WoF 2010: Team Amethera

Rayne Jade

Marauder
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Rayne Jade Blackmoore
Welcome to the WoF

This is the recruitment thread for Team Amethera. Please register for Team Amethera by including:

--Your full avatar name.
--Your vote for Captain and any preferred position for yourself.
--Anything the team should know about you, including availability.

amethera_383040.jpg

Last edited:
sigpic20824_2.gif

So... any other people out there that would prefer hunting with an international crowd without necessarily affiliating with a country? Since we left earth to life our live on Calypso... what's the point in aspiring to old nations ?

From what I remember from last years WOF, team Amethera was not necessarily lacking the players but a little bit of coordination and dedication... but if there was a few more homless souls out there, maybe a team Amethera could play a more prominent role in the WOF 2010 ?

Of course a proper team would require a few high skilled players to battle the big mobs, but the key to success is numbers and good team coordination.

A few well run support teams can make all the difference...

I'm not totally committing yet but if we get a bunch of good players together, I am up for it, potentially helping to organise/coordinate if I think it's worth it.

We'd need a forum, TS server and RL contacts (mail/mobile nrs) of players to do a disciplined planning.. all of which can be organised easily..

So who would be up for it ?

--Your full avatar name

Larios SEMAI Niva

--Your vote for Captain and any preferred position for yourself

Let's see who wants to take part first... if it's worth it, I can take some position, I'll help organise it if people will help me and want me to...

--Anything the team should know about you, including availability

German National living abroad, call me European, RL job with changing work intensity, project related, so I can be playing EU a lot or very little... depends. Planning is key... I doubt I would be able to make all WOF rounds but I would do my best to do as much as possible.. ;)
I'm an experienced low medium level player with decent gear, running my own soc with a fantastic bunch of people who would surely join in as support :D

So, who else ? :wtg:

ametheraneedsu.jpg

Last edited:
Every true miner should fight for Amethera :)

Elias hudson Kosh

My vote for captain goes to Semai.

Last year I managed to show up for every match. If its in the evening I can usually make it, so my availability is pretty decent.

I am not highly skilled (apis+dante is the maximum damage I can add) so I am good for support roles rather than main team.

Where are the true Calypsonians ??? The hunters and miners, true to only one new independent Nation, Amethera ??? Let the n00bs fight for their nations who abandonned them during the battle against the robots, let the ignorant fight for Eudoria...

REAL hunters hunt on Amethera :D

sorry for not being fast enough this year, signing up the Team Amethera! Unfortunately I had some RL issues which made it kind of difficult for me also to think about this!

We've been a part of this for what - 2-3 years now? Why stop :)

I'm in ... :yay:

Thanks for starting this up! :wtg:

NO ONE CAN STOP US! We got stronger last time ... imagine what we can do now :cool:

Ann Lykke TheNun

Captain: Larios SEMAI Niva

Little bump...

Are there no more Amethera loyal folks out there ? I aint doing this with a 3 man team :D ( No offence Kosh and Lykke :silly2:)

Come on !!! :wtg:

With what happened last year I am leaning more to-wards joining this team than main team USA this year. I will decide closer to WoF and see if any changes have been made. GL to your team either way :)

I might come and help ... but atm a bit upset on how the game is going so cant officially register yet.

Cheers
Grecu

I am in Support of Team DACH, but I guess I could help out here again too.

--Your full avatar name

LeeLoo LeeLoo Faith

Semai. My position: lets see who else is joining

I am just Expert in one Proffession and its not hunting...
German National living back in Germany now :D

:yay::yay::yay:

Ahh the old goodies :ahh:

If my team doesn't get their sh...tuff together pretty soon, I will definitely join Team Amethera.

You are all very welcome!

And if not for the main team, then definitely for the support team!

The other years we had some AWESOME support teams, and let's face it, without we're nothing :cool:

You are all very welcome!
Thank you!

And if not for the main team, then definitely for the support team!

