Wof?

kebplay

Stalker
Keira Gypsy Croft
Will there be another WOF?

Unlikely, but never say never

While Hurrikane just has no time now, it does not mean we cannot have some fun..

I am still playing with an idea of doing something like ENC (Entropia Nations Cup).

But more for smaller teams, representing real countries only (no DACH and similar , sorry ;p).
So not a big event like WOF, but still a worthy competition :)

While Hurrikane just has no time now, it does not mean we cannot have some fun..

I am still playing with an idea of doing something like ENC (Entropia Nations Cup).

But more for smaller teams, representing real countries only (no DACH and similar , sorry ;p).

LoL, So much more to say but LoL covers most of it, did I mention lol?

i am absolutely sure that wouldnt bring more fairness to the game, just a bigger number of teams from smaller countries that can´t cope with the big countrie´s teams. Of course there are many factors that decide what a small or big WoF-nation is, not only size, but size definately matters. On the other hand we saw many wonders along the way, with totally unexpected results, small teams with huge spirit and know-how. They all were extremely challenging.

DACH was not my idea, but the idea of the german community which also consists of many austrian and swiss players and who used a poll system to democratically vote for or against things. DACH was just a result of the friendship, understanding and trust in this community. A sense of national borders between those three countries never really existed in the german community. We had a system of old and new societies and trusts instead, which lead to a working system of lend and borrow and that was in some cases even tied to real life contracts and agreements between players. Still i can tell you it was very challenging to get a Warrant and an AOW player into the same boat at that time. We had to tear down walls (or at least respect them), it only made us stronger. But this was not the only reason why DACH was so strong. We adapted the "tactical technology" of predamaging right from the beginning and in the process mastered it quite early. With a support team of fapers, herders, scouts and predamagers each of our mainteam hunters was just as powerful as a whole "traditional" mainteam, additionally we were lucky to surf on the first wave era of enhancers the way we did and midlevel L-items were able to reach a level of gameplay that could easily cope with what was once known as ubah. The way we won the last final reflects that, when the mainteam alone surpassed 1k points before bonuses which never happened before. For the whole match we used about 30 players to directly help the main team hunters. Even a small team like Wales could have done that with extremely shocking results for their opponents. Of course you need a few tanks. People with a variety of armors for different tasks, fap skills and most important hp. In the beginning it was hard work of lobbying for the team to convince the big players to join the mainteam, but after the finals of 2010 we had a totally different situation.
Suddenly we had far more requests to join mainteam than space in it. The whole team was on fire and everybody gave his/her very best in support to maybe attend for mainteam next year, it was an incredible feeling of hunger and lust, we all were very well entertained. Thereby we were able to pass the torch to the next generation of mainteam hunters... even twice. Next point we gave a chance to players of all levels and it was not so rare that a total newbie became the hero of a match by opaloing that combibo or merp global that counted for Bonus Mob or completed the variety bonus for support team and often enough the sweep. We were able to transfer that community from forum to TS, which helped to grow together and gave us the advantage of a quicker communication. I still cant believe how lucky we were in WoF 2012, after a more than weak start in the group round with 2 lost matches we still made it to the finals and next thing that happened was, that team USA totally underestimated their opponent and dropped out. After a long resignation period, suddenly the whole team knew we could do it.

Last but not least our own matches were by far not the only matches in that we took part. We supported many other teams, sometimes even our biggest rivals if it was in our interest to kick a third rival out. Several of those teams were very grateful and returned the favour in our own matches. Its a nice feeling to count Italy, Finnland, Portugal and at one point even France to your support. Cheers to my old friends! DACH players use to have a very high number of WoF matches that they attended and we did a lot of homework in the process.

If you put too much emphasis on the merger alone you forget the really important things that brought us victory. And if you change the rules you take the chance for small countries like Be,Ne,Lux to merge and get a serious WoF team, what they are. Whats fair if 2 countries as different in size as Australia and Belgium have a WoF match? I believe if China or India would start to play WoF, people from the rest of the world would be quite happy about the merger rules. I still believe a relatively small country like South Korea could beat both of them and any other team along the way, if they played, merger or not. DACH was certainly lucky they didn´t.

Last edited:
Time to BUMP...
Am I the only one missing WoF or something similar nation championship? :ahh:
Let the WoF be great again! :laugh:

DRM

Hhhmmmmmmm

Wow! I was just mentioning this the other day.

