Yazuki's hunting log (journey from brand new player to uber)

Since you joined Endgame and knew the exact day when to be in Toulan, it is a clear indicator that Illuminati is real and I need to put on my foil hat
Jokes aside- Huge gratz! impressive journey!

It's been amazing so far logging my journey and seeing all the support I received from everyone. I'm going to be taking a break from making monthly progress updates to this thread and instead just transition to posting whenever I reach a certain milestone for now. I plan to keep this thread going, just at a slower pace so that I can take a breather and enjoy the game more rather than always having an expectation to provide meaningful updates each month.

As far as goals are going... I honestly lost track of what even is an uber at this point. I know some people will say it's having lvl 100 in a profession, while others will define it differently. For me personally I'm just going to keep following my goals and I have a feeling I'll know when I can consider myself an uber :) Some upcoming milestones that I'll be sure to post about are my first lvl 200 hit in a profession, lvl 100 animal looter, lvl 100 Biotropic, and 400 max HP.

Long term goals I would love to hit are 500 max hp, 1 million total skills, and lvl 100 in all 3 looters. Eventually of course I want to grind to have the highest HP avatar in the game but I don't want to get ahead of myself :)

I want you to understand that being an uber isn't your profession level, isn't your hp and it isn't what 90%+ efficiency weapon you have.

The Top Entropian was Dan Petrov and until 'various changes' were made to the game, looter, efficiency, [F] controls etc etc, always would be.

The difference that made him 'uber' was despite his massive skills, equipment, knowledge and hours playing Entropia. He was humble, approachable,
friendly and a nice human being.

In the old Gamebryo map there was a terrible place where new players often got stuck near Fort Troy.

Dan Petrov got many players out of there with a wormhole chip (at considerable cost to himself) for free.

Yazuki,

I hope you will be the uber that Dan was and not.... what others think they are.

I want you to understand that being an uber isn't your profession level, isn't your hp and it isn't what 90%+ efficiency weapon you have.

The Top Entropian was Dan Petrov and until 'various changes' were made to the game, looter, efficiency, [F] controls etc etc, always would be.

The difference that made him 'uber' was despite his massive skills, equipment, knowledge and hours playing Entropia. He was humble, approachable,

In the old Gamebryo map there was a terrible place where new players often got stuck near Fort Troy.

Dan Petrov got many players out of there with a wormhole chip (at considerable cost to himself) for free.

Yazuki,

I hope you will be the uber that Dan was and not.... what others think they are.
Messi is our new Dan Petrov, he helps us how to loot stuff and lets ppl know when they are wrong and goes offside. Dunno if Messi owns a wormhole chip but diffrent times i guess.

Messi is our new Dan Petrov

I don't know if I can afford 15000 ped monthly to chip in commando and other hp skills for 10 years + while using level 2 weapon and hunt meaningless low hp mobs while complaining that mindark system is bad.
I am at the opposite side, besides I registered to play the game to make money out of it, not to deposit every 2 weeks to buy all skills from other ubers.
I had other ubers as my motivation and inspiration.Dan was never one of them in any aspect.I don't think I ever seen him ingame or perhaps I did once barely in arkadia oratan event in maybe 2014 where someone said in voice chat, thats dan, he was naked messing around, doing nothing with an s1x1 weapon or smth god knows what he was doing there where everyone ath left and right and for sure I never spoke to him.

I'm actually shaking holy shit I can't believe what a wild journey this has been. Everything I've been working towards for the past 9 months has been for this exact moment. I put my full faith and trust in the system that everything would work out and it's paid off... words really cannot describe this feeling I'm just glad I've been able to publicly log everything here.

Super funny story but I had a guy PM me literal seconds before the drop and wishing me luck at looting the Toulan TWEN weapon then right away it drops what are the chances!

mqdSRDb.jpg

1hnMsLi.png

Pqfiapf.png

PoTcF9O.png

Fvh1RIU.png

4xLIaBy.gif

pf45zw2.gif

Swing Animation:
YiUP7oe.gif
pics for the virtual wank bank

Funny story, I remember going around to a bunch of Entropia streams and asking them how hard it would be to lvl up hunting professions in this game. One of the initial goals I had after some research and asking around was to try and level a hunting profession to at least 100 in under a year. That is to say I wasn't expecting to hit lvl 200 and have an average combat level of 100 in under a year but here we are 🥳

BbGiwM1.png

LjfkdXN.png

A little under 3 months to skill Electrokinesis from 1 to 30k, if you're looking to skill up fast nothing beats the Perfected 15 chip. Highly recommended weapon and personally prefer it over the LP-100 for both Mayhem and off event grinding.

l1Pkc7J.png
Chip has less dpp, and does more overkill, according to wiki, why would you recomment it over lp-100, you kill more per ped with lp-100, chip is alot cheaper?

That scimitar you looted is better than that chip, you can get maxed evade/leech with matrix, works nicely with some very long range gun

That scimitar you looted is better than that chip, you can get maxed evade/leech with matrix, works nicely with some very long range gun

Why pay markup for evade/leech with matrix if you can get same leech/evade with rings combo? If you are going to use this scimitar you are looking at heavy ped cycling so the ring combo will payoff pretty fast comparing to the matrix markup.

Chip has less dpp, and does more overkill, according to wiki, why would you recomment it over lp-100, you kill more per ped with lp-100, chip is alot cheaper?
There's no UL laser amp that can max lp-100 mod. You'll waste a ton of MU on (L) amps. Big guns = big cycle = big mu waste if having to waste on L amps. There's perfect UL MF amp and it has some range and high dps, some people don't like melee. I guess this was part of his reasons.
@Yazuki congratz on hitting lvl 200, that's some sick leveling.

