WoF 2010: Team South Africa

Rayne Jade

Marauder
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Rayne Jade Blackmoore
Welcome to the WoF

This is the recruitment thread for Team South Africa. Please register for Team South Africa by including:

--Your full avatar name.
--Your vote for Captain and any preferred position for yourself.
--Anything the team should know about you, including availability.

south_africa.jpg

Last edited:
Still trying to see if we can get team together :scratch2:

Avatar Full Name: Gundarin Gergg Goreon
Captain Vote: Still waiting to see who can participate
Availability: Still fighting to get line sorted out :mad:

Avatar Full Name: (pressing random buttons to get the darn screen for the avatar name.... FOOOK, i hate changes.... got it) Major Fluffy Putty

Captain Vote: Me, the next guy, or the one below that...

Anything the team should know about you : I once killed a chirpy, solo!!

Current Main team :
Polar fluKe Fluke
undead Slaine hellspawn
Gladiator Ripper Ferdius
Mirewen Mir Ashem
Johnny Jay Appleseed
Mordrell Baas WHAT
Gundarin Gergg Goreon
Slip snurb15 Knot
Jason Pepto Amsterdam
C'Nedra Neddy Drak'mar
Major Fluffy Putty

If anyone else wanna sign up, give me a shout.

Last edited:
Avatar Full Name: Polar fluKe Fluke
Captain Vote: Putty
Anything the team should know about me: I don't really have any good gear :)

Avatar Full Name: undead Slaine hellspawn
Captain Vote: The Major
Anything the team should know about you : I have been out of the game for some time...

Just a friendly reminder... WoF Team Captains need to be confirmed by 10 JAN 2010 :thumbup:

In a few weeks, we will start talking about the first mob list for Stage 1 - Proving Ground.

I realize some team are larger than others, but don't let that scare anyone... remember:

Serbia won a WoF Match in 2007 with one hunter: Max Maxa Freezer defeating Amethera 33 - 4 :cool: (Somewhat a legend in WoF Lore)

Unfortunately (even though I have tried my utmost) I do not think I will be able to take part due to my broadband connection still not being installed :mad:

Greetings Team South Africa and welcome to WoF 2010.

I see from your thread you have chosen Major Putty as your Captain. (go putty!)

Now your Captain must choose their Main Team and PM this information to Rayne Jade as soon as possible, and NO LATER than February 10th.

***IMPORTANT NEWS***

Firstly, it's NEVER too late to recruit: The Rules are that No Main Team member who has scored for one Nation may join the Main Team of another Nation. Main Team/Support Team members can be recruited AT ANY TIME and added to your squad. While the Tournament is underway, adding or dropping Main Team members must be confirmed by PM to Rayne Jade or Myself.

Due to less teams taking part than with previous Tournaments;
The Schedule has been altered to accommodate the difference. Stage 3 will now be an "against-the-world" Stage (like the Qualifiers) rather than an "against-an-opponent" Stage.
This means ALL registered Teams will have 5 hunts to provide a qualifying score.

The WoF will now run as follows:

Stage 1: Proving Ground: Qualifier 1,
1 hunt, 1 moblist
Stage 2: Heavy Metal: Qualifier 2,
1 hunt, 1 moblist
Stage 3: Sponsored Round,
3 Hunts on same Moblist (Qualifiers 3, 4 &5 )

All qualifying scores will be added to give the 5-match total. The highest 12 scores will progress to the TI-Sponsored Stage 4 to battle it out in groups as in previous years.

Moblists will be revealed after the last match of each Stage is played.

But: I know you're all dying to get started, and want to know what sort of things are planned for you.... and wish to practise too.

So here's the Stage 1 Moblist.

As it stands, this list contains NO enhanced spawns, either by MA or Land Owners. If Land Owners who own these Mobs wish to offer tailored spawns, they are welcome to do so. Please bear in mind that the main Stage for inclusion of sponsored Mobs is Stage 3, please pm me or Rayne Jade with your details and Mobs offered.