I was going to start a "Where is Hurrikane?" thread to see if he is still around. :ahh:

With the new country designated masks would be cool too. :tongue2:

I love me some Hurrikane.. I miss WOF so much ;( The possibilities are really great with Twitch and Discord.

Wouldn't cry at all if another WoF were scheduled. Even though recruiting for that plucky Team Entropia is a challenge, it's one that we rise up to meet. Heck, we even pulled out some unbelievable wins last WoF.

So yeah, count me in!

WOF was a tricky thing to organise all those years ago when there was just one planet and players from every timezone.

I'd imagine it would be a nightmare to attempt it now. :eyecrazy:

I think it's gone the way of the VHS player.

WOF was a tricky thing to organise all those years ago when there was just one planet and players from every timezone.

I'd imagine it would be a nightmare to attempt it now. :eyecrazy:

I think it's gone the way of the VHS player.

True however it only takes one dedicated player to start something going.

WoF as we knew it is probably gone.

An interplanetary WoF is a possibility each round on one of the planets.

By the way I am in the process of transferring all my old VHS to digital. While the tapes will be gone and dusted the contents will relive.

Same with WoF. There are still many of us that remember the fantastic WoF interactions. Given the right start I do believe a joint country competition could be arranged

Could count me in if schedule fits.
I like the idea of country only. No alliances .

I can confirm that Hurrikane is alive and well, his RL obligations mean he has no time to play EU. The last WoF was a collaboration between himself and MA. Any future such events are unlikely unless MA decide they want to organse it which seems highly unlikely.

I am happy to help out with any similar events people would like to organise

Yea, well, just to begin with... how to verify a player′s real country of origin... what about players who reside outside their country... what about players with more nationalities than one... :dunno:

Yea, well, just to begin with... how to verify a player′s real country of origin... what about players who reside outside their country... what about players with more nationalities than one... :dunno:

Request passport scans.

Play for the team that you want to participate with.. If you feel strongly enough that you have heritage with a country or some sort of allegiance to participate with them, then ask them to join. Of course many in the U.S. and other countries may choose to play for another countries team.. This happens all the time in Olympics, and sometimes in other major sports of the world.

Another WoF event would be great! MA should look at how it was done previously and implement it into an event, taking note of the advance notice we had to prepare for it too. Not sure if support case needed or to contact in-game MA rep avatars. Let's let them know! :yay:

This is a can of worms. Think it through.

This was a joke to show how irrelevant was in the first place to make an issue of who belongs to which team.

Reactions: San
:) I'm really glad not to be alone and I'll never stop thanking Hurricane for his efforts, great EU memories come from WoF.
I'd like having real nation teams too, and if necessary, why not, more than one (for example USA 1, USA 2, SWEDEN 3...), with usual locked main team and free supports. But everything is secondary if we can't succeed to find a player with time and will to convey and organize forces.
I can't be that man, but if there is a possibility to organize a future WoF I'd do my best to help.

DRM

I had fun in WOF. Too bad it died

My WoF Champion Jacket from '07 might be my favorite item that I own.

WoF Tribute Tournament.... what's the level of interest?

Hi, I've found myself back in the game, at least for a while, and I'm missing the atmosphere and camaraderie of the WoF. So I'm thinking of organising a smaller event in the same vein in a couple of month's time, to be held over a weekend. It'll still involve National teams but with a lot fewer rules; here's the rough outline.

The Support teams can now just be Teams, as suggested in the posts above, (USA 1, USA 2, USA Barbarians etc etc) and the moblists have been replaced with an extended version of the variety bonus. How this works is you get 5 points for every new species of mob you global on, 1 point for the same mob, same maturity as one you've scored on before, and 2 points for the same mob, but different maturity that you've scored on before. So for example, whatever your first global is, it scores 5 (for a mob not globalled on by you before). If your next global is exactly the same mob it scores 1 but a different maturity scores 2. If your next global is a different type of mob, you score 5, and so on. Picking the mobs and the order to try them will be a major factor, any mobs in any Calypso location are eligible (globals must show up in Calypso chat).
Double points for a HoF. Double points for a 113 PED (Susan) global. +3 points added at end for each mob scored on by that team alone (excludes maturity). One big hunting spree, three hours of craziness. Teams would be a maximum of 12 with 1 non-hunter remaining at the start to score as a judge. The hunt could take place at any point over the weekend that an Official was available to independently score it. Oh yeah, does anyone wanna be an official? I'll of course attend all I can. Was thinking if a lot of teams attend we could have heats, semi's and a final over a couple more weekends maybe. But let's see.

