Would you vote for me?

Who would you vote for to be President of Virtual Reality?

• Total voters
Other: I would vote for Smilgs since he shares a shitload of information with the community and doesn't make a hero out of himself for having a shitload of money and hunting big mobs all day long. Also never heard any bad rumor about him.

Exactly the same here. I wish he would apply.

Let's just put it this way - I would rather give my vote to a rock or a chair or something along those lines, than for ND...

Neverdie promised 1 million jobs. What do you promise?

OMG, people are saying yes for voting for him, and he hasn't even said what he would do in the position.

This is how much of a farce this whole situation is.

Ridiculous

Rgds

Ace

i've said i'd vote, but honestly thats cos i'm not keen on ND and it would be good to see some competition instead of the whitewash its going to be.

i dont even why what i dont like, its just something or a collection of little things

I dont't think that Mercury is good candidate. He is famous indeed but he has also nice portfolio of shady behaviors and morally dobious actions.
Below is link to screnshot where he is blackmailing me and trying to force bribe. I doub't such person can be good president.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=304991&catid=member&imageuser=27772

http://imgur.com/8Ura6V7

star_szantaz.jpg

1) I do not know any of the candidates aside from ND. I know your name from global listings :).
2) I haven't read anywhere what this job is about so I am assuming it is mainly a nice title. Which I think ND has already earned.
3) I haven't read anywhere any "vote for me" introductions other than ND's
4) I recall reading that my vote would not count that much because our votes will count more depending on our social media influence,etc etc? So, someone who has a FB page that attracts hundreds of players, for example, would be the one you want to vote for you because that vote will count more.

well that message went shady suddenly, was all polite until a little in the 2nd paragraph

I dont't think that Mercury is good candidate. He is famous indeed but he has also nice portfolio of shady behaviors and morally dobious actions.
Below is link to screnshot where he is blackmailing me and trying to force bribe. I doub't such person can be good president.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=304991&catid=member&imageuser=27772

star_szantaz.jpg

Still butthurt about your fiasco with Proteron DNA? :D

BTW, there is no blackmailing from Star, at that time it was a big investment and so I am not surprised he wanted to understand your intentions.. He actually asked if you want to co-exist as owner, get both DNAs and or , if you want to protect the receipt. That was actually a good "friendly" offer, as he would keep the silence for a small payment, even in case you would get both DNAs.

I'm strongly against both, Mercury (Hucksters who care only about making funds by any means can not be presidents) and Neverdie (I still have not received compensation for the loss of money in the bugged Hell instances (2011 or 2012, already forgot), so ND support is bad for me)...
But if the choice of the two, I would choose ND because he is already known to all.

Still butthurt about your fiasco with Proteron DNA? :D

BTW, there is no blackmailing from Star, at that time it was a big investment and so I am not surprised he wanted to understand your intentions.. He actually asked if you want to co-exist as owner, get both DNAs and or , if you want to protect the receipt. That was actually a good "friendly" offer, as he would keep the silence for a small payment, even in case you would get both DNAs.

Fiasco ? I was 1st who made that DNA and put it to land. Also i bet everybody can read and understand well last line of Star's message " [...]OR I may be swayed to not release this information for some sort for compensation.[...]" for me it is clear. Treat it like you want.

Last edited:
What good have you done for Entropia or all of us, so we want to vote for you?! :)

I would not bother voting in NEVERDIE vs. Mercury election as both are acceptable to me.

Yet, if another candidate (or several) pops up, I might look toward voting for Mercury (and effectively against those other candidates).

I will however not go to such lengths as creating a faecebook account for that purpose.

What good have you done for Entropia or all of us, so we want to vote for you?! :)

Where is Trump of Entropia?

I want to vote for a virtual Trump!!!

I voted other because:

Mercury claims to be a pro gamer, which imho means nothing in EU because here only money and uber equipment counts, not real skills and tactics like in CS:S or BF3/4 where real skills and teamwork are the key to success. ...

I don't claim to be amazing at any other game. I've made Master Guardian 2 in CSGO (which I know isn't a huge accomplishment), I've been 25/4 Kill/Death ratio in BF3 (yea I know it wasn't vs. pros), I've recently made it to rank #4 Grandmaster in Archon mode of SC2 (GM is top 200 in the US - and we were 4th!) with my good friend who I play nightly with. In Madden online back in college, I was top 100 in the country (and not many other countries give a shit about Madden American Football). SOCOM, I was a part of the US clan (which was highly respected).

I've played many other MMO's. I never really got to the tip top levels in those due to losing interest in content. Without real cash, I don't see much point. You can't sustain yourself in those games playing them 24/7 very easily. Sorry, This wasn't a post designed to brag or claim I'm something awesome. It was simply to prove that I have some knowledge in many arenas of gaming.

I think you should carefully consider if you want to put down $1000 just to enter, especially if MA already have a preferred candidate. EU runs on smoke and mirrors, and there's no reason to think the President election will be any different.

To me I think it's more about PR for the game, then player rights. Unless MA are prepared to tear up their TOU then I consider the whole thing pointless.

