Yazuki's hunting log (journey from brand new player to uber)

Nice little quick update for today, unlocked Scavenging/Scientist and got a decent sized HOF at Molochs. They've been treating me very well so far :)

cHHv4SY.png

nvmTMr6.png

Apologies if it was already discussed, have you considered buying the skills to a certain level?

I "wasted" a lot of time doing really well percentage-wise, but with way less profit per hour than I have nowadays with smaller margins. I took it slowly step by step over many years building up bankroll and gear, but looking back I regret not depositing some along the road for quicker progress.

You skilled up in a very different era. Would you have done a push similar to what this person is doing here, the funds needed would have been atrocious. Particularly if you consider the limitations in regards to available dps while holding some reasonable eco and what some ULs were costing back then (assasin comes to mind).

Last edited:
Apologies if it was already discussed, have you considered buying the skills to a certain level?
It's a bit too late for that, plus they wouldn't have been able to learn about the game and make connections like your supposed to if they just bought the skills. Skip the grind and you miss out on a lot of important information.

Also buying skills is Very Very expensive considering the ESI MU and 10% of the skill is lost to the void.

You skilled up in a very different era. Would you have done a push similar to what this person is doing here, the funds needed would have been atrocious. Particularly if you consider the limitations in regards to available dps while holding some reasonable eco and what some ULs were costing back then (assasin comes to mind).
Well, not saying I regret I didn't push similar to what Yazuki is doing, which is extreme. But a depo here and there instead of going entirely non-depo. Actually funny you mention, I did use Assassin R150 for quite a while, bought at around 25k, sold at 18k. I think the first few looted were going for around 120k initially but that crashed somewhat quickly.

In the first part of my post, which you cut out of the quote, you see the context established is me saying I rather deposit (and be ok with some losses initially) to be able to get into position to take advantage of great opportunities later on instead. If the end net result being better than if you wouldn't have done the push. Was just about the concept of push for later bigger profits vs play it safe for steady smaller profits, in general.

Also buying skills is Very Very expensive considering the ESI MU and 10% of the skill is lost to the void.
Yeah if you're referring to buying hunting skills I would never do that, it's too expensive and doesn't justify the cost. If it's pertaining to looter skills, I've been looking to buy 10 PED of Xenobiology/Scientist but haven't found any sellers.

Well, not saying I regret I didn't push similar to what Yazuki is doing, which is extreme. But a depo here and there instead of going entirely non-depo. Actually funny you mention, I did use Assassin R150 for quite a while, bought at around 25k, sold at 18k. I think the first few looted were going for around 120k initially but that crashed somewhat quickly.

In the first part of my post, which you cut out of the quote, you see the context established is me saying I rather deposit (and be ok with some losses initially) to be able to get into position to take advantage of great opportunities later on instead. If the end net result being better than if you wouldn't have done the push. Was just about the concept of push for later bigger profits vs play it safe for steady smaller profits, in general.
I don't know why, but I prefer the latter playstyle of non-deposit with steady smaller profits vs more significant investments/profits.

I kind of have this mentality where the objective for me is to be playing and being active, constantly improving my avatar or gear etc.

Figuring out the system before others so I always had an edge was more my kind of motivation within Entropia, maybe we're similar?

I seem to have cracked both Hunting and Mining now to a T, maybe the higher gear would take things up a notch, but then why rush?

I don't know why, but I prefer the latter playstyle of non-deposit with steady smaller profits vs more significant investments/profits.

I kind of have this mentality where the objective for me is to be playing and being active, constantly improving my avatar or gear etc.

Figuring out the system before others so I always had an edge was more my kind of motivation within Entropia, maybe we're similar?

I seem to have cracked both Hunting and Mining now to a T, maybe the higher gear would take things up a notch, but then why rush?
My i ask you the profession level you are dealing with ?
it is not clear to me what "range" of monsters you are referring

i mean i could evade a 35 monster but many of those are not in my "cost per kill" budget. a 3.52 flesh ripper is ok to me even if i need to use bigger armor to tank a 56 monster.
if you are talking about 65 to 110 pec per kill creatures... that is amateur league . those are almost 100% return including MU on vast majority of cases

if yo uare talking about 20 pec Talus or Vixen they have enough to extract always

if we talk about Molochs where a master (need just a Lich armor to tank) is 33 peD per kill.. it is another league

and with a 1800 ped per hour pistol that cost like an A-Klass it is strange to kill Argo or chimeras........

dont take it as a flame, butto have a comment on these we need to ask to another "league" of hunters .....those that have 80 Evader to be clear....
by the way we dont have an Evader Ladder.... i wonder how many can evader a Moloch master (92+15 ?)

