***WoF Stage 4 Warsheet***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Ok, broke out the Windows paint again; here's the WarSheet for Stage 4:)

wof_scoreboard_stage_4_round_3.jpg

There you go; the successful and the not so successful.

Sweden, BeNeLux, France, DACH, USA and Italy are through.

Australia, Amethera, Finland, England, Wales and Canada are out.

All fought well.

Some need to go further....

Semi Final info going up now:)

Thanks for an amazing Stage everyone, incredible thing to see.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Your Paint design is unbeatable! I love it soooo much. Reminds me to the good old C64 times :D

Your Paint design is unbeatable! I love it soooo much. Reminds me to the good old C64 times :D

That,s true Jamira, but in the good old C64 times I often mixed the numeral 1 with 6 :)

So...Amethera 688 :cool:

Congratulation to 2.3. and 4. placed teams :D

Have fun ( B and C teams too, of course ) and good luck for the next competitions!

We have found a small but important difference with the result of Team DACH at Sunday 13:00. Our global chat logfiles say 855 points total for Team DACH instead of 845. I talked to Mack and sent him one of our logfiles. He doublechecked it and got the same result: 855. Furthermore he found that France should have two more points. This leads us to the funny situation that DACH ended up as groupleader in stage 4 with one point ahead of France (1899/1898).

The logfile I sent to Mack doesn't contain the "GO!" and the "STOP". But we have such logfiles and can provide them for furthermore checks if needed.

Funny ?
I don't think so.

Hurrikane gave official result ! Did he give it without verification ? I really can't believe it...

Regards.

We have found a small but important difference with the result of Team DACH at Sunday 13:00. Our global chat logfiles say 855 points total for Team DACH instead of 845. I talked to Mack and sent him one of our logfiles. He doublechecked it and got the same result: 855. Furthermore he found that France should have two more points. This leads us to the funny situation that DACH ended up as groupleader in stage 4 with one point ahead of France (1899/1898).

The logfile I sent to Mack doesn't contain the "GO!" and the "STOP". But we have such logfiles and can provide them for furthermore checks if needed.

Dach (support) globed once before the GO and twice ( main + support) 10 seconds after the STOP at castle ( i was there).
France one glob after the STOP.
Maybe the 10 points in your log?

Last edited:
Hurrikane has all the logs and is checking it out. There was also a correction to the round 2 score for France which hadn't been factored in either. It sounds like the end result will be that the current order (1st France, 2nd DACH) is correct, even if there is a 10 point error in the DACH round 3 score. Give him a day or two to go through it all though please and get in here to update us.

-Mack

Dach (support) globed once before the GO and twice ( main + support) 10 seconds after the STOP at castle ( i was there).
France one glob after the STOP.
Maybe the 10 points in your log?

As far as I've heard from my team mates all 855 of Team DACH's points came from globals between "GO!" and "STOP!".

But let's wait for Hurrikane's post.

Funny ?
I don't think so.

Hurrikane gave official result ! Did he give it without verification ? I really can't believe it...

Regards.

Believe it:)

I put the Warsheet up to get it done while I could. I was aware some scores needed checking but was pretty sure the result was the same. All scores are able to be changed should evidence prove them them wrong.

There is still some checking (it takes time) but so far:

France were due another 49 points due to a miscalculated score in Round 2.

Whether DACH's 10 point issue holds up or not it will still not alter the positions in the Semi-Final.

Hurrikane

Believe it:)

I put the Warsheet up to get it done while I could. I was aware some scores needed checking but was pretty sure the result was the same. All scores are able to be changed should evidence prove them them wrong.

There is still some checking (it takes time) but so far:

France were due another 49 points due to a miscalculated score in Round 2.

Whether DACH's 10 point issue holds up or not it will still not alter the positions in the Semi-Final.

Hurrikane

49 ??????

Hurri, that drives me insane! I know best how easy it happens to lose track and get wrong results within the heat of a match. But that's only the one side. The other side is to publish "final" results! You know you have some serious co-judges at your side! Let's avoid such disturbances in future!

What I mean: We have had another 3-points-difference result in the past. Shall I start to ask for it's correctness? I am not as good as RJ was and Mack and Chopper are. But I assume to triple-check the results next time before publishing them. There's simply too much (burned) money involved in this event!

Edit: kk ... I've learned meanwhile that it was a 48-point issue. But hey, that would be covered by a 49-point issue, wouldn't it?

Last edited:
Deleted by myself.

Wrong place for complaining and whining. I don't want to be banned again before the event is over. ;-)

Last edited:
how come you miss by 49 points and next match again by another 10? 10 can happen but 49???

And if the point system is already too hard to handle for the judges, why do you make it even harder?

I think thats at least the third time that team DACH matches got judged wrong and even though i know that we try our best to make it hard for you, and i know the judges put a lot of effort into this, it kinda devalues the whole tournament and undermines the trust into the judges.

Hurrikane's managing an incredible event and he's doing his best for ensuring that everything goes well!!!
In my point of view he did very well except ... listening whining people complaining about 10 missing points.

Judge can make mistake that's right... but don't forget that judges are kind enough to give some time for this event.
Without Hurrikane --> no event
Without judges --> no event

In every sport, contests, events, there are mistake done by the referee that can completly modify the result ... that's part of the game... and in some sports for instance it can cause very big financial issues...

