~ WOF AUSTRALIA / NEW ZEALAND ~ A Call to Arms!

After a fantastic effort by everyone, including support (highest support score ever!), we were humbled by an incredible team Romania.

The fact that we made it to the semi's and not just made it, but pulverised our way to it, is testament to the strength of the Aussie team.

I am proud to have fought alongside each and every one of you!

See you around Calypso :)

- Deathifier

I must say you had us (well at least me) very scared, Team Australia. You definetly were the big surprise in this years WoF. Amazing team.
Well fought! GG!

Unlucky guys :( Come join England and drown your sorrows in the form of beer :)

Really good show this year and a shame to see you leave the competition, you should all be very proud of what you have done in wof 2009.

It's true, Australia were clear favorites to win WoF 2009 from a very early stage, but no competition is complete without upsets.
Although you didn't make the finals this year, rest assured ur performance this time round has solidified ur position as a permanent top contender within the WoF competion, and in 2010 anyone that has the bad luck of having to play against you will know it.
Look forward to seeing u again next year. :)

The fact that we made it to the semi's and not just made it, but pulverised our way to it, is testament to the strength of the Aussie team.

Indeed, great tournament Australia. Great to see a new team emerge as a top contender, I'm sure you'll be a major force next year too.

Romania and Sweden were pretty much unstoppable today.

Well fought Team Australia!!! I think everyone in our team had at least some doubts that we can pulled it off.

Hats off to you for being such a worthy adversary, and I wish you GL next year.

From the start to the finish Thnx Aly Jod and all the rest who made a diference to our hart our sole and all the things that made a diference
WE LUB YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathifier View Post

Don't forget help from your NZ Neighbours ;)

Great Job Australia :wtg:

Hope to see u in next year final u really deserve it !!
(as someone stated in our private forum if we win this round we have to win the WoF)

:thumbup:

beermod.jpg

No one would of argued that anyone else deserved the win more than your Team!! See you next year!

Cheers Australia!!!!!!!!!11​

EBO

Very good WoF for you Australia! :)
Actually I had you as favorites to win WoF 2009!
Only Romania could stop you...

Thanks for all the nice remarks guys.... we came, we tried... but how good were Romania, just amazing.

Quite happy to be beaten by such an awe inspiring show.
:)

Shaz Monaro

Aussie/New Zealand Spirit

For an island country of around population 20 million spread over 7.6 million Km2 we have an endearing spirit recognised world wide. And New Zealand a group of islands to our east much smaller in size but equally as big in spirit. Our success in this event will mark the future for Australians and New Zealanders all over Calypso. The word is out............we are contenders.

Our support may not match European based countries but we will build on what we have. Now we know more about tactical response in the finals series of World Of Firepower I hope the War Esky will grow over the next year. That will ensure we have enough to "secure the right resources" for WOF 2010. Lets organise our own events aimed at making sure the Esky is splitting at the seams next year.

Last edited:
Well played you guys.... at least it was a good old clean fight, bloody hard some of those trox, 500+ crits, i think you guys had a great WOF.

Defeat is never nice, i am gutted we lost just the same as you guys probably are..... but sometimes you have to experience defeat to make yourself stronger and enjoy the the success.

See you guys next year ;)

lol everyone keeps going AUSTRALIA!!! AUSSIEE AUS AUS AUS!!! :p

lol... it's an australasian group ;)

Actually, who other than NZ/AUS partook? im curious

WoF New Zealand 2010 aye Predator?

I want 40 teams involved next year, and the moblists will be more progressive; I would welcome Team New Zealand with open arms:)

Hurrikane

dang i missed this year's WoF. is it possible for SE Asians to join Aus? seeing that there's no Team Asia.

dang i missed this year's WoF. is it possible for SE Asians to join Aus? seeing that there's no Team Asia.

There's a team China you know...

Plus u could always create a team Singapore, you might be surprised.

For an island country of around population 20 million spread over 7.6 million Km2 we have an endearing spirit recognised world wide. And New Zealand a group of islands to our east much smaller in size but equally as big in spirit. Our success in this event will mark the future for Australians and New Zealanders all over Calypso. The word is out............we are contenders.

Our support may not match European based countries but we will build on what we have. Now we know more about tactical response in the finals series of World Of Firepower I hope the War Esky will grow over the next year. That will ensure we have enough to "secure the right resources" for WOF 2010. Lets organise our own events aimed at making sure the Esky is splitting at the seams next year.

