WoF Pro Series Run 9 "Free-For-All"

Chopper

Elite
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Chopper McHelicopter
NOTE:
This is a monthly event, NOT the ANNUAL World of Firepower Tournament.
Please see the WoF 2009 Info & Rules thread for all WoF 2009 issues:)

WoF08Logo-ProSeries.jpg

Announcing Run 9 of the Wof Pro Series

Free-For-All!

And so, 2008 draws to a close, and since it's the end of a fine year, the last Run of 2008 will feature No Maturity Restrictions Whatsoever.
That's right, you can be as immature as you like ;)

WoF Pro Series Winners so far have been:

Run 1 : M2S Legends
Run 2 : Sex on Ice
Run 3 : WoF England 2009
Run 4 : TDO
Run 5 : Maffoid Challenge
Run 6 : Angel Shadow Heart
Run 7 : The Consortium
Run 8 : The Consortium

How good would your name look on this list?

Run 9 commences:
12:00 (MA) on Weds 23rd Dec 2008

Run 9 Ceases:
12:00 (MA) on Tues 20th Jan 2009

And so, the Run 8 Mob-list looks like this:

1. Hogglo (Any Maturity) LA34 6900/17900

2. Phasm (Any Maturity) LA38 1630/3100

3. Kingfisher (Any) LA34 6900/17900

4. Atrax (Any Maturity) LA04 19600/9800

5. Longu (Any Maturity) LA05 19800/11100

Here's a link to Land Area details from Entropedia
All the Land Areas featured are "Outback" areas
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=LandArea

That's right, the same 5 mobs apply, but you are welcome to take on
Any Maturity You Like,
They All Score :)

The Prizes for the winning teams in Run 9 are as follows:

1st Place: 1700 Ped

2nd Place : 700 Ped

3rd Place : 500 Ped

Yes, Hunting for CASH PRIZES!

And an increased pot this month following a Rollover :thumbup:

All prize money is donated by our sponsor NeverDie. In addition a proportion of the prize fund goes to the World of Firepower Treasury, so by competing in the WoF Pro Series, you are helping to ensure the success of future Festival of Firepower and World of Firepower Events.

WoF Pro Series

Free to Enter, and Open to All

:handgun:

For the uninitiated:

The WoF Pro Series is a World of Firepower style Team Hunt Monthly competition, Free to Enter, and Open to All. Only now it's open to Solo Hunter too. Teams can be any size 2 - 12, and the object is to global on each of the 5 mobs, in the stated Land Area. The TT Value of each global becomes the score for that global. The total value of your best 5 globals, 1 from each scoring mob, becomes your team's Total Score. You can even go out and improve your score, by bagging a better global on a mob, and then posting it - your score wil be updated.

For a full summary of the Rules and Instruction see the WoF Pro Series (WPS) Thread, but it's pretty obvious what is required.

The main thing to know is that your first global screenshot will Set the Team List, if you are in a team. Subsequent globals from that team can include any or all of the established team, but NOT new people. Obviously the Team name should also match, but I will forgive errors like spacing and Capitals, as long as it's clearly the same team.
Soloists can post in any order, as long as they post within 48 hours of the global. Spelling, for them, will not be an issue.

There are only a few changes to the rules as stated previously:

1. A print of the map is No Longer required, just time and location.

2. All screenshots MUST be posted with 48 hours of the Global for it to be valid.

3. Solo Hunters are now welcome to submit entries.

4. An individual entrant is entitled to be involved in a maximum of TWO (2) entries, so you can submit a solo entry AND be in a Team, you can have 2 Solo Entries if you prefer and are able, You may be in 2 different teams if they let you. Conceivably a team have submit a second entry, with all the same member but a different name ("WPS Whatever 2" is acceptable), provided none of them have Another entry aswell. Globals submitted showing a member in a third entry will be automatically disallowed.

Please post all global screenshots in THIS thread.

Team names in the format "WPS - {whatever}" please.

The 48-hour Rule will ensure that the thread, and the competition, is kept alive and kicking from start to finish. It also gives every team the chance to see how the competition is doing and to improve on their own scores, for that IS allowed. In fact it is encouraged...

The "Only 2 Entries each" rule ensures that no one player can totally monopolise the prizes, however a First and a Second is possible, but no-one has managed it, yet...

So that's it, you know what to do, you know what to hunt, you know when to start, and when to stop. And I'm pretty sure you know how to KILL!

GO TO IT!

There will, I have no doubt, be questions. Feel free to post any and all queries, problems, questions, concerns and clarifications in this thread. Whinges should be written clearly, in ink, on a sheet of A4 paper, and binned.

Last edited:
Reserved for Stuff :)

Kinfly Moderator, please Stickify this thread :thumbup:

Good old MA...

Finally we are seeing a good number of decent events from them...

Eomon migration with spider babies, Bot Attack and now Merry Mayhem with seriously worth having prizes...

