WoF Opalo Hunt for a HoF

The mix of people on this was awesome, but the people who would have got the most from it were thin on the ground...new guys who only have opalos and can't hunt bigger mobs usually...next time maybe we should make sure more of them know about it and we'll have a recordbreaking hunt :)

Apart from what's already been said, three things really stand out about this and make it awesome. :-

Everyone can have a go, and everyone has fun from n00b to uber...it's not impossible to sweat the required ammo costs.

A huge thing, it wouldn't work without...TRUST...the team leaders took all the loot and it was split. That could be an issue but it wasn't and won't ever be. It's important for any joint endeavour to have trust. Says a lot about the team leaders and organisers that it wasn't ever an issue.

Time. How can you have a full evening of fun for 20 ped like this doing anything else? That's 20 bombs, a matter of minutes hunting for most of us, god knows how fast crafting could eat it :laugh: From 7.30pm UK time to almost 11.00pm for me on this event, I lost track of time. That's awesome considering we actually came home in profit :laugh: .

I'm pretty sure this is the only "event" I've ever seen with no whining or problems..but there again MA didn't organise it :laugh:

Next one is Saturday in England support teams, the only difference is that there's no weapon limit, easier mobs maybe, and prizes. Same team sizes and rules and probably leaders. Come and play ;)

We're due a HOF and you don't want to miss that do you? :D

t

The mix of people on this was awesome, but the people who would have got the most from it were thin on the ground...new guys who only have opalos and can't hunt bigger mobs usually...

t

Yes, that was a nice bonus indeed.

I got my Opalo almost maxxed, and I could complete my Lvls for the Breer M2a gun the same evening. :handgun:

Ooooo that reminds me I have loot for 4 people from my team!!! P.M. on here if you were in my team!!!

It was an awesome night indeed I thoroughly enjoyed it.

All the best,

Jamhot

Continuing the Dasp discussion, even if we tried it and it didn't work we could easily switch to Caperons or Cornoanterions which would definitely work.

So it's certainly doable, we'd just need to book some pilots in advance which I'm sure wouldn't be any problem.

Might lose a few people though since having to fly would reduce the low-cost factor of the event a bit.

The mix of people on this was awesome, but the people who would have got the most from it were thin on the ground...new guys who only have opalos and can't hunt bigger mobs usually...next time maybe we should make sure more of them know about it and we'll have a recordbreaking hunt :)

Yeah, the beauty of events like this is that there's appeal for everyone. Nice to get a mix of all levels of player, all having fun together. That's what it's all about really.

@Jimmy

Im sure Pinky & Rain will be more then happy to work on this Event, maybe call in ND's ship(s) even? :D

@Jimmy

Im sure Pinky & Rain will be more then happy to work on this Event, maybe call in ND's ship(s) even? :D

Yeah indeed, it shouldn't be too difficult to organise. I think we have a hangar owner or two amongst the England squad in fact.

If we got five or six pilots involved it wouldn't take too long to shuttle everyone up and down, the only problem would be the cost of flying would be more than the cost of ammo I think. So we might lose appeal for some of the newcomers, but I think we'd still get a good turnout just for the fun of it.

Right up front count me in if an opalo Dasp hunt gets planned :wtg: Happy to help in any way with that idea as well, was going to try to get one of the old 'if you are around and wanna join' Dasp hunts together after CL this week, sorta off topic but anyone up there on Sunday give me a shout if interested.

Now back on topic, opalo hunts rock :yay:

Well since we'd lose the newcomers we might as well switch to the not-so n00b player ;)

For instance Breer M2a's all maxed and amped!
Would be a kickass sight, as well as do more Damage, the Dasps can blow out an entire team with just 1 360 :D

If we are to take say 25 man with amped maxed M2a's I think wed have a better chance of survival!

