WoF 2012: Team Africa

fine for me

just let me know

gonna be loads of fun :yay::yay:

OK, so it looks like we're on for 15:30 on Sunday since we should have at least 4, currently:

Me, Slip, Painwrecker and Goreon :).

If anyone else is keen please let us know, even if you don't want to hunt. There are plenty of jobs that need doing, healing, scouting mob locations etc. It would be great if we can have a few more people to go after the support mobs too :).

The moblist is as follows:

Moblist:

Main

Neconu (Old Alpha and Above) 10
Sumima (Provider and above) 9
Tantardion (Any) 8
Neconu (Alpha and below) 7
Razortooth (Any) 6
Sumima (Young-old) 5

Support

Gokibusagi (Any) 4
Snarg (Any) 3
Longu (Any) 2
Kerberos (Any) 1

Bonus

Scaboreas (Any) 25

For those who have not participated in WoF before the scoring works as follows:

The Bonus Mob is scoreable once per Nation (Main or Support but not both) per match, and is worth 25 points.

Other Bonuses:

HoF: Any HoF grants a double score for that kill.

ATH: A Main Team ATH doubles the Team’s Total Score for that match. A Support Team ATH doubles the Support Team Total for that match.

Variety: For globalling on the different types of Mobs in the list during the hunt.
2 types of mob=10 points
3 types of mob=25 points
4 types of mob=50 points

Susan: In fond memory of Susan 113 Smith, this acts like a HoF, doubling the points from any 113 PED Globals a team gets, Main or Support.

Sweep: This is for Globalling on the Whole Moblist, including split maturities and the Bonus Mob (Teams need a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 25 or HoFs derived from them). 75 points.

When more than one Bonus is scored on the same mob, one multiplies or adds to the other: e.g. A 113 PED HoF on a 9-point Chomper would be 9x2x2=36.

Team’s Total Score: The score at the end of a match with everything included.

If not enough Support are present then the Main Team can hunt the Support Mobs needed for the Sweep but do not receive the 1,2,3 or 4 points, only the credit toward the Sweep.

There are a number of different ways in which we could approach this, so please let me know if you have any strategies in mind.

Operating on the assumption that we will not have a support team, I don't think there is much point in going for the Sweep, so I think we should focus the main moblist and move on when we global until we have enough for the Variety bonus, then send one or two guys off to get the bonus mob while the others focus on racking up as many points on either Sumima or Neconu as possible.

However if we can get a couple of guys for Support that changes things entirely, then I think we should divert some of the main team to help support and try and grab the Sweep.

I'll try to make it too:)

Awesome Mordrell, hopefully see you there :)

OK, so it looks like we're on for 15:30 on Sunday since we should have at least 4,

Just to clarify, when I say 15:30 I mean 17:30 SA time, 15:30 MA time :)

Right, so Hurrikane is hopefully going to meet us at Chug's at 16:00, so if you everyone can try and get there at 15:30 then we can do a bit of strategising.

In terms of armour most of the mobs will be fine with Imp/Cut/Stab and I suspect we'll have enough firepower to drop most things before they reach us. The Tants though are heavy on the Elec and have a ranged attack iirc, so if you have 6B plates it would be a good idea to bring em along.

I suggest we start on the Tants and then move on to the others. On that note, does anyone know where we can find a decent Razortooth spawn?

Thanks to all that came, and to Hurrikane for Judging... was a lot of fun :wtg:

Thanks guys, and thanks Hurrikane, that was good fun :).

Some eyecandy for you:

awesome job with the pics mate!

was a good night of fun!

hope we can all do it again soon

regards,

PW

Good job guys, soz that I made it so late and lag made it nearly impossible for me to stay.

I got one neconu global while trying to get the scaboreas points... to bad it didn't count;)

anyone in the mood the give it a go again sometime soon?:D

maybe after the migration ends?

anyone in the mood the give it a go again sometime soon?:D

maybe after the migration ends?

The migration knocked a very deep hole into my pedcard unfortunately... best I can do is provide some fap support:ahh:

On the + side I managed to get over the lvl 45 it slump and have loads of fun doing it.

Making a huge depo at the end of August when I go on leave (annual bonus+SARS cash+lotsa overtime ;)), got a few toys I want to buy but then also amped to do a lot of grinding.

Should definitely organise another... but also waiting to see if SARS is gonna be kind to me this year ;)

BUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPP

Should be getting close to kicking off :)

Watching closely for dates :wtg:

Team Africa, welcome to the WoF.

If you have not already done so, elect a Captain.

If the Captain has not already done so, please post your current Main Team list and PM me the same.

If you have already done all of these things, then thank you:)

There are 2 weeks until the first Qualifying matches
. Your team needs to score as highly as they can in two separate hunts, on two separate moblists, in order to qualify for the main tournament.

The FIRST QUALIFYING HUNT will be for three hours on the moblist below.

Main Team size: 4.

