WoF 2010: Team DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)

Now everyone can clearly see how important each single point is!

OMFG! This is so cool! :yay:

Gratz guys!!

One step closer to a DACH - BENELUX FINALE!!

Just like a random urine test... I appear ;)

Team DACH: Please post all screenshots of all globals in this thread

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wof-2010/179864-wof-2010-screenshot-thread-info.html

Please make every effort to NOT duplicate screenshots for the same scores.

the whole team could pee in a tank and we send it to you :)
our support was very eager to get all sceenshots together, not sure about the mainteam though :scratch2: anyhow, the german forum is right now down for mentanance, but you get them asap!

cool guys. gratulations from burgenland - u did it !!!!

Everyone that was declared a winner is still a winner, which is good I think.

I spoke too soon... but I can admit where it all went wrong so bear with me.

After PMing back and forth with Mack, I could see there was something wrong somewhere. Mack had one score for USA and I had something different. We are pretty much close by so we talked on the phone and viola!! Found the problem.

The Excel spreadsheet we use for scoring and tabulating has an upper section for mob totals (globals) and PED totals. There were 7 Hogglo globals by Team USA... but the Excel only counted 6. The formula was not altered. My Excel file has 13 tabs: 1 for each team in Stage 4 and the 13th is for totals for the Stage. No other workbook in the file had that problem, so it is a mystery. But like all good mysteries, this one was solved.

RAW TOTALS:

USA - 594
DACH - 577

Add in the +15 for high loot to DACH and we get:

USA - 594
DACH - 592

Winner = USA by 2 points.

USA - 694
DACH - 592

I do sincerely apologize for this drama and for any mental/emotional instabilities that result from it. This was not a result of too many teams, too many globals, etc. It was an error that I will claim as my own because... simply put... I should have noticed that.

The OP in the WarSheet Thread is updated with the corrected scores and we will get a replacement "pretty one" up as soon as we can. I've said it before: We strive to get it right. Now it is.

oh what a mystery - only in this file :confused:

No worries Dex, shit happens (beaten by TWO points is a bitter drink :rolleyes:). But I trust in RJ. If anyone is in doubt ... I had main chat logging enabled and can double check the results. But I think it's not necessary.

Hi team DACH,

I feel real sorry the way this went. Be sure of a win and then appear too loose by 2 points....ouch.
Still believing that you guys will prevail just like team Benelux and that we'll get an ALL-NEW TEAM FINALE this year. :yay:

...Where, of course, it will be Benelux who beats you. ;)

It would be kinda awkward to be supporting our opponent, would it not? :)

today you wont get the answer! But you will get it for sure!:spank:

To everybody who read this and had main chat logging enabled during our mach with USA!

Do me a favour and send me a text file of the time between Saturday 18:00 and 21:00 MA time (our match).

UllaJamiraBraun@t-online.de

I will check and compare them. I hate it to lose the match against USA. But I hate it too to see my colleagues from the judge team in some twilight.

If I can compare two or three independant chat logs, no doubts will survive in the end. Please help me with this issue.

Jamira

I'll see if I can send mine when am home.

Pls send me PM to remember :)

I'll see if I can send mine when am home.

Pls send me PM to remember :)

Fine ;)
I will remember you at ~18:00 german time.
But I would like to have more chat logs. Anyone else?

i have enabled it cause im using eu hunter to capture my own globals

let me check the file for you

p.s. lol my file is like 123 mb - takes some time to load :D

pps. damnit i was playing this wof match at my girlfriends computer - shit :(

I don't know what else to say to be honest. I can't simply discount the 7th Hogglo from USA simply because the excel formula had an error. It did happen so it counts. The same thing would happen if a team posted a screenshot of a global that we missed. It would count.

To address the 2 point change in DACH's score: a Furor Adept was scored as a 4-point instead of a 2-point. Human error - my fault. Several Furor's for USA were scored incorrectly as well, but even after corrections were made USA Support still capped so that does not change anything.

There is no conspiracy here. Damn sure nothing should be vented toward Mack. Sure he is from USA and on USA Support, but I can assure you that he is 100% unbiased when judging and verifying scores. However, coming from me that probably will not matter to some of you. Anyone that wants my records from the match, just ask. I consider it ALL public information. Anyone that was hunting during that 3 hour period can see all globals anyway so there is nothing to hide.

All I can do is strive to get it correct. That will not change.

Time zones and RL affect our verification processes. As a result, expect verified scores to be posted no sooner than 3 days after the matches are over. I will damn sure NOT jump the gun in the future until the process is absolutely complete.

