Yazuki's hunting log (journey from brand new player to uber)

Subscribing :)

Gratz on the progress so far! Looking forward to see the rest of your journey.

(Intuition skill gain on attack are the best thing to level your Defense skills)

It is really the "best" thing ever to get 6 levels on your evader once you reach Entropia Master (20k skill points) on Intuition. I am pretty sure it matters a lot once you reach it...

It is really the "best" thing ever to get 6 levels on your evader once you reach Entropia Master (20k skill points) on Intuition. I am pretty sure it matters a lot once you reach it...
Off, but is there an easy way to calculate that or how you know exactly?

For example i would like to know if i gain x level of skinning, how much would that be in animal looter level, or any other, like handgun skill to laser pistoler, or like the one you wrote.
I can calculate something based on profession window, as i can see there for example lvl59 80.55%, 1 gain of 0.0500 skinning and it goes to lvl 59 80.57% so 59.8055 to 59.8057 means about 2.5 skill point for 0.01 level.
But it is not really accurate, as it could be 59.80550 to 59.80579 and could be 59.80559 to 59.80570, that would be a huge difference.

Is there an easier way than this to calculate how much a skill would contribute to a level?

Off, but is there an easy way to calculate that or how you know exactly?

For example i would like to know if i gain x level of skinning, how much would that be in animal looter level, or any other, like handgun skill to laser pistoler, or like the one you wrote.
I can calculate something based on profession window, as i can see there for example lvl59 80.55%, 1 gain of 0.0500 skinning and it goes to lvl 59 80.57% so 59.8055 to 59.8057 means about 2.5 skill point for 0.01 level.
But it is not really accurate, as it could be 59.80550 to 59.80579 and could be 59.80559 to 59.80570, that would be a huge difference.

Is there an easier way than this to calculate how much a skill would contribute to a level?

Go to the evader tab and for each 100 points gained in Evader = 1 level for example:

Mr9ZUgH.png

20k Intuition = 600 Evader (6 levels)

Also small note, but in EU the percentages displayed round up but behind the scenes every decimal point matters. For example when I was leveling up my gun during the SIB period, I could see the percentage of my guns prof level stay the same but still see the attacks/min increasing and my ammo burn increasing on the tooltip since I was past the attacks/min cap with buffs running.

Oh also this just happened while typing this cool lol

hlZ9LC6.png

Last edited:

Go to the evader tab and for each 100 points gained in Evader = 1 level for example:

Mr9ZUgH.png

Also small note, but in EU the percentages displayed round up but behind the scenes every decimal point matters. For example when I was leveling up my gun during the SIB period, I could see the percentage of my guns prof level stay the same but still see the attacks/min increasing and my ammo burn increasing on the tooltip since I was past the attacks/min cap with buffs running.

hlZ9LC6.png

Oh, so its basically the skill point / skill effect % / 100 = level
That is really much easier to calculate, thank you very much and GZ on the ring.

Mr9ZUgH.png

hlZ9LC6.png
No, thats normal. For most if not all SIB guns the reload is maxed a bit after you reach 10 HA

Appreciate everyone's feedback and helpful info so far been taking everything mentioned into consideration :) Just wanted to give a quick mid-month update since I decided to pivot a little on my goals. I found a good deal on a weapon upgrade so decided to take a break from Migration and focus on skilling up the past 2 weeks.

Got Commando unlocked just now:

kLu9SeW.png

I did some research on best skilling mobs and saw low hp/lvl ratio being the most important stat when choosing a mob to hunt. One of the challenges was finding mobs that had low hp/lvl ratios but also really good density+respawn timers since the goal was to always have my gun firing without any down time.

I saw Pupugis/Flesh Rippers being mentioned a lot on the forums and discord as good skilling mobs as well as Unruly but I don't have that unlocked so I only tried the other two plus troopers since I heard they had decent MU. Ill just give a brief overview of my experience hunting them for anyone else curious about trying them out.

