Yog horror

Tilli

Old Alpha
garnet til alexandros
Hello, anyone here tamed yog horror? What lvl you had? How and where does it spawn? Can you do it with boiga?

Spawns once every few months(or more) depending on activity in the monria secret cave. Lv 25 taming needed. Takes about 25-40 hours to tame. BMoccasin/Cobra used. Do not want to use boiga. Only has 600 health

40 hours! Fuckin hell what psychos have time for that. I would be petrified that some noob would come along and KS it just to be a knob.

40 hours! Fuckin hell what psychos have time for that. I would be petrified that some noob would come along and KS it just to be a knob.
Rhymes with Schmulti Schlogging and Schmaccount Schmaring. Cause I know my ass don't even like being awake for 10 hours a day

With my ring it only takes 4-5 hours! :)

index.php

Last edited:
Wait, Ive heard of this before and always assumed people were using "takes like 30 hours" as a "takes FOR EVAAA" kinda thing. This really does take DAYS to tame these kinda creatures!? No way!? :scratch2:

Wait, Ive heard of this before and always assumed people were using "takes like 30 hours" as a "takes FOR EVAAA" kinda thing. This really does take DAYS to tame these kinda creatures!? No way!? :scratch2:
in Taming dominance makes a world of difference!

Sad story, few months ago, I found a hog horror to tame, I spent a little over 5 hours trying to tame, it was about 4am for me and I was super tired and when I was on the last tid bit of taming, I didn't pay close enough attention to the HP on the mob and got a crit killing the pet and thus failing to tame. :'( Not a fun experience at all!!! And I've heard stories of guys do similar but spending over 48 hours attempting to tame one....

in Taming dominance makes a world of difference!

Sad story, few months ago, I found a hog horror to tame, I spent a little over 5 hours trying to tame, it was about 4am for me and I was super tired and when I was on the last tid bit of taming, I didn't pay close enough attention to the HP on the mob and got a crit killing the pet and thus failing to tame. :'( Not a fun experience at all!!! And I've heard stories of guys do similar but spending over 48 hours attempting to tame one....
Thats just a stupid system, 2 days at your pc to tame a thing? jesus.

oh and, sorry to hear your story obviously! I woulda felt lousy :(

Last edited:
Reactions: jak

400 bucks in 2 days is the best profit in the game though to be fair.

400 bucks in 2 days is the best profit in the game though to be fair.

To be fair, the mobs only spawn like once every 6 months or something, so not like you have a lot of chances to get that $400 🙈

Yeah, unless you kill the mob like I did! 😭🙈

Mob spawn kill counters are reset weekly at server maintence, I do not believe there currently is any system in place to do a 6 month spawn

how would that work?

Mob spawn kill counters are reset weekly at server maintence, I do not believe there currently is any system in place to do a 6 month spawn

how would that work?
He gives very inaccurate information if you didn't notice. The mob will spawn randomly.

Last edited:

And I thought 10 hours to tame a Rex in a survival game was crazy, 20h+ for a spider? That's crazier ;D

Gratz to people who have the courage for those tames 8)

He gives very inaccurate information if you didn't notice. The mob will spawn (randomly) if there's activity going on in the cave.
Yea if something is going to spawn based on activity it HAS to be within that weeks activity as the counters reset with weekly server resets, or is this some unique counter different than all other kill counter based spawns?

Or maybe it only happens every 6 months cause MA only misses a server reset occasionally and it only happens every few months when they forget to do a reset?

or is this some unique counter different than all other kill counter based spawns?
Legend has it you'd have some better luck searching during some holidays :whistle:

Anyway, if you know how other rare tamable mobs work on Calypso then you're already familiar with this randomness.

Last edited:
Legend has it you'd have some better luck searching during some holidays :whistle:

Anyway, if you know how other rare tamable mobs work on Calypso then you're already familiar with this randomness.
I just know that most “rare” spawns are based on a hidden kill counter, and that counter is reset weekly. I assumed all were and would love to hear the alternate method proposed here

He gives very inaccurate information if you didn't notice. The mob will spawn (randomly) if there's activity going on in the cave.
Well, how many Blue Leprechauns, White, Gold, or Yog Horrors have you tamed?

I think I've done over 100 Blue, they spawn every 6 hrs or so, and I've done over half a dozen white, 3-4 gold, and a few yog horrors. And you try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about?

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if I am, but you only say I'm wrong but don't give a plausible logic for the rare spawns that works on Mondria... And no they don't spawn like RT or Caly....

