***WoF 2010 Grand 3-Way Final: Moblist and Info!!!!***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hello to all of you and welcome to the WoF 2010 Grand 3-Way Final!!!!

This year we have two new contenders against a previous Winner, and all three have proved capable of some huge scores.

The Line Up is:

USA vs DACH vs RUSSIA

The Start/Finish Point:

Chug's Hideout.

The Date: June 26th, Saturday.

Time Slots: Any time all 3 teams can agree to start between 14:00 and 23:00 is fine by me, as long as the time is decided NO LATER THAN THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE THE HUNT.

Final MobList:

Main Team:

Main Team now allowed 6 Hunters!

Araneatrox: Alpha and above: 10 Points

Osseoculum: Any Maturity: 9 Points

Atrox: Alpha and above: 8 Points

Hispidus: Any Maturity: 7 Points

Araneatrox: Dominant and below: 6 Points

Atrox: Dominant and below: 5 Points

Support:

Support Score now UNCAPPED

Malcruentor: Any Maturity: 4 Points

Itumatrox: Any Maturity: 3 Points

Atrax: Any Maturity: 2 Points

Longu: Any Maturity: 1 Point

Bonus:

Snablesnot: Any Maturity or Gender: 25 Points

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

Support Variety now 10-25-50 for 2,3 and 4 species as with the Main Team.

Sweep now 100 Points to reflect the extra Mob.

See You There.......

Hurrikane

Last edited:
first, nice moblist

first, nice moblist

Parlog, please explain your comment!
Is it based on moblist for main team or support team?

Definitely the mobs list for the main is nice! .... and if your comment is based on that only i'd have agreed with you 100%.

But what abt the mobs for the support teams. Do you really think that the mobs listed are nice?

Based on Entropia tracker since May 13, 2008

you have no global on Malcruentor.
You have no global on Atrax
You have only 1 global on Itumatrox
A few on Longu (probably related to events or WOF)
and obviously i don't expect you to hunt Snablesnot ( I personally think this is a good addition to recruit early players in WOF)

So i don't think you are really a fan of the support mobs list.

So please clarify your statement.. if you still think (or implied) the mobs for the support team is also nice.

Personally i've never hunted the malcruentor....and probably i'll try them for the first time ....How is their loot drop.... anybody?

BTW Hurricane might have 2 good reasons to choose unpopular mobs for support team.

1. To overcome the sheer number of USA players (by avoiding popular mobs like argos or feffs)
2. To make us spend peds on ammo and decay on less globalling mobs (....don't know the financial status of MA..... ). Do they really need help from hurricane.

BTW hurricane, don't get offended by my comment... coz i really like you.:D ... and once again thanks for giving us WOF... keeping me active in EU.

Last edited:
Oh wow, this is going to be a fun round! Can't wait for that weekend, and I have a feeling the trackers are going to light up like a Christmas tree!

Good luck to all hunters.
I wont hunt Snables for a while so I don't steal you global.
But then again, globalling on snables again would be nice. :D

It is a very nice Moblist to be sure. Good luck all teams out there. :thumbup:

The Supportmobs are difficult, for sure.

Malcruentor: Not enough of them ATM for 3 hours/3 teams hunting

Itumatrox: Same as above, IMHO the LAs were Landgrab LAs which are nearly empty now.

Longu and Atrax: They will global with this bunch of people hunting them

Snable: As you said Infinity01- ideal mob for fresh players and Opalo supporters

But: Its the same situation for all 3 Teams. So I actualy didn't care about the "problem-mobs"

GL for all of us.

Good luck to all finalists :cool:

Parlog, please explain your comment!
Is it based on moblist for main team or support team?

Definitely the mobs list for the main is nice! .... and if your comment is based on that only i'd have agreed with you 100%.

But what abt the mobs for the support teams. Do you really think that the mobs listed are nice?

Based on Entropia tracker since May 13, 2008

you have no global on Malcruentor.
You have no global on Atrax
You have only 1 global on Itumatrox
A few on Longu (probably related to events or WOF)
and obviously i don't expect you to hunt Snablesnot ( I personally think this is a good addition to recruit early players in WOF)

So i don't think you are really a fan of the support mobs list.

So please clarify your statement.. if you still think (or implied) the mobs for the support team is also nice.

Personally i've never hunted the malcruentor....and probably i'll try them for the first time ....How is their loot drop.... anybody?

BTW Hurricane might have 2 good reasons to choose unpopular mobs for support team.

1. To overcome the sheer number of USA players (by avoiding popular mobs like argos or feffs)
2. To make us spend peds on ammo and decay on less globalling mobs (....don't know the financial status of MA..... ). Do they really need help from hurricane.

BTW hurricane, don't get offended by my comment... coz i really like you.:D ... and once again thanks for giving us WOF... keeping me active in EU.

