Your 5 Reasons not to Mine in PvP4

Tried a few times since VU10, not worth the risk anymore for me.

Why spend toxic shot, ME and chip decay, to come back with less than 50% return TT and mostly lyst to boot...:laugh:

I can get tiny amped lyst claims all over Calypso...without the risk of loosing the few piddly claims I do find...:rolleyes:

Just my perspective though....gratz to those that make pvp4 work for them. :)

no lyst, belk, oil, melchi and stuff like this, would be nice in lootable pvp!
Maybe then i would try to mine more at this places.

i used to frequent pvp4 for miing pre vu10 .
9 times out of 10 u never saw any gd, or it ran away too if u did see one.
I had a toxic shot for months on end useing it regularly , i used to make a point of tping out after every few ped tt in ores id collected so even on the rare occasions i got caught such as when u tp into someones radar, i wouldnt lose anything much but the shot.
i wouldnt chose (not like rocktropia when u got no warning ,yes i lost my 1 year old toxic shot and alot of loot there un whitingly)to go in there now because of PC performance since cryeng
and LOD issues .
so reasons would be
1 to 5, my crappy pc

Last time i mined in pvp4, i payed more for the toxic shots and ME than the bombs and probes i used and all the pker looted have been some lyst and oil - i´m sorry for that :D

1. Too much sun. You'll burn to a crisp

2. Cold nights, so you'll freeze...although it feels nice on your burnt skin.

3. The wildlife will kill you, although they are mutants, so they are people too...so they won't kill you, they'll murder you.

4. I have Numerophobia, so i'm afraid of ores/enmatters with high MU.

5. I only have small, flesh-like balls, not the monstrous steel giants others, like Strash, have.

(in order of importance to me)

1. The gains aren't better than mining anywhere else. If I am taking additional risk, I'd better be getting additional returns. The hit rate is the same, but the sizes are smaller because rare ores are capped to a maximum find size.

2. The rares I do find are tt fodder, e.g. morpheus, valurite, langotz, etc.

3. Hunting armor and PVP armor aren't compatible (unless you can afford infiltrator, eon, supremacy, etc.) I have a suit of vigi + 6a's and phantom + 5b's. If I wear the vigi, the mul-aak/hir/mun will kill me, if I wear the phantom, I'm at a disadvantage vs. players.

4. Pvp3 has equivalent mining, easier monsters, and virtually no chance of pk. Also, I tend to find more expensive rares there than in pvp4.

5. The revives are in annoying spots. I have to ME all the way back to akuumul to revive near a TP.

You can Mine in PVP 4?:holyshit:

I love PvP4 for mining.

The quality of the minerals inside the zone can seriously bump up the return from a run even if the tt return is less than 1/4 of your cost.

Wow, I actually recieved a -rep for that post.

Guess someone does not like me :(

- cant find anything but II or IV
- Other spots are more relax and easier to mine , like CND.
- Dont want to PK
- No PK skills
- No descent PK gears

oh... yeh

btw I am unsure as to why so many people are using the 'I dont want to get pk'd' as their reasoin for not wanting to enter PvP4.

I actually did a run in PvP4 today. I did this run without armour, without pK weapons (only a light tagger to aggro mobs when a gd appeared).

All you have to do as a miner is immediatley tp whenever you see a gd on your radar. Most commonly the pK'ers will charge their tp to try land on you as soon as you appear on their radar. Since you have done the same you can almost always escape.

Yes during my run I came across hyper and used this method, I saw 1 of the 2 gd's in their team land on me just as I dissapeared.

my reasons not to mine there:
1. sold all my pk gear after pvp experience was nuked
2. used to pick on miners in one area
3. same people used this one area and would probably like some of there peds back :p
4. that is enough for me to hardly mine pvp 4
5. Just the occasional hunt for me now :p

There is no reason for you can not do mining in such place.:)

PD - (Friends take note of all names from who will go to pvp4 mining zone there today and prepare the hunting team of deluded miners)
:D:D

btw I am unsure as to why so many people are using the 'I dont want to get pk'd' as their reasoin for not wanting to enter PvP4.

Really? It's that hard to understand? What other reason would be greater?

1) There aren't enough hunters there.
2) I hate hitting those hof's.
3) My radar doesn't seem to work there.
4) No one will be my friend in there.
5) oh, and PEOPLE TAKE MY STUFF!!!

I dislike adrenaline rush.

1. Gear is expensive to seriously do it.
2. Getting pk'd sucks, no-one can argue that.
3. Takes alot of concentration.
4. Stressful.
5. I Disregard the top 4 myself, I mine 80% pvp4, cheers! ;)

The Azz Man Welcomes All New Miners and theyre Loot to pvp 4

Warning this place is not for the people with a weak heart because u might get angry and something might happen and we dont want that !

so if u prefer to keep ur loot safely stay out of PVP 4 this is the advice of the Azz man

1. w8ing for some biggie and don't wanna get it while i'm there.
2. autoaim / healthbars (t3h uber "pure" pvp)
3. guess i don't love nor trust this service that much, to tie big ammounts of cash into pixels (some preffer call it equipment)

...cant think about rest.

i go in with only liek 20 bombs and 20 probes so that is 30 ped and 5 ped for a shot so 35 ped at max that i am going to lose if i am not able to get out with what i got from mining i dont have the stuff to protect myself i look at it like a game of chance am i going to run into a GD or not am i going to hit someting good or not i take that risk and have some fun

Back