I know this doesn't mean anything especially outside of Mayhem/Events but still something I didn't expect to see for a long time.

iwacnXq.png
It does mean something, extraordinary. Never have I seen a 3 something month player get to the top #1 even if its only the last 30 days. If you put this much effort outside events I cannot imagine how much more effort you'll put during events. Keep it up man! Be proud of what you've accomplished already and strive for more, always ;)

I know this doesn't mean anything especially outside of Mayhem/Events but still something I didn't expect to see for a long time.

iwacnXq.png
That's an impressive achievement, mate. Props for your dedication.

as i saw the ladder composition i realized that some Uber is òess active than usual... it means something....... :)

iwacnXq.png
Happy Gilmore accomplished that feat no more then an hour ago.

Was running some numbers for deciding what would be a good weapon to work towards upgrade-wise between the LP-100/BP-110/BP-130 and thought I'd share my thought process on it. Feel free to chime in if you agree/disagree with what I say since I'm open to other views.

vLChBMQ.png

Setup is 6 crit/25 reload/50 crit damage with 2020 rings+xmas canes since that's the buff setup I normally run and I want to consider the circumstances of what I would hunt with 99% of the time. Also all guns set to full dmg enhancer use.

WeaponAmpEffective Efficiency(MU included)Dmg/sec
BP-70 PerfectedMod Evil87.13%241.4286
BP-110 ImprovedMod Evil77.43%264.5979
BP-110 ImprovedMayhem Amp(700% MU)74.62%271.7344
LP-100 ModifiedA204 HC83.18%262.7250
LP-100 ModifiedMayhem Amp(1400% MU)74.56%281.9063
BP-130Mod Evil66.40%288.0933
BP-130Mayhem Amp(780% MU)63.68%301.1036

So tough choices here when comparing the 3 upgrades, mainly I have to decide just how much do I value DPS over Efficiency? All the guns are relatively close to each other in DPP that I'm not really taking the differences into consideration here. I personally think because my looter levels aren't high enough yet, taking a hit in efficiency just to increase my DPS is not sustainable. Even just a 10% hit in efficiency translates to at least 7000 PED loss each month if I cycle over 1mil PED and that's being on the conservative side because with a gun like the BP-130 I would end up cycling way more.

My perspective will most likely change when I hit lvl 100 looter, but for now I personally believe the BP-110 will suit me best when factoring everything into consideration. I know DPS is important but if I assume correctly, TWEN will run for a long time and it will be a marathon and not a sprint. Cycling at the rate I'm expecting to with only expected TT returns of ~96% with my looter levels using the BP-130 sounds absolutely disastrous. Same goes for if I were to rely on a LP-100 and use Mayhem amps. I don't have the bankroll to be spending 1.5-2x more on that gun and then expect to stockpile Mayhem amps at the price of 1250% MU. I assume with Merry Mayhem into TWEN the prices of Mayhem amps will skyrocket and simply be unsustainable so it's not even a consideration for me.

If I can find a good deal on a BP-110 that's most likely what I'll be going with, otherwise I'll be sticking with the BP-70 Perfected for TWEN. If anyone disagrees with how I came to this conclusion I'd love to hear your opinion since this is all mostly speculative but sounds the most correct to me.

Have you considered skilling for a mod nano? Fwiw I’m just tiering my LR-60 and prepping for FWEN. Not worth the investment to pivot rn imo, especially if prioritizing dps.

Yup, BP-110 Improved os the next logical step after 70 Perfected if one wants more DPS and is ready to give up some Eff.

* Cheaper Mayhem Amps compared to Laser, and fits Beta well.
* In Events the higher DPS outperforms the lower eff with MU output
* LP-100 cost an arm and a leg :D

only expected TT returns of ~96% with my looter levels

Hi Yazuki, what are your current looter levels ?
What was the %TT return in your run towards level 100 ? (and whatever it is, great items looted I see)

Congrats !

The real question is just "do you need 30 more DPS?"
if the answer is "not now" stick with that weapon
240 to 270 DPS is doable using a 5 ped pill per hour instead of Candycane
you recognize a loss of eff can be severe so consider is you can eat 1200 pills per month (joking it would be 40 hours per day :) )
your next upgrade are pills IMHO and not a fresh gun. LP70 and BP70 have no comparison if you look for eff.

Also all guns set to full dmg enhancer use.

Same goes for if I were to rely on a LP-100 and use Mayhem amps. I don't have the bankroll to be spending 1.5-2x more on that gun and then expect to stockpile Mayhem amps at the price of 1250% MU.

LP100 high tier is expensive, but i dont think BP110 high tier would be any cheaper, i dont really remember any high tier BP110 that was up for sale.
The ones available to buy is usually the fresh pulls from vendor, maybe a few tier into it, but high tier BP110 may would be harder to find than high tier LP100 and im really not sure if the BP110 would be any cheaper.

Than in case you buy a low tier, it may wont even do better than your current high tier BP70 and may it wont worth the change.
Ofc with your cycle, you can easily tier it up to high in 1-2 months, so guess depending on when its up for sale.
There will be sure 1-2 low tier for sale during / after halloween and merry mayhems.

Also there are 2 more mayhems till that, probably with at least 1 restock, with some small chance of new items from vendor too.
Many of us expecting UL mayhem laser amps since the addition of melee and mf amps, that can change the situation to the favor of lp100.