Main :
Falxangius (Provider and Above) 10
Chomper (Any Maturity) 9
Kingfisher (Provider and Above) 8
Falxangius (Old and Below) 7
Cersumon (Any Maturity) 6
Kingfisher (Old and Below) 5

Support:
Gokibusagi (Any Maturity) 4
Argonaut (Scavenger and Above) 3
Faucervix (Any Maturity) 2
Argonaut (Guardian and Below) 1

Bonus: Exarosaur (Any Maturity) 25

START/FINISH LOCATION: TETHYS CREEK, EUDORIA

Dates: February 13th/14th

TimeSlots:

14:00, 18:00, 22:00 Saturday

07:00, 11:00 Sunday

Hunt Team: 4 Members of Main Team.
Support Team: Size Unlimited, Scoring Capped at 100

For Bonuses etc please consult the Rules thread.

Please pick your time early and pm Rayne Jade or myself. Until Stage 4 is reached, there is no need to arrange matches with opponents, as the first 5 matches are "against the world".

Good luck and see you on the field:)

Hurrikane

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all

Like to sign up as well

Avatar Full Name: Gladiator Ripper Ferdius
Captain Vote: Putty
Anything the team should know about me: Have not played since the new vu, issues with telkom....:mad:

I have updated my first post with everyone that signed up so far,
if anyone else wanna sign up, let me know.

We need to pick a time slot. What is your thoughts and availability:

TimeSlots:
February 13th/14th

14:00, 18:00, 22:00 Saturday

07:00, 11:00 Sunday

I assume 14th might be a problem for most.

Any more members?

Sorry guys, really thought my connection issues would of been sorted out by now :(

But thanks to Telkom dont look like it is going to happen :mad:

what no cell phone coverage goreon? mmm maybe its also time for some pm's to jog some people to action.

what no cell phone coverage goreon? mmm maybe its also time for some pm's to jog some people to action.

I managed to buy a house that is in a dead zone :scratch2: (By about 500m in all directions :laugh:)

(Barely get Vodacom voice, if lucky maybe GPRS coverage sometimes, no Cell C, MTN, Wimax... Neotel only does voice and data not supported and Telkom been promising to put down some lines since mid last year with no progress so far)

Gladdy is also wating for telkom - put da call in over Dec, but it is this and that............, now it is another 2 weeks before they will have him up.

But he will probably come to me or slaine for da WoF even if he has internet.

If you are in the Joburg area you can join us.

hi,
I would like to join

Captain Vote: who ever is already in charge
Available after 6pm on week days, when ever you need me on weekends

Good to have you on board Jay.

We still need a timeslot for the WoF...

Gladdy mention somehting about some sport he want to watch starting Sat the 13, thing it was rugby...

Anyone got a time that they can not make it ?

WoF time slot

Rugby... what is that? :poke: hehe...

"Saturday 13 February Sharks v Chiefs Durban 19:10" - But this is what PVR is for.

Sunday is valentines day... I like to keep my goens where they are currently thanks.

Saturday 22:00 if there is still a slot available. All times are GMT +2. Example: The time now is 07:45. | Calypso Time: 5:45.

So we will be looking at 20:00 on Saturday RSA time so it won't be too late :computer:

There are my 2 cents...

Captain Vote: :scratch2:
Available: Working shifts but free on weekends

I just got my 4meg line installed and my pc will be up and running on the 10th Feb so I am good to rock and roll. (gfix card burnt out:mad:)

Er I am lvl26 hit and hunt with Lr48+a103 and use either vigi+6a or gremlin+5b (depending on mob) and use a hedok sk20 as fap... still noob but amped for a fight:cowboy:

Oh S**t! i forgot the Super 14 was starting soon, it's February already?:scratch2:

Anyway the 9th and the 14 are the only days really off limits for me too, 9th is the governments birthday:birthday:, and the 14th is that dreaded day in every mans year, so ja, other wise i'll be alright for weeknights and weekends.

lol, this is probably a bit late to ask but was there ant kind of min equipment?:scratch:

Last edited:
Saturday 22:00 Sounds good for me

We do not have an limit on skill or weapons,
we will take the best 4 to be part in the main team and the rest will go in the support team.

Great to see a team developing here, good luck guys.

I'm unlikely to be of any help, what with rescheduling the universe around my new daughter's needs :)

I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines when possible. Go Bokke ;)

Back