WoF Breaking News!!!! Mob Revolt!!!!

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Chaos Dawns! Tournament Inspires Mob Revolt!

This just in from the planet's administrators; They relay to us that one of their teams of field operatives has brought in a worrying report. From analysis of the behaviour of some of the more intelligent species found on Calypso, it has been discovered that a growing resentment has formed within Mob ranks, a resentment against what has become for them a relentless annual slaughter; the WoF.
Included in the report is evidence that the Tribal Mobs had been planning a retaliation against the Tournament for some time. A widespread operation of applying a herbal accellerant to dozens of different predatory beasts had been in place for months. The report mentioned Mobs in cages and held in underground bunkers, hundreds upon hundreds of a size very rarely seen, but we cannot verify any of the findings as yet.
More worrying was the mention of the construction of a transmitter in Tribal Lands. Although hastily dismantled after a single day, the operatives fear it was being used to summom re-inforcements of some kind. Their fears were compounded when the signal was traced to Robot Ships fleeing to Akbal Cimi after the recent conflict. We can only hope the signal was not answered.
We also have reports of people being killed by something so small and quick it has yet to be identified, doubtless another part of the vengeful plan of the Tribal Mobs.
The Company have responded to this news by adding as yet unspecified Weaponry and Winners certificates to the existing prize of this years WoF Champions Jackets for each Main Team member. Runner-Up prizes of Weaponry and Attachments and Certificates will also be supplied.
From WoF HQ comes the announcement that mystery prizes will be given to Support Teams who are first to Global on both support team mobs and the bonus mob in selected matches in later stages. It is hoped with these further incentives we can overcome whatever dark end the Mobs have in store. The only translation of their final edict came out simply as "the age of panic".
Scoring will also be amended to include an extra variety boost for scoring each possible number of points (5, 6, 7, 8 ,9+10) as well as each species of mob, and the Support Variety Boost will be doubled from last year.
The last advice in the report was to be ready for anything. Anything at all.

We at WoF HQ ask you brave competitors to stand firm in these tumultuous times and remember what you fight for....
For Flag, For Fun, For Glory!

Hurrikane:)

P.S. The first release of the Qualifier A Moblist for March 7/8 will be at the Launch Party on Feb 28th (approximately 21:00). It will be posted in the Forum later that night.

wof_2009_forum_header_74836.jpg

Yes, things just moved up a notch...

Last edited:
I'm keen to wipe to these dam mobs of the face of the planet.
The mutant attacks are obvioulsy their way of finding our weaknesses, and I wonder if the signal was sent asking the aliens to come down to calypso?

Love the idea of a prize for support too :)

Bladdy Hell!!!!

Mobs of Unusual Maturity!!

As yet Unseen Mobs!!!!

More Prizes for winners AND the Support Teams!!

Even Prizes for Support teams that don't get to the final!!!

Cages underground full of WoF mobs waiting to be unleashed!!!

It's all a bit too much. I may need to site down for a moment...

Sod that!!! Where's me gun :sniper:

Bladdy Hell!!!!

As yet Unseen Mobs!!!!

....someone noticed:)

Hurrikane

Its all getting rather serious and intense... and we are still weeks away from starting. Cant wait.

and will the varity bonus count towards the Support point cap? :ahh:

will the varity bonus count towards the Support point cap? :ahh:

Yes it will.

The support caps have got a lot of enquiries, so lets discuss them now;
They are there for several reasons, the biggest being;
1. They make it sightly easier for smaller teams with less support to achieve a competitive score.
2. They reduce pressure to spend quite so much money in these tighter economic times.

What the Support Caps do not do is make the Tournament any less exciting. tactical or competitive. It increases the role of close Support (helping the Main Team in their efforts, which they may need this year more than before) and adds to the depth of planning needed to win.

And, as the caps are increased incrementally and eventually vanish, any lasting dislike of them should cease to be an issue later on:)

Hurrikane

"the age of panic" :eek:

The last advice in the report was to be ready for anything. Anything at all.

Getting ready :drink: :tele: :sniper: :handgun:

Oh man! You on drugs! LOL!

Bladdy Hell!!!!

As yet Unseen Mobs!!!!

Gonna be the best WoF yet (til next year anyway ;)) Looking forward to all the surprizes in store and the long hours online talking shite while trying to record the scores :wtg:

WoF 2009 is gonna be Awesome, folks...

Assemble your teams, watch for news and updates in These forums...

Be afraid if you want, but Get Excited :thumbup:

:handgun:

From WoF HQ comes the announcement that mystery prizes will be given to Support Teams who are first to Global on both support team mobs and the bonus mob in selected matches in later stages.

As I presume we don't have to give a list off support again this year, how will they know who is in the support team. And also are main team peeps acting as support counted as support ? :scratch2:

Not sure if this is the place to ask this.

As I presume we don't have to give a list off support again this year, how will they know who is in the support team. And also are main team peeps acting as support counted as support ? :scratch2:

Not sure if this is the place to ask this.

