Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
WoF 2010 pre-launch info:

Registration Starts: November 10th 2009

Captains Elected: Jan 10th 2010

First Match: Early February

Last Match: Early June

I would like to ask for the help of any multilingual players who can translate the new Rules and Info into readable text for the new Website and adverts (more of this later).

I'd like also to ask for anyone who knows players of any nationality not represented to ask them to step up for their flag.

Germany, Spain, Russia, as well as many other EU-playing countries, should all have a chance to shine. We want the whole EU-playing world involved.

Changes this year are intended to be final and a response to previous suggestions. They include bigger bonuses for both variety and winning a match, and more mobs for support to shoot at.
Moblists are also more progressive in difficulty through the Stages.

Proper Launch in a week or so.

Looking forward to number four:)

Hurrikane

Weeee !!! Looking forward !! Team Czech will be presented and again stronger !

Oh, and R/C... the bot stage comes sooner;)

Hurrikane

Time for a Kiwi team?

Team usa ,....fuck yeah ! :d

For countries that don't have representation I often feel it's just because they are always waiting for someone else to start the thread, or look through for there country and see it's not there and think "Oh well, maybe we'll have a team next year."

For an experiment, it would be interesting if someone, even yourself Hurri, just started a thread Spain/Bulgaria or anywhere that hasn't had a team before that we know has many players of that nationality in Entropia, even if just to see if that's what it is that's preventing some countries from taking part.

For countries that don't have representation I often feel it's just because they are always waiting for someone else to start the thread, or look through for there country and see it's not there and think "Oh well, maybe we'll have a team next year."

For an experiment, it would be interesting if someone, even yourself Hurri, just started a thread Spain/Bulgaria or anywhere that hasn't had a team before that we know has many players of that nationality in Entropia, even if just to see if that's what it is that's preventing some countries from taking part.

What are you, clairvoyant?:)

Another change (Forum and Registration side): All Team sign-up threads will be pre-made, using all nations who have ever taken part as well as notable absentees. Those not used will remain blank for any latecomers surfing the Event forum or website. I want 40 nations or more this time around.

Hurrikane

Yes, we need a Spanish team :yay::yay:

Last edited:
Already best thread ever :)

Hey Hurri, are you going to start all the threads or can we start our own if we want?

wiii... :)

Wof prep is up :D
c'ya on the battlefield :)

/Spikey

You volunteering for top position in the kiwi squad? Sign me up boss :p

I'm certainly not the most skilled kiwi, far far from it, but I'm happy to (help) organise the team. Kiwis to me!

I can gather troops as well

Time for a Kiwi team?

I was also wondering if there could be a Kiwi team, and in my society, we have several players from NZ, who are also reasonably experienced, so we should be able to assemble a team for sure.

I was also wondering if there could be a Kiwi team, and in my society, we have several players from NZ, who are also reasonably experienced, so we should be able to assemble a team for sure.

Awesome. Watch out Aussies. :p

If you still look for translators, I can translate into german and more or less understandable (ofc not 100% perfect from foreign into foreign language :p) into french, spanish and italian.

And yes, Austria definitaly will be back next year ;)

Aussie Aussie Aussie

OI OI OI
:D

Last edited:
And yes, Austria definitaly will be back next year ;)

Nice! :thumbup: Maybe you could kick a few of your neighbors (from Germany) wake them up for 2010...? They were missed in WoF 2009 :(

By Safara :wtg:

My WoF version of If...

If you can keep your health bar up when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can't outrun an Atrox Prowler
But can outrun the guy next to you,
If you can wait at revive a moment and figure out the cords of where you died,
Or remember that it is the yellow ammo that is used is BLP guns,
Or being hunted by Argonaughts, without giving way to Berycleds,
And yet don't look too good, as a Chistmas hat looks silly with an ML35:
If you can dream of Hof's, and not make Hof's your master,
If you can think, and not mess up your aim;
If you can say "Woot" with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two Scipulors just the same;
If you can bear to read the other team just globaled,
Twisted by then crashing to desktop,
Or watch in awe as 43 people TP at once,
And head off into battle with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your oil residues
And risk it all on one hunt with your team mates,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and Pedcard
To serve your country long after thousandth yellow message,
And so hold on when there all your team mates lay dead on the ground
Except the Will which says to them: "We gonna get that sucker"

If you can talk with crowds without using the CAPS key too much,
Or walk with guys in Shadow, while the orange clad guy gets the bonus mob,
If neither foes nor blooming Falx can hurt you;
If all men count with you, and manage to agree with the judges,
If you can fill the unforgiving lootpool
With dogged determination, to be rewarded with the golden swirls,
Yours is Calypso and everything that's in it,

And--which is more--you're in the WoF, my son!

--Rudyard d3stroy3r Kipling

For shits and giggles... a list of all teams that have participated in the World of Firepower!!

Amethera
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
China
Cuba
Czech Rep
Denmark
England
Estonia
Eudoria
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Scotland
Serbia
South Africa
Slovenia
Sweden
Switzerland
Tibet
Turkey
USA
Wales

If I missed any countries, I apologize. It was not intentional... but that is what my records show (records not so great in 2007)

As Hurrikane said... we want MORE MORE MORE (keep an eye out for a Judges Thread, too... we shall need judges)

I've said this before, but I think if teams are going to be pre-dermined this year then this is going to have to be said again...

I'm all for the Eudoria and Amethera teams as I think these are great for the people who want to take part in WoF but don't want to represent the country they come from for whatever reason they may have. (On a personal note, that one still totally evades me.)

However, the Cuba and Tibet teams both clearly did not involve people from the name-sake of the team, and in particular last year this caused an upset with the latter of the two when people who were actaully from the Tibet region of China wanted to join and then discovered that the Tibet team was, in effect, nothing to do with them. I assume they went with team China after that, but I didn't hear...

Anyway, given the political implications that we are not allowed to discuss, and I for one certainly don't want to bring up beyond this single point, is it safe to assume that "made-up" teams outside of the two Calypso teams will not be included in the pre-determined team lists this year?

For shits and giggles... a list of all teams that have participated in the World of Firepower!!

Amethera
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
China
Cuba
Czech Rep
Denmark
England
Estonia
Eudoria
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Scotland
Serbia
South Africa
Slovenia
Sweden
Switzerland
Tibet
Turkey
USA
Wales

If I missed any countries, I apologize. It was not intentional... but that is what my records show (records not so great in 2007)

As Hurrikane said... we want MORE MORE MORE (keep an eye out for a Judges Thread, too... we shall need judges)

I recall a list of countries that play EU, but search hasn't found it for me yet; prime candidates for teams I think would be Spain, Iceland, Argentina.... as well as the european countries not yet represented such as Bulgaria, Hungary, Russia, Latvia and the rest.

Hope to see them all and more, WoF 2010 is for the masses:)

Hurrikane

I recall a list of countries that play EU, but search hasn't found it for me yet; prime candidates for teams I think would be Spain, Iceland, Argentina.... as well as the european countries not yet represented such as Bulgaria, Hungary, Russia, Latvia and the rest.

Hope to see them all and more, WoF 2010 is for the masses:)

Hurrikane

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...sion/151110-what-country-you-2-polls-1-a.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...sion/151113-what-country-you-2-polls-2-a.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...sion/151114-what-country-you-3-polls-3-a.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...51117-what-country-you-4-polls-turns-out.html

Enjoy!

(you made the threads... so just look for threads started by you lol)

Going to have a go at it anyway. :D

Back