*** WoF England 2008 ***

Well then ... now that we've gone way off topic and ripped Eastenders to bloody bits, how about giving me a better program to peek in on while we're here. :D ... or not! :wise:

Well then ... now that we've gone way off topic and ripped Eastenders to bloody bits, how about giving me a better program to peek in on while we're here. :D ... or not! :wise:

TopGear :yay:

Hmmm, well Big Brother and The Apprentice seem to be popular watching. But I can't bring myself to recommend them.

To be fair, if my TV comes on at all this coming week its likely to either be for the football or Wimbledon.

But OK, British TV. Hmmm. QI on Friday night for some quirky humour. Dr Who on Saturday night is a bit of an institution but imo you guys do sci-fi way better than we do sadly. Countdown on weekday afternoons, now that's British lol :D

Only Fools and Horses would be perfect but I don't think there's any re-runs of it on at the moment, at least not on the five terrestrial channels. Something like Inspector Morse would be good too, but again I don't think its on.

But OK, British TV. Hmmm. QI on Friday night for some quirky humour. Dr Who on Saturday night is a bit of an institution but imo you guys do sci-fi way better than we do sadly.

The Dr Who episode last night was awesome :yay:

Top Gear and Only Fools and Horses are good.

As for Countdown, I once heard an interesting rumour about the contents of Carol Vorderman's laundry basket.:D

QI is a great show :) but I think British tv is going through a bad period atm, I cant really think of any current shows to rec to you :scratch2:

Tbh, Lost is my fav atm but I still play the occational "Blackadder" dvd - but I don't think it would go well in the american market.

[YOUTUBE]TmqbO-lY0LM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2xTm7Z_6Dcs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]r3ZvI3_q0n0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
MS9 - Stuff like QI, Have I got news for you, Spooks, Ultimate Force, Whose line is it anyway, Blackadder, The Young Ones, ummm, sure there are more, but nothing current really...... Agree with Tekkie on that one

DONT BLA BLA BLA ME MATE!!

:vampire: :vampire:

Heehee, welcome to the world of living dangerously.....

Antiques Roadshow! :wise: ;)

Jamhot

Blackadder yes good call.

I didn't watch it, I'll trust your judgement and watch it on the BBCi player later :)

Minder is a good classic too. Currently on ITV4.

Shameless!

Its isn't on atm MS9, but if you get chance download one of the series. :wise:

*imagines MS9's face the first time she watches an episode

:holyshit:

:laugh:

:holyshit:

:ahh:

:rofl:

get a good picture of England though the last few decades, Only Fools... for the 80's & early 90's, Men Behaving Badly (series 2 onwards) for the 90's and Shamless for the naughties. and if you like Scifi, Red Dwarf is great as a parody for Star Trek and its ilk.

Shameless lol yes. Teachers I liked early on too.

I was strangely dissapointed... next weeks the one though...

and did you hear the track I used for the WoF video when they started talking about Bad Wolf?

140 pages lol, like i can be assed to go through that. Suffice to say this years WoF was great fun. Will be there next year too:) Gratz main team.

Teachers was great!!! :laugh: gotta love Peepshow too!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuMFGhGdYnE[/YOUTUBE]​

Jamhot

Last edited:
WOW :eek: ... thank you for taking the time to give your recommendations.

blowingkiss.gif

I plan to check them all out ... but that's providing I can get the hook-up somehow here in the good ol' US of A. Some sound really, really interesting, AND ... should I tune into some of them, I will be sure to give my opinions of each. :D I have even gotten some recommendations via PM (probably to keep from taking this thread even more off topic :laugh: ), and I will check those out too. :wtg:

This is quite the friendly group indeed ... and I thank you for being so embracing of my purpleness. I shall do my best not to rub your colors the wrong way, but no promises. :vampire: *just kidding* ;)

blowingkiss.gif

I'm loving this piccy-wic, so much so I have stolen it!!

muhahahahhahah :cool:

:wtg: :laugh: :wtg:

:silly2:

blowingkiss.gif

I'm loving this piccy-wic, so much so I have stolen it!!

muhahahahhahah :cool:

:wtg: :laugh: :wtg:

:silly2:

Not a problem Chickie, ENJOY! :silly2: I'll see if I can come up with some other really cool ones as time goes by. :D

*now what the hell was this thread about?*

*now what the hell was this thread about?*

That's the interesting thing about Team England MS9, we kinda go on flavour of the day :laugh:

Dont worry, you will catch on in time, odd fight here and there, some Eastender's, some controversy, some laugh's.. all good stuff really :yay:

That's the interesting thing about Team England MS9, we kinda go on flavour of the day :laugh:

Dont worry, you will catch on in time, odd fight here and there, some Eastender's, some controversy, some laugh's.. all good stuff really :yay:

Well then ... I'm really going to enjoy this place! :yay:

Thanks a bunch!
GoldArrow.gif
... that one's for you JimmyB! ;)

*meant in a VERY positive way*

Well if we are recommending the best of British TV, I must list a few;

Comedy

Recent: Big Train, Green Wing, Nathan Barley, League of Gentlemen, The Fast Show, Peep Show, Spaced, Black Books, Little Britain, The Office, IT Crowd, Shooting Stars, Alan Partridge, Armstrong & Miller, Nighty Night.

Of course there are the classics like Blackadder, Faulty Towers, Monty Python, The Young Ones, The 2 Ronnies, Only Fools and Horses etc.

You cannot go wrong with that list ^^ if you like dramas too try "Spooks" and "Cape Wrath", veh veh good.

Father Ted!

[YOUTUBE]lESQ0ejN79I[/YOUTUBE]

Back