Isn't that possible for people to just have fun and trust judges???? Those problems appears only because some very few people don't trust judge results (in a free event).

To you Hurrikane, just trust your judge!!! don't listen at all complaining people and don't loose your time to verify too many things!!! You bring us this very nice event and i'm really upset to see how people can complain about that!

finally, in this particular case, i won't understand how DACH can be able to finish 1st of the group with only 2 victories when France goes 3 victories?!!

I think there are more important things in the world to complain with!
Thanks again Hurrikane and good luck :laugh:

Hurrikane's managing an incredible event and he's doing his best for ensuring that everything goes well!!!
In my point of view he did very well except ... listening whining people complaining about 10 missing points.

Judge can make mistake that's right... but don't forget that judges are kind enough to give some time for this event.
Without Hurrikane --> no event
Without judges --> no event

In every sport, contests, events, there are mistake done by the referee that can completly modify the result ... that's part of the game... and in some sports for instance it can cause very big financial issues...

Isn't that possible for people to just have fun and trust judges???? Those problems appears only because some very few people don't trust judge results (in a free event).

To you Hurrikane, just trust your judge!!! don't listen at all complaining people and don't loose your time to verify too many things!!! You bring us this very nice event and i'm really upset to see how people can complain about that!

finally, in this particular case, i won't understand how DACH can be able to finish 1st of the group with only 2 victories when France goes 3 victories?!!

I think there are more important things in the world to complain with!
Thanks again Hurrikane and good luck :laugh:

LOL!

It seems that you don't know enough about this case. I am member of the judge team since WoF started in 2007. Sometimes I took over for matches when Hurrikane couldn't come online or fell asleep because he was watching all the matches for more than 12 hours.

My first post meant that Team DACH eventually got the lead in our group. This is not a task of the number of victories but a task of the amount of total points. The lead in one of the groups of stage 4 means that this team will be ahead in one of a group in semi final.

If now ... after a new check, after 10 days ... some mysterious 49 (!) points appear, it must be allowed to ask for seriosity in general. That is neither whining nor complaining. (I deleted the complaining post by myself.) Other teams will do ask the same question now. We always tell the teams "unconfirmed" results after a match. But posted results get automatically an "official" touch. Each team is able and called to ask for changes if proofs for a different result can be brought by. That's what I did.

You, getget, don't no much about this whole thing. And you better shut up.

I love WoF so much. But everything must go a correct way. There's simply too much money involved. And yes, such a statement from Hurrikane was really unexpected and should never happened! I know him as one who can manage everything well and correct. And I trust him. We will get the correct results soon.

It's not wins to decide group placement, it's total points.

(hypothetically)
Team A wins with 500 and 400, loses with 600 = 1500 total points, 2 wins 1 loss
Team B wins with 400, 300, and 700 = 1400 total points, 3 wins

1st Team A - 1500pts 2 wins
2nd Team B - 1400pts 3 wins

Still dont know why Australia didnt get in - 1500points to Italy 1200 points - im sure the WoF needs to be reaccessed next year i hear some aussies wernt very happy about being put in the gorup with Sweeden & Benelux , again Aussies (less, frepower, less gear) put in with 2 of the best, same case scenario as previous years - gear and money wins in the end - not spirit and determination to win..

Grats Australia got over 1500 points nice feat you should have been in 8th position and had another go at the title, Italy were lucky to get put in an easier group and USA had a cake walk, nevermind Australia ill have the skills to go in the team next year , because i knew after seeing Wof 2009 - with the Trox Slayers we had no chance in hell but you got so close, but the rules wouldnt allow you to progress.

Still dont know why Australia didnt get in - 1500points to Italy 1200 points

Each team in a group plays the other within 3 matches.

Group A - top 2 of 4
Group B - top 2 of 4
Group C - top 2 of 4

Australia and Italy are/were in different groups.

Still dont know why Australia didnt get in - 1500points to Italy 1200 points - im sure the WoF needs to be reaccessed next year i hear some aussies wernt very happy about being put in the gorup with Sweeden & Benelux , again Aussies (less, frepower, less gear) put in with 2 of the best, same case scenario as previous years - gear and money wins in the end - not spirit and determination to win..

Grats Australia got over 1500 points nice feat you should have been in 8th position and had another go at the title, Italy were lucky to get put in an easier group and USA had a cake walk, nevermind Australia ill have the skills to go in the team next year , because i knew after seeing Wof 2009 - with the Trox Slayers we had no chance in hell but you got so close, but the rules wouldnt allow you to progress.

I can understand your pain. But that's the way group matches work like. It's a simple knock-out system. The groups were randomly drawn. Unfortunately Australia was in a strong group two times in a row. That's not nice but bad fate. And I remember well the very first WoF in 2007. Poor Team Germany had to fight against USA over and over again. We were so pissed off it! Shit happens ...

Maybe it's no solace. But have a look at Team Scotland who fought with two or three folks at each match. Or Team Canada last weekend: Two lost soldiers who adopt the challenge to save the honour of their team without a real chance to win. Or all the other teams who participated without a real chance even to reach the quarter finals. I bow my head.

After five years amazing WoF competitions let's see what next year will bring up. I got a few points as well to talk about with Hurri ...

What ever will come out for next year, I would like to see such a strong Team from Oz again!

Back