Would you still play, if...?

Would you still play, if loot total stays the same, but loot per mob is max 5k?

• I don't care, I want EFD

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • I would play less

Votes: 25 15.9%
  • I would play the same

Votes: 59 37.6%
  • I would play more

Votes: 65 41.4%

• Total voters

Smoerble

Elite
Smoerble
I personally play for fun only, I don't think I'm gonna find a big HOF or even ATH ever. Stormer seems to be a different person, hehe :).

So I would like to learn, how you others think:

Let's say, MA changes the loot system: the total loot stays the same, but we have a max. of 5k per loot, so a lot more ppl get globals and bigger hits, but no-one receives over 5k from one mob... would you still play?

The 5k/mob is just an example of course, it's just significant lower than any ATH. Feel free to disucss, if we would need a different HOF list then.

sure. cause i've never hit anything bigger than 5k either. in fact. not even close really. i'd rather see more even loot distribution and more steady returns for all, than see uber returns for few.

"the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one"

In mining definitly. Hunting has the problem also some UL Sib items with hight TT value would not drop anymore

It's too late to go back now, no matter what choice we have in the matter.

As stated above, tt's are too high now. This would work in 2003 when the highest item values were around 1k, but now you're looking at some items which are at 50% at 10x this.

Although impossible, but that's not what has been asked. I would obviously be a lot more pleased since that would boost considerably my chances of getting a hof once in a while!

It's too late to go back now, no matter what choice we have in the matter.

As stated above, tt's are too high now. This would work in 2003 when the highest item values were around 1k, but now you're looking at some items which are at 50% at 10x this.

Or if making exceptions ONLY for items with higher tt? Or if dropping them at low tt so they have to be repaired before use?

my globals under 10, never hof/ath .. ofc I would play more if the loot drops better equal ;)

I don't believe it should be capped at 5k,imo takes the excitement out of hunting large mobs,but I do believe the rate at which 10k+ loots are dropped should be lowered ALOT.That way everyone could have better average return,but you could still hope to someday get "a big one".

Just my :twocents:

Hm, 12% would play less, the question is, how much more do they cycle, that MA misses the demand of 70% of the players.

I don't believe it should be capped at 5k,imo takes the excitement out of hunting large mobs,but I do believe the rate at which 10k+ loots are dropped should be lowered ALOT.That way everyone could have better average return,but you could still hope to someday get "a big one".

Just my :twocents:

I agree with this, but I still voted that I would play more with a cap on 5k ped value loot lol. :)

Well seeing as my biggest loot ever was 852ped it doesn't really make much difference even if the max loot was 1k to me.

I think MA has taken things way too far down the road of massive loots now over the past 3-4 years that if they took away the promise of an ath the few still making big deposits would leave.

If the only excitement you get from hunting is the possiblity of a big loot then it shows MA went completely in the wrong development of gameplay.

Last edited:
I wouldnt say put a cap of 5k on it, i would still like to see a nice big loot on a RARE occasion, however the amount of ATH's which have dropped in the last year is rediculous and i would much prefer that ped to be spread out in smaller chunks for more people to enjoy

the slim chance of massive loots is what keeps me hunting, makes it more enjoyable. I hope they never get rid of them. I have never had one but saying that I don't really think that there is a problem with the current loot. Sure u get a week or so where it is shit, but it always balances out over the month if you play enough.

the slim chance of massive loots is what keeps me hunting, makes it more enjoyable. I hope they never get rid of them. I have never had one but saying that I don't really think that there is a problem with the current loot. Sure u get a week or so where it is shit, but it always balances out over the month if you play enough.