Apologies to New Zealand for not including you Post Edit. And yes an Australasian team seems like the way to go. "Australasian Call to Arms" Mmmm I like the sound of that.

Do a singapore team, get Tide Song to join.. and I will concider join'!! :)

lol everyone keeps going AUSTRALIA!!! AUSSIEE AUS AUS AUS!!! :p

lol... it's an australasian group ;)

Actually, who other than NZ/AUS partook? im curious

Actually mate it was always "Team Australia" as we intended it anyway.

The title of the call to arms thread was coined by Bags during the recruitment drive and was meant to unite all in our timezone in the southern hemisphere to join up.

The main hunt team was and always will be all Australian.
The whole team was probably around 95% Aussie at least although we had some great help from you guys in NZ as well as some smaller elements from Singapore, US and Italy.

I believe it was always Bags' intent that support was to be primarily from our region, therefore giving those countries like Singapore, NZ etc a chance to participate and be a part of the larger picture.
There are after all so many Kiwis living here and vice versa that it would have been rude and foolish to exclude you.

We never entered this comp with the intent, or the wallet, to hire so many outsiders as other teams do ;)

Not taking anything away from the Kiwi's contribution, on the contrary it was much appreciated.
If you feel strongly patriotic though I would suggest you start planning now for an NZ team next year.
Im sure there will be quite a few Aussies (myself included) that would be willing to help out where we can. ;)

Mate as suggested if you are keen for an asian team then speak to team China and advertise here and in game for others in your region.
Im sure you will be surprised as to how many responses you get ;)
Otherwise you are quite welcome to join us in support anytime.

Good luck all :)

If you feel strongly patriotic though I would suggest you start planning now for an NZ team next year.

It's nice for countries to have their own teams, and good for the competition for there to be more teams taking part.

I know there's a lot said about alliances, and you guys had your own fairly strong views on it this year. But personally I'd prefer to see a Aus team and a NZ team with a strong alliance, than just one combined team, and I doubt it'd make you any weaker.

We've done similarly in the past, without losing the patriotism in the individual teams. I think a UK team would detract from the competition, we'd lose two teams and some of the spirit. It was suggested last year and none of the teams really were overly keen on the idea.

Don't forget help from your NZ Neighbours ;)

I most certainly haven't forgotten :)

It's been just as big an honour to fight alongside the New Zealanders and those from other countries who pitched in to help out!

- Deathifier

I most certainly haven't forgotten :)

It's been just as big an honour to fight alongside the New Zealanders and those from other countries who pitched in to help out!

- Deathifier

hehe :) Cheers!!

... As for the previous comment, I believe the New Zealand player base is not large enough to form a team by itself - to be any good competition.

I considered Australia the strongest team at this WoF and I was convinced that it will be a very hard match. I am sorry you had a bad day at the wrong time. I am sure next year you will reach the final, because you showed you are a very strong team. Also, I expected England to make a lot more points, knowing how many they had in support in the final and that they have many strong players that can make a difference.
Good luck next year!

hehe :) Cheers!!

... As for the previous comment, I believe the New Zealand player base is not large enough to form a team by itself - to be any good competition.

I guess the question needs to be asked, do you enter WoF to win, or simply to represent your country. I personally think if you could get a New Zealand team together, regardless of whether you win or lose it will start you down a path of getting stronger. We will certainly do what we can to help you.

I guess the question needs to be asked, do you enter WoF to win, or simply to represent your country. I personally think if you could get a New Zealand team together, regardless of whether you win or lose it will start you down a path of getting stronger. We will certainly do what we can to help you.

lol that would be far too much commitment for me to handle! Not to mention the organizing!!! No thanks, I'll leave it for someone more experienced ^^

Hello Team Australia.

This is a little late (RL came along and f@cked me again) but no less heartfelt than it would have been on the day of the Semi-Finals; WELL DONE AUSTRALIA!

Your participation in WoF 2009 was exceptional, inspiring and awesome all at once. Record after record fell to your onslaught and only in the Semi-Finals did you do anything but decimate your opponents.

It's been a privilege to watch you all in action, true camaraderie on display, and I look forward to seeing you battle through next year's tournament.

Thanks for taking part.

Hurrikane

Thanks Hurrikane,

I know i will be there next year with bells on;). and hopefully bring some more aussies into the competition

Lexus

Back