The other years we had some AWESOME support teams, and let's face it, without we're nothing :cool:
I wouldn't say a Main Team is nothing, but I do believe that every single little bit helps, and that everyone can bring something to the table.

Also, I've found along the years, that maybe the best thing that ever came out of something like WoF is the friendships that one develops. Don't get me wrong, victory is pretty sweet too, but it can turn to a bitter-sweet thing... in a blink of an eye.

The Key thing about WOF is having good and many organised support teams... So we need everybody and everyone, otherwise no point :ahh:

Support is half the victroy ! So bring it on :D

Just a friendly reminder... WoF Team Captains need to be confirmed by 10 JAN 2010 :thumbup:

In a few weeks, we will start talking about the first mob list for Stage 1 - Proving Ground.

I realize some team are larger than others, but don't let that scare anyone... remember:

Serbia won a WoF Match in 2007 with one hunter: Max Maxa Freezer defeating Amethera 33 - 4 :cool: (Somewhat a legend in WoF Lore)

Greetings Team Amethera and welcome to WoF 2010.

I see from your thread you have chosen Semai as your Captain.

Now your Captain must choose their Main Team and PM this information to Rayne Jade as soon as possible, and NO LATER than February 10th.

***IMPORTANT NEWS***

Firstly, it's NEVER too late to recruit: The Rules are that No Main Team member who has scored for one Nation may join the Main Team of another Nation. Main Team/Support Team members can be recruited AT ANY TIME and added to your squad. While the Tournament is underway, adding or dropping Main Team members must be confirmed by PM to Rayne Jade or Myself.

Due to less teams taking part than with previous Tournaments;
The Schedule has been altered to accommodate the difference. Stage 3 will now be an "against-the-world" Stage (like the Qualifiers) rather than an "against-an-opponent" Stage.
This means ALL registered Teams will have 5 hunts to provide a qualifying score.

The WoF will now run as follows:

Stage 1: Proving Ground: Qualifier 1,
1 hunt, 1 moblist
Stage 2: Heavy Metal: Qualifier 2,
1 hunt, 1 moblist
Stage 3: Sponsored Round,
3 Hunts on same Moblist (Qualifiers 3, 4 &5 )

All qualifying scores will be added to give the 5-match total. The highest 12 scores will progress to the TI-Sponsored Stage 4 to battle it out in groups as in previous years.

Moblists will be revealed after the last match of each Stage is played.

But: I know you're all dying to get started, and want to know what sort of things are planned for you.... and wish to practise too.

So here's the Stage 1 Moblist.

As it stands, this list contains NO enhanced spawns, either by MA or Land Owners. If Land Owners who own these Mobs wish to offer tailored spawns, they are welcome to do so. Please bear in mind that the main Stage for inclusion of sponsored Mobs is Stage 3, please pm me or Rayne Jade with your details and Mobs offered.

Main :
Falxangius (Provider and Above) 10
Chomper (Any Maturity) 9
Kingfisher (Provider and Above) 8
Falxangius (Old and Below) 7
Cersumon (Any Maturity) 6
Kingfisher (Old and Below) 5

Support:
Gokibusagi (Any Maturity) 4
Argonaut (Scavenger and Above) 3
Faucervix (Any Maturity) 2
Argonaut (Guardian and Below) 1

Bonus: Exarosaur (Any Maturity) 25

START/FINISH LOCATION: TETHYS CREEK, EUDORIA

Dates: February 13th/14th

TimeSlots:

14:00, 18:00, 22:00 Saturday

07:00, 11:00 Sunday

Hunt Team: 4 Members of Main Team.
Support Team: Size Unlimited, Scoring Capped at 100

For Bonuses etc please consult the Rules thread.

Please pick your time early and pm Rayne Jade or myself. Until Stage 4 is reached, there is no need to arrange matches with opponents, as the first 5 matches are "against the world".

Good luck and see you on the field:)

Hurrikane

Last edited by a moderator:
wow I can already say, that my skills are too noobish for the opening mobs! Bah!