If you play enough, yes. But what about the new guy that comes in and gets a shit week at the start? I think more even loot distribution would help in player retainment. That is not to say that there should be a 5k cap on loots, but I also don't think there should be over a dozen 'All Time High' s in a single year. All time high, to me, sounds like something that should be rare something seen maybe 3-4 times in a year.

definatly a flat loot prize curve, and more items in there, would make the game more appealing. i know im not going to get a 20k prize, and if i wanted one id be better spending the time and money on a better form of gambling like poker or spread betting. the possibility to loot nice stuff is the only real draw and thats virtuall non existant these days.

after years of temptation then frustration i also learnt i cant hope nor reasonably expect (otherwise it would be not worth much) to loot a set of even mid level armour like Jag in a few years, but if i thought i could get half i'd go back to the sort of game time, and deposits, i used to.

No. After doing a ton of research thanks to tracker, I've come to the conclusion:

1. For the vast majority of players, a 5 digit loot or 5k or higher multiplier is a once in a lifetime occurance. Most never, ever get it.
2. For a handful of players, it happens 2-3 times a year.

Therefore, if I don't get a big loot, my avatar is doomed to be one of those endless hordes who never do. So, I might as well chip this character out, start a new one, and then try again.

edit: Interesting idea above: is the lure of a big loot necessary? Imho, yes. Without that, where's the skill element? You might as well go to a regular gambling site.

Still having trouble voting on this.

I think a cap is impossible. Yet, I would like those high-tt items gone and some sort of a cap introduced. ATH's used to mean something when the list was 25 long and they happened once every year or 2. Now, I see a 20kped loot and I barely blink - that's not a good reaction to someone getting $2000.

If the high loots were spread, not evenly (otherwise why ever bother to become an uber), over more people I would vote keep them. But there are plenty of avatars who I see hunting 24/7 yet seem destined not to get anything big. Surely it's not plain luck that some avatars can cycle 25kped and loot 50k yet others cycle 250kped and loot 500 - consistently.

Overally, I think the game needs the draw of uberloots. The type of loot that can instantly transform an avatar from noobie to uber (we're talking 25k-100k here + items). Yet I would really like to see the frequency of uberloots decreased, the average loot increase and also, the MU of items to be sorted. Obviously there is huge saturation if everything sells for 101%. There was not a single armour ingame that could be bought for that price, to give such high protection as bear (L), boar (L), jag (L), tiger (L), polaris (L), etc.

So overall - frequency of uberloots decreased, frequency of unL items up, frequency of (L) items and materials down, and average loot (slightly) up. Average loot doesnt need to go so much higher as the item MU will be greater. I'm all for smart hunters getting profit.

Re: Aio: I think uber skills is not related to the uber loots. If you are one of the blessed, you get the big loots throughout your career, whether that player decides to have high skills or not. In my research, the blessed get at least 1 massive loot while they are noobs, e.g. a tower mining with tt tools, a basic filter hof, a 10k faux, etc. On the other hand, I have found maybe hundreds of players who have never, ever gotten a 1k or higher loot with hundreds of thousands of ped in turnover. Across all professions, the blessed appear to get these massive loots about 3 times per year. One of the key identifying characteristics is getting 2 of these within 1 month. It also seems to be regardless of what they are doing. They get these massive loots on daik, faux, simple I's, lysterium, etc. There's an amazing number say Uber United members who have never gotten one solo, although they may have gotten them pre-tracker or in teams.

Last edited:
Still having trouble voting on this.

I think a cap is impossible. Yet, I would like those high-tt items gone and some sort of a cap introduced. ATH's used to mean something when the list was 25 long and they happened once every year or 2. Now, I see a 20kped loot and I barely blink - that's not a good reaction to someone getting $2000.

If the high loots were spread, not evenly (otherwise why ever bother to become an uber), over more people I would vote keep them. But there are plenty of avatars who I see hunting 24/7 yet seem destined not to get anything big. Surely it's not plain luck that some avatars can cycle 25kped and loot 50k yet others cycle 250kped and loot 500 - consistently.

Overally, I think the game needs the draw of uberloots. The type of loot that can instantly transform an avatar from noobie to uber (we're talking 25k-100k here + items). Yet I would really like to see the frequency of uberloots decreased, the average loot increase and also, the MU of items to be sorted. Obviously there is huge saturation if everything sells for 101%. There was not a single armour ingame that could be bought for that price, to give such high protection as bear (L), boar (L), jag (L), tiger (L), polaris (L), etc.

