Support:

Shinkiba (Any maturity) 4
Frescoquda (Any maturity) 3
Atrax (Any maturity) 2
Prancer (Any maturity) 1

Bonus:

Nexnecis (Any maturity): 25 points

Sponsors in this round are:

Addz, Deathifier, Meculus (BIG Industries) and Fed Solo. Any hunting on their mobs helps build the prize fund, so I urge all players to strongly consider them; however, as always, players are free to get points wherever they choose.

The Sponsored Lands are as follows:

OLA49: 2 DNA Rextelum Watcher-Ravager NE of Saba Camp
OLA49 Revive: (193,465)
Saba Camp TP: (179,466)
OLA 9: Estophyl. (26644,31156) 4 DNA low maturity
OLA 07: Atrax. Revive: (252,359) Alpha/Old Alpha 4 DNA, currently 3 running at max density

OLA 21: Formicacida Nest: DNA 1: Young-Strong DNA 2: Ravager-Watcher Density: Max
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...da-Nest-OLA-21

OLA 65: Shinkiba. (39735,45605) Closest Teleporter is Wolverine Hope (37846 ; 46779).

OLA 38: Phasm. (17944 43236) South of Segna Forest TP

Treasure Island: Fresqocuda.

Wild: Nexnecis, Prancer

So, get recruiting, get ready, get more ready, keep me informed, and load those weapons; the WoF is upon you.

WoF 2012 Stage 1 Start/Finish Point

Sissipahaw Water Treatment Plant

(on the big bridge in the middle of it)

39480,33926, 118

Amethera

East-Northeast of Nate Valley TP

I will be there with the Judges that can make it, please arrive in good time for your hunt.

Main Team required in full
(4 members) to team with the Judge, or, if not enough Judges are available, for linking to FriendsLists for Pm contact.

Support Teams need not attend
, but if teams wish to keep a pm link with the Judge for scoring, they may.

Qualifier B will be Metal Weekend (Robot Stage), to be held in two weeks time. Moblist announced Monday evening.

Full Schedule of Hunt Dates:

AUGUST 25th/AUGUST 26th: Stage One Qualifier

SEPTEMBER 8th/SEPTEMBER 9th: Stage Two Qualifier

OCTOBER 6th/7th, 13th/14th, 20th/21st Stage 3 (3 weekends)

NOVEMBER 3rd/4th, 10th/11th, 17th/18th Stage 4: (3 weekends)

DECEMBER 1st: Stage 5: Semi-Finals

DECEMBER 15th: 3-Way Final.

Future Moblists to be announced as soon as each Stage is done, along with Start/Finish Points and updated Scores.

Please remember to NOMINATE A SCREENSHOT GUY OR GIRL; the more proof of your efforts the better. If you also keep chat log open and save the contents we can be sure of accuracy in the scores, and ability to cross-check any queries.

See you all there and good luck.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Reactions: SHY
Nostalgia

We salute you:)

We are in and onto it:)

Good luck everyone!!

Nice mob list ... GL all ;)

Hi Hurrikane, could you put a post up explaining how the scoring works? I managed to find the info by digging into the old WoF threads but it would be handy to have it in a new thread that's easier to find.

Also, is the variety bonus available for both Main and Support? So if Main gets all four: +50 points, and if Support gets all four: +50 points for +100 total? + another 75 points if the Main team gets all the split maturities?

Team Sweden get ready to
:handgun:
:cool:

Does main team have a starting location yet?

***WoF-2012-STAGE-ONE-MOBLIST*** said:
OLA 21: Formicacida Nest: DNA 1: Young-Strong DNA 2: Ravager-Watcher Density: Max

How are we supposed to kill Soldier and above for 10 points per global if there aren't any?

How are we supposed to kill Soldier and above for 10 points per global if there aren't any?
DNA settings will be adjusted accordingly for the WoF, so you will be able to find more of those 10 point maturities at LA 21 Formicacida Nest :)

Last edited:
DNA settings will be adjusted accordingly for the WoF, so you will be able to find more of those 10 point maturities at LA 21 Formicacida Nest :)

Thanks Lorfat, if previous WoFs are any indication, might be best to change up the maturities a few days before the hunt weekend.

Hurrikane

Thanks Lorfat, if previous WoFs are any indication, might be best to change up the maturities a few days before the hunt weekend.

Hurrikane

Absolutely!
In fact, starting this afternoon, high maturities should already be available in good numbers at Formicacida Nest!!
Note that some 'cleaning' needs to be done (low maturities will vanish as you hunt them down - I'll help on this part myself).

There's a good chance you'll bump into Formicacida Magestic and even Formicacida Queen! :vampire:

Let us know if you want more of these top maturities, and Addz and I will do our best to fine-tune the DNA settings.

