WoF '08 ADVANCE NEWS/Info

There will be no swapping or hiring between teams of different countries.

Does this mean that it's against the rules in this year's WoF to use 'unofficial' support players who are not registered for their team's official squad?

I understand that additional support players from other countries cannot team nor score points but could they still be hired for tagging duties etc?

???

I was a judge for many of the matches along with Hurrikane, Chopper, Major Putty, Jamira etc etc.

What are you implying here Frigid??

As far as I was aware all the judging was "above-board". The judges all stood around sacrificing hunting and IRL time to write down on bits of paper the WoF team globals that came up in chat. You think something was not "above-board" ??

No, no...you misunderstood me. I meant to imply nothing and certainly not about the judges! What I meant to say was I am glad that judges will be embedded with the teams to avoid any potential rule-fudging. I meant to say that I thought the *participants* were above board, not requiring any judge intervention, and that last time nothing bad went on. However, having judges embedded would remove most doubts between the teams.

That is all...sorry if it came out wrong!

Last edited:
Looking from outside is good, but if u look from inside of it I don't think so, 12 ppl in main team and Unlimited number in Support team will make servers crash every few minutes, that will not be fun, will be hell, hope MA will do something about this else will be a total disaster in my eyes.
Maybe u can make some tests, 2 teams , 24 ppl hunting in the same area... u'll see what I'm talking about.

Typically, only 4 from each team are hunting, and often those 4 are divided among several mobs for the variability bonus.

WE had very little lag problems last year. I think we only had one crash after we all Tp'd into the big bots east of Jason.

I'd love to be involved this year but a quick question...

I consider myself English and live in England but I am 1/4 Scottish. Can I apply to both to try and get in a team or do I just pick one from the outset? :laugh:

You must choose one...and choose wisely!

Does this mean that it's against the rules in this year's WoF to use 'unofficial' support players who are not registered for their team's official squad?

I understand that additional support players from other countries cannot team nor score points but could they still be hired for tagging duties etc?

I think what Hurr meant is that once your are on a team that is eliminated from competition, you are OUT and cannot join another team. No late-competition recruits!

Last edited:
A few replies;

I meant to say; no swapping countries between the Main Teams.
As anyone can join support teams, even at the last minute or during a hunt, only the Main Team have proper registration; all others act loyally or like mercenaries, up to them. As I've said, the Main Team will always get the bulk of the points, but the Support Teams can make a difference in a close match.

Lag? Well, last time we crashed servers about 3 times in 87 hunts. This time the mobs will be spread out more, scoring will suggest more variation, support teams will have their own mobs to hunt and of course MindArk get better every day... :)))... I think it'll be a test of the servers but no major problem.

Team sizes; as last year, the full team of 12 will not see battle at once, although the hunt team will grow from 4 in the qualifiers to a maximum of 6 in the Final. So the judge will always be able to become the extra member (who unless loot is set to random in some bizarre act of generosity, will get no loot).

Hope this all helps,

Hurrikane

No, no...you misunderstood me. I meant to imply nothing and certainly not about the judges! What I meant to say was I am glad that judges will be embedded with the teams to avoid any potential rule-fudging. I meant to say that I thought the *participants* were above board, not requiring any judge intervention, and that last time nothing bad went on. However, having judges embedded would remove most doubts between the teams.

That is all...sorry if it came out wrong!

Coolio :)

Pull up and join me for a beer :beerchugaglug:

Pssshhcchhh. Aaaaahhhhhhh :)

WOF again. Sounds good.

I hope i can join.

Lag? Well, last time we crashed servers about 3 times in 87 hunts.

You forgot the final :D With 2 or 3 restarts of servers of TI and lag of 10-20 seconds at revival,

Ok.....................

Ok, the WoF '08 forum is up and running, but the registration still don't start til November 1st..... many of you have started Team Threads; I urge anyone else doing the same to follow the lead set by the others, and have your Countries Name in the Thread title:)...makes it a lot easier to navigate 'em all when it's all kicking off.

Any names signed on the Team Threads will be noted if they're still there on Nov 1st; and as many of you are jumping the gun, here's how to PROPERLY sign up for the WoF.

>Full Avatar Name<

>Nation of Choice<

>Captain of Choice< (not yourself)

>I was in last year's Team/This is my first WoF<

>any other crap:)<

If you have already signed, feel free to post again in this format; I wanna keep the facts easy to read.

Hurrikane

Nice to hear that
I have a few questions

Will main team members still be able to join the support team if for a certain country more than 4 'main' members can play at the appointed time of the match? And if yes after the match will they still be considered main team members or will they be permanently support members

Will the support team also have bonus points such as ATH boost(you never know), HoF boost and Veriety boost? or will it be unfair for the smaller countries?

Also are friendly matches allowed?

PS good luck with the organization

No chanse for miners to take part?
World Of FinderPower subsection? :yay:

No chanse for miners to take part?
World Of FinderPower subsection? :yay:

You can mine in the enemies teritory to lag them when they hunt ;)

Nice to hear that
I have a few questions

Will main team members still be able to join the support team if for a certain country more than 4 'main' members can play at the appointed time of the match? And if yes after the match will they still be considered main team members or will they be permanently support members

Will the support team also have bonus points such as ATH boost(you never know), HoF boost and Veriety boost? or will it be unfair for the smaller countries?

Also are friendly matches allowed?

PS good luck with the organization

The Main Team is the Captain and the 11 avatars he/she chooses from all those who have signed for their country. The 12 names remain the same unless someone leaves and is replaced; more details of this in the full Rules to come in a day or two.

The Support Team is anyone hunting under the Support Team name: so yes, those in the Main Team not in the shortlist for that night can turn up and hunt for the Support. The Support Team's individual names are not recorded before each hunt like the Main Team (but their "Leader" might want to check in at the start).

Support Team will have HoF and ATH bonus opportunities; for full info wait for Launch on Nov 1st:)

The qualifiers will be friendly, and I'm guessing every match after will be progressively less friendly:)

Hurrikane

please please please please please.... can we have a crystal palace hunt destination in 2k8? :)

please please please please please.... can we have a crystal palace hunt destination in 2k8? :)

Yes.

(message just short enough)

Hurrikane

Just a question, I know this is the World of Firepower, and that teams should represent a country, but would there be room for a Swordsmen team?

EDIT : The question is first destinated to hurricane, but also to anyone, in order to know if some people would be interested in the idea

Kylie

Just a question, I know this is the World of Firepower, and that teams should represent a country, but would there be room for a Swordsmen team?

EDIT : The question is first destinated to hurricane, but also to anyone, in order to know if some people would be interested in the idea

Kylie

There is nothing stopping anyone using melee weapons in the WoF, the term FirePower in this sense can be taken to merely imply mightyness in the hunting area, by whatever method you're best at:)
Anyway, some of these mobs might be best put to the sword.....

Hurrikane

There is nothing stopping anyone using melee weapons in the WoF, the term FirePower in this sense can be taken to merely imply mightyness in the hunting area, by whatever method you're best at:)
Anyway, some of these mobs might be best put to the sword.....

Hurrikane

Nice :) Now would someone join such a team?

kylie

Nice :) Now would someone join such a team?

kylie

If what you imagine is either a non-national team or a seperate national team to an existing one, I have to tell you I couldn't allow it. All I meant was there was no rule concerning which weapons to hunt with. Teams must still represent nations, one Main team per country.

I think what you could do is wait for a tournament that meant to pit blades against guns, as this one is not. Hope this helps.

Hurrikane

Hmm guys i m new to this. Can anyone participate on this?

Back