WoF 2011: Your Two Cents

thats rich, you seem to be using the result of one incident to support your objections. i dont even know what the prizes were last year or the years before, because it doesnt matter. as i recall a fund from sponsers and some limit weapons and certificates for the final 3 and kackets for the winner? not really a big draw to compete, certainly not compared to the glory of winning and the fun of competing. ditch the prizes altogether if it causes grief. just the jackets will do.

See this thread for the rest of the story on what happened last year. Also NOTE the date of the thread, and no response from FPC or whom ever the hell they are now.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?203108-Community-Events-and-Prizes...

Also note they lowered the prizes from before if you don't understand that part. Also note that they have NOT yet responded to Huurikane OR Jamira about WOF this year.

WOF is an FPC SPONSORED event... get that? Sponsored..... Hurrikane posted the prizes for this year, and that let to him 'not being aware' that they were NOT all given LAST year!!! No reply from FPC .. so.. yes.. WOF has died at this point. It's a sad sad thing I think. I loved it but I'm not willing to support them with my peds.. and sorry to say, even Hurrikane if he's unable to get answers from them for us other than he has no reason to assume it's different this year. Except.. umm duh.. it WAS different LAST year....... *rolls eyes*

This is months and months now...... if they aren't going to reply then obviously they don't care.

Last year was badly handled for sure by everyone except it seems the sponsoring land owners.

Jamira - pm that to Marco..... he's good at kicking Hanne in the ***** as he did at least seem to realize the value of WOF to the community as well as their pocket book.

See this thread for the rest of the story on what happened last year. Also NOTE the date of the thread, and no response from FPC or whom ever the hell they are now.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?203108-Community-Events-and-Prizes...

Also note they lowered the prizes from before if you don't understand that part. Also note that they have NOT yet responded to Huurikane OR Jamira about WOF this year.

WOF is an FPC SPONSORED event... get that? Sponsored..... Hurrikane posted the prizes for this year, and that let to him 'not being aware' that they were NOT all given LAST year!!! No reply from FPC .. so.. yes.. WOF has died at this point. It's a sad sad thing I think. I loved it but I'm not willing to support them with my peds.. and sorry to say, even Hurrikane if he's unable to get answers from them for us other than he has no reason to assume it's different this year. Except.. umm duh.. it WAS different LAST year....... *rolls eyes*

This is months and months now...... if they aren't going to reply then obviously they don't care.

Last year was badly handled for sure by everyone except it seems the sponsoring land owners.

Jamira - pm that to Marco..... he's good at kicking Hanne in the ***** as he did at least seem to realize the value of WOF to the community as well as their pocket book.

Well, you can't blame me to be one of the wankers who don't speak about nuisances. But seriously, I am close to give up. After all this years, after all this support cases and complaining threads and posts, after all this offers for help and spreading ideas ... I am with you regarding "It's enough!". I don't think Skam is guilty in any way. And unfortunately I'm not in the position to kickass Marco. At Christmas last year my son visited us. He is a [OMG!] WOW-player. We both sat in the same room. Me playing EU, he playing WOW. What shall I say ... if EU becomes WOW'ish more and more ... why should I pay more than 15 bucks per month for an online game, eh?

WOF is an FPC SPONSORED event... get that?

no, i dont really, because i see very little "sponsorship" of the event (if any, other than using certain LAs). theres no logos all over Hurrikanes posts, the rules mention nothing about it, except the SCAR prize is provided by sponsors. it seem like a mountain out of a molehill, not receiving an L weapon and certificate. its a poor form on MA behalf to no back it up, but its hardly worth throwing the toys out the pram over what is, in the end, and player organised event.

no, i dont really, because i see very little "sponsorship" of the event (if any, other than using certain LAs). theres no logos all over Hurrikanes posts, the rules mention nothing about it, except the SCAR prize is provided by sponsors. it seem like a mountain out of a molehill, not receiving an L weapon and certificate. its a poor form on MA behalf to no back it up, but its hardly worth throwing the toys out the pram over what is, in the end, and player organised event.

