Xane's Space Feature Requests

Xane

Old Alpha
Banned
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Kane Xane Crossing
These are some things that will only benefit me.

-Cargo scanner(see who's carrying loot)
-Long rang ship scanners that consume probes every scan
-Loot mode options that let you divide the loot how you want in your team
-Pilot and passengers should die when the ship is destroyed, I know it's more work from a programming stand point but this is how it should be.(why)
-Collision damage even in safe zone.

That's it for now I'll add more as I think of it.

Last edited:

-Loot mode options that let you divide the loot how you want in your team
-Pilot and passengers should die when the ship is destroyed, I know it's more work from a programming stand point but this is how it should be.

That's it for now I'll add more as I think of it.

-Loot mode options that let you divide the loot how you want in your team? why this for?, so can you have a team member in save zone to get the loot no thanxs

-Cargo scanner(see who's carrying loot) so i want them cloaking devices + warp rives in normal ships, as poster said above do hunters get a scanner to see who has loot?

-Pilot and passengers should die when the ship is destroyed, I know it's more work from a programming stand point but this is how it should be. my ship has an automatic eject before exploting

-Collision damage even in safe zone. fine if you add torrets that will blow any pirate that gets close to a safe zone, or at least shouldnt be any safe zone for pirates other than your base

-Long rang ship scanners that consume probes every scan , bahh dont care

Do hunters get to see which mob loots best. Hell no

Well the good part (for non-pirates) if pirates did get scanners would be that those not carrying lootables would be safe since the pirates would most likely not want to waste PED killing a non-looter... So I guess it goes both ways :dunno:

Well the good part (for non-pirates) if pirates did get scanners would be that those not carrying lootables would be safe since the pirates would most likely not want to waste PED killing a non-looter... So I guess it goes both ways :dunno:

thats not entirely correct, some will still shoot yu to get your karma

I also think that space authorothies should ban the use of the Space station revivals for pirates, if you die either go to a private revival or go back to your home :)

I agree with the above - even though I am not a rat - I even suggested this many months ago. The scanners will let space traffic with NO STACKABLES pass thru without rat harrassment - this helps solve problems for both sides.

No. That is just extra harrassment.

Here are some more features listed HERE.

No. That is just extra harrassment.

The reason I suggested this is because of the annoying ship ramming that takes place in the safe zone. I mean we are supposed to believe that a ship that fly as fast as it can head on into another ship and nothing happens to either. Seems silly.

XANE's Space face Is SO-OO Booring.

XANE's Space face Is SO-OO Booring.

The reason I suggested this is because of the annoying ship ramming that takes place in the safe zone. I mean we are supposed to believe that a ship that fly as fast as it can head on into another ship and nothing happens to either. Seems silly.

Oh, Pirates getting rammed in safe zone? Oh, no! But yes, this would be cool..take damage on both sides.

The scanner would be an interesting idea. For this to work, it would have to cost you three times as much as ammo per kill.

And no, you don't need shared loot in team since it takes away from the humor of Pirates bitching at each other about who gets what from their current stealing raids.

A new job class, suicide pilots. I can see the ad now

Tired of seeing pirates hang around the safe zones? Can't leave without being shot down and looted. Don't want to risk loosing that valuable cargo then hire the suicide pilots. We'll deliberately crash into pirates camping the exits of space stations to allow you to leave in safety. As long as you pay for the repairs +10x decay then we'll spend hours knocking the :censored: out of them.

;)

And no, you don't need shared loot in team since it takes away from the humor of Pirates bitching at each other about who gets what from their current stealing raids.

Aye. NO TEAMS. Pirates dont work in teams. That way... the "business" remains cut-throat. Else, we'd get roving bands of hundreds of juveniles trying to bag the big ones/motherships.

ALSO, NO death upon ship explosion ... which means... last kill-shot of any rat gets INSTA-LOOT of ALL Mothership passenger deaths!!! NO WAY!

Also, they should make it so that if a person is a Pirate, that they cannot dock on the Space Station, and if they fly into the neutral zone, the station's turret will shoot them. And when they die, they should only be able to revive at Howling Mines revive.

Also, they should make it so that if a person is a Pirate, that they cannot dock on the Space Station, and if they fly into the neutral zone, the station's turret will shoot them. And when they die, they should only be able to revive at Howling Mines revive.

The problem would be how to see who was a pirate and who was not...

I guess that could be solved by forcing pirates to tick a "I am a pirate" box that would allow them to attack other players (players who has not ticked the box would only be able to attack those who has ticked the box, while those who has ticked the box would be able to attack anyone, allowing people to defend themselves against pirates without having to tick the box).

Once the box is ticked, they are allowed to attack and loot other players, but they are restricted in their movement (can not dock at "legal" space stations, only pirate ones).

The box would only be possible to untick while landed at a pirate space station (could put in some delay... maybe make it so you have to wait at least 12 hours after killing someone before you are allowed to untick the box).

I'd buy THAT for a dollar! :laugh:

Threads like this belong in the Suggestions/Wishlist forum, not Dev's Corner. Also, the Dev's Corner is for threads specifically related to Planet Calypso, not for issues related to space, other planets, or Entropia Universe in general.

Please read the Dev's Corner Guidelines sticky thread before posting any new threads in that forum section.

In order to keep this forum section manageable, easy for visitors to browse, and free from repetitive questions that the PlanetCalypso developers may be unable/unwilling to answer, a few guidelines are provided below.

DO NOT:
  • Post questions that fall exclusively within MindArk's area of responsibility (e.g. space travel, deposits/withdrawals, universe-wide systems, etc.). Such questions should be posted in the Ask MindArk section of EntropiaForum.com.
  • Post suggestions (or suggestions disguised as questions) for new features or changes to existing features/game systems. Such threads belong in the Suggestions/Wishlist forum.

The problem would be how to see who was a pirate and who was not...

I guess that could be solved by forcing pirates to tick a "I am a pirate" box that would allow them to attack other players (players who has not ticked the box would only be able to attack those who has ticked the box, while those who has ticked the box would be able to attack anyone, allowing people to defend themselves against pirates without having to tick the box).

Once the box is ticked, they are allowed to attack and loot other players, but they are restricted in their movement (can not dock at "legal" space stations, only pirate ones).

The box would only be possible to untick while landed at a pirate space station (could put in some delay... maybe make it so you have to wait at least 12 hours after killing someone before you are allowed to untick the box).

EVE Online solves this by spawning ~500 (Yes, 500!!*) "police" ships within 0.5 seconds to attack ANYONE who opens fire FIRST in "safer" zones.

Similarly, the Space Stations can open fire on anyone who has opened fire first within its (long ranged turrets) shooting range.

(*NB. It used to be 500 when I played.. and it was a long time ago.. so dont know how valid this info is anymore.)

Last edited:
Whatever new stuff they bring....id like to see them integrate existing items rather that all new items. Example would be for "long range Scanners" to allow existing scanners to be fitted to ships with enhancement amps....adding value rather than introducing more and more new stuff wherever possible. TP chips for mini warp jumps on smaller ships (Extended cool down period ofc) and so on.

In DarkfallOnline, when your reputation goes too low you won't revive in "normal" areas any more. You will be an outlaw, expelled from your own race, there's no safe areas for you anywhere and u have to live with other outcasts in a secluded town where everyone's either a professional PKer or simply mental.

Similar system here wouldn't change much i guess. OK, the pirate will revive in Howling Mines... so what?
Besides, the current reputation system should be fixed first, atm every pirate can gather good karma too easily.

Back