Yazuki's hunting log (journey from brand new player to uber)

M7lkA7k.png

Safe to say after pulling this weapon + looting the TWEN scimitar, I'm way above net positive if we take my avatars worth into account. Incredibly happy with my decision to go hard on this game, everything is starting to pay off ❤️

Keyword: Personal preference

Let's take a look at the two on weapon compare and see the differences.

bGKYm1e.png

It's a fact that the LP100 has more DPP and less overkill, but in my personal experience from using both I have seen no evidence pointing towards that difference in DPP making a noticeable difference in loot quality. I haven't had any issues looting on average 20-25 Unreal tokens a day with the chip, while doing the same with the LP-100. The only visible difference for me is that your cost to kill lowers.

Moving onto DPS, the LP-100 is only superior with (L) amps and DPS is something I highly prioritize both during and off events as that is my playstyle. With current (L) amps cost at 80 PED, if I were to go through 3 of them a day, thats 87,600 PED in MU spent every year that you'll never see again. Of course that's clearly unsustainable so lets instead consider the price of using those amps only during Mayhem. If there are 80 days of Mayhem a year that is still 19,200 PED down the drain just for a 6 DPS advantage over the Perf 15 chip. Meanwhile off event grinding you're losing 13 DPS using the HC204.

Shrapnel conversion rate is something every high cycling hunter will notice is important and take into consideration when choosing a weapon. The chip has a 94.7% conversion rate meaning you're able to basically take full advantage of shrapnels 101% MU conversion and with the introduction of Shrapnel being listed on the auction, you can often buy it cheap for 100.1-100.2% MU and then convert it to essentially generate 100.8-100.9% MU out of basically thin air. The LP-100 + HC204 is only sitting at 86.4% conversion rate so most of the time you aren't able to use any more shrapnel besides what you loot off mobs. When you're cycling 1 million PED a month that 101% Shrapnel MU makes a world of difference.

Skill gain differences is something I've continuously brought up in this thread and I'm willing to bring up again in this discussion. Outside of leveling the main Pistol/Laser dmg professions there are no noticeable unique benefits that the LP-100 brings to the table. The perfected 15 is able to unlock Intuition before you achieve level 80 Evader and it'll continuously skill Intuition to provide benefits to your Evader profession. Biotropic is a profession every high level hunter values and I believe most serious hunters will understand just how difficult it is to level with an Adjusted resto chip alone. In November just 5 months ago my Biotropic sat at lvl 24, it is now sitting at lvl 90 all while still using only an Adjusted resto chip. Hitting 100 Biotropic unlocks the ability to use resto chips with even more healing benefit than a Mod resto while avoiding the 60-70k+ PED investment with a minimal MU cost. Keep in mind I leveled from 24 to 90 with zero chipping in or codex put into Bioregenesis.

Cost of weapons, you're already familiar with how much LP-100s have sold for in the past along with the prices of an HC204 amp. Perf-15 and it's amp are both cheaper, but perhaps times are changing and more people are realizing just how good the chip is so this may not hold true.

The chip having 4.1m higher range sounds minimal, but still shouldn't be ignored because it still matters over the course of months of hunting it contributes to higher DPS uptime and can potentially be the difference between aggroing unwanted mobs.

That's a very broad statement to make. Melee has very serious downsides that don't line up with a lot of hunters playstyles. Yes it has great HP gains and can take advantage of Mayhem Melee amps for defensive advantages, but that's just looking at it in a vacuum. Take a look at every Uber using a Mod-nano during Mayhem. Most of them aren't afk hunting Cat 10 because it's either impossible for them to or the insane costs in defense/healing don't justify the benefits. Most of the time you will see them active hunt Cat 10 and then afk hunt Cat 8-9.

Outside of events, depending on what mob you hunt there are can be some very noticeable issues with maintaining DPS uptime. Can you just imagine trying to codex hunt with a melee weapon on mobs that are spread thinly with a long respawn timer? This all boils down to your playstyle so I would never make the statement that one weapon is better than the other, but I'm happy to tell people what weapon I prefer over the other and my reasons why I think so. It doesn't mean I'm right and other people are wrong for not using the Chip over other weapons. It's what works best for me, and you should find what works best for you and stick with that.

mind explaining how someone can calculate the conversation rate, or for an example, this part

" The LP-100 + HC204 is only sitting at 86.4% conversion rate"

thanks for the read and potential reply.

mind explaining how someone can calculate the conversation rate, or for an example, this part

" The LP-100 + HC204 is only sitting at 86.4% conversion rate"

thanks for the read and potential reply.
Im sure he talk about how much ammo vs decay gun use per shot. The less decay and more ammo the better since you get more from shrapnel conversion.

Out of curiosity may I ask what your setup was to take down a mulciber with seemingly no dent on your hp!

Out of curiosity may I ask what your setup was to take down a mulciber with seemingly no dent on your hp!
Max lifesteal+high level resto chip in conjunction with Electrotherapy from Tezla lets you stay at full HP vs any mob basically. Only danger is just dying from 1 shots(mainly crits), but I got that covered with Melee mayhem amp + Nutristim

Max lifesteal+high level resto chip in conjunction with Electrotherapy from Tezla lets you stay at full HP vs any mob basically. Only danger is just dying from 1 shots(mainly crits), but I got that covered with Melee mayhem amp + Nutristim
moar dots

Hell of an achievement, Yazuki! You are beast, man :)

Well, I am ahead for a while at least ! :sweat:

Yazuki - I think it is time for you to upload a forum avatar pic. 🤳 You owe it to yourself.

So many default pic' are alt's of existing players. That doesn't apply to you, but I know who it does apply to. :D

Everybody knows.... 🦇

i am thinking when yasuki decides to craft... industrialist in 2 month.....

for sweat gathering just get the Psyche Master chain at Zyn Tukano and use idle RL times to collect sweat
it will give a boost equivalent of MONTHS circling in 1 week :)

i am thinking when yasuki decides to craft... industrialist in 2 month.....

for sweat gathering just get the Psyche Master chain at Zyn Tukano and use idle RL times to collect sweat
it will give a boost equivalent of MONTHS circling in 1 week :)

Back