And don’t forget that the Perf 15 is awesome when it comes to Shrapnel conversion, a very efficient weapon in that regard which saves a lot of money as well.

Keyword: Personal preference

Let's take a look at the two on weapon compare and see the differences.

bGKYm1e.png

It's a fact that the LP100 has more DPP and less overkill, but in my personal experience from using both I have seen no evidence pointing towards that difference in DPP making a noticeable difference in loot quality. I haven't had any issues looting on average 20-25 Unreal tokens a day with the chip, while doing the same with the LP-100. The only visible difference for me is that your cost to kill lowers.

Moving onto DPS, the LP-100 is only superior with (L) amps and DPS is something I highly prioritize both during and off events as that is my playstyle. With current (L) amps cost at 80 PED, if I were to go through 3 of them a day, thats 87,600 PED in MU spent every year that you'll never see again. Of course that's clearly unsustainable so lets instead consider the price of using those amps only during Mayhem. If there are 80 days of Mayhem a year that is still 19,200 PED down the drain just for a 6 DPS advantage over the Perf 15 chip. Meanwhile off event grinding you're losing 13 DPS using the HC204.

Shrapnel conversion rate is something every high cycling hunter will notice is important and take into consideration when choosing a weapon. The chip has a 94.7% conversion rate meaning you're able to basically take full advantage of shrapnels 101% MU conversion and with the introduction of Shrapnel being listed on the auction, you can often buy it cheap for 100.1-100.2% MU and then convert it to essentially generate 100.8-100.9% MU out of basically thin air. The LP-100 + HC204 is only sitting at 86.4% conversion rate so most of the time you aren't able to use any more shrapnel besides what you loot off mobs. When you're cycling 1 million PED a month that 101% Shrapnel MU makes a world of difference.

Skill gain differences is something I've continuously brought up in this thread and I'm willing to bring up again in this discussion. Outside of leveling the main Pistol/Laser dmg professions there are no noticeable unique benefits that the LP-100 brings to the table. The perfected 15 is able to unlock Intuition before you achieve level 80 Evader and it'll continuously skill Intuition to provide benefits to your Evader profession. Biotropic is a profession every high level hunter values and I believe most serious hunters will understand just how difficult it is to level with an Adjusted resto chip alone. In November just 5 months ago my Biotropic sat at lvl 24, it is now sitting at lvl 90 all while still using only an Adjusted resto chip. Hitting 100 Biotropic unlocks the ability to use resto chips with even more healing benefit than a Mod resto while avoiding the 60-70k+ PED investment with a minimal MU cost. Keep in mind I leveled from 24 to 90 with zero chipping in or codex put into Bioregenesis.

Cost of weapons, you're already familiar with how much LP-100s have sold for in the past along with the prices of an HC204 amp. Perf-15 and it's amp are both cheaper, but perhaps times are changing and more people are realizing just how good the chip is so this may not hold true.

The chip having 4.1m higher range sounds minimal, but still shouldn't be ignored because it still matters over the course of months of hunting it contributes to higher DPS uptime and can potentially be the difference between aggroing unwanted mobs.

That's a very broad statement to make. Melee has very serious downsides that don't line up with a lot of hunters playstyles. Yes it has great HP gains and can take advantage of Mayhem Melee amps for defensive advantages, but that's just looking at it in a vacuum. Take a look at every Uber using a Mod-nano during Mayhem. Most of them aren't afk hunting Cat 10 because it's either impossible for them to or the insane costs in defense/healing don't justify the benefits. Most of the time you will see them active hunt Cat 10 and then afk hunt Cat 8-9.

Outside of events, depending on what mob you hunt there are can be some very noticeable issues with maintaining DPS uptime. Can you just imagine trying to codex hunt with a melee weapon on mobs that are spread thinly with a long respawn timer? This all boils down to your playstyle so I would never make the statement that one weapon is better than the other, but I'm happy to tell people what weapon I prefer over the other and my reasons why I think so. It doesn't mean I'm right and other people are wrong for not using the Chip over other weapons. It's what works best for me, and you should find what works best for you and stick with that.

What is shrapnel conversion rate? and how do you find out what weapon has what conversion rate?

What is shrapnel conversion rate? and how do you find out what weapon has what conversion rate?
What he means, is how much ammo burn vs decay there is. More ammo burn the better as it means more shrapnel can be utilised. Pretty easy to work out just by looking at weapon stats.

Yazuki,

Sorry i dissagree :) uber is some one with 500k+ skills and endgame gear. Personality has nothing to do with it. You cant be liked by everyone and not everyone will like you. What you describe is a uber a "nice guy" not everyone here is to make bunch of new friends :)

Sorry i dissagree :) uber is some one with 500k+ skills and endgame gear. Personality has nothing to do with it. You cant be liked by everyone and not everyone will like you. What you describe is a uber a "nice guy" not everyone here is to make bunch of new friends :)
haha, that makes me half uber - half peasant :D

Dont believe gear has anything to do with being an uber it all comes down to skills. Not everyone desires *end game gear*

I've been meaning to ask if you used any healing tools, if so which one? (I didn't see any listed when you listed current gear in your logs)

I've been meaning to ask if you used any healing tools, if so which one? (I didn't see any listed when you listed current gear in your logs)
With lvl 90 biotropic, high dps and prolly some LS I bet there isn't much need for conventional healing tools. 10% LS at high dps is like having a healer behind you at all times :p

Don't think anyone has asked this yet, but how many repeats have you done on rippers :)?
Can't check atm on Caly but it's around 80-90 repeat
Just adjusted resto chip and lifesteal

Back