Are we trying to build a democracy, were we have citizen rights over our in game assets, or the right to seek justice (via mediation team) if someone's CLD's are sold in error at auction?

I very much doubt any power will move from game owner to player.

Would I vote for Star? I would want to read his manifesto first and then decide.

Rick

I believe anyone should want to read the plans of the future President before they actually voted. This poll was designed to see if people are happy with what they've read in the past from the current candidates. I know a solid model of what could be done should be set forth by any candidate trying to win.

star_szantaz.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to show. I could easily get the 5 people who allowed me to test proteron parts to attest to the fact that you were consistently claiming a completely different recipe to the actual one Shoti. There is a lot of mudslinging I could return to you; I don't want this to turn into the U.S. Republican debates with constant mudslinging and no discussion of the topics.

I can say this, my prodding was mostly to find out your intentions. Did I attempt to make a financial gain out of knowledge that I paid a lot of money to get? Yes. The recipe was and is hidden information that I paid a lot to obtain (by buying parts). The recipe on entropedia was completely wrong.

That's a tough question to answer. Some of the intangibles will never be seen. For a while I was helping report whatever bugs I found without any payment. I would simply Skype pm Kim when something went wrong in EU. I'm pretty sure I assisted a few people who were unjustly locked with getting their account back and running in a timely fashion instead of waiting weeks or months (perhaps including you Hulk :D ? ).

On occasion, I called David Simmonds directly to inform him of issues in EU. I can name at least 2 times where this happened. 1) When there was an issue during SGA where Spider Stalkers weren't hitting at all. 2) When Rilort/Sacklitch scammed Rep. I'm actually the reason the avatar who did the theft was locked with the MM forever.

Perhaps a few of you can recall the guy who lost his Adj fap to someone (I don't remember exactly who it was), but I helped him get it back from the guy. I tried to help Helena with the 30k PED lost in auction issue to no avail :(. I know for a fact that I've done a lot of good for EU.

I think it would be interesting to note the conversation I consistently had with a few people involving the Terminator a few years ago. I tried to convince Kim that it was too over powered and that if I had it, the game would die. I really wanted it but knew damn well that with all of my other gear, there would be no one who could stop me. I had won Mayhem the year prior by over 1 hour of time. I'd shown the entire EU player base my exact run via twitch.tv/stargazing. There's no way anyone was even close at that time. The terminator would insure my victory for many years to come. Yet I didn't buy it. I should have it appears, because the people who did buy it may as well have been me. Linzey/Stryker are both good enough players that it made no difference WHAT else I bought or used, I couldn't defeat them if they used the Terminator with a 15-20% advantage that it gives.

Did I use the terminator the year that EVERYONE used it? Yes. I used it at 1 tier lower and thus got 3rd instead of 1st/2nd. Only a fool wouldn't use that gun if they could when everyone else was. I chose NOT to use it when NO ONE else was. Even with my love of money, I knew it would destroy EU. Has it destroyed EU? I don't know. It certainly makes it difficult for a tier 10 gun user of any other sort to want to compete fully.

To address another matter which I'm sure will come up...

Am I always the friendliest guy? No. Do I often try to get the most in business deals? Yes, to a point. I should perhaps use more discretion than I do at times when making deals.

Recently, I was attempting to make a deal with Linzey for the BL1950, he had offered me it at a rock-bottom price of 65k PED (when it wasn't tiered at all). I met to discuss it with him and offered him 60k. This was an insulting offer for an already great price. I suppose I was coming at it with the mentality that "hey, who the fuck else can use a level 125 BLP gun", which is still kind of how I feel. His offer to lower the price to 65k was generous and I should have kept my mouth shut. Different cultures do business in different ways. My parents are Armenian, we haggle. The American capitalistic mindset mixed with a haggling mentality is often why I thrive. This is also why I offend some of other cultures.

I can say that I don't like his method to decline my offer. He simply stopped responding entirely. I wrote some things which I regret having said about how a man would actually decline the offer with words. Do I want him to love me after this post? No. I still believe I should have at least received an answer that he wasn't going to sell it to me.

Addressing all of my past indiscretions would be impossible. I am by no means operating with a completely clear slate. I can say that if I was representing the Entropia community, I'd be sure to treat it as a job. I'd give my heart and soul to making sure that what was best for the community got done. Am I qualified? I don't know what qualifies a person. I have a Mechanical Engineering degree which I've never used. I'm taking classes at the local community college for the sake of betting myself. I'm not even sure I'm allowed to enter the race now. Does anyone know? :)

#mercuryforpresident

Thank you to all who voted - and read this rant!

If you post the reason for your banning in a free speech forum like PCF you will be banned again until you learn your lesson.

(I've been really quiet about this whole election business for about a month myself)

PS: You're not candidate B. But I'd vote B.