I think I detect the fair hand of Marco at work. He did tell us he had alsorts of plans for events and storylines, and he seems to be making good on his promises.

Good Man :thumbup:

Sadly, it seems to be affecting attendance in My events though...

Ah well...

Bump :(

WoF 2008 subforum got closed for posting. I've moved to WoF 2009 for now, so posting is enabled again.

Might be worth editing in a bit on the first post that makes it clear to WoF-noobs that this is distinct from the WoF 2009 main tournament.

WPS "consortium"

1ST 2 entries for : WPS "consortium"

Force Majeure
Pink Pussycat Panther

Kingfisher 110 ped:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Hogglo 224 ped:

Happy New Year

Pink

WPS "consortium"

WPS "consortium" completes entry

Phasm 278:

Atrax 229:

Longu 53:

Here by we have 5 globals and completed the entries

Greetings,

WPS "consortium"

Pink Pussycat Panther

Upgrade

Longu 56 ped :

Kind Regards,

WPS "consortium"

Pink Pussycat Panther

: WPS "consortium"

Kingfisher 110 ped
Hogglo 224 ped
Phasm 278
Atrax 229
Longu 56 ped

Aaaaand they're Off!

A formidable start from the Consortium...

897 points

Challengers, please form an orderly Queue... ;)

Don't Forget, Kids...

This month's WPS features an Increased Prize Fund...

2900 Peds, in CASH!

Submit your Globals in this thread...

You still have a week to go!

:thumbup:

Well well...

January is proving to be a slow month...

I'm seriously considering assembling a team of Hounds and competing for some of this prize money myself, provided no-one has any objections...

Hounds still have to submit screenies same as everyone else, so there is no way to cheat. And besides, i won't have Any impropriety in my event of any kind...

Prizes this month are:

1st place : 1700 peds
2nd place : 700 peds
3rd place : 500 peds

And right now only the Consortium have submitted an entry...

Who will challenge them?

Run 9 of the WPS will cease on Tues 20th Jan at Midday...

2 weekends and 1 week remain to get an entry in.

Bag yourselves some WoF Cash asap :thumbup:

Must score on all 5 mobs?

I'm seriously considering assembling a team of Hounds and competing for some of this prize money myself, provided no-one has any objections...

Hounds still have to submit screenies same as everyone else, so there is no way to cheat. And besides, i won't have Any impropriety in my event of any kind...

Indeed, go for it :)

Aye.

Yes indeed...

One global from each of the 5 is enought for a valid entry. Later you can improve your score by simply getting a better score on any of the 5, but this month you might not need to. As it stands at the moment any valid entry will be straight into a ped winning slot...

Hi Jimmy,

since WoF 2008 is closed for posting maybe the original thread of WPS can be moved to the 2009 forum too?

Anyways friendly bump,

still 7 days to go to win a prize in this awesome event!!!!

Get your teams ready peeps!

Pink

since WoF 2008 is closed for posting maybe the original thread of WPS can be moved to the 2009 forum too?

I could do, but I'm not sure what purpose it'd serve? The posts in it mainly relate to Run 1, and the first post has some rules which have since changed. So I think its more likely to cause confusion than anything else.

But if you all think its a good plan, just give me a yell and I'll move it.

I Made some changes, I couldnt post it in PM

Hi Chopper, I made some changes in the WPS thread,
I would have loved to send it in pm but the message was too long.
So just go through it and see if its correct.
And ofc the post can be edited to its original size, incl image. :)
And then maybe it can be added to the WoF 2009 subforum.
Just trying to help.

***WoF PRO-SERIES (WPS)***

(Image Missing:)

This is the WoF Pro-Series, where teams and solo hunters can compete for cash prizes in month-long WoF-Style events which will help to raise money for the WoF Treasury (See other Sticky Thread “WoF Treasury” ). These events, in the spirit of the WoF, are free to enter and open to all.

There are some Rules though.

Each Round of the WoF Pro-Series will be approximately 4 weeks/1 month.

Scoring: Teams must Global at least once on 5 different mobs. (For new runs check WPS runs #..)This gives 5 screenshots to submit per entry. The winner each month will be the Team/Solo Hunter who gained the highest TT-Value of Loot from their 5 Globals combined. There are also Cash Prizes for Second and Third.

Screenshots must accompany each Global.

All mobs must be hunted in the LA’s specified.

Screenshots must show:
Mob and Maturity,
Team List,
Timestamp
Location (Map preferred),
Loot.

If details are missed, scroll up to be sure and take another. We’ll accept partial screenies if the other parts are there too.

You can collect the required Globals in any order; only screenshots from the corresponding month will be permitted, and all screenies have to be posted within 48 hours of the Global/HOF in order to be valid for the event.

Special Not-Complicated-At-All Team Rules:

Teams MUST be named “WPS(Team Name Here)” to be eligible. National Team names are not mandatory, but no profanity.

