Question: Would you mine more in this event if...........

Sirhc

Elite
Society
Defiance
Sirhc Xerogs Drakcah
the eMine armor had The Predator movies type camouflage?

I was just thinking about this event and how many are opting out or not all that thrilled about the prizes. Most miners either don't use any armor or like me both mine and hunt and already have a daily use set. So it got me thinking what kind of armor would benefit a miner? Which made me think of PVP3&4 and other than a serious PK armor what would a miner want? Well to be invisible (by invisible I mean another player cannot drag your health bar either due to the armor camouflage fields disruption) and harder to PK while mining in the more lucrative spots in EU.

From a miner’s stand point it would make sense. I mean other than the weight on eMine armor compared to others of similar stats its uber protection by any means and the coloring IMO screams "PK me!"

I also thought about another game I play where mining is a big aspect of the game play and the mining ships while not very maneuverable can with stand a lot of punishment. So I don't know why this concept is not carried into new products developed for miners. High durability and can withstand a lot of punishment from various elements like mobs and PKers.

Think about it what do miners really need and what kinds of toys do they want? Better finders, better amps, customizable maps, TP chips that work with focus chips, claim locators, auto-extractors, ability to use pets as pack animals, new tools to salvage wreckage, etc, etc.

So let me know if I have missed anything or if you have any ideas we might pack up and send to Genesis Star to give miners what they really need and want. Also what would you consider a prize worthy of a mining event? Big amp? Un (L) equipment, or something else unique?

Thanks ahead of time :)
:)

Good post and good suggestions Sirhc !

My suggestions for good prices would be a LA offcourse ! Its basically top of the line to win in EU and miners clearly should have a chance too.
Id also like to se personal stuff come true. A really cool finder with your name on it? How about that ?
Bombs that give wider range / depth, shoes to run faster, cloaked armor etc. etc....possibilities are endless.

A good armor for miner would be the one that let u mine near any mob without being observed by it.
This armor should have a decay/hour(20 ped for example) when you are in stealth mode and wouldn't allow u to hunt while in this mode.
Other players should still see you, unless other tools are made that can help them to see you.
That would be a useful armor for miner! like now I see no reason to call an armor miner specialized...just than some are better than other for mining.
Maybe we'll see this after CryEngine..

I'd like some kind of amp i guess, more efficient than the 109 but limited ofcourse.

And also yes an armor that can take a lot of punishment but in some other way limit you perhaps.

some type of rare finder experimental model, very deep search but with a lower skill limit to use it efficently.

Some type of new finder to see if the area is good perhaps, should maybe use 5 bombs and 5 probes to use that checks the area etc.

hmm...

perhaps MA will read this and implement it as a new form of mindforce eventually... Imagine a chip that will let you be invisible! :)

Of course, movement would cause you to lose invisibility... so you could go invisible to drill and that'd be about it... or to sit around at an enemy society's apartment and wait for good gossip.

Doesn't anyone remember what Mr. CEO said? :(

He said that when someone asks a hunter to show his cool armor, he will immediately take out his best armor and put it on. What do miners have to showoff when someone asks them the same question? :scratch2:

Genesis Star comes to fill this huge gap in a miner's existence and offers him a cool armor to have. :)

I hope now that the purpose of this new armor is a bit more clear.

IT IS FOR SHOWOFF!!!!!!

Sitram

Yeah.. i agree that a specific miner armor is kinda pointless, unless it has a special feature. You guys seem to have good alternatives, too bad MA doesn't listen to the playerbase as often as they should.

perhaps MA will read this and implement it as a new form of mindforce eventually... Imagine a chip that will let you be invisible! :)

Of course, movement would cause you to lose invisibility... so you could go invisible to drill and that'd be about it... or to sit around at an enemy society's apartment and wait for good gossip.

Yeah MF is so under developed it could definitely be used as an enhancement for both miners and hunters alike.

I think a LA would be a nice top prize for a mining event. Maybe something more catered for miners in a way but I am not sure how that would work. Maybe have actual mine deeds instead of LAs. MA has the ability to make caverns so why not have an extensive cavern mine LA where you can either tax other miners or use it exclusively on your own. I was also thinking of an exclusive mining shop in the new Genesis tower or some type of working relationship with that corporation like a test pilot for new mining gear or something like that. I think 10 product test pilots would be interesting so long as Genesis Star continually developed new products each major VU.

A good armor for miner would be the one that let u mine near any mob without being observed by it.
This armor should have a decay/hour(20 ped for example) when you are in stealth mode and wouldn't allow u to hunt while in this mode.
Other players should still see you, unless other tools are made that can help them to see you.
That would be a useful armor for miner! like now I see no reason to call an armor miner specialized...just than some are better than other for mining.
Maybe we'll see this after CryEngine..

This is a cool idea... although I don't like the decay per hour bit ;)

An armour that lets you remain undetected by the mobs would be cool ...

A mechanically enhanced armour that allows you to carry much more. Like a lifter. And with the option to put on plates for protection. That is what a miner really needs, it is easy enough to go naked in pvp and just commit suicide in pvp3/4 at the sight of a GD.

I like the ideas of opening a huge, mineable, cavern system under the continents, make it huge and without possibility to tp out so you would have to find your way back to a televator. Perhaps some device that could pinpoint the nearest one could be used? Imagine mining deep under Eudoria and getting hopelessly lost.

Would open up new professions like rescue teams or trackers, or guides.
Perhaps you would have to pay a fee per kg you carry to get back to surface to whoever owns the lifts/televators?

Otherwise special armour with oxygene supply for underwater (more or less mobfree) mining. Or tools that allow you to drop bombs/probes under water.

As for MF, special chips that allow you to tp parts of inventory to home estate. Solve some of the weight issue, cant be hard to implement and can have a decent skill ladder for more efficiant chips, tping bigger stacks per use.

I would mine more if the prizes were better. As it is now, the armor has just ok stats and is ugly. 2x skill will not make my pro standing rise much more than normal (although it will for those who have not skilled as much previously :rolleyes:)...

Back