So overall - frequency of uberloots decreased, frequency of unL items up, frequency of (L) items and materials down, and average loot (slightly) up. Average loot doesnt need to go so much higher as the item MU will be greater. I'm all for smart hunters getting profit.

you just wrote my toughts down there, ty :)

Re: Aio: I think uber skills is not related to the uber loots. If you are one of the blessed, you get the big loots throughout your career, whether that player decides to have high skills or not.

It's dynamic ;)
and i believe skills inflict everything

I would certainly still play.

I liked how the HOFs were small when i first started back in 2003. Loot was a lot better back then (coincidence perhaps) and had very little trouble breaking even. Of course it would be hard to go back to the old days, but I don't think anyone really needs a 100k peds ATH either.

I don't think money hoarding by 1 person is good for the economy,
I don't think deliberate transfer of controversial sums is beneficial to the average mid-lvl player,

I do think that there needs to be a nice round number maybe a 10k,
but definitely nothing larger than that which may be at risk of leaving this economy.

But even then, MA's monthly wages eat a substantial amount of PED per month that those 90k PED probably look like a joke if you really start comparing where the drain is.

Some

If they reduced the HOFs/ATHs I may play again.

If they eliminated the HOFs/ATHs completely in order return loot in every mob or mining, I would play again.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why they can not give 100 % return of tt spent on ammo or mining bombs/probes. I'm fed up with funding ATHs/HOFs with a constant stream of No Loots.

They would still gain their income through the decay, and people receiving 100% tt back in loot of what they spent, would certainly mean they would play a lot more. Meaing MORE DECAY to them.

IF they want to keep ATHs/HOFs then let them fund it as a bonus rather than a certainty (for some) as it is now. I'd much rather know when I hunt or mine, I'm not gambling, but will get a return.

I see this as the ONLY VIABLE means to breathe life back into this universe, which will also increase their profits since people would be more apt to hunt/mine knowing they aren't going to lose every run they do.

let me add, when a person does something, they expect a return greater or equal to what they put in. Otherwise it's not a worthy investment or entertainment. This can work since I don't cost decay except when the loot doesn't even cover expenses of ammo or probes. Then it's just a added insult to what MA does.

Last edited:

If they eliminated the HOFs/ATHs completely in order return loot in every mob or mining, I would play again.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why they can not give 100 % return of tt spent on ammo or mining bombs/probes. I'm fed up with funding ATHs/HOFs with a constant stream of No Loots.

They would still gain their income through the decay, and people receiving 100% tt back in loot of what they spent, would certainly mean they would play a lot more. Meaing MORE DECAY to them.

IF they want to keep ATHs/HOFs then let them fund it as a bonus rather than a certainty (for some) as it is now. I'd much rather know when I hunt or mine, I'm not gambling, but will get a return.

I see this as the ONLY VIABLE means to breathe life back into this universe, which will also increase their profits since people would be more apt to hunt/mine knowing they aren't going to lose every run they do.

Even keeping with the 90% returns would be fine with me, as long as they smoothed out the highs and lows of it all... I don't want to have a 30% return one hunt and a hof the next that brings me back up to that 90% average... there should be a minimum return on every kill. Don't want to crash the economy by increasing certain item drops, fine, then make up the difference in ammo, no market damage there. I would LOVE to see no looters done away with (kinda like they said was going to happen by last quarter of 2010...) and have a minimum of say, 50% TT return. This wouldn't eliminate the big loots, it would just make them more rare and increase the minimum returns. And honestly... I think an All Time High should be rare.

Yes, I am happy to pay for a good game. And EU has in my opinion the potential to be the best game ever. But they had the potential since years, now even more, but I cannot recommend this game to any friend... and that's a shame :(.

fck the mobs i am miner

Voted that i'd play more.

