Question: Would you recommend the profession Brawler?

Bill TheGalactic Hero
Hi there, unfortunately I am still undecided what kind of weapon I should use or which profession. I would like to inform myself beforehand what advantages and disadvantages the Profession Brawler brings? Do you have the same opportunities or the opportunity to hunt eco etc. at a higher level with this professions like with Rifle or Pistol? Is it on the low level also eco? Thanks for the information

Low lvl you really only got TT powerfists to gain levels. When I skilled for my Argonaut claw, i burned through a few hundred of these, It takes a big hit of your time and your sanity. Some low level alternatives exist, but they are either low eco or hard to find. But if you can find a mentor claw, grab it and grind with it. It would likely be best to just chip the skill, but personally I wanted to be all natural.
The Argonaut Claw Weak/Strong/great would be the most likely path you would take if you want to keep progressing in the profession. These are high end 2.0 weapons though and you will be paying for them.
Personally, if you want a melee build, I think shortblade is a better pathway as you have many more options available to you, and you have slight HP gains over longblades

Last edited:
There are very few weapons of this type and the only ones that are really worth using are the Argonaut Claws FEN Edition (check out the prices, they are well into 5 digits). If you see yourself using one of those one day then it might be worth skilling Brawler, otherwise don't bother. And the skilling would be a great hassle due to that lack of weapons for low / mid levels.

Disadvantages - all those of melee, as you gonna struggle with mobs that do ranged damage, and your kill rate is lower compared to ranged weapons because you have to wait for mobs to come in your attack range or chase them around yourself (or combine it with ranged weapons but then you spread your skillgains wide and could as well just go with ranged).
Advantages - being exotic and considering the disadvantages, you can get about the same dps for cheaper than it would be with a pistol, let alone a rifle. It sorta looks cool, for what that's matters. And that's pretty much it.

i dare a progress of weapons (i am just 50 brawler)
1. tt powerfist (SI weapon cost is not worth if not on puny)
2. +1400 PED for a mentro claw aftger level 8.. AMAZING i used mine until level 40
2b. as svarog says +20.000 for a weak argo claw (imho totally not worth owned it 1 month and sold) 24k with its amp that last too few (low tt value)
3. Ranked Psy Blade (cyrene powerfist), slow attack rate (strange for a PF, but high damage allows a Trauma 6 on it as melee aplifier) about 2500 for the PF and these days trauma 6 prices are very high....
4. 60.000 ped (these days more in the 70.000 range) for a genesis claw < strong argo claw due to lack of recycle shraps, 8 ped hour higher huntign cost on caly

as many point, Powerfist grows naturally in light melee weapons so single hand mace (you can find for under 2k on ah some UL)
and from martial arts contrivbution that grows with Knife. (a 300 ped knife unlimited goes a long way.... (fire dagger is a undervalued weapon once tiered up)

GL punching them all

Mornia does have a boxing contest now and then.

Back