***WoF 2012*** Official Rules and INFO

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
WoF 2012 - V1.jpg

WoF Rules Step by Step: What to do.

Intro: The World of Firepower is an International Team Hunting Tournament where globalling on selected mobs gives you various amounts of points. Anyone can enter and it is free to join. It’s the biggest, friendliest, most extreme event in the history of Entropia Universe, and anyone can make a difference; killing a lowly snablesnot won it one year. From super-skilled old soldiers to week-one rookies, there’s a role for you in a WoF team. We’ve had five years of WoF and four separate nations have taken the title. Yours could be next.

First: Select the Nation you wish to help to victory. There is no rule that you have to live there or be from there, but teams are free to refuse non-nationals if that is the majority decision within the team.

If no-one has started a team for the Nation of your choice then you may do so. Minimum team size is 1, but more are recommended. Opening a recruitment thread also registers your team. Everyone you recruit must post their full avatar name in the thread. As soon as a Captain is elected (see below), they are expected to keep an updated log of all signed team members for easy access by the organisers.

What constitutes a Nation?

For the purposes of the WoF, a Nation is a country or people who pass scrutiny. Passing scrutiny means being accepted as a valid nation by that year’s organisers.

Examples of allowed teams:

Any *recognised Earth country.
Any *recognised Earth Alliance (providing conditions below are met)
Any *recognised Entropian Nations.
*Where recognised is used, this means recognised by **the WoF.
**Where the WoF is used, this means whoever is running it that ***year.
***That means me.

Examples of disallowed teams:

Mythical/Fictional/Spurious countries (Atlantis, Alderaan, Swindon etc).
Alliances including Nations also entering singly (Single nation teams get priority: For example if French and Canadian teams were to ally, but a Canadian Team also wished to play for Canada alone, then the French-Canadian Team could no longer represent Canada, and could not have Canada feature in their team name. One team per nation.)
Alliances of more than three teams.
Alliances with more than one team that have been semi-finalists in the past.

If 24 or more teams register, the WoF will run on the Full Schedule.
If the number of teams that register is less than 24, the WoF will run on the Short Schedule.
(Schedules detailed below)

Then: Recruit Recruit Recruit.

This can not be emphasised enough. The more people you get to sign and help you, the higher your chances of progressing. Your Nation will have a Main Team of 12 and a Support Team of Unlimited Size, so you can’t recruit too many.

You will have several weeks or even months before the Qualifying Heats (Stages 1 and 2 of a full-schedule WoF). Many teams choose to use the in-game and forum advertising to help recruitment, which is encouraged. Keep your team threads refreshed, active and informative, even if the bulk of your planning is done in private forums. If the ****Judges can see who’s in your team and whether you have any issues at a glance it helps to make the event run smoother.

****Judges: A small but loyal bunch of extremely diligent, capable and impartial avatars who choose to use their valuable time counting globals as they come in. Although scores are verified later by analysis of the chat logs, the Judges are able to give unconfirmed post-match scores as the teams return from their hunt, which are rarely far from the truth They can also monitor potential disruptions such as mass CTD’s and match-affecting bugs. Anyone wishing to try out as a Judge please post in the Judges Thread and introduce yourself. You’ll be able to attend a match as a scoring observer, and if we like your performance we’ll put you on the Judging roster.

Before the Qualifiers: (Now until notified....)
Elect a Captain. When people sign up they can state their chosen Captain, or they can post their decision later. The Captain is decided when a suitable majority is reached. The elected Captain should then PM the WoF Organisers and tell them they got the job.

Keep recruiting and building your team.

The Captain’s first job
is to select a Main Team from the signings in their Team Thread. The Main Team is a maximum of 12 avatars. The Captains do not have to be in the Main 12, but cannot hunt as a Main Team member if they aren’t.

As soon as the Captains select their Main Team they should inform the Organisers using the full avatar names. Any updates or changes to the teams should be posted in the public thread and sent in a PM to the Organisers.

There will be regular updates in the Team Threads and Info Threads concerning the upcoming matches, so keep an eye on the Forum or Website.

Short and Full Schedules
: Depending on the number of teams that sign up, we will use the appropriate schedule. Less than 24 teams means the short one (Less Qualifying, less stages) and 24 or above means the full one (Much like previous years).

These Rules will be expanded on.