DACH has fielded a very impressive team and I would hate to see this incident cause anyone to leave the WoF. DACH is still in 1st place in the Group and will almost certainly advance to the SemiFinals.

actually, from getting to the next round, i don't think this match matters in that respect for DACH or US
the winning itself doesn't either (coming to next round) so i don't see a problem there much either

and 2 points isnt too much :)
next match against US i won't hunt foul youngs and we should make it :laugh:
but seriously, DACH showed a great performance, so there was definitely a point shown, that other teams should be scared :p

I don't know what else to say to be honest. I can't simply discount the 7th Hogglo from USA simply because the excel formula had an error. It did happen so it counts. The same thing would happen if a team posted a screenshot of a global that we missed. It would count.

To address the 2 point change in DACH's score: a Furor Adept was scored as a 4-point instead of a 2-point. Human error - my fault. Several Furor's for USA were scored incorrectly as well, but even after corrections were made USA Support still capped so that does not change anything.

There is no conspiracy here. Damn sure nothing should be vented toward Mack. Sure he is from USA and on USA Support, but I can assure you that he is 100% unbiased when judging and verifying scores. However, coming from me that probably will not matter to some of you. Anyone that wants my records from the match, just ask. I consider it ALL public information. Anyone that was hunting during that 3 hour period can see all globals anyway so there is nothing to hide.

All I can do is strive to get it correct. That will not change.

Time zones and RL affect our verification processes. As a result, expect verified scores to be posted no sooner than 3 days after the matches are over. I will damn sure NOT jump the gun in the future until the process is absolutely complete.

DACH has fielded a very impressive team and I would hate to see this incident cause anyone to leave the WoF. DACH is still in 1st place in the Group and will almost certainly advance to the SemiFinals.

Next time please tell us in the evening after the second beer, not the second morning coffee!

BTW we doublechecked our log and come to the conclusion that Dach made 597 points after all boni but the winner bonus :scratch2:

Main:
Fre O 88 8
Hogg M 95 9
Hogg G 104 9
Hogg O 75 9
Hogg Y 175 9
Hogg Y 84 9
Glob Y 96 7
Hogg P 486 18
Hogg P 70 9
Let M 172 10
Hogg Y 100 9
Hogg Y 65 9
Hogg O 60 9
Let M 140 10
Hogg Y 220 9
Let Y 107 6
Fre O 64 8
Let M 100 10
Hogg Y 75 9
Hogg Y 129 9
Fre M 221 10 the mistake!
Hogg Y 86 9
Hogg Y 67 9
Let M 76 10
Hogg Y 62 9
Let M 76 10
Hogg Y 64 9
Hogg Y 145 9
Hogg Y 68 9
Let M 89 10
Let O 71 10

3530 289

Bri O 168 3
Fur T 63 4
Fur T 68 4
Fur A 56 2
Fur R 58 4
Fur A 55 2
Fur P 61 2
Fur A 105 2
Fur A 101 2
Fur A 68 2
Corn P 63 1
Fur P 63 2
Fur A 107 2
Fur A 82 2
Fur W 50 2
Fur W 54 2
Fur A 60 2
Fur R 71 4
Bri M 52 3
Fur P 140 2
Fur T 135 4
Fur R 77 4
Fur A 78 2
Fur R 211 4
Fur A 65 2
Fur W 211 2
Fur S 76 4
Bri A 55 3
Fur A 119 2
Fur S 58 4
Fur R 76 4
Foul H 73 25
Fur W 86 2
Fur A 58 2
Fur W 53 2
Fur T 63 4
Fur R 136 4
Fur A 83 2
Fur A 53 2
Fur P 54 2
Fur W 66 2
Fur T 82 4
Fur T 182 4
Fur R 55 4
Support Main Var M Var S Sweep Total
143 289 50 25 75 = 582 +15 bonus for the better loot

597points +100 because we kicked your ass!
so infact we have beaten usa by 3 points!

true? not true? you decide!

i found the mistake in our log, RJ and Mack are right! USA won!

Last edited:
Fresco Mature is 5 point mob, not 10. Total should be 577 now...

Edit: Nevermind, you found it faster than I did.

Damn, you guys lost :(. Sorry to hear about that.

As I said before: I hate to lose vs. USA. But I hate it too to see my colleagues from the judge team in any twilight.

Okay.
One last word from a member of team DACH and judge.

Some folks sent me their chat log (four in total).
Two of them are from our competitors. I decided to start with these foreign "enemy" logfiles to make my own score sheet.

Results:
Attempt #1: USA 594, DACH 577+15 (loot bonus)=592
Attempt #2: USA 594, DACH 577+15 (loot bonus)=592

Thank you to my team mates who sent their logfiles too. But I decided to stop after this two attempts. ;)

Now let the show go on!

Back