As best as I've been able to figure out they are are based on a timer, with some randomness thrown in. If you have more concrete data on how rare spawns work on Monria please share.

I assumed all were and would love to hear the alternate method proposed here
If you haven't seen stray Sapphire around Calypso you didn't look hard enough. I must also be a fortune teller, because I do predict more bunnies will be spawning this Easter (as they have before).

I just know that most “rare” spawns are based on a hidden kill counter, and that counter is reset weekly. I assumed all were and would love to hear the alternate method proposed here
Correct for RT, and some rares on Caly, but not for Monria, or not for the rare spawns in the Cave where you tame yog horrors.

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if I am, but you only say I'm wrong but don't give a plausible logic for the rare spawns that works on Mondria... And no they don't spawn like RT or Caly....

As best as I've been able to figure out they are are based on a timer, with some randomness thrown in. If you have more concrete data on how rare spawns work on Monria please share.
Sorry for disagreeing with you here jak, but what makes you think Monria doesn't behave like Calypso? You will even receive CDF tokens for doing the dailies on Monria the same as you would on Calypso. Your theory about the random timer may very well have merit for specific mobs on Calypso and Monria, as I have observed it myself.

or not for the rare spawns in the Cave where you tame yog horrors.
The Blue Leprechauns appear to work exactly how a Sapphire would, however less common it may seem. I tamed as many as you have..

Last edited:
Sorry for disagreeing with you here jak, but what makes you think Monria doesn't behave like Calypso? You will even receive CDF tokens for doing the dailies on Monria the same as you would on Calypso. Your theory about the random timer may very well have merit for specific mobs on Calypso and Monria, as I have observed it myself.

The Blue Leprechauns appear to work exactly how a Sapphire would, however less common it may seem. I tamed as many as you have..

What makes me thing Monria is different? I've done almost entire codex in that cave and kill count has not made the rares spawn any faster, they seam to be on a timer, not on a kill count as best as I've been able to tell.

If you have tamed as many Blue as I have then you have similar experience to me in there; so have you been able to kill XXXX mobs and spawn a rare?

When I've found a rare it has not been from killing mobs, they just spawn randomly, maybe on a timer maybe not, no clue.

But the Blue definitely spawn on a timer, I've camped that cave with no one killing anything and the blue spawns about every 6 hrs regardless of any mobs in the cave being killed.

What makes me thing Monria is different? I've done almost entire codex in that cave and kill count has not made the rares spawn any faster, they seam to be on a timer, not on a kill count as best as I've been able to tell.
Then it seems like we agree, because that's exactly how it works on Calypso. I never said it was kill based, I said Calypso and Monria behave the same. A Sapphire will spawn on a timer the same way that a Blue Leprechaun will. Of course, we don't know the exact details of this timer, but as you have suggested I believe there is some randomness involved.

Speculating any further would be like asking if a tree makes a sound when nobody is around.. we don't really know. If you read my reply about the bunnies coming this Easter, you can infer other things from what I'm saying. I won't spell it out though, you should already know if you've done so much research.

Last edited:
Then it seems like we agree, because that's exactly how it works on Calypso. I never said it was kill based, I said Calypso and Monria behave the same. A Sapphire will spawn on a timer the same way that a Blue Leprechaun will. Of course, we don't know the exact details of this timer, but as you have suggested I believe there is some randomness involved.

Speculating any further would be like asking if a tree makes a sound when nobody is around.. we don't really know. If you read my reply about the bunnies coming this Easter, you can infer other things from what I'm saying. I won't spell it out though, you should already know if you've done so much research.
"I won't spell it out" means "I don't know" or "I am a greedy boi"

"I won't spell it out" means "I don't know" or "I am a greedy boi"
That would be convenient for you if I spoon fed every piece of information? It's clear you're not a tamer and wouldn't understand the struggles of competing to find and tame these rare pets.

I guess that's why I've avoided posting here at all. If you stop flaming for a moment and use your head you'll see I provided the relevant info, peace.:whip:

Last edited:
Just don’t say you know something then not say what that something is, it’s a worse look than what I do, and we all know peoples opinions of me

Just don’t say you know something then not say what that something is, it’s a worse look than what I do, and we all know peoples opinions of me
Nobody else (in this thread) has pointed out some of the observations I have. Maybe I do or don't know more, but I'm not inclined to say so. If you've spent years doing this.. then you'll be able to draw your own conclusions based on the info that was already provided in this thread. Sorry I couldn't help your agenda even more!

Last edited:
Back