My opinion on the matter (assuming that lootpool is only filled by players using ammo, probes etc):
  • Keep the possibility for ATHs.
  • Decay goes to MA.
  • Have the average returns at 95%, meaning you get back on average 95% of what you added to the lootpool (TT value!).
  • Have 3-4% of what players added to the lootpool payed out as globals or smaller HoFs
  • Have 1-2% of what players added to the lootpool accumulate over time to be payed out as uberloots

edit: To keep things simple i have disregarded the fact that some players try to hunt/mine above their skill level

Last edited:

let me add, when a person does something, they expect a return greater or equal to what they put in. Otherwise it's not a worthy investment or entertainment. This can work since I don't cost decay except when the loot doesn't even cover expenses of ammo or probes. Then it's just a added insult to what MA does.

This makes no economical sense what so ever.

Why should decay not count. It is the same cost as ammo, just peds coming from a different source.

Please do inform me of the difference between:

BLP Gun A:

50 dmg
60/60 attack
8pec ammo
2pec decay

= 5dmg/pec

Laser Gun B:

50dmg
60/60 attack
9.8pec ammo
0.2pec decay

= 5dmg/pec

There is no difference. Yes high decay is worse on (L) items with large markup (as you are only paying markup on decay not ammo) but to think it makes a difference on 100% (L) or unL items is ludicrous.

I agree they should reduce the frequency of ATH's/Big HOFs but they should not remove them altogether. Otherwise there is absolutely 0 impulse to play (no chance of ever getting loot, 99% return all day erry day).

But beside this, you cannot say that all decay goes to MA. Not only have they stated this to be false, it makes no sense with all the new 2-5pec / shot decay (L) items that exist nowadays.

This makes no economical sense what so ever.

Why should decay not count. It is the same cost as ammo, just peds coming from a different source.

Please do inform me of the difference between:

BLP Gun A:

50 dmg
60/60 attack
8pec ammo
2pec decay

= 5dmg/pec

Laser Gun B:

50dmg
60/60 attack
9.8pec ammo
0.2pec decay

= 5dmg/pec

There is no difference. Yes high decay is worse on (L) items with large markup (as you are only paying markup on decay not ammo) but to think it makes a difference on 100% (L) or unL items is ludicrous.

I agree they should reduce the frequency of ATH's/Big HOFs but they should not remove them altogether. Otherwise there is absolutely 0 impulse to play (no chance of ever getting loot, 99% return all day erry day).

But beside this, you cannot say that all decay goes to MA. Not only have they stated this to be false, it makes no sense with all the new 2-5pec / shot decay (L) items that exist nowadays. STATE WHERE THEY SAID THIS. Many times, even on MAs site said FEES AND DECAY. NO WAY could they operate without taking all of decay, even then it's IFFY.

What I was stating and thought it was clear.

DECAY IS THEIR (MA/FPC) PROFIT

It HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOOT.

I consider the decay the cost to play.

Cost of ammo or mining bombs/probes have NOTHING to do with decay. It funds the "loot pool" or so is the common belief.

Eliminating the "no loots" and eliminating or drastically reducing the ATH/HOFs has NO EFFECT on the profits of MA/FPC (unless they were not completely honest with their many statements to that effect).

Eliminating or drastically reducing the ATH/HOFs to eliminate "no loots" and improving the loot return however WILL INCREASE players cycling money because they have more of it through their returns. This through the use of items WILL INCREASE DECAY which will give more profit through use to MA/FPC. We ONLY PAY TO USE, and I don't consider that a big deal since it is entertainment, but as long as loot is so un balanced and assinine, I won't play since it supports the ATH/HOFs with all the no loots.

NOTE TO FPC, FIX YOUR FORUM SO A PERSON CAN EASILY MOUSE CLICK TO PARTS OF TEXT WITHOUT THE DAMN SCREEN JUMPING TO TOP OF TEXT ALWAYS! STUPID AS HELL!

Back