Its a tough moblist but i like the balance. Its tough for everybody, still everybody, even the average Opalo-Hunter, has a chance to turn the match. If you like you can have a more detailed comment after the match :)

Malcruentor is a cruel addition xD

I remember very well the match Germany had against the Netherlands in 2008 at Stage 3.
As Malcruentor was the highest scoring mob the Netherlands made the mistake of an all out effort to drop them in high numbers.
Germany concentrated on Scipulors as they are known to global frequently.

In the end Germany won that match.
Hopefully Malc won't be as cruel as then :rolleyes:

Thanks, Hanne.

Any chance for increased spawns of malcruentor and itumatrox? Maybe you can get access to the fertilizer terminal at the ituma landgrab LA?
I hope this doesn't get changed few hours before the match though. All 3 teams have some serious planning to do and that would be just unfortunate and frustrating.

We have the list. It's not a 'go and kill them all with all your might' and we are ok with that :) As far as this list remains what it is, it's good and fair for all teams involved.

Thank you for putting this one together, Hurricane. It looks entertaining enough :D

No, we're not upping any spawns unless its requested by Hurrikane, and no such request have been made. :)

Moob List is OK for us (DACH)

Hurrikane please give us a lot of Malcruentor

:handgun::handgun::handgun:

cu all in the Final :yay:

............... and I have a feeling the trackers are going to light up like a Christmas tree!

Haha, i hope so too.
Tried them 3 times in the past, but everytime the outcome was :mad:

LO ROFL This guy has no clue. USA Support hasn't been that big in the past few matches it seems like we have had a lower turn out than ever for WoF. It has especially been droping off as the season has been going on. Week 1 we had an army out their and I just don't see that anymore. I wouldn't call it sheer numbers just more qualified hunters on more organized teams than in previous WoFs for USA. We might have a larger support than most other teams had but I would say it was sheer numbers.

Its the same situation for all 3 Teams.

I agree. We all face the same list. I know when I was half as skilled as I am now and on a team of similar skilled players, we could kill malcs, even big ones, but didn't have too much global luck back then. At least there aren't any molisks on the list. Any of these support mobs can start globaling and fast, but we're all in the same boat if they slow down in globals (4.1 furor? grr).

LO ROFL This guy has no clue. USA Support hasn't been that big in the past few matches it seems like we have had a lower turn out than ever for WoF. ...

I'm thinking he means most WOF times are popular US playing times and therefore WOF competes with regular hunters on the popular spawns.

Good luck to all the teams.

Go USA!

....... therefore WOF competes with regular hunters on the popular spawns.

Go USA!

That's what i meant.....Excluding popular mobs translate into less ppl hunting in WOF...after all most of the time it hurts ones real $$, .....and as such not surprised to see this:

....USA Support hasn't been that big in the past few matches it seems like we have had a lower turn out than ever for WoF. It has especially been droping off as the season has been going on. Week 1 we had an army out their and I just don't see that anymore.

And Wildman, i think it's coz of mission fatige (low pedcard). People are interested in easy skill-gain ....which the missions are providing. Think about what would haapen after adding popular mission mobs for WOF support team! Wondering if hurricane had that in mind

So no surprise there!

Last edited:
Think about what would haapen after adding a mission mobs for WOF support team! Wondering if hurricane had that in mind

Thought I saw somewhere all the WOF mob lists are picked months before the first match, before missions came in full force. Any changes are because mobs are not available or special circumstances.

That's what i meant.....Excluding popular mobs translate into less ppl hunting in WOF...after all most of the time it hurts ones real $$, .....and as such not surprised to see this:

And Wildman, i think it's coz of mission fatige (low pedcard). People are interested in easy skill-gain which the missions are providing.

So no surprise there!

K, no decision I make is designed to make less people hunt in the WoF, I assure you:)

Firstly, there's 6 Stages in the WoF, meaning at least 48 Mobs are involved. Take chirpies and turps and unique argo warlords out the list and you're not left with a massive choice in some instances. Many factors are used to create the Moblists, and 'popularity' isn't high on the list. In fact, some mobs are included to make them popular; several WoFFers have told me of mobs they hunt now that they never thought about until they globalled on them in the WoF.
Just because no-one hunts something doesn't mean it can't loot, and the mobs everyone camps aren't always the ones they want to see again in an event. Also, the event is about the variety of prey one has to deal with on Calypso; if I put Proteron on a list no-one would hunt anything else (for example) and they hunt them all the time now; hardly offering variety.
Availability is a factor, but as long as there is at least one half-decent spawn then there's enough to offer points, and knowing the spawns (as all accomplished hunters should) and deciding what will offer the best point per bullet is part of what wins the event. I see it as a better concept than to make the final support mobs Argo, Feffs, Proteron and Atrox and have the whole match being several hundred people shooting from one spot into various walls of mobs; we tried that approach. A bit of legwork, risk-taking and tactical necessity is a far more appealing scenario for me, and less costly for the hunters.