AHAHAHA "free speech" my ASS. I've literally never seen a forum where you couldn't talk about other games, especially when making a comparison on 2 very similar things (Compet and WoW pet System) :laugh:

especially compared to the game itself, where you can say whatever you want in the chat, this is apparently the North Korea Planet of the Entropia Universe

now ban me

ND and Mercury are both good players i guess ,with big achivements, ND with impresive bussines qualities and risky investments made.

Last edited:
I won't vote Mercury because he is too clever to be president..:duh:

I would vote Neverdie :dunce:

Never had a problem with either, although I would vote star over nd for two reasons

Star is pretty upfront about the way he plays, take it or leave it
And he is still an active player not a ma partner

First of all, there's no doubt you are much more loved in EU than ND and what's even more important - u don't have this massive army of haters.
I believe the whole point of this thread was to make sure you would have a reasonably good chance to win the elections should you make a serious effort. The answer is yes, you certainly have.

But I think your asking a wrong question.

See, this whole setup ("President of the Virtual Reality" as they call it) is a tricky one.
You start off with:
  1. no legal power (EULA and ToU never changed)
  2. no political power (no leverage/no bargaining chip to make MA actually do something they don't want to do, not to speak legalizing your position by changing the EULA/ToU).
Now, let's be brutally honest. Quite obviously from MA's PoV this whole "VR President" affair is nothing more than a PR stunt to advertise the game. If successful they get it all for free and even make money in the process.
You however are here thinking this might be a good opportunity to capitalize your status and popularity. How would you achieve that? By becoming a middle man between players and MA. President would say we need this and that and MA would be forced to obey and respond.

Wait a minute. Are they really? Because of... what? U still got no real leverage and no bargaining chip.
As u can see, the getting elected part is easy. The main question is, how to get the real political power to actually make it work. If you have a realistic plan to achieve that you will have my support. If not why bother at all? U would end up with having ppl demands on one hand and no power to make MA even take your calls on the other hand. It's a trap, actually. U won't be capitalizing anything, u would be even worse off than u are today.

How could one achieve power over MA? By having real success outside the game. How does that work?

Let's be honest, nothing anyone could ever do would give the tiny little MA figurehead any real power over the real giants of the entertainment world. There will never be any actual President of VR, definitely not as long as it's coming from MA.
The absolute best that can be achieved is placing this tiny company with it's even smaller game on the world map, next to the giants like League of legends, CS, Fallout4 and WoW. That's the absolute maximum that can possibly be achieved.

Now, the problem with you Mercury is - your nobody out there. No offense but it's true.
- Mercury who?
- I'm the best player in Entropia Universe.
- Entropia what?

And that's it. That's how it ends and the day later nobody even remembers you. On your own budget traveling around the world from one conference/fair/mess to another, and in the end u have nothing to show for it. Hopefully ppl are polite and won't not openly laugh over your crazy title.

OK. Is there anybody who actually would have a slim chance for success?
- Neverdie who?
- Jon Jacobs, an actor and entrepreneur. I'm the guy who bought and sold the most expensive virtual world object in the world.
- Wow, really?
- U can look it up in the Guinness World Records.

If he makes it, manages to place EU on the map - then he might actually have a bargaining chip with MA. He would be useful for em and that's a leverage. It's not much but it's a start.

Don't get me wrong, Mercury, I do respect you very much. That's why I took the trouble to describe the ptfalls I'm seeing to you. If u believe I'm seeing ghosts and u certain u can make it, by all means, go for it!

Maybe run for the 2nd term 4 years from now. If ND succeeds in fortifying the position. And if not, it will be forgotten after 4 years anyway.
Or make your way into the cabinet as a Prime Minister, dealing with the internal (EU) affairs while the Prez is busy representing it outside.

I will vote for you... but am not sure if the election results have been decided already!

I'm not implying you're not vote-worthy...

...but this is not something I have ANY intention of voting in. I read the post about it and the subsequent discussions and the entire time I thought, "Dear lord, this sounds like the most rigged, scammy, back alley farce of an attempt at democracy I have ever witnessed."

Even for the allure of a strongbox, I can't do this. I can't vote. So, I wish this was a better vote for something more respectable. I might actually vote for you for that. But I want to also put out there... do you really want to be voted in because the alternative was so hated? It's not quite people's choice there, it's more of a last resort. If you want to put your name on something, I would personally want to put it on something better.

They really didn't think this one through at all. :rolleyes:

I don't have a FB account so I can't vote. Doesn't matter how many years I've played or how much I've "invested' into the game.

It's simply ridiculous.

Star, if you choose to run, good luck to you. And Good Luck to ND and whoever else is involved. It won't change how I play or the mechanics of the game and therefore have any bearing on my enjoyment or lack of it.

Yes, i would vote for you.

Last edited:
nope....

it should be someone that is neutral to everyone, and that's not the fact

nope....

it should be someone that is neutral to everyone, and that's not the fact

It would have to be someone who not just never played EU before, but also who will never learn about it, otherwise his neutrality wouldn't last long :)

You should have created this poll before the voting started!!!
Now it's too late imo to have a chance beating ND...
No one was expecting any other candidate except ND since no one came out and officially announced themselves!

Back