Info: WoF 2010 Hunting Slot Selection Thread

Hey mate,

It's a bit off topic but thought I'd let you know I just swallowed my tongue trying to say your name ;)

Slappy

Hey guys.

p.s funny that half of Europe forgot to mention that this weekend is not a good weekend to play games when we were asked about it... ;D

Yes the brother, show them the truth!
:yay::yay::yay:

:lam:

...funny that half of Europe forgot to mention that this weekend is not a good weekend to play games when we were asked about it... ;D

I have to agree, but it's not funny in a laughing way :(

Problem noted... stay tuned. We will make a decision as soon as possible. All teams affected should keep in mind the decision will be based on what is best for the tournament, not 1 specific team.

Last year it was Easter that was the problem so we added the flex schedule to Stage 3 (which we did again this year). I honestly don't remember this being mentioned last year.

Just a heads-up... pretty sure we have agreed times from USA v PORT (1 MAY @ 2200) and RUS v ENG (1 MAY @ 1800). I am just waiting on confirmation from both sides. That leaves one match undecided.

Here is what I need from Finland and DACH: forward me the PMs you have recieved from each other suggesting times. Each team should have suggested 3 times. Once I see one that is the same, that's the match unless you guys can agree to a time before the Wednesday deadline.

Finnland and Dach agreed on saturday first of may 1800 MA time!:)

Be assured, next year I'll put the hunt calendar to a poll, or at least more advance scrutiny (November release early enough perhaps?;)).

How to win the WoF:

Firepower
Weight of Numbers
A touch of luck...
Planning!

Hurrikane

Best is not to whine but accept the burden. Nice to see some teams agreed already.

Best is not to whine but accept the burden. Nice to see some teams agreed already.

As far as I can see, all matches are now confirmed, giving us:

14:00: No matches

18:00: 2 matches

22:00: 2 matches

07:00: 1 match

11:00: 1 match

I shall be there, can't wait (use that phrase a lot lately)... some epic clashes about to occur:)

Hurrikane

As far as I can see, all matches are now confirmed, giving us:

14:00: No matches

18:00: 2 matches

22:00: 2 matches

07:00: 1 match

11:00: 1 match

I shall be there, can't wait (use that phrase a lot lately)... some epic clashes about to occur:)

Hurrikane

uhm negative, USA and DACH havent agreed on a timeslot yet:scratch2:

uhm negative, USA and DACH havent agreed on a timeslot yet:scratch2:

I think those are the matches from last weekend. Not of the weekend of 15/16 may.

Cheers
Siam

Right... let's get it on for Stage 4.2 :yay:

One group of teams has already decided on 15 MAY @ 1800 - many thanks!

Who will be next?

OP is updated to show dates for Stage 4.2

Team USA and Team DACH agreed on may 15th, 1800 Ma time

Three of the six matches are set... who will be next? See the OP

It's Tuesday... Since these matches can directly decide who advances and who does not I am very reluctant to assign times... but I will :) See the OP for matches already scheduled. Should it come to an assigned time, I will try to accommodate teams with times they used in that past on the assumption that those time are better than times never used. If I cannot come to such a time for both teams I will throw a dart (pick a slot not already in use).

RJ, you do not mention the team names in the slots already selected and confirmed
Do you do this for some reason?
It would be pretty interesting to know who else will be on the spot :ahh:

RJ, you do not mention the team names in the slots already selected and confirmed
Do you do this for some reason?
It would be pretty interesting to know who else will be on the spot :ahh:

I would not want to disrupt the strategy, if any, of a team. However, once all slots are settled, I do list the teams mainly so our wonderful volunteer judges know which slots are going to be the busiest and therefore, avoided ;)

About 1 hour to go... I really don't want to assign a spot in such a crucial point in the tournament...

See opening post, all slots assigned. Teams will be listed in the Judges Thread so we can get our sh... stuff together.

See ya Saturday ;)

A match was moved ;) See OP

All is well... we now return to our scheduled program.

Last edited:
Two things happened Sat & Sun that will not happen again:

Procedure was not followed to select a hunting slot

Too many teams in one slot (Sat @ 1800)

Due to a shortage of Judges (as usual), no more than 2 matches will be allowed in a timeslot. Slots are confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis. Simple...

Teams are encouraged and expected to settle and agree on hunting slots. If two teams cannot agree on a time, each team will submit to me 3 choices. Since there are 5 total, I can promise you one will be the same. That is the slot that will be used. There are 10 days until the Wednesday deadline... plenty of time to get this done. If Wednesday comes and there is no decision on a slot, one will be assigned for that match. Once that is assigned, it will not change. Team Captains are responsible to make this happen.

Two matches are taken... see the OP. Four matches left to schedule... one week to go :D

All matches are scheduled, see OP.

As the SemiFinals approach... 1 match (maybe 2) is scheduled.

12 JUN 2010
1000 MA Time - 1 Match (I think lol)
1400 MA Time - 0 Matches
1800 MA Time - 1 Match
2200 MA Time - 0 Matches

13 JUN 2010
1800 MA Time - 0 Matches

I don't think any team want the time of the SemiFinal match to be decided on my whims.

Last edited:
Roughly 36 hours to the deadline... 1 match settled.

If YOUR match is not settled, please send 3 times you are OK with. I will match these with your opponent and there will be a common time. This is the 9th hunt of WoF 2010... should be easy at this point ;)

We are all set... (I hope...)

12 JUN 2010
1000 MA Time - AUS v DACH
1800 MA Time - SWE v RUS

13 JUN 2010
1800 MA Time - ENG v USA

OK... USA v RUS v DACH... from the Boss:

Time Slots: Any time all 3 teams can agree to start between 14:00 and 23:00 is fine by me, as long as the time is decided NO LATER THAN THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE THE HUNT.

PLEASE!!! Start talking about this now :thumbup: The reason I ask is because two of our regular cadre of Judges will be involved in the hunt - Jamira for DACH and Mack for USA. That leaves me and Hurrikane.

Back