I think this would make for an interesting departure from the grind and prove a challenge to think about. Anyone up for it? Will post this in Events if so.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
If the time fits my schedule, i'm in.

I'd very happily join in.

Dirk

What you call 'real' countries, are usually areas conquered by sword or fireweapons, and therefore illegal occupation of the indigenous population.
Take a country like Germany for instance. Its borders are the result of conquests, both winning and loosing wars. Germany has many totally different regions, of which the inhabitants of one region barely understand the local language of the next region. Those regions are the original 'coutries', that have been violently taken away.
That's it for the history lesson

Howeverrrr... people living in certain regions, conquered by different powers, and today belonging to different 'illegal occupational forces', that we call 'countries' today, all have one thing in common. They have german as main native language.
Therefore some people living in different countries such as Germany (D), Austria (At) and Switzerland (CH) have united in Entropia and formed a team, based on the fact that it is easy for them to communicate in their native language. The D-At-CH's team is even more ligit then 'real' countries, because their working together has been based on mutual agreement, and not on forceful conquest.

just my2pec, enjoy :)

Hi, I've found myself back in the game, at least for a while, and I'm missing the atmosphere and camaraderie of the WoF. So I'm thinking of organising a smaller event in the same vein in a couple of month's time, to be held over a weekend. It'll still involve National teams but with a lot fewer rules; here's the rough outline.

The Support teams can now just be Teams, as suggested in the posts above, (USA 1, USA 2, USA Barbarians etc etc) and the moblists have been replaced with an extended version of the variety bonus. How this works is you get 5 points for every new species of mob you global on, 1 point for the same mob, same maturity as one you've scored on before, and 2 points for the same mob, but different maturity that you've scored on before. So for example, whatever your first global is, it scores 5 (for a mob not globalled on by you before). If your next global is exactly the same mob it scores 1 but a different maturity scores 2. If your next global is a different type of mob, you score 5, and so on. Picking the mobs and the order to try them will be a major factor, any mobs in any Calypso location are eligible (globals must show up in Calypso chat).
Double points for a HoF. Double points for a 113 PED (Susan) global. +3 points added at end for each mob scored on by that team alone (excludes maturity). One big hunting spree, three hours of craziness. Teams would be a maximum of 12 with 1 non-hunter remaining at the start to score as a judge. The hunt could take place at any point over the weekend that an Official was available to independently score it. Oh yeah, does anyone wanna be an official? I'll of course attend all I can. Was thinking if a lot of teams attend we could have heats, semi's and a final over a couple more weekends maybe. But let's see.

I think this would make for an interesting departure from the grind and prove a challenge to think about. Anyone up for it? Will post this in Events if so.

Hurrikane

I would absolutely take part in this, assuming i could have the weekend off from work :) Welcome Back Hurrikane!

What you call 'real' countries, are usually areas conquered by sword or fireweapons, and therefore illegal occupation of the indigenous population.
Take a country like Germany for instance. Its borders are the result of conquests, both winning and loosing wars. Germany has many totally different regions, of which the inhabitants of one region barely understand the local language of the next region. Those regions are the original 'coutries', that have been violently taken away.
That's it for the history lesson

Howeverrrr... people living in certain regions, conquered by different powers, and today belonging to different 'illegal occupational forces', that we call 'countries' today, all have one thing in common. They have german as main native language.
Therefore some people living in different countries such as Germany (D), Austria (At) and Switzerland (CH) have united in Entropia and formed a team, based on the fact that it is easy for them to communicate in their native language. The D-At-CH's team is even more ligit then 'real' countries, because their working together has been based on mutual agreement, and not on forceful conquest.

just my2pec, enjoy :)

Well, then, just NO.

A country, no matter your likings, are per defined by the United Nations declarations and are wideley accepted as "One flag, One currency, One Anthem, One army" and sometimes the language is added to these critetions. Mostly by linguists.

DAtCH is merely an alliance, yet definetely not a country, and, as such, should not exist.

Back