Support Teams: Unlimited, but Support Scoring is capped at 100 points before end-of-match bonuses (Sweep, Variety).

TIMESLOTS:

As usual there are a choice of times to play. As the first hunt will be the first qualifying match there is no requirement to contact other teams.

ALL TIMES are MindArk Time.

Saturday August 25th

15:00 (until 18:00), 19:00 (until 22:00), 23:00 (until 02:00)

Sunday August 26th

09:00 (until 12:00), 13:00 (until 16:00)

PICK A SLOT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and PM me. Helps to keep things organised. If you haven't finalised your team yet don't worry, just get recruiting and keep me informed.

So, here's the much-awaited First Round Moblist: (will also appear in it's own thread in the Stickies)

WoF 2012 STAGE ONE MOBLIST
The Dogs, the Bugs and the Ugly

Qualifying Match A

DATE: AUGUST 25th/AUGUST 26th

Main:

Formicacida (Soldier and above): 10 points
Rextellum (Any maturity): 9
Phasm (Mature and above): 8
Formicacida (Watcher and below): 7
Estophyl (Any maturity): 6
Phasm (Young): 5

Support:

Shinkiba (Any maturity) 4
Frescoquda (Any maturity) 3
Atrax (Any maturity) 2
Prancer (Any maturity) 1

Bonus:

Nexnecis (Any maturity): 25 points

Sponsors in this round are:

Addz, Deathifier, Meculus and Fed Solo. Any hunting on their mobs helps build the prize fund, so I urge all players to strongly consider them; however, as always, players are free to get points wherever they choose.

The Sponsored Lands are as follows:

OLA49: 2 DNA Rextelum Watcher-Ravager NE of Saba Camp
OLA49 Revive: (193,465)
Saba Camp TP: (179,466)
OLA 9: Estophyl. (26644,31156) 4 DNA low maturity
OLA 07: Atrax. Revive: (252,359) Alpha/Old Alpha 4 DNA, currently 3 running at max density

OLA 21: Formicacida Nest: DNA 1: Young-Strong DNA 2: Ravager-Watcher Density: Max
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...da-Nest-OLA-21

OLA 65: Shinkiba. (39735,45605) Closest Teleporter is Wolverine Hope (37846 ; 46779).

OLA 38: Phasm. (17944 43236) South of Segna Forest TP

Treasure Island: Fresqocuda.

Wild: Nexnecis, Prancer

So, get recruiting, get ready, get more ready, keep me informed, and load those weapons; the WoF is upon you.

Hurrikane

Thanks Hurriaken, we will start organising... to everyone else, please checks the SA Group, going to start a post there :)

:yay:Time to bring the pain!

Alllooooo all, sorry that I am late. Boss got hold of me last night and reminded me about the WoF.
I should be able to be there on Sunday.
I am a bit behind, so if someone can give me an update or just post any links I need to check.
I will try and do as much catchup as I can during the week.

For those that do not know me, I am a Lev1 sweater and I got and Opalo rifle and some pixi gear.

MP

Alllooooo all, sorry that I am late. Boss got hold of me last night and reminded me about the WoF.
I should be able to be there on Sunday.
I am a bit behind, so if someone can give me an update or just post any links I need to check.
I will try and do as much catchup as I can during the week.

For those that do not know me, I am a Lev1 sweater and I got and Opalo rifle and some pixi gear.

MP

Hey MP, good to see you again. We're doing most of the planning in the SA social group. Here is the link for anyone who is having trouble finding it: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/group.php?groupid=309.

Looks like we should have a good bunch together this Sunday :)

WoF 2012 Stage 1 Start/Finish Point

Sissipahaw Water Treatment Plant

(on the big bridge in the middle of it)

39480,33926, 118

Amethera

East-Northeast of Nate Valley TP

I will be there with the Judges that can make it, please arrive in good time for your hunt.

Main Team required in full
(4 members) to team with the Judge, or, if not enough Judges are available, for linking to FriendsLists for Pm contact.

Support Teams need not attend
, but if teams wish to keep a pm link with the Judge for scoring, they may.

Qualifier B will be Metal Weekend (Robot Stage), to be held in two weeks time. Moblist announced Monday evening.

Full Schedule of Hunt Dates:

AUGUST 25th/AUGUST 26th: Stage One Qualifier

SEPTEMBER 8th/SEPTEMBER 9th: Stage Two Qualifier

OCTOBER 6th/7th, 13th/14th, 20th/21st Stage 3 (3 weekends)

NOVEMBER 3rd/4th, 10th/11th, 17th/18th Stage 4: (3 weekends)

DECEMBER 1st: Stage 5: Semi-Finals

DECEMBER 15th: 3-Way Final.

Future Moblists to be announced as soon as each Stage is done, along with Start/Finish Points and updated Scores.

Please remember to NOMINATE A SCREENSHOT GUY OR GIRL; the more proof of your efforts the better. If you also keep chat log open and save the contents we can be sure of accuracy in the scores, and ability to cross-check any queries.

