Worried... (GoldCard Error 72)

Bang it in the table a couple of times, after I did mine worked just fine!

Received the reader (might have been yesterday, didn't check post box yesterday). Would guess overseas will take around 2 weeks.

Update:

Hi *WOLLONGONG*,

Your order has been shipped to the address specified in your registered Entropia Universe account:

(...my adress removed...)

These are Your Order Details:

Order ID: 7017
Shipping: 78
==================================================
pcs. Item price ea.
1 Smart Card Reader 100.00 PED
Delivery: 0.00 PED
Total Cost: 100.00 PED

Please allow up to eight weeks for completed delivery of the package.

Should you wish to cancel your order, please refer to the General Real World Item Agreement at https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/real_world_item_ag.xml.

Any questions about the order may be directed to the Entropia Universe Support Department at https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/contact/.

Kind regards,

Your Entropia Universe Team

Took around 2 weeks for mine to arrive (UK)

I did send the old one back a couple of weeks after the new one arrived, but I can't actually be certain that the 100 PED was re-imbursed to my account, as I've had a lot of movement on my PED card since. :dunce:

The support case is now closed, so I'm presuming the PED have gone back in (hit a 12K tower in the meantime, so the 100 PED kind of got lost).

New reader has been delivered.

Got the same error last days, changing bateries solved problem. 2x CR2016 bateries, i paid 4$ for both.

Error 72 seems to be a generic read error.

When my reader starts giving this error I usually just clean the contacts on the card, nothing abrasive as the gold isn't thick just a soft dry cloth.

edit: After I finished writing this I tried my reader and it was giving continuous error 72's. Cleaned the card and it worked first try.

Last edited:
use a white eraser to clean the gold card contacts usually fixes it up great

do not use a pink eraser they have oils in them

Got my refund :yay:

Hi,

We have received the faulty reader you sent us and have now credited your account with 100 PED to refund the purchase price and 20 PED for the shipping costs, which you will find in the "PED-flow Center" where you then can transfer them to the PED card.

We offer our sincere apology for the inconveniences caused and hope you have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

I am worried...very worried...

for a while now, my Gold Card reader has been showing error 72. Okay, inertia, it says in the faq, no big deal.

But...now, Error 72 is alternated with no response at all.... I have reached a point where I need 8 attempts to get a number out of my Gold Card.

Support Case made, and they tell me to order a card (money will be reimbursed when I send the old reader back). Okay...so far, so good.

But...
delivery is 8 weeks!!!!

OMG OMG

8 weeks?
Damn....

find the sweetspot with sliding in (if it old you prolly wore it down so its not a accuarate fit) my old one had the same, at first some presurised air helpt , later that dident but if i slit it in excact under the i gues chip and pressed on it a little it would work.

Friend of mine used it afte i replaced it for few months more this after his broke.

It can also be the battery if so get as many codes out before you can before it dies (use them i order of extracting and it be fine).

of course, they charge for replacement readers. whats the surprise?
No they do not. Surprise!
The original, or first time you pay is a deposit to try and prevent people - let's say one thousand years from now, facing the devastation of a totally poisonous planet with toxic waste that can virtually never be disposed of. Plastic.

Back