Check the other threads for the bigger picture:)

Hurrikane

Any complaints or issues? Post in the Issues thread in the Stickies, not this one. I am moderator of this sub-forum and will move, delete or report any innappropriate posts.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Please in this year of WoF, please say what mob we will hunt and when 5-7 days before it happends because lot of os has to work so we know.:)

Please in this year of WoF, please say what mob we will hunt and when 5-7 days before it happends because lot of os has to work so we know.:)

I always try to give as much notice as possible for the moblists. You should have 2 weeks before each one.

hi hurrikane !

Can we have atrox or atrax for the WOF ? That glob very often, it will make the score more interresting and hunter have a good chance to earn their runs, dont you think ?

hi hurrikane !

Can we have atrox or atrax for the WOF ? That glob very often, it will make the score more interresting and hunter have a good chance to earn their runs, dont you think ?

I don't think there's been a single WoF that didn't feature both, and Atrox were the top mob in the Final last year. So, er, yes:)

What's your policy on choosing mobs on Taxed land!
Can we've detailed info on that?
I'd would hope you use them for sponsorship.. and timing of sponsored mobs to be based on the amount they are willing to pay for prizes!

What's your policy on choosing mobs on Taxed land!
Can we've detailed info on that?
I'd would hope you use them for sponsorship.. and timing of sponsored mobs to be based on the amount they are willing to pay for prizes!

The last 4 WoFs have all featured sponsored mobs and lands, and so will this one. Did you think I pay for the SCAR prizes out of my own wallet?:)

Some mobs are offered that won't suit the event, and some can be found in several places (making them hard to sponsor, as owners should get a return on their payment) but this year in particular, teams will be given proper directions and encouragement to use all the sponsored locations, and I want to make the sponsorship pay for more than prizes.

We're about to have a WoF where the organiser has internet. It should be better all round.

Hurrikane

Two questions about the timeline:

When do you want the official entry notice from main team, and when do you plan the first match to be?

For now just some approximate time would be good; I just want to know to be able to plan the recruitment (if listing team too early, alot of people might drop off, and starting too late it might be hard to get in tough with all main team members to get started).

If you want a general sign-up for the team itself, to be able to schedule qualifiers, (before main team list is due), it's ok.

The first Hunt (Qualifier) will be in August. Couldn't say when would eb the best time to sort out your team but I'd suggest the earlier the better. There will be some mini-events prior to the WoF starting, and it's always good to have a well-rehearsed plan.

Hurrikane

The first Hunt (Qualifier) will be in August. Couldn't say when would eb the best time to sort out your team but I'd suggest the earlier the better. There will be some mini-events prior to the WoF starting, and it's always good to have a well-rehearsed plan.

Hurrikane

I understand, it's just that I got the feeling lots of things can happen over the summer, in case we have to put together the main team list already. One thing that happened to us last season was that some people got occupied during weekends due to IRL jobs and because of that wasn't able to participate as much as they planned - I imagine something like (changes in IRL time), both positive and negative, can happen during the summer. Things like students starting to work and get scheduled during weekends, and people who used to work weekends get another job where they only work monday-friday.

I understand, it's just that I got the feeling lots of things can happen over the summer, in case we have to put together the main team list already. One thing that happened to us last season was that some people got occupied during weekends due to IRL jobs and because of that wasn't able to participate as much as they planned - I imagine something like (changes in IRL time), both positive and negative, can happen during the summer. Things like students starting to work and get scheduled during weekends, and people who used to work weekends get another job where they only work monday-friday.

Although we like to keep up with any changes to your team, it's perfectly understandable that teams that form several months before the event may go through some changes, even major ones. Not a problem. Get the team as full as you can, get the infrastructure there, and then the changes come easier; all you need do is keep me posted.

The only reason we like to keep on top of who's in the team is that there's around 1,000 people to supervise and it's nice to know which ones they are:)

Hurrikane

I don't really have much experience with WOF besides the introduction I had as part of team Rocktropia last year in our match against the USA.

I would like some clarification on how much support the Support Teams are allowed to provide.

Are they allowed to support the main team?
Can they fap members of the main team while they are hunting?
Can they tag mobs for the main team while they are hunting?
Can they supply additional dmg to mobs the main team are killing?

I think information like this is crucial for smaller teams like Rocktropia who don't have a long standing history of High End Ubers available for their main team.

Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere, I browsed around a while and couldn't find it.

narfi

Are they allowed to support the main team? Yes
Can they fap members of the main team while they are hunting? Yes
Can they tag mobs for the main team while they are hunting? Yes
Can they supply additional dmg to mobs the main team are killing? Yes

All the above have been done in the ordinary course of WoF competition since its inception.

Thank you Serica :)

Yes thanks Serica:) Got there before me.

Hurrikane

Back