MA / FPC... not only provided those prizes but worked with Hurrikane to add mobs to the game etc. Yes, they were a sponsor in all sense of the word. Yes, his info for this year included the jackets, L weapons and certificates. Hurrikane obviously had expected the same for 2010 since he'd said he never knew it had happened and would look into it all.

It only became a mountain since they've never ever responded, posted, verified their participation etc. All that people wanted to know is why it changed last year and what to expect this year.

"Throwing the toys out with the pram... :laugh: Guess that's like throwing the baby out with the bathwater? Hmmm less harmful though ;)

I have started to increase the maturity in Atrax Park again now so it will be WoF friendly, is alpha, old alpha big enough?

I have started to increase the maturity in Atrax Park again now so it will be WoF friendly, is alpha, old alpha big enough?

No.

Bahhh .... message too short

Dont wanna waste my blades at low mobs ;)

Make them max and I will start thinking about hunting at your LA

Im a bit afraid that stalkers will scare away most hunters, anyone else have something to say about this here?
I guess stalkers are easy for the main teams usually.

Im a bit afraid that stalkers will scare away most hunters, anyone else have something to say about this here?
I guess stalkers are easy for the main teams usually.
Yes, stalkers are easy for main team. But I personally think old alpha-prowlers would be the optimal hunting to get points because stalkers do much more damage.

Maybe i should go for 7.5 or 8 on maturity for WoF, many old alphas and prowlers but not very many stalkers and not so big diffrence in settings to what i want after WoF.

I changed the maturity today to 8 on all 4 dna, there should be plenty of big trax for this weekend now.

Anyone know if Qetesh is going to or has increased the maturity for argonauts and armax?

Fyi proteron

Just throwing out this info. I know hurricane has listed that we are sponsoring WOF. Wanted to make sure everyone is aware that LA54 is medium maturity Proteron (up to Alpha)

Happy Hoffing!!!

HuntingN8

Perhaps you could do a WOF hunting event at OLA#11? :) I've now got lots more argonauts from the maturities of Scout+ and de-activated 2x Exarosaur DNA's leaving only 1 DNA maxed stats.

~Danimal

WoF is way more fun with a scoreboard!

(hint hint)

seriously how am i supposed to brag with anything when i dont have a scoreboard to back up my claims?

About the points of team DACH i just heard rumors so far. Great rumors to be exact, rumors like, we made about the same points without sweep than other teams made with sweep.

But i cant believe this as long as i dont have it black on white on a scoreboard!

now its time for the smiley with the whip: :whip:

Perhaps you could do a WOF hunting event at OLA#11? :) I've now got lots more argonauts from the maturities of Scout+ and de-activated 2x Exarosaur DNA's leaving only 1 DNA maxed stats.

~Danimal

Hi,

I scouted OLA 11 a couple of days before last weekend's WOF meetings but argo numbers were very low. How recent is the change?

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Just wanted to again remind everyone... LA54- Atami's Proteron Paradise. Located at (20419, 45458, 109 east of segna forest TP) is "SPONSORING" WOF. That means when you hunt there, your tax is re-invested back into WOF! We have mostly young/mature proteron...with a few old/prov thrown around. GL

HuntingN8

Hi,

I scouted OLA 11 a couple of days before last weekend's WOF meetings but argo numbers were very low. How recent is the change?

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Pretty recent, I'm working on completing another argonauts DNA if I can get the last few remaining piece(s) that I need.

~Danimal

I realized something during this WOF season. It would be too late to implement retroactively, but perhaps for future seasons.

There is a rule discussing the scenarios if a main team or support team were to score an ATH, and the accompanying score bonus.

What about the scenario when a team as a whole loots enough in PED value to actually surpass an ATH, but did not score an ATH?

Looting enough for an ATH is also a feat in and of itself.

Perhaps instead of a 2x score multiplier (either main-2xtotal or support-2xsupport score), add another score factor, like 1.25x or 1.5x a team's final score after bonuses for the teams posting total loot at least the last entry in the ATH list.

Back