Pupugis: Advantages of hunting Pupugi were their extremely fast respawn rate and low damage, but definitely annoying spamming the F key so often since they have a low HP pool so you can't really multitask while hunting them. Their skilling rate with a 100% skill pill were pretty decent, around 4-5% of a level an hour at 60+ Laser Pistoleer.

Flesh Rippers: By far the fastest skilling for me out of the three mobs I tried and their density + respawn time meant you had no issues shooting them endlessly. The biggest issue I had with them were they hurt a lot so expect a really hefty repair bill. Another issue I had was their really bad shrapnel rates, not sure if it's because of my DPP but 30% of my total loot was shrapnel which makes it difficult to hunt them for prolonged amounts of time. Make sure to be prepared if you plan on hunting them for a while with sufficient ammo+PED. Skilling rate somehow was 2 - 2.5x better than Pupugis around 9-12% of a level an hour despite having relatively similar HP/lvl ratios if you take the Flesh Rippers high HP regen into account. I don't know why this is the case maybe because of their really high level they gave better skill XP? Maybe others can chime in to this because I always thought they would skill at around the same speed if their hp/lvl ratios were similar.

Troopers: The markup seemed decent but their density is horrible so you'll have to do a lot of running around to hunt them. Still ended up giving more skilling exp than Pupugis averaging around 4.5% of a level an hour at lvl 66+. I'd recommend them as a cheaper alternative to skilling with a more active playstyle since you can profit better from their MU.

I'll post another update to this thread whenever the trade goes through for my weapon upgrade which is hopefully soon, but until then thanks again for reading my update
You are using levels as a measure and that will trip you up! You need to use TT value of skills obtained as a measure to keep good comparison!
Happy to see you starting your journey smart and wish you the best of luck!!!

You are using levels as a measure and that will trip you up! You need to use TT value of skills obtained as a measure to keep good comparison!
Happy to see you starting your journey smart and wish you the best of luck!!!
Correct, as a point of reference after about 20k ped cycled on Fleshrippers with a 100% skill pill i gained almost 700ped tt ESI worth of skills.
unknown.png

I would argue to separate the effective eff from the weapon calc. From a financial pov makes sense, but is not the MU making dmg, is the weapon, amp & ammo. I would consider that vs actual loot MU, not vs dmg and respectively not vs EFF & tt looted. The main concern imo would be about hitting a market ceiling for a given resource/item from loot, which would either have a hardcap in terms of total drop, either would have a sensibly lower speed of sale vs MU expense. Not only the coming event is a marathon, the whole of the game is so.

/cpt obvious off

September 1st -> September 30th progress

Current stats:

Avatar: Yasuki Yuki Kairi (created June 15, 2022)
Total skills: 199737 -> 267032
Health: 218 -> 247
BLP Pistoleer Hit: 86 -> 108
Ranged BLP Dmg: 78 -> 105
Animal Looter: 53 -> 63
Mutant Looter: 25 -> 30
Robot Looter: 18 -> 22
Evader: 45 -> 54
Dodger: 30 -> 37

Current Gear:

A&P Series Mayhem BP-70, Perfected Tier 7 + Fi/Ra/Co Evil, Modified - August 17 onwards
Eon Armor Set Tier 2
Titan Harness Tier 1
Angel Arm Guards, Improved
Supremacy Armor Set Tier 1/2
Christmas 2020 + Summer 2020 Rings

Notable Loot:
6.774 PED Moloch Apprentice
12/12/17 PED ESIs
Rare Mayhem Token
Christmas 2021 Ring
Ares, Perfected Ring

ImDOr4N.png

Zys3Dis.png

hlZ9LC6.png

T8tGdts.png

Returns for September 1 -> September 31:
Overall rough month in terms of just TT returns, but that was to be expected considering my insane luck last month. Quite happy with where I'm at currently still and Mayhem will help a lot with padding my bankroll.