See you all there and good luck.

Hurrikane

WoF 2012 STAGE TWO: Qualifier B

Metal Weekend (Robot Round)

8th/9th September

Main: (Main Team size= 4)

Seg 02 and above: 10 Points
Warlock (any): 9 Points
Legionaire 03 and above: 8 Points
Seg 01: 7 Points
Warrior (any): 6 Points
Legionaire 01-02: 5 Points

Support (Support Score capped at 100 before bonuses)

Harbinger (any): 4 Points
Eviscerator (any): 3 Points
Trooper (any): 2 Points
Drone (any): 1 Points

Bonus Mob: Miner Bot (any): 25 Points

Start Point: 85027, 90642, Eudoria

A small inland island
just SW of Isslye TP. Nothing there but a few Allophyl Alphas, some WoF Judges and the chance to make history.

Thanks again to all involved making this WoF roll so smoothly... see you on the 8/9th:)

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR TIMESLOT REQUESTS AS SOON AS YOU CAN! (same choice of slots as last time).

(Unless of course you already have...)
Hurrikane

The Hunt Calendar for Stage 3, and the rest of the tournament, is as follows:

Stage 3: In your face! (3 weekends)
OCTOBER 6th/7th, 13th/14th, 20th/21st

Stage 4: (3 weekends)
NOVEMBER 3rd/4th, 10th/11th, 17th/18th

Stage 5: Semi-Finals:
DECEMBER 1st

Final:
DECEMBER 15th

So, without further ado, here's the....

STAGE 3 MOBLIST and SCHEDULE​

(This will appear in it's own thread but it's here for reference purposes)

Only the lower 8 teams will hunt these matches:

Main Team (4 Hunters):

Falxangius Provider and above 10 points
Thorifoid Elder and above 9 points
Neconu (any) 8 points
Thorifoid Shaman and below 7 points
Allophyl (any) 6 points
Falxangius Young-Old 5 points

Support

Oculus (any) 4 points
Traeskeron (any) 3 points
Thorio (any) 2 points
Gradivore (any) 1 point

Bonus Mob

Thorofoid/Thorafoid (any) 25
Group Stage Special Bonuses:

Highest Loot (Main Team) of match: 15 points

Winning a Match: 100 points toward Stage Total.

And also thanks to Kendra of LA 48 for sponsoring the Allophyls, and to OLA 64 for the Neconu.

SCHEDULE:

Stage 3 ROUND ONE: OCTOBER 6th/7th

Group A: Team GB vs Team ITALY..........&......Team ROCKTropia vs Team POLAND

Group B: Team CANADA vs Team EUDORIA..&.....Team FRANCE vs Team AFRICA

Stage 3 ROUND TWO: OCTOBER 13th/14th

Group A: Team GB vs Team POLAND.......&......Team ROCKTropia vs Team ITALY

Group B: Team CANADA vs Team AFRICA....&......Team FRANCE vs Team EUDORIA

Stage 3 ROUND THREE: OCTOBER 20th/21st

Group A: Team GB vs Team ROCKTropia....&.....Team POLAND vs Team ITALY

Group B: Team CANADA vs Team FRANCE...&....Team AFRICA vs Team EUDORIA

All those who have progressed straight to Stage 4, congratulations. You have proved yourselves worthy of a break. You may, however, assist any team that requires your help by joining their Support Teams on the day of their hunts. No need for anyone to feel left out:)

All those hunting in the Stage, PLEASE contact your opponents in each of the forthcoming matches and AGREE on a timeslot before PM'ing me, and do this as soon as you can.

The Timeslots are the same as we've seen so far, with the exception of the 23:00 saturday slot, which has not proved necessary.

Timeslot choices:

Sat 15:00, Sat 19:00/ Sun 09:00, Sun 13:00.

START/FINISH POINT

AMETHERA 20777, 29611, 524

524m high? Yes, it's up a mountain; Kudos to anyone who manages to DRIVE all the way up the hairpins (I seriously rolled my jeep!) but the more equipped among you may want to fly:)

If you have decided a time with your opponents, and pm'd me with the decision, thank you. If not, please do so soon.

Hurrikane

Best of luck to Team Africa today! May the best team win! :)

Another year and another WOF over for us:ahh:

We had our biggest assembled team since 2009 this year, and we'll prob be twice as large and stong in 2013. A big thanks and congratulations to everyone who turned up and helped our fight against the big teams this year.

Now get out there and get skilling :rocket::sniper::handgun:.........:bull:

World watch out Africa is only finding its feet and we will be back with a vengeance next year, also GL to all the teams still in the fight for the top spot.

Yep, I huge thank you to anyone who helped: shooting, healing, cheerleading.

It was great hunting with you guys :).

I'll be back next year with bigger guns and more hitpoints ;).

Yah, thanks to all. We had a nice sized team this year and a lot more participants. I am sure we can only get stronger from here :wise:

Thanks again Africa for your sportsmanship and your contribution to the WoF.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Back