WoF 2020... Hunt for your country! TRIBUTE TOURNAMENT

Rumple

Alpha
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Zyloc Zyloc Mist
Nice to see you back. Loved WoF before and will shoot for team GB or England or whatever is decided ;) :yay::yay:

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Imo one of the best part of this mmporg is community, in last years lot of players left because we lost the pleasure to play/show up to meet other passionate players over the world; FoF and WoF were a really great appointment, I had a stronger desire to know other connationals irl, after those matches; as a noob (that I'm still now :ahh:) was fantastic even only meet and chat with those farest uber with their shining long dreamed armor and gear and learn anything I could. My ped card always cries, but I was lucky enough to grow a bit in the game, I mean I'm not rich, but for sure I'm dumb enough to do my best to join, dunno if I'll shoot for three hours or three minutes, I don't mind any prizes, I never joined for those. It was for the laugh we had on skype with my team, chatting with judges, with opponents and the frenzy kicking mobs.
If you don't have the will or time to study a strategy no problem, just gather a team and hunt how much and what you desire, with the only rule to reach a starting/stopping waypoint, what's better?
(and who knows? Maybe some prizes will come eventually!)

Join us Fanan, just for fun :)

DRM
Squadra Italia ALWAYS entertained. The WoF wouldn't be the same without them. To this day, to get three globals consecutively in chat without a gap is called "doing an Italian." :)

DurakJung

Prowler
Society
The mental Kangaroos
Durakk Jung
Is WOF an acronym? I read all 3 pages of this thread hoping to find out and not once did anyone bother to say what the letters WOF stand for... What does it mean?

Yes it is World of Firepower. I think the first WoF may have been around 2007. I know I first participated in 2008.

WoF is basically Country based teams competing against each other like a virtual Olympics.

It was one of the best ways of people meeting in comradeship with a common goals.

Many friendships were made both local and overseas. Many meet ups were made in those days. I remember attending one in Melbourne Australia were 30 plus of the Australian team met and had an afternoon and night together. These people travelled from all over Australia and even New Zealand. Deathifier and David from Arkadia were there. This was before David established Arkadia. Great time had by all and some great friendships formed.

Entropia was more of a community based project. Missions while great for building up skills etc have changed a lot of entropia time more a one on one basis.

Team hunts, meetings at market towns, and just generally hanging out together was a major part of the game play. Of course this still goes on however a lot less as as we all become mission based.

Things like WoF bring players together that may not generally do so and is a big positive for the game.

Type 'WoF Entropia' into google for related links

safara

Mutated
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Angel Spike Sunny
Excerlent news :yay::yay:

And love the prizes being "good feelings" and kudos - so much better that way :)

2 months to get Team WoF Wales in action!!

Oleg

Mutated
Society
Rangers
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Excerlent news :yay::yay:

And love the prizes being "good feelings" and kudos - so much better that way :)

2 months to get Team WoF Wales in action!!
Dirk is trying to get a Team GB together if you're not feeling too Plaid Cymru after the election :D

safara

Mutated
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Angel Spike Sunny
Dirk is trying to get a Team GB together if you're not feeling too Plaid Cymru after the election :D
Heehee. Dont get me started on the state of the UK.

I like the idea of Team GB, but my heart is with competing with Team Wales, even if it is 4 of us - would be odd to enter a WoF on Planet Calypso as anything else :)

Rockchick

Marauder
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Jaqui Rockchick Jovi
Feeling more Plaid after all that! Wales has to have a WoF team sorry :yay:

Kitty

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Kitty Kitty Fire
Yay!! Welcome back and that's for starting this again! I am in! (Along with my soc ofc)

Adjusted Einar

Provider
Society
Shaolin
Einar Lee Yap
Yay!! Welcome back and that's for starting this again! I am in! (Along with my soc ofc)
Can't we leave the real world out of this and just have society competition or something besides nation against nation?

DurakJung

Prowler
Society
The mental Kangaroos
Durakk Jung
Can't we leave the real world out of this and just have society competition or something besides nation against nation?
Nice idea however the interest originally created by WoF, Nation against Nation far exceeds the appeal that may be raised in trying to get different Societies to compete against each other.

Much more fun to compete against another nation than your next door neighbour.

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Nice idea however the interest originally created by WoF, Nation against Nation far exceeds the appeal that may be raised in trying to get different Societies to compete against each other.

Much more fun to compete against another nation than your next door neighbour.
Agreed, if enough National teams take an interest I may refine the rules... but for now we just want teams. This event is happening a bit out of the blue but whether it ends up as a fun tribute or a full-on tournament is yet to be seen.

Hurrikane

Lars Sebra

Prowler
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Oh what great news :)
I want WoF Sweden to wake up

Kludge

Alpha
Society
Running with Scissors
Kludge
Great! Team leaders should make a thread for each county :>

I was the lowest player on team USA last time … hunted Merps
not a whole lot better now :> But willing to try!

Nioniel

Mature
Society
First Realm
Mel Nioniel Nightfire
Yay, WOF is back! :yay::yay::yay: I'm in for Team Wales, I've actually got a little firepower this time around (only a little though!) Do we have a thread yet *goes to check*

Sharron

Banned
Society
FreeLancer
Sharron Champion Macready
cool wof is still going :)

Count me in, used to be fun in support teams.

Nightmare069

Old Alpha
Society
Guess Who?
Ur Worst Nightmare
A 2 year break and i come back to WoF coming back! ... It must be destiny!

Let's Go Murica! :boxer::boxer::boxer::boxer: sign me up!