Just to confirm that at OLA#21 you will find an entire spawn of 10 point Formicacidas' maturities.

ola21_mar_2012.jpg

I am sorry if this is already posted somewhere, but I cant find scores from this last weekend anywhere. Anyone have a link?

Also, This last weekend and Sept 8/9th are listed as Qualifiers, how does this work?

I assume that X number of teams advance from the qualifiers and are entered in a Tournament Bracket?

If this is the case, is there a link to the bracket and rules on how teams are placed on it before hand?

For example, is there any strategy in how you place in the qualifiers for where you end up on the bracket and what teams you face at different stages in the competition?

Thanks for helping me out :)

narfi

I am sorry if this is already posted somewhere, but I cant find scores from this last weekend anywhere. Anyone have a link?

Also, This last weekend and Sept 8/9th are listed as Qualifiers, how does this work?

I assume that X number of teams advance from the qualifiers and are entered in a Tournament Bracket?

If this is the case, is there a link to the bracket and rules on how teams are placed on it before hand?

For example, is there any strategy in how you place in the qualifiers for where you end up on the bracket and what teams you face at different stages in the competition?

narfi

(Unless RavenJade and ClamBoy are back) Hurri will even now be going thru the scoresheets verifying point totals, then working intensely with Paint to create the WoF Scoresheet graphic for the scores.

I'm not sure how many teams ended up actually competing last weekend, but if there were more than 24, we'll have a 2nd qualifying round (if not, I think we go straight into the one-on-one rounds). The scores for the two qualifying matches are added together, and the teams ranked in order. The top 24 go thru, those with lower scores are eliminated (but their members can go help support the remaining teams if they want to stay involved ofc).

The top 24 are ranked in random order**, and then split into 6 groups of 4.
**Hurri picks random team names out of a hat still I think. There's a vid around somewhere of the draw in an earlier year :)

The next round of 3 matches are then one-on-one (same moblist for all 3 matches), as each team contends against each of the other 3 teams in their group. The scores for all matches (including the qualifiers iirc) are then totalled, and the top 2 in each group goes thru to the next round, and 12 teams being eliminated. (see also what I said earlier about players going to help support other teams if they want to)

The top 3 of the 12 remaining teams are seeded (one to each of 3 groups of 4 teams, with the remainder allocated randomly), and do another round of 3 one-on-one matches, leading to the elimination of a further 6 teams.

This leaves 6 teams to go thru to the semi's and of that 3 go thru to a 3-way final match.

------------------------------------------------------
After a quick check of EntropiaLive for formi and rex, I came up with the following teams so far:
Africa
Amethera
Australia
Benelux
Canada
DACH
Eudoria
Finland
France
Great Britian
Italy
Moon
Poland
Rocktropia
Sweden
USA

Last edited:
(Unless RavenJade and ClamBoy are back) Hurri will even now be going thru the scoresheets verifying point totals, then working intensely with Paint to create the WoF Scoresheet graphic for the scores.

I'm not sure how many teams ended up actually competing last weekend, but if there were more than 24, we'll have a 2nd qualifying round (if not, I think we go straight into the one-on-one rounds). The scores for the two qualifying matches are added together, and the teams ranked in order. The top 24 go thru, those with lower scores are eliminated (but their members can go help support the remaining teams if they want to stay involved ofc).

The top 24 are ranked in random order**, and then split into 6 groups of 4.
**Hurri picks random team names out of a hat still I think. There's a vid around somewhere of the draw in an earlier year :)

The next round of 3 matches are then one-on-one (same moblist for all 3 matches), as each team contends against each of the other 3 teams in their group. The scores for all matches (including the qualifiers iirc) are then totalled, and the top 2 in each group goes thru to the next round, and 12 teams being eliminated. (see also what I said earlier about players going to help support other teams if they want to)

The top 3 of the 12 remaining teams are seeded (one to each of 3 groups of 4 teams, with the remainder allocated randomly), and do another round of 3 one-on-one matches, leading to the elimination of a further 6 teams.

This leaves 6 teams to go thru to the semi's and of that 3 go thru to a 3-way final match.

------------------------------------------------------
After a quick check of EntropiaLive for formi and rex, I came up with the following teams so far:
Africa
Amethera
Australia
Benelux
Canada
DACH
Eudoria
Finland
France
Great Britian
Italy
Moon
Poland
Rocktropia
Sweden
USA

Thinks this it Serica :)
But this year I expect pulling Rizzla rolly papers out of a hat are gone, and pulling disposable nappies with team names on em out of a bucket is in ;)

Nostalgia

We salute you:)

We are in and onto it:)

Hi, sorry, have had 24 hours of no internet due to my fantastic service provider BT having no idea about communication and what's iinvolved.

So everything's back a day, checking now, will post scores and info tonight.

Sorry again for the delay.

Hurrikane

narfi

This will all become clear tonight:)

Hurrikane

Back