mu stuff? Definetly not!
pvp4 is one of the rare things that MA is doing right, and changing it would break my heart :)

Dan, with ur skills pvp4 should be a walk in the park, with a nice finder u can provide urself with any ores u need at NO mark up at all :)

p.s. becoming pk miner is my main dream in game :))

Posted via Mobile Device

Fire root is fraction what it used to be.. Happy now Dan?

sad part is that mining is so f****d inside zone that its virtually dead besides people who hunt muluk/mulaakf

Fire root is fraction what it used to be.. Happy now Dan?

sad part is that mining is so f****d inside zone that its virtually dead besides people who hunt muluk/mulaakf

On the plus side, there seem to be a huge rise in ammo globals :p

On the plus side, there seem to be a huge rise in ammo globals :p

been getting 2-5 kills a day, still cant seem to get a ammo global. I'm just happy when it covers my shots taken. As most miners i do find have around 5 ped only on them. When miners do loot I am lucky to break even after ME used.

pvp4 is no a monopoly by PKers LOL

Even someone like myself can go in with just tiger and an apis and not really worry about GD"s.

Of course I die sometimes, normally when its a PKer and not another mid level or miner, but that's what happens in any pvp, and if that's what your crying about, GG.

Your talking to Dan petrov... 5-600k skills? ofcourse he would be one of the bigger fishes... and i bet his imp and mod stuff didnt cost him 2-800k.

its ok to risk what you didnt pay much for.

But i like the idea... there would be alot of nakid fights and there wouldnt be any amps or expensive guns involved... except for rich ppl who would go in with Infiltrator LR66+pro900 and kill us all just because he can afford to buy his stuff back... if he bites the dust

this is the reason why people risk going in there, to experience that rush, adrenaline every time radar tweeks, to run not in stupid streight line, but choosing obstacles so if gd appears i would be out of sight and have time to tp out and so on. its the excitement u feel when u see a small find and then see the name of enmatter and know that u didnt just loot 2 ped, but 10 or 15. it is the 6 seconds when tp chip is charging after finding a nice find, that fell like eternity.
Posted via Mobile Device

In a nutshell spot on.

it is the 6 seconds when tp chip is charging after finding a nice find, that fell like eternity
. :D

Jung

been getting 2-5 kills a day, still cant seem to get a ammo global. I'm just happy when it covers my shots taken. As most miners i do find have around 5 ped only on them. When miners do loot I am lucky to break even after ME used.

2-5 a day isn't very much. it would be like a baby exarosaur hunter saying they hunted for a whole 1kped without a global.

I've seen the things proposed in OP post in other games.

They are not good for Entropia RCE Universe. Not good at all.
Why? Because the possibility of losing items from 100 to 10000$ in a blink of an eye just because of bad luck is devastating. Even the richest of players will have hard time if they accidentally lose a piece of their high level armor set or worse - MM/uberfap/unique piece/tier10 item/big lvl TP chip/ etc..

Yes, in some other games there's a system implemented for "insurance". Those systems cost virtual gold (or whatever the local currency is). In Entropia Universe that system will cost REAL CASH. Not fun. Definately not fun for every lower lvl player to spent hard earned ped before entering PvP zone just for the possibility to dig some rare ores/enmats. It's not fun even for the skilled players - because higher lvl gear will have higher insuranse cost for sure. All that for a couple of kills? No way. It'll never work. PvP will become a ghost zone - only occasional packs of heavy PKers will try to track some bold newbies with cheap gear who'll be the only ones who'll risk losing something without spending ped for insuranse.

If a uber player forgets to insure valuable item and loses it - he'll whine to the heavens and back for sure. And we'll probably never see him again. Not cool.

Summary: Those ideas for PvP will never work in a positive way.

2-5 a day isn't very much. it would be like a baby exarosaur hunter saying they hunted for a whole 1kped without a global.
yes it isnt very much.. since there arent many people to shoot at..For example havent seen some "residents" like Baras-LTC quite some days by now..

random past week "loot" take from my mySQL based log..notice the huge sizes:scratch2:
ME usage is generally bigger than return. probably better be quiet about decays

Although i dont agree with what was proposed in this thread i think there could be a few changes to make lootable pvp more interesting.

One change which would make things more fun would be to change the way toxic shots work. After a player kill the victor could absorb x ped/pec from the losers toxic shot, making his own scalp that much more valuable to claim....

This would certainly spice things up between the pk'ers and give them/us reason to battle each other. The way things are at the moment you know its a waste of ped fighting someone you know has no loot on them.

Instead of rubbishing the opening post lets see what other constructive ideas we can come up with :)

I'm sure you'd love such a change Dan.

I don't think you would get very many people who have the guts and/or oversized ped cards to play with you though. ;)

For most, the adrenaline rush of the current system is plenty enough.

I have a better idea for "spicing" the PvP.

PKers usually whine because of crap loot and smart GDs blowing themselves or using TP chips and other PKers going in the zone without anything lootable.

Miners whine because they have to run if they don't like to lose ores but if they manage to kill a pro PKer, they don't loot anything. No fun to fight, right?

So, both types of PvP zone visitors would like more loot from PK activity. They have a consensus here. :D

Theeen, how can we increase the loot for both parties without much trouble and risk of losing something really precious from the inventory? :scratch2:

AMMO! Lets make the ammo/ME lootable in the lootable PvP zones! If you manage to kill a PK - you could take not just the toxic shot ammo bonus, but also all his ammunition (or half of it, lets not be too greedy). If you kill a smartass miner - you take his explosive rounds and ME for the TP chip + his ores/enmats. :yay: IMHO that way it'll be fair for both sides and will give them a REASON to fight, not just run away like pussies :D

Although i dont agree with what was proposed in this thread i think there could be a few changes to make lootable pvp more interesting.

One change which would make things more fun would be to change the way toxic shots work. After a player kill the victor could absorb x ped/pec from the losers toxic shot, making his own scalp that much more valuable to claim....

This would certainly spice things up between the pk'ers and give them/us reason to battle each other. The way things are at the moment you know its a waste of ped fighting someone you know has no loot on them.

Instead of rubbishing the opening post lets see what other constructive ideas we can come up with :)
Cool idea:) Would spice things up a lot:)

Back