Teams can be any size, from 2-12. The same team must feature in all Globals.
BUT: Teams can Lose Members.

What this means: The ideal result in a WoF Pro-Series hunt would be a Team of say 4 or 5 hunters going out and getting all 5 globals in a mad two-hour hunt and sending in their screenshots for their entry. If however, the team only got 3 of the 5 globals, before 2 members ctd’ or had to go to work etc, the remaining team members can still carry on. Any Team members who feature in Earlier Submitted Globals before they left can re-join the team later to help complete the 5.
If you have entered 5 Globals but for example get a better Kingfisher on another day, you can change the entry to include it if the same team (by the rules above) was used.
What you CAN’T do is ADD NEW team members. If you want to make a new team with other avatars, it will form a NEW entry which should include all 5 globals by THAT team.

In short: As Time-Stamps are included in each Screenshot, the order of the globals is known.... the Team is anyone who was in the First Global People can not be there in later Globals, but no EXTRA people.

The Prizes are:

1500 PED: 1st Prize
600 PED: 2nd Prize
300 PED: 3rd Prize.

For each event, a minimum of 1600pedwill be added to the WoF Treasury by Bank NEVERDIE. The success of these events will see this increase.

All screenshots must be submitted to the WoF Pro-Series Globals Thread for evaluation.

Prizes will be awarded in-game.

There will be events held until the start of WoF 2009 and beyond, and results will feature on a LeaderBoard in this forum.

Thanks for reading, good luck to all!

Hurrikane

The WoF Pro-Series (WPS) has been created in association with Bank NEVERDIE

ThanX Pink :thumbup:

I gave your excellent summary a few tweaks and adeed the WPS Banner, then posted it in all the WoF Team threads, inviting them all to use the WPS as a practice arena, with potential prizes...

It's a bit cheeky really, but sod it, it's not like it's unrelated unsolicited spam, it's about the WoF and for the benefit of the WoF, so I think I'll get away with it...

Noticed some WPS Rising Potential globals tonight so I'll be interested to see how they do when they post em.

ThanX for your awesome assistance, you Rock audibly :thumbup:

Noticed some WPS Rising Potential globals tonight so I'll be interested to see how they do when they post em.

We had a good start :)
Things slowed down a little after that :rolleyes:

1st global
This is our team
Hogglo 558 peds

Phasm 61 peds

Atrax 65 peds

Longu 56 peds

Kingfisher 82 peds

Better Late Than Never

So we got our feet wet, hopefully we can improve a bit before end time.

Hogglo 182

Phasm 63

Longu 53

Kingfisher 56

Atrax 109

It's on!

WPS consortium, mobilizing.

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

Hogglo 558 peds
Phasm 61 peds
Atrax 65 peds
Longu 56 peds
Kingfisher 82 peds

Rising Potentials, 5 good globals, 1 good entry = 822 points

Hogglo 182
Phasm 63
Longu 53
Kingfisher 56
Atrax 109

Twin Goes Hunting, 5 good globals, 1 good entry = 463 points

WPS consortium, mobilizing.

Well, you're still in the lead at present...

Currently in Run 9 the Scores are :

1st
"WPS Consortium" - 897 points

2nd
"Rising Potentials" - 822 points

3rd
"Twin goes Hunting" - 463 points

Any more for any more? I can't beleive these are the final scores...

Room for improvement yet, and room for more teams....

WPS consortium additional points

Longu Alpha 144ped

WPS consortium, a proud member of support team for WOF TEAM U.S.A.

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

Small increase for the Rising Potentials

121 ped Longu:

91 ped Atrax

Longu Alpha 144ped

A fine Longu, Sir :thumbup:

121 ped Longu:
91 ped Atrax

These 2 are also Good :thumbup:

So let's see what they do to the scores...

Currently in Run 9 the Scores are :

1st
"WPS Consortium" - 985 points

2nd
"Rising Potentials" - 913 points

3rd
"Twin goes Hunting" - 463 points

It's still Very, Very Close...

3 days remain, what can you do in that time?

Rising Potentials improve their score :)

Atrax 208

WSP "consortium" upgrading points

WPS "Consortium" Shows its invincability!!!!!

Kingfisher 249 ped:

pink pussycat panther

Which should bring us to: 1124 points

Last edited:
Last edited:
Upgrade for Rising Potentials

Kingfisher 145

[URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/0/4/5/5/wpsrpking145.jpg"][br]Click to enlarge[/br][/URL]

...And further upgrade: Kingfisher 180

[URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/0/4/5/5/wpsrpking180.jpg"][br]Click to enlarge[/br][/URL]

We want to personally thank the Consortium for leading us to the Kings tonight -- 9 globals plus other goodies :)

It aint ove till the fat lady sings gentleman!!!

:)

Back