I try to steer away from re-gen mobs where possible (some moblists just cry out for them though:)).

Malcruentor are there because:
They can be taken by one guy with a Bravo if he runs fast enough, making them one of the few Uber mobs that are kill-able (if not camp-able) by Low-Mid-range players. They are not super-available but for 4 points they are a sufficient challenge.
Itumatrox are there because:
Mid-range to low-level teams can fly through these, their HP is not huge and they can loot very nice things. Their availability compared to Malcs makes 3 points right for them.
Atrax and Longu are very available and killable by any team calling themselves hunters, so to quell chances of domination by numbers (yes, this is taken into consideration) they are the lowest scoring. They can both offer decent loots on occasion too.

I'm hoping, for the first time, to have a more-or-less even distribution of mobs involved in the support globals; unless of course every Malc lights up the screen like Globsters did one year:)

And yes, Snablesnots are there for one reason: It means a noob with an opalo can win the WoF.

Glad to read all the comments, looking forward to this Final a lot:)

Hurrikane

Thanks for confirming this.

Just to expand: What I meant was, a moblist full of 'very available' mobs gives clear advantages to a bigger support team, where the mix I'm trying for is an equal blend of planning, firepower and recruiting, where excellence in any area can make the scores high enough.

Just said that in case anyone thinks I don't like big support teams; I love 'em:) Just gotta even the field.

Hurrikane

Just to expand: What I meant was, a moblist full of 'very available' mobs gives clear advantages to a bigger support team, where the mix I'm trying for is an equal blend of planning, firepower and recruiting, where excellence in any area can make the scores high enough.

Just said that in case anyone thinks I don't like big support teams; I love 'em:) Just gotta even the field.

Hurrikane

Well, it's just a little frustrating to organize a bigger support team, only to have it largely negated by low mob availability. Although, this isn't anywhere near as bad as last year when there was practically nothing for support to do.

And really by this stage, teams have had time to organize impressive support teams, I think you've said this yourself.

Well, it's just a little frustrating to organize a bigger support team, only to have it largely negated by low mob availability. Although, this isn't anywhere near as bad as last year when there was practically nothing for support to do.

And really by this stage, teams have had time to organize impressive support teams, I think you've said this yourself.

Any negation through lack of availability is somewhat made back in the fact there's an extra mob and extra bonuses too now?:)

Like I said, a big support team certainly will help a team to win. But it shouldn't be the only thing to consider.

Hurrikane

Last edited:

Hurrikane

I agree with your points here....and I've never thought you'd try to make WOF less popular.

Infact, you want to make WOF popular in every possible way.....and in that spirit I'd suggest to replace Longu with argo or Feff (preferably feff). As an 1 pointer it should not have much influnce by sheer numbers and yet will encourage a lot of hunters to participate.

I think it's a win win situation for everybody!:

1. To an average hunter it brings the possibility of good loot + mission accomplishment + excitement of particiaption in WOF for their country.

2. MA makes more money than otherwise possible from WOF (ppl are not gonna hunt atrax and longu in anyway)

3. Finally you - making WOF more popular than ever. I can't think of anything else you want more out of WOF:D..

So....

Well, may be we can have a vote on it, and see how the community think about adding Argos or Feff as a mob for the support teams. And someone may setup the poll.

Optionally, the poll may reflect the supporter of each team in the final. This would also give us some sense of supporter base for each team in the final (not sure if this should be done though)

IF you disagree please give your reasons

Last edited:
I agree with your points here....and I've never thought you'd try to make WOF less popular.

Infact, you want to make WOF popular in every possible way.....and in that spirit I'd suggest to replace Longu with argo or Feff (preferably feff). As an 1 pointer it should not have much influnce by sheer numbers and yet will encourage a lot of hunters to participate.

I think it's a win win situation for everybody!:

1. To an average hunter it brings the possibility of good loot + mission accomplishment + excitement of particiaption in WOF for their country.

2. MA makes more money than otherwise possible from WOF (ppl are not gonna hunt atrax and longu in anyway)

3. Finally you - making WOF more popular than ever. I can't think of anything else you want more out of WOF:D..

So....

Well, may be we can have a vote on it, and see how the community think about adding Argos or Feff as a mob for the support teams. And someone may setup the poll.

Optionally, the poll may reflect the supporter of each team in the final. This would also give us some sense of supporter base for each team in the final (not sure if this should be done though)

i dont get it, why changing Longu for Argo or Feff? I find it would destroy the moblist as the challenge it is. Please leave it as it is.

... I'd suggest to replace Longu with argo or Feff ...

Argo were a support mob in Round 1.

Why on earth would you expect them to be in the final as well ??

Back