LP100 or BP110, there is no bad choice in this one, at the end its up to Your preferences and on what is available to buy.

Have you considered skilling for a mod nano? Fwiw I’m just tiering my LR-60 and prepping for FWEN. Not worth the investment to pivot rn imo, especially if prioritizing dps.
If I had like an extra 500k PED in my bankroll sure I'd consider it

Hi Yazuki, what are your current looter levels ?
What was the %TT return in your run towards level 100 ? (and whatever it is, great items looted I see)

Congrats !
Currently 63 animal looter, haven't worked on the others and I post my TT returns at the end of every month so I'll post soonish :)

The real question is just "do you need 30 more DPS?"
if the answer is "not now" stick with that weapon
240 to 270 DPS is doable using a 5 ped pill per hour instead of Candycane
you recognize a loss of eff can be severe so consider is you can eat 1200 pills per month (joking it would be 40 hours per day :) )
your next upgrade are pills IMHO and not a fresh gun. LP70 and BP70 have no comparison if you look for eff.
During events where DPS has a bigger importance I'll be using more than just candy canes

LP100 high tier is expensive, but i dont think BP110 high tier would be any cheaper, i dont really remember any high tier BP110 that was up for sale.
The ones available to buy is usually the fresh pulls from vendor, maybe a few tier into it, but high tier BP110 may would be harder to find than high tier LP100 and im really not sure if the BP110 would be any cheaper.

Than in case you buy a low tier, it may wont even do better than your current high tier BP70 and may it wont worth the change.
Ofc with your cycle, you can easily tier it up to high in 1-2 months, so guess depending on when its up for sale.
There will be sure 1-2 low tier for sale during / after halloween and merry mayhems.

Also there are 2 more mayhems till that, probably with at least 1 restock, with some small chance of new items from vendor too.
Many of us expecting UL mayhem laser amps since the addition of melee and mf amps, that can change the situation to the favor of lp100.

LP100 or BP110, there is no bad choice in this one, at the end its up to Your preferences and on what is available to buy.
You make good points, if I were to buy a fresh weapon pull it'd need to be a good deal and I'd also have to sell my BP70 at the right price to justify tiering costs, but I took a look at costs and it shouldn't be too bad to tier it up to the same level as my BP70 at least.

There's a LP 100 which uses a very nice loot 2.0 amp and has many other great advantages. It's called Mayhem Perf Electric 15 :)
Yeah that's a great weapon if I can find someone selling it in the upcoming Mayhems I'd definitely be interested, but haven't really took it into consideration since only 1 has been pulled so far with the steep cost of 4 Rare tokens. Unless you're looking to sell one soon? :D

There's a LP 100 which uses a very nice loot 2.0 amp and has many other great advantages. It's called Mayhem Perf Electric 15 :)
Who currently owns one? Needs an updated decay value on the wiki ;)

Yeah that's a great weapon if I can find someone selling it in the upcoming Mayhems I'd definitely be interested, but haven't really took it into consideration since only 1 has been pulled so far with the steep cost of 4 Rare tokens. Unless you're looking to sell one soon?
There are 2 in the game. MA forgot to add the rare flag on it, even after support has been sent after the first one so the next ones will go silently I guess...

Who currently owns one? Needs an updated decay value on the wiki ;)
My wife is using one, we decay tested and the value was added in the wiki. Not sure why the reload is added as being 51.07 /min :))

There are 2 in the game. MA forgot to add the rare flag on it, even after support has been sent after the first one so the next ones will go silently I guess...

My wife is using one, we decay tested and the value was added in the wiki. Not sure why the reload is added as being 51.07 /min :))

As Evey said, there are only 2 in the game. I have the second one and it's almost Tier 4.

It is definitely better then BP-110 Imp, due to higher efficiency on the UL amp and MF skills.
(Intuition skill gain on attack are the best thing to level your Defense skills) I am mostly defensive skill focused, but not for everyone.

It also pairs very nicely with Mod Resto if you want to go full MF, the two complement each other when you do your MF skilling, however this is not for everyone but more defense focused avatars. (the Mod Resto skills Intuition as well). I think this is the easiest path to lvl 100 in Evader / Dodger
Also switching from lvl 100+ Laser / BLP were you skilled Combat Reflexes to this will provide the best natural Defense gain.

Efficiency with UL amp on is 81.70% so very useful for a lvl 60+ Looter level...

If you have the bankroll go for it, although it might be a bit more expensive then BP-110 Imp...

You can either find someone with 120k MM token + 4 rare tokens and keep grinding to get it, but it could take a while.

Good Luck! :)

P.S. There are other factors such as the cool effect of you body filled with electricity when using it and I like to tell my kids I'm using The Force to find Treasure so it's easier on the eyes when they see you hunt, but that's just my personal preference / experience :)

Last edited:
Warlock can drop ambush, predator, outputs, generic nano, shadow L, i belive, also those big bulks might have something cool with vanguards

Back