What is up for grabs is the SCAR award,
for Slaughtering Comprehensively and Rapidly.
There will be 3 sets of prizes available, one for each of the 3 matches in the Semi.

The prizes will be a "Mystery Weapon Item" for each team member.

This will be done in the Semi-Final. The 6 teams to reach there will have been through a lot.

It will be a Battle of the Support Teams, for the Semi-Finals only, and as such there are slight allowances.

How it'll work:

The Support Team to claim the award must have the same team name and no extra members (but members can have left during the match), in each of the 3 globals counted towards the victory.

The prize will be given to the Support Team that globals quickest on BOTH Support Mobs AND the Bonus Mob from the Semi-Final Moblist.

Screenshots must be submitted to verify:

1. Time of Global.
2. Team Members' List.
3. Name of Team.
4. Mob, Maturity, Loot amount

The Support Team submitting the Screenshots CAN include Main Team members not on the Hunt Team for that match.
Globals that occur before the Go Go GO!!!! of each match are not counted (all start times will be recorded as published start times often change slightly on the day).

The only requirement of the Support Team in the SCAR award other than this is that there are AT LEAST 8 MEMBERS per competing team.

This is stop hundreds of teams of two trying to get 2 big prizes instead of 12 smaller ones. The Teams allowed will be 8-12 in member numbers, and the prizes will be the same.

FOR THE SCAR AWARD ONLY: To prevent Support Teams operating for the same country cheating each other out of getting "all 3" (i.e. if one team gets the Bonus Mob and the other doesn't, or if the Main Team get the Bonus), the Bonus Mob can be globalled on by each individual Support Team (i.e. more than once per match).
However, for the purposes of the WoF itself, as usual, only the FIRST Bonus Mob scored for any country will be recorded in the Scores.

Prizes will be handed out either at the Final or a later date when Team Members are available, once Screenshots have been verified.

Hope this is enough to explain it:) Awarding Support Prizes was always going to be tricky, this seems to work.

Hurrikane

***NEWS JUST IN***

Extra Spawn of Malcruentors spotted on EUDORIA.....

1399, 15520

There be dragons..... and they're here for us.......:)

Hurrikane

Hi Hurri,
no Malcruentor at the coord you gave,
but found two strong fugabarba alpha rotfl.

***NEWS JUST IN***

Extra Spawn of Malcruentors spotted on EUDORIA.....

1399, 15520

There be dragons..... and they're here for us.......:)

Hurrikane

Those coords appear to be in the water, off the coast of the Phasm LA.

Hi Hurri,
no Malcruentor at the coord you gave,
but found two strong fugabarba alpha rotfl.

Oh there be dragons there (seems the spawn button was pushed this time for sure, but someone is having a laugh with the dragons, look at my radar :laugh:)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Also checked around most of the other mobs on the list and the spawns seem to be up quite nicely :)

Edit: kept stretching the forum with the photo so changed it to thumb. RJ, the coords are in the blue desert, not too far away from the upped hisps.

D'oh... I was on Amethera... :ahh:

But I did find several of these over there...

malcruentor_stalker.jpg

Oh there be dragons there (seems the spawn button was pushed this time for sure, but someone is having a laugh with the dragons, look at my radar :laugh:)

Also checked around most of the other mobs on the list and the spawns seem to be up quite nicely :)

Edit: kept stretching the forum with the photo so changed it to thumb. RJ, the coords are in the blue desert, not too far away from the upped hisps.

Nice Radar!!! :eek:

darri
:laugh:

The Tezlapod and Scaboreas are spawning now... location:

Eudoria 3434, 13721 atm

I looted Paladin Arms lol

The Tezlapod and Scaboreas are spawning now... location:

Eudoria 3434, 13721 atm

I looted Paladin Arms lol

Well.... Entropedia claims up to Provider there... I am seeing Guards - Alpha. There is a debate on if they are increased or not :laugh:

Stay tuned

The scabs and tezlas are definately increased above pvp 1 as promised ( I got some gremlin gloves out there that gave me no global despite the 67 ped tt value :scratch2:), as are the blue desert hisps and the molisks where I looked anyway. Only places I didn't check were molisks east of argus, nor the scabs that used to be around with the hisps and feffs (didn't want to try to fight my way through the hisps to see if the scabs were around :laugh:). My first impression is that MA did what they said they would this time, and more based on the malcs.

Phasms is NDs land area, will check them later this evening maybe but he also said there would be a nice spawn of youngs in a corner somewhere.

The situation in the Blue Zone...

The situation in the Blue Zone...

LOL why do I so want that pic sprayed down the side of my RV?

Hurrikane

For those that do not know yet, the Malcruentor spawn seems to be centered around these coords:

Code:
              North Edge:
                14, 157

West Edge:                    East Edge: 
  11, 155                        16, 155

South Edge:
                14, 153

So in a nutshell, it is a 500m square patch of nothing but large Malcruentor :thumbup:

Back