Your favorite Entropia memory....

Hi,

My favorite memories are connected with the forgotten words "Project Entropia":
  • where our avatars had distinctive, often crazy, sometimes plain ugly looks, but really unique looks not comparable with todays unified "Barbie & Ken" style
  • where (most) armors had distinctive, often beautiful looks not comparable with todays "few Ninja Turtle models, many colors"
  • where a coordinated bunch of complete newbies could actually have fun & challenge sweating big things, other then todays boring "sweat, die, get healed, rinse & repeat"
  • where an Advanced nOOb like me would never ever had gotten a 7K PED HoF, but much more minis, globals up to even 500 PED, and rarely but existent even GSI's in random little critters

Most of all I miss the sweating at Zychion bridge, and I can't even visit this place often anymore because I'm getting sentimental there.
When I was there there was already the yellow "You cannot sweat nor damage .." line, but only if the mob was really "trapped", means "blocked to move to target". If now all possible targets was above the mob, and it could run in circles freely, this message didn't come.

This way Atrox up to Old, and Merp up to Guardian was sweated there. To do this they had to be brought in a long way, carefully avoiding a nearby turret and the unsweatable Maffoid roaming this place. So a bunch of newbies had to get themselves organized, first clearing the way of Maffos. This wasn't easy, because two hits meant death ... So it often took more then 1 newbie to lure 1 Maffo to the turret.

When the way was clear, the real challenge started - getting the Toxies in. They often were far away, so many newbies had to go to find one. One would aggro & run, the others staying at the side, taking over as soon as the first was dead. It often took 4 - 5 deaths until our Troxy was below the bridge, now the currently chased one had to live long enough for all others to reach safety. Then it would die.

Now the team on the bridge would start sweating, and Troxies have a lot of sweat ;-) But as soon as any careless hunter (or a not yet integrated newbie) would pass nearby, the trox would run after it, often getting trapped and dieing fast. Then one had to sacrifice itself, hopping down, trying to get aggro again, then dieing below the bridge to keep Mrs. Trox in place.

When dry the Troxy had to be lured to the turret to dispose, none of us was able to kill those - they had less HP compared to today, but did more damage, too. Doing this alone without dying was an art, often it took more then one.

You can imagine that actions like this need a lot of coordination. One single stupid move of one participant could easily destroy the work the others had done in quite some time & deaths. There was a lot of communication, and there was times of long discussions to convince a stubborn newcomer to understand the "how to's". There was a lot of friendships growing, too, and quite some of the ppl I FL'ed then are still here today.

I'll never really understand why MA made this impossible, it was a forgery of hardcore participants. The sweat/ hour wasn't more then today at Nea's or the Swamp Camp (until we reached the sweat cap in these days), but there was much more challenge, fun and need to communicate/ socialize. Guess it was because them Ubers used a similar technique to trap Spiders - but it's to mention that it wasn't possible to damage a mob below the bridge from above, just sweating was possible.

There was some more places like Zychion bridge, the way to sweat was similar. "Lure to a certain spot, sweat safely, then dispose". No matter where, it was more difficult then today, but more fun, too.

These was the best times I can remember in this game, and it's sad they're gone, IMHO.

Have fun!

Damn im depresive now. :( damn.

My best EU memory (PE memory actually) was getting a 40k hogglo ATH.
A lootwindow filled with ped stacks... :)

And i remember you fire gran firework all around twin :)

I remember how i joined in soc called - The House of Lords. Friend said that i have to meet soc master. As my english wasnt good, i worried about this meeting. It was at New Oxford TC.
Actually its really good memory, becouse im still a proud member of this soc. :)

Cheers and sry for my eng.

Best Memories:

- PvP1 Incursions - When Ck had first taken over the zone i made it a regular habit to go on mining runs for the lucrative riches found in the only pvp zone. Literally you could hit on every bomb if you had been the first miner there in the last hour or two. Was an excellent way to make profit. I also enjoyed running from Demosthenes, Angel, Heart, Rei, and Qumefox who had taken over the zone :D It really sucked to die in those days too because you had to float as a ghost all the way back to the tp to revive. I was pretty resilient even after dying and would comeback time and time again. I