Question: Would you kill a miner in non-lootable PvP?

Would you kill a miner in non-lootable Pvp?

• Total voters
Green dot gets shot.

If I were mining and ran into another miner in the same area, yup, I'd kill them.

Freddie

Well I don't understand people who prance about in PvP wearing sundresses then cry when they get shot in the face.

It's called PvP for a reason.

I agree, but is it fun, or just cos u can? If I go to PVP , I fully expect to get shot, no point in whineing about it , that still doesnt mean I understand the attraction.

P.S I dont own any sundresses - or any clothes at all really

i prefer mining where there is pvp ofcourse i dont kill everyone just for kicks and giggles but if i feel they get to close to me when mining or start to try to cut me of and run in front of me they are dead, but yeah it all depends

I did it a few time in the past. Why? Because I wanted to feel the taste of killing something else than a mob.

After one month and maybe a dozen kills, I stopped as I really couldn't stand anymore seeing the "oooOOOOOooooOOO" when the poor guys were writting. :( Also I remembered the frustration I had when I started and was killed for no reason, just I was on the other side of the Plasma.

Now, I just avoid contact in PvP (Amethera). If I see a GD, I go away, but if he comes to me, I equip the Plasma and wait. I will aim but won't shoot first.

IMO, being in PvP means "you can kill if needed", not "you must kill any GD", but that's just me.

Then u should unlock deathspeak so u can start killing again ;)

if i could i might,, but when i actually come in pvp4.. and i see a green dot.. i run or tp like hell!! :p

just a little too much chance that the green dot is better than me ;)

I just dont understand the attraction of shooting someone for no possible reward.
It's a moving target which is not controlled by AI and moves unpredictably. Especially after the first shot ;)
tayra said:
All you do is piss off the person u shoot, why is that fun?
Unfortunately, that's a side effect.
tayra said:
I agree if they're training you with mobs and the like - shoot 'em dead
Naah, just play with them so between you and the mobs they're on 10-20% HP all the time. Then taunt them until they try to reply and get killed while typing and say "ooOoOOooOOOoOOoOoo..." :D

Note to self: I like this one. This one is fun :D
tayra said:
But if they are minding their own business, hurting no one, whats the point?
You just paid some real life cents to shoot some pixels at some other pixels in a computer game and you're asking me what's the point???? :laugh:

if i could i might,, but when i actually come in pvp4.. and i see a green dot.. i run or tp like hell!! :p

just a little too much chance that the green dot is better than me ;)

This is asking about non-lootable though, so all you risk losing is the ammo you spend :)

Usually I do yes, sometimes I dont.

Unless ur name is SimpleBob, cant go around killing simple folks thats like killing rainman

Bloody miners, whining again!
They have all those heavy ores to carry and they get a free taxi back to storage. No gratitude, some people! :laugh:

I have to laugh -
  • you wouldn't PK someone when all the reward is the fun of Player vs Player combat
  • you would PK someone only if you get a possible financial reward from doing it
Which is worse?

Doing something for the enjoyment ...
Or doing something you disagree with because you're getting paid to do it?

Normaly i don't kill ppl in normal PVP. Exept:
- they drop bombs at my foots
- they agro mobs to me
- they do KS
- they try to kills me:D
- they use some bad words to me like :"F..." or "B...." etc.

At this Point a little mining story, happens in old VU9 to me.
I was south of TI on mining, a green dot come to me and shoot me while i was on extract a claim. Ofc, i was standing at TI rev. - I health me and change boar to hermes. Bought some ammo and Jump back to my claims, where i died.
The green dot was saving my claim, hopfully i come back... and i come back and bam.. bam.. bam..., he was death:D

depends on my mood :) but usaly i dont kill ppl outside rig/pvp4/ring

I'd kill them if I got EFD for it

I'd kill them if I got EFD for it

unlikely, its a waste in either case

i waste my ammo/decay for nothing
i waste the guys time if he dies
if guy is uber in OJ and i get killed I wasted both his and my ammo and my time :D

bad in either case :p

Being one of those miners, I get that a lot. Especially since I frequent Akmuul area. I might go 'pfft' when PK'd just by Akmuul TP for no apparent reason, but I don't whine about it. If you put your foot inside pvp then you are subject to that, whether it be lootable or non lootable.

Let them waste PEDs on me... :D

Let them waste PEDs on me... :D

It's not a waste if it relieves some frustration :wtg:
I mostly leave miners alone in PVP.
But you know how it goes sometimes, bad day at the office, poor loot on a hunt, then along comes a miner and *KAPOW* frustration gone:yay:

Nope

I have enough to worry about while I'm mining, so another fellow miner is never a target. As far as dropping bombs next to me or vice versa, I have never noticed that another miner's bombs/probes has had any effect on my mining.

Obviously none of you guys/gals have ever mined in tandem with someone else (team mining/hunting) and both of you globalled in the same spot. As speculated massively in many loot threads and somewhat confirmed by MA, what one player loots in an area or from a particular mob has no bearing as to whether another player will do the same or not. Having seen multiple towers in a single dome on CND and within a few meters on the ground, I'd say that statement has a ring of truth.

So, no, I don't kill other players in non lootable PVP unless in self defense. Mobs attacking me while I'm mining is a pain. Other players hunting or mining right beside me isn't.

I target any unknown green dot inside any PvP zone usually. Depending on the situation though. Its PvP for a reason.

Back