Total Loot TTTotal Spent TTTT ReturnsGlobalsHofsKill count/Loot events
990,294.84 PED1,045,023.06 PED94.76 % / -54,728.22 PED223747155,669

Conclusion for the month

Very happy with my progress for this month, I was able to achieve my goal of lvl 100 BLP Pistoleer way ahead of schedule which frees me up to do other things. I started hunting Molochs around the end of week 2 and went a bit hard to sort of give myself a test run to see how much I'd be cycling and how many enhancers I'd be using during Mayhem events. Most days I was getting around 4-5 hours of sleep and it didn't feel too terrible so I should be good to go for Halloween Mayhem to do the same thing. Also managed to hit rank 1 on EL's top hunters for the 30 days page as a side result which is cool in my opinion. Overall I'm very excited for the upcoming Mayhem and eager to see how I perform.

2fHkiPN.png

Current goals

Now that I got the levels I wanted in BLP Pistols, I plan on branching out to Melee and MF when I can. I already have a swap lined up for after HW Mayhem to use a MK.6 Fen Mace to grind out lvl 100 Clubs for the easy Strength and HP gains. Hoping to find a solid FEN chip to use after Merry Mayhem to lvl MF and unlock Intuition.

October will be mainly focused on just preparing for Mayhem so I'll be cutting back on enhancer usage and trying to stockpile enough before the MU prices go crazy. I'll still be staying at Molochs, but might mix in leveling melee and doing skill set 4 codex mobs to work on my Analysis/Zoology levels since they're quite lacking.

TLDR: Grind never stops we keep going :)

Did 12 days of skilling with clubs this month before preparing for Mayhem, posting progress of that :)

100% skill pills/easter eggs with 6-7x dmg enhancers was used the entire time vs fleshrippers with some moloch codex rewards used to skip the beginning levels so I could equip a Mk. 5 Mace right away

Weapons used:
Castorian Combat Mace Mk. 5
Castorian Combat Mace Mk. 6 FEN Edition

OPhGslO.png

zsaH3Zy.png

nM3h1HX.png

Gaining 34 max HP levels real quick is going to help with surviving in Mayhem, I plan to finish 100 hit in clubs after HW Mayhem

Hey quick update I picked up a set of Improved Imperium armor since I'm stuck at Molochs for a very long time until I can complete my set of Titan armor so I might as well optimize hunting it in the long run.

Also something I haven't been doing up until this month and something that I didn't really even consider because skilling+cycling more was so important when I had 100% skill pills running at flesh rippers is to hunt unamped outside events. Taking my amp off to hunt at Molochs has made a massive difference in my returns as not only am I fully able to take advantage of my BP-70s high efficiency, I'm also lowering my weapons decay costs which in turn allows me to fully utilize all the shrapnel that drops at Molochs (which is over 80% of their loot table).

Co2B2fy.png

With my current setup of BP-70 unamped + Imp Imperium armor at Molochs I have 92.5% efficiency/over 4.0 DPP/39%~ evade rate. The high DPP allows me to stretch my bankroll further, the high efficiency helps pad my returns, and the high evade rate helps lower my armor costs so most of my decay is coming from my high eff gun. Once my Tezlapod hits lvl 80 that's another 13% extra crit dmg for more DPP too :)

I highly highly recommend considering if your weapon is worth going unamped outside events as well :D

Last edited:
Hey quick update I picked up a set of Improved Imperium armor since I'm stuck at Molochs for a very long time until I can complete my set of Titan armor so I might as well optimize hunting it in the long run.

I keep waiting for Yakuzi to drop an affiliate Egg link to this blog :) but seriously great insights keep it up!!

The answer is it depends on your play style, if the goal is capital preservation then yes, you should try to maximize EFF + DPP (including and not limited to unamped hunting and especially damage enhancers mu) (assuming time is a non-issue), while if the goal is skilling, then you definitely need an amp :) (that 100% skill pill time is still the same you have to make the most of it)

P.S. Tezla level 80 is +13% (not 14) extra crit damage! Got you haha

Last edited:

Also something I haven't been doing up until this month and something that I didn't really even consider because skilling+cycling more was so important when I had 100% skill pills running at flesh rippers is to hunt unamped outside events. Taking my amp off to hunt at Molochs has made a massive difference in my returns as not only am I fully able to take advantage of my BP-70s high efficiency, I'm also lowering my weapons decay costs which in turn allows me to fully utilize all the shrapnel that drops at Molochs (which is over 80% of their loot table).