Lilac suggested last night that we could perhaps get Neverdie to sponsor something like the Dasp hunt. I imagine he'd be keen to get 67 people up to CND so maybe he could fix us up with some free flights :)

next hunt will be this Saturday 6th June
@ 11:30am MA time
meet at Atlas Island South

Note this will be different from the Opalo hunt we did.
See below for differences.

This will be an actual WoF hunt, England vs Italy.

You can choose not to use opalo on this one and hunt with England squad.

We will still have opalo groups for those who wish to use opalo.
The opalo groups will be hunting in single groups. This is easier to manage.
Within the group each person keeps what they loot and can start with however much ammo they like. Items looted over 50peds would be equally split with the whole group.

The type of Opalo hunt we did Earlier will be repeated again and as you can see is different from this one. Details of that will be posted later.

Lilac suggested last night that we could perhaps get Neverdie to sponsor something like the Dasp hunt. I imagine he'd be keen to get 67 people up to CND so maybe he could fix us up with some free flights :)

I'm guessing a nice HOF on those things will get him some nice cash to, so it can't hurt to ask right :)

I made a nice little movie from the hunt to, post a comment if you like it (and of course also if you don't like it)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u6LJ13Y_4E[/YOUTUBE]

Well since we'd lose the newcomers we might as well switch to the not-so n00b player ;)

For instance Breer M2a's all maxed and amped!
Would be a kickass sight, as well as do more Damage, the Dasps can blow out an entire team with just 1 360 :D

If we are to take say 25 man with amped maxed M2a's I think wed have a better chance of survival!

IF we did that ..may as well just make it Plasma Platoon for a hunt. Risk losing some peds and if not..sponsoring the opalo event with what comes once the cost is calculated.

TBH I enjoyed the smaller and MUCH more powerful PP almost as much but for different reasons. Big mobs have no chance against 20 plasmas and rarely come close enough to hit even.

The real reason for this hunt was collecting firepower of all and any kind for England support though...fun as it was, so will Saturday be when we win and some OJ with his opalo played his part on that victory ...that's priceless :yay:

t

PS Jam drank the loot :silly2:

Just a little piece of movie I thought was funny. It's a zoom-in on the radar just as we left to run to the Land Area.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPmIYbJpvVU[/YOUTUBE]

Nice vids there RAZER!

That radar was crazy, glad someone caught it on tape!

next hunt will be this Saturday 6th June
@ 11:30am MA time
meet at Atlas Island South

Note this will be different from the Opalo hunt we did.
See below for differences.

This will be an actual WoF hunt, England vs Italy.

You can choose not to use opalo on this one and hunt with England squad.

We will still have opalo groups for those who wish to use opalo.
The opalo groups will be hunting in single groups. This is easier to manage.
Within the group each person keeps what they loot and can start with however much ammo they like. Items looted over 50peds would be equally split with the whole group.

The type of Opalo hunt we did Earlier will be repeated again and as you can see is different from this one. Details of that will be posted later.

Wof match soon ...not long now, still time to get ready and join

Next WoF Match is Sunday 14th June
@ 8:00am MA time
meet at Atlas Island South @ 7:30am MA time

This will be an actual WoF hunt, England vs Scotland.

Next WoF Match is Sunday 14th June
@ 8:00am MA time
meet at Atlas Island South @ 7:30am MA time

This will be an actual WoF hunt, England vs Scotland.

im confused this is England vs Scotland and it is held at 7am BST :scratch2:

why on earth is it so early?

im confused this is England vs Scotland and it is held at 7am BST :scratch2:

why on earth is it so early?

the match starts 8:00am MA time. In England that would be 9am. We meet at 7:30am MA time (8:30am in England). So the time you quoted is incorrect.

Wof matches have particular slots and for this match we are in Slot E which starts at 8am MA time. Join the England WoF thread and you will be aware of these and other small bits of info ;)

Sounds great!
You can absolutely count me in!

uh maybe you should sign up for the new opalo hunt and not for the one that has already happend :)

all righty i'm in sounds fun:wtg:

Back