Mine too ;) So we better get some additions to main team soon so we can ping pong the bastards with long range weapons :D

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE !!! To the rescue of Team Amethera !!! :D

sorry folks I also cant hunt falx, chomper, cersumon or kingfisher above youngs :laugh: :rofl:

sorry folks I also cant hunt falx, chomper, cersumon or kingfisher above youngs :laugh: :rofl:

You sure can in a "Team" ;)

The mobs are doable in teams, certainly... we just need to make sure we got a good team together with some firepower!

We are not talking about soloing here :D

The Moblist has to be challenging, but I think the Stage One mobs are a lighter selection than last year, as requested. Most mid-range teams of 4 can cope with this list I think.

Surprise yourself, have a practice team hunt:)

Hurrikane

Maybe should resurrect the Bravo squad ;) That worked quite well in terms of firepower :D

No honestly though, I also think that in a team you can hunt a lot of big mobs you would not have thought possible...

We don't need übers necessarily to play, we just need a good team of as many good mid level hunters as possible...

GO AMETHERA !

(now stop supporting your silly country teams.... relicts of the old days when people were loyal to their country and when countries cared about them... have you forgotten what the old world has done to us calypsians ? They abandoned us !!! And now you want to fight for their glory ? )

Maybe should resurrect the Bravo squad ;) That worked quite well in terms of firepower :D

No honestly though, I also think that in a team you can hunt a lot of big mobs you would not have thought possible...

We don't need übers necessarily to play, we just need a good team of as many good mid level hunters as possible...

GO AMETHERA !

(now stop supporting your silly country teams.... relicts of the old days when people were loyal to their country and when countries cared about them... have you forgotten what the old world has done to us calypsians ? They abandoned us !!! And now you want to fight for their glory ? )

what you say is, i don't need to leave my opalo and fap80 at home? :) :)

Last edited:
hm... let me think... if we get maybe 40 people in main team, then we could do it with Opalos ... ROFL :D

well... I guess you do need a mid level gun... but in numbers you can take down big mobs... we're a pretty mixed crowed in SPU and we manage quite a bit of damage in team...

Nobody should be put of by the maturity, we just need to be a few more in numbers :ahh:

As requested :)

--Your full avatar name

Nasty Grecu Centurion

Semai. My position: main / suport

as i remember over 140k (148k i think) skills medium hp martial armor
will use cb26 / x1 /x5 depending on cash.

Is their a status here? Main Team set yet? Selling my ML35ME for an IFF8000. So I will have range still ;) Working on close up DPS as EP41 SGA won't cut it. What ever L armors I need for the day I usualy can get. Fap 69 SGA for heals I can also call in a fap 69 SGA Healer.

Skills over 225k, HP 175

I still haven't made up my mind for Ameth team or main team usa yet. How do you all do loot splits at the end of hunts? In use the main team guys that soften but can't loot get paid by the 4 that did all the looting in other words we split it all up at the end.

Wildman

Captain: Semai
My position: Support
Notes: I might not be available 100% time-wise; I just unlocked Coolness, and my best armor is Ghost+8A. Total skills around 100K I think, but thankfully it's all hunting.

--Your full avatar name

Malachalypse Mal theElder

Semai for captain, I can do support or main whatever you need

Lvl 38 laserpistoleer using HL12(L)+A105 at best, for longrange FF8kM+A104
Gremlin+5B for protection. I am pretty good at running away from chompers...
As for availability, european evenings should work.

Ok,

So, I guess we still have to do a bit more recruiting work to do but I am confident that we will see some aditions ;) Especially support should see variable contributions ;)

So far we have:

Main Team:

Semai
Lykke
Kosh (optional support)
Mal (optional support )
NastyCenturion (optional support)
LeeLoo Faith (please confirm if only support ;) )

Support Team

jjmatrix
Sea
Sniqs
JackFree

I will update the List. Can all those who want to participate please send me their gaming E-mail addresses by PM. I will NOT share this info with anybody, this is purely for me to contact you all.

We will run a TS server for the WOF if the show is on during the hunts.

Last edited:
Back