Co2B2fy.png

With my current setup of BP-70 unamped + Imp Imperium armor at Molochs I have 92.5% efficiency/over 4.0 DPP/39%~ evade rate. The high DPP allows me to stretch my bankroll further, the high efficiency helps pad my returns, and the high evade rate helps lower my armor costs so most of my decay is coming from my high eff gun. Once my Tezlapod hits lvl 80 that's another 14% extra crit dmg for more DPP too :)

I highly highly recommend considering if your weapon is worth going unamped outside events as well :D
This surprises me. Amping gives you significantly increased DPS; is the i’m guessing ~5% of eff that important? I also havent run any numbers, so maybe this is better long term.

Curious to know how you came to the conclusion of running unamped?

This surprises me. Amping gives you significantly increased DPS; is the i’m guessing ~5% of eff that important? I also havent run any numbers, so maybe this is better long term.

Curious to know how you came to the conclusion of running unamped?
More damage is more overkill is less DPP is less MU in loot.
plus the amp lowers eff and also lowers dpp making less mu in loot. Since that amp is lower eff and dpp than the base gun.

More damage is more overkill is less DPP is less MU in loot.
plus the amp lowers eff and also lowers dpp making less mu in loot. Since that amp is lower eff and dpp than the base gun.
Yes I know that amps lower eff, but he’s hunting moloch so he’s definitely not worried about overkill. My thought was that a small eff drop would be worth a ~40% dps boost.

Yes I know that amps lower eff, but he’s hunting moloch so he’s definitely not worried about overkill. My thought was that a small eff drop would be worth a ~40% dps boost.
It’s also a dpp drop too, basically everything is worse just for more dps, and dps is not king unless your fighting pure regen

When i saw u are looking to skill for melee i wanted to drop a pm to suggest to find a mace fen since its easy to find maces 4/5/6 and takes few few hours with 100% to get level 70 (if u have generals and rest ofc lol). Good job.

It’s also a dpp drop too, basically everything is worse just for more dps, and dps is not king unless your fighting pure regen
How is DPS not king for a minor increase in DPP / eff on something like moloch, which mostly drop shrap.

Here’s a math exercise, lets say you’re pulling 98% with 3% mu. You cycle 1m ped for a net profit of 10k. Now amped, lets say you’re at 97.5% with 3% mu. The ratio of amped -> unamped return and dps gain is all that matters.

In the above example, the dps boost is 40% lets say while overall profit would drop by 50%; the extra cyclage is obv not worth (profit would be say 7k instead of 10k). That said if he was pulling 99% tt, overall profit would drop by 25% for a 40% cyclage increase, obv worth (profit would be 21k instead of 20k). This can be extended to loss scenarios / etc. Frankly, this 0.5% is an exaggeration as well, but I hope my point is clear.

You’re saying amped hunting is just “worse” which is completely untrue. Your take makes no sense.

Can’t speak for op but I prefer higher earning per ped spent rather than per minute personally.

also mostly amps raise dpp and eff but if the amp lowers both, it lowers both… I don’t see the confusion. DPS only increases DPP if the regen is considerable and kill time is slow

How is DPS not king for a minor increase in DPP / eff on something like moloch, which mostly drop shrap.

Here’s a math exercise, lets say you’re pulling 98% with 3% mu. You cycle 1m ped for a net profit of 10k. Now amped, lets say you’re at 97.5% with 3% mu. The ratio of amped -> unamped return and dps gain is all that matters.

In the above example, the dps boost is 40% lets say while overall profit would drop by 50%; the extra cyclage is obv not worth. That said if he was pulling 99% tt, overall profit would drop by 25% for a 40% cyclage increase, obv worth. This can be extended to loss scenarios / etc.

You’re saying amped hunting is just “worse” which is completely untrue. Your take makes no sense.
The biggest deciding factor for me, was that hunting Molochs fully amped with full enhancers with my current looter levels was not sustainable in the long run if I want to be fully prepared for every upcoming Mayhem and event. Thus this is mainly a matter of bankroll management. My current resources are stretched thin between constantly looking for upgrades (through Titan armor purchases/looking into better Resto chips and various other things) so I took a look between cutting enhancers versus amp.

Comparing between BP70 vs amped vs 7 enhancers unamped
FZQ5TUA.png

BP-70 + Mod Evil = 83.8322207% Weighted efficiency with around a 0.3 DPP loss and basically 600% increase in decay costs means I can't properly use all the Shrapnel I loot resulting in me having to sell it at 100.5% or less MU.

Comparing to BP-70 unamped with 7 enhancers I'll have more DPS, more DPP, able to use all the Shrapnel I loot while maintaining 92.5% efficiency.

Looking at the MU cost of enhancers, I break on average 10 enhancers an hour and with a generous MU of 300% per enhancers my cost of using them is still only 16 PED/hr lost to MU. Now if we compare the efficiency loss of my amp as well as the inability to properly cycle shrapnel, in my eyes I see enhancers as a way more economic choice to increase my dps output. I often buy in bulk for way better prices than 300% so this is like extreme worst case scenarios here for their cost/hr.

Ultimately I decided on this because it works best for me because of my bankroll and how I plan to hunt, but obviously theres merit and reasons to hunt amped and trade efficiency for DPS.

The biggest deciding factor for me, was that hunting Molochs fully amped with full enhancers with my current looter levels was not sustainable in the long run if I want to be fully prepared for every upcoming Mayhem and event. Thus this is mainly a matter of bankroll management. My current resources are stretched thin between constantly looking for upgrades (through Titan armor purchases/looking into better Resto chips and various other things) so I took a look between cutting enhancers versus amp.

Comparing between BP70 vs amped vs 7 enhancers unamped
FZQ5TUA.png

BP-70 + Mod Evil = 83.8322207% Weighted efficiency with around a 0.3 DPP loss and basically 600% increase in decay costs means I can't properly use all the Shrapnel I loot resulting in me having to sell it at 100.5% or less MU.

Comparing to BP-70 unamped with 7 enhancers I'll have more DPS, more DPP, able to use all the Shrapnel I loot while maintaining 92.5% efficiency.

Looking at the MU cost of enhancers, I break on average 10 enhancers an hour and with a generous MU of 300% per enhancers my cost of using them is still only 16 PED/hr lost to MU. Now if we compare the efficiency loss of my amp as well as the inability to properly cycle shrapnel, in my eyes I see enhancers as a way more economic choice to increase my dps output. I often buy in bulk for way better prices than 300% so this is like extreme worst case scenarios here for their cost/hr.

Ultimately I decided on this because it works best for me because of my bankroll and how I plan to hunt, but obviously theres merit and reasons to hunt amped and trade efficiency for DPS.
Ah ty this makes sense. I had no idea amping tanked your eff by so much, but it does make sense with the dps boost and mod evil eff.

I am running a similar test since i wanted to see amped imk2 vs unamped imk2 on certain mobs and see what is better to hunt unamped what to hunt amped. One thing I agree on is if you go unamped stick with the dmg enhancers (if mob hp allows it ofc.).
Good to know you cycled unamped on molochs would be ncie to see the results dpp wise in the end and see if the 4% difference rly matters so much.
IMK+h204 seems quite similar 90.4 unamped and 86.4 when you put h204 on it with only a slight dps increase considering enhancers.
Before last month people where telling me dps is everything but after shooting high effi for a month now I am going all in on effi :D
DPP on my setup is lower but i still get a difference of 0.2 on tracker by shooting unamped. MAx of 3.6 with amp vs 3.8 unamped, this is with candy canes. I might get it up above 4 with the other pills but i am keeping these for mayhem for now.
I reckon you will be shooting amped during mayhem? :p
Will be nice to compare the 2, I will do the same

GL with the grinds

Last edited:
Back