Question: Would level 60 in "Scan Robot" profession open Scientist ?

Lardinho

Prowler
Society
Rising Potentials
Matt Lardinho Palmer
The question is, well guess.

I think the only people able to answer this question are people who have unlocked Scientist and have tried to scan robot for a while to see if they have gained any Scientist skill whilst doing so. Also does Scan Mutant give Scientist skills, or is it just Animal and Human investigation?

the question is.... what`s the point of getting scientist?

Dunno if it does. Donnu anybody sick enough to scan to level 60 :silly2:

But you can be pretty sure that all 3 scanning profs give scientist skills. Im not a scientist, but after all - they are all 3 sciences. So far all other scientific professions give science - even taming.

Scientist skill I think counts towards Paramedic skills and taming skills. I know some have unlocked it, hoping they would see this >.<;

yep, always wondered at what paramedic lvl it would unlock
anyone out there knows?
also can medical therapy unlock at lvl 50 paramedic be confirmed by anyone?

Happy skilling,
das

Reactions: jod
I looked at Candymans old list, and there he has all Scanning skills
included in the Scientistgain. So I guess it is possible. But I'm not 100% sure.

the question is.... what`s the point of getting scientist?

para gains , I want it too but am going to whip hunt my way to 60 whipper lol

in theory they should all unlock it but who knows :(

para gains , I want it too but am going to whip hunt my way to 60 whipper lol

in theory they should all unlock it but who knows :(
i don't think whipper gonna work, but animal tamer, which the whip skill contributes to

although thats just a guess
iirc a skill can just be unlocked by a profession it actually contributes to
so it would need someone with scientist unlock to confirm that whipping actually gives that skill

would be funny in any case, a scientist with white clothes and a whip sounds naughty :D

either way, to the paramedic contribution
i doubt that scientist will bring you that much farther in paramedic
when you have to spend years on scanning stuff to get it first, or whipping for that matter :silly2:
thats just my opinion though :D

i don't think whipper gonna work, but animal tamer, which the whip skill contributes to

so it would need someone with scientist unlock to confirm that whipping actually gives that skill

would be funny in any case, a scientist with white clothes and a whip sounds naughty :D

when you have to spend years on scanning stuff to get it first, or whipping for that matter :silly2:

yes but when your high level in all other skills that make up para then you get desperate

entropedia said:
Requirements: Level 60 Investigator or Whipper

but something interesting I had always assumed that if you gain skill in something then you can unlock with it, IE you should in theory get sci with paramedic gains?

You don't want to unlock scientist - you will be kidnapped in a matter of days by either some robots or mutants or a secret government organization!

but something interesting I had always assumed that if you gain skill in something then you can unlock with it, IE you should in theory get sci with paramedic gains?

Well that's not always the case. MMS for example can only be unlocked with level 18 (Hit) [ranged weapons] but also contributes to the Damage Profession.

i know that entropedia said it is whipper

but in the whipper profession itself it isn't mentioned, just in animal tamer

and yes
if you fap and get a say scientist gain, then it will unlock it afaik
same for whipper

thats why i am unsure
if it isn't mentioned in the skills you get by whipping, it shouldn't be possible to unlock it with it

in tamer however it isn't, which depends to a part on whip skill again, but not whipper

so the lvl60 unlock at whipper may be a mistake and its rather lvl 60 tamer

i am in no profession lvl 60 or above, and definitely not in whipper, tamer, paramedic or the scanning ones
so i can't confirm skills in scientists in either one

Well that's not always the case. MMS for example can only be unlocked with level 18 (Hit) [ranged weapons] but also contributes to the Damage Profession.
this is correct, but it contributes to each of the 2 professions as well, damage and hit

so it will get skilled by damage and hit increases too i guess

unfortunately, it is kinda hard to say if a "rifle", or "LWT" or "MMS" skill gain was now given because of a "damage profession gain" or a hit one, since they each count to both

but that doesn't rule it out either, since they can and likely do contribute to 2, MMS can be unlocked with damage and gain skills via a damage gain of your gun

sry, this is getting offtopic :(

i know that entropedia said it is whipper

but in the whipper profession itself it isn't mentioned, just in animal tamer

and yes
if you fap and get a say scientist gain, then it will unlock it afaik
same for whipper

thats why i am unsure
if it isn't mentioned in the skills you get by whipping, it shouldn't be possible to unlock it with it

in tamer however it isn't, which depends to a part on whip skill again, but not whipper

so the lvl60 unlock at whipper may be a mistake and its rather lvl 60 tamer

i am in no profession lvl 60 or above, and definitely not in whipper, tamer, paramedic or the scanning ones
so i can't confirm skills in scientists in either one

this is correct, but it contributes to each of the 2 professions as well, damage and hit

so it will get skilled by damage and hit increases too i guess

unfortunately, it is kinda hard to say if a "rifle", or "LWT" or "MMS" skill gain was now given because of a "damage profession gain" or a hit one, since they each count to both

but that doesn't rule it out either, since they can and likely do contribute to 2, MMS can be unlocked with damage and gain skills via a damage gain of your gun

sry, this is getting offtopic :(

I'm going to skill to level 60 whipper anyway then if no luck then do the last 30 to investigatior and get it that way, no big deal either way for me I'm skill filling now after KS :)

Is this confirmed that lvl 18 (dmg) won't unlock MMS? Most people skill to MMS with either rifle or hg, which means their hit profession will reach lvl 18 first. Maybe someone who skilled a lot of melee first could reach the dmg profession first, then use ranged weapons to confirm if it does or doesn't give the unlock.

Is this confirmed that lvl 18 (dmg) won't unlock MMS? Most people skill to MMS with either rifle or hg, which means their hit profession will reach lvl 18 first. Maybe someone who skilled a lot of melee first could reach the dmg profession first, then use ranged weapons to confirm if it does or doesn't give the unlock.

I think Az is getting mixed up between Marksmanship and Ranged Damage Assessment.

Marksmanship unlocks at Level 10 in any ranged hit or damage profession, but most people will get there with hit. It affects both hit and damage professions.

RDA unlocks at Level 18 in any ranged damage profession. It doesn't affect the hit professions, so you can't unlock it with a hit profession.

The rule is always the same - if an unlocked skill affects a profession, it can be unlocked with that profession (and vice versa).

I think Az is getting mixed up between Marksmanship and Ranged Damage Assessment.

Marksmanship unlocks at Level 10 in any ranged hit or damage profession, but most people will get there with hit. It affects both hit and damage professions.

RDA unlocks at Level 18 in any ranged damage profession. It doesn't affect the hit professions, so you can't unlock it with a hit profession.

The rule is always the same - if an unlocked skill affects a profession, it can be unlocked with that profession (and vice versa).

Ah, right, thanks :ahh: :)

scientist from paramedic skills?

para is def. effected and you gain sci from fapping so..... at maybe level 90 or silly then scientist unlocks for fappers?

I'm confused :confused:

first told 60 whipper now thats supposedly tamer not whipper

Oh sorry, Oleg is quite right...

In Candymans list of Skills - Activities, this is shown from skill Scientist:
(meaning, all these activities gives us gain of the Scientistskill)
Melee - Whip
Misc - Healing (FAP)
Scanning - Animals
Scanning - Humans
Scanning - Mutants
Scanning - Robots

(Btw, does Candyman still play?:scratch2:)

Melee - Whip
Misc - Healing (FAP)
Scanning - Animals
Scanning - Humans
Scanning - Mutants
Scanning - Robots

alrighty :D

didnt know that list, in entropedia they arent i think

so i guess lvl 60 whipper should work if thats true

scientist from paramedic skills?

para is def. effected and you gain sci from fapping so..... at maybe level 90 or silly then scientist unlocks for fappers?

I'm confused :confused:

first told 60 whipper now thats supposedly tamer not whipper

If you gain Scientist from fapping then it definitely affects Paramedic and will therefore be unlocked at Paramedic Level 60 (if it's Level 60 for one, it's level 60 for all).

The Entropedia list says:

• Animal Investigator
  • Animal Tamer
  • Humanoid Investigator
  • Paramedic

But judging by the percentages given there, that list is not complete.

If anyone who has unlocked Scientist could contribute some data in this thread then the resident experts will hopefully be able to work out more of the detail of exactly which professions Scientist contributes to, and by how much.

Am I right thinking that whipping gives taming skills? If so then even if you gain Scientist with whipping, it may not unlock with whipping, because it could be the Tamer profession that is causing the skill gains, not the Whip profession.

If you gain Scientist from fapping then it definitely affects Paramedic and will therefore be unlocked at Paramedic Level 60 (if it's Level 60 for one, it's level 60 for all).

• Animal Investigator
  • Animal Tamer
  • Humanoid Investigator
  • Paramedic

If anyone who has unlocked Scientist could contribute some data in this thread then the resident experts will hopefully be able to work out more of the detail of exactly which professions Scientist contributes to, and by how much.

Am I right thinking that whipping gives taming skills? If so then even if you gain Scientist with whipping, it may not unlock with whipping, because it could be the Tamer profession that is causing the skill gains, not the Whip profession.

there are loads of ava with level 60 paramedic hell im not that far from it, im gonna go withe whipping route then skill it using scanners ;)

there are loads of ava with level 60 paramedic hell im not that far from it, im gonna go withe whipping route then skill it using scanners ;)

Loads with level 60 paramedic? :eek: Errr.. are you sure? I think even some/many of the old autofappers have sold off their well valued medical skills.

Loads with level 60 paramedic? :eek: Errr.. are you sure? I think even some/many of the old autofappers have sold off their well valued medical skills.

yes I'm sure there are 'some' with level 60 its not an insane amount to have its like 120 prof in laser sniper

yes I'm sure there are 'some' with level 60 its not an insane amount to have its like 120 prof in laser sniper

Well, I don't know about the old players, but for a post nerf player, which now includes people who have been playing up to roughly 3.5 years like myself, level 60 paramedic is immense. Haven't I seen posts from you about being stuck on the ur200 for 2 years now, or something like that? And that maxes at level 50... And to chip for example from level 35 to 60 right now would cost around 90,000 peds, if you could find enough first aid chips... so I guess I'm saying, I think very few.

Well, I don't know about the old players, but for a post nerf player, which now includes people who have been playing up to roughly 3.5 years like myself, level 60 paramedic is immense. Haven't I seen posts from you about being stuck on the ur200 for 2 years now, or something like that? And that maxes at level 50... And to chip for example from level 35 to 60 right now would cost around 90,000 peds, if you could find enough first aid chips... so I guess I'm saying, I think very few.

well im almost 50 , I have a few <4 year players with more than 50 who maxed 450 (I'm jelous lol)

oh and im so fucking close to maxing UR200, 1 reload off max, totally usable due to the extra heal but that was skilled natuarally

Melee - Whip
Misc - Healing (FAP)
Scanning - Animals
Scanning - Humans
Scanning - Mutants
Scanning - Robots

I tend to belive this and will whip my ass off to prove it or not

EDIT: that sounded diffenent in my head before typing it lol

• Animal Investigator
  • Animal Tamer
  • Humanoid Investigator
  • Paramedic

This thread is a bit old but i missed it before.

Anyway, whipping does not give taming skills, nor do i have any reason to believe that Whipper (Hit) or (Dmg) at any level will unlock scientist. Yes, the whip skill does contribute to Animal Tamer. If you get Animal Tamer high enough, and then whip a mob that you then tame, you could unlock Scientist, but it would be from the action of Taming, not from the whipping per se. Remember that you have to have a skill check vs. the profession that causes the unlock to get the unlock, which is why you can't unlock Serendipity via Laser Sniper (Hit) while using a BLP rifle, even though they share a lot of common skills.

I've heard this weird rumor about Whipper and Scientist before (and noted that the wiki said the same, or did before i fixed it) and suspect that if there was ever any truth in it, it was before MA broke out the taming profession from Whipper by implementing Tamer and Handler. That was, what, three or four years ago?

Edit: To finish the thought: AFAIK we have completed the assignment of all 100% of the contributions to Whipper (Hit) with very little doubt. If Scientist does not contribute to Whipper (Hit) or (Dmg), it's not going to be unlocked by whipping.

Last edited:

Anyway, whipping does not give taming skills, nor do i have any reason to believe that Whipper (Hit) or (Dmg) at any level will unlock scientist. Yes, the whip skill does contribute to Animal Tamer. If you get Animal Tamer high enough, and then whip a mob that you then tame, you could unlock Scientist, but it would be from the action of Taming, not from the whipping per se. Remember that you have to have a skill check vs. the profession that causes the unlock to get the unlock, which is why you can't unlock Serendipity via Laser Sniper (Hit) while using a BLP rifle, even though they share a lot of common skills.

Yes, that's what I was trying to say but you explained it better than me :)

I've heard this weird rumor about Whipper and Scientist before (and noted that the wiki said the same, or did before i fixed it) and suspect that if there was ever any truth in it, it was before MA broke out the taming profession from Whipper by implementing Tamer and Handler. That was, what, three or four years ago?

Edit: To finish the thought: AFAIK we have completed the assignment of all 100% of the contributions to Whipper (Hit) with very little doubt. If Scientist does not contribute to Whipper (Hit) or (Dmg), it's not going to be unlocked by whipping.
My guess is that Candyman ment Taming when he wrote Whip, it is afterall
hard to tame something without using a whip... ;)
Anyway, whip is a bit off topic, so back to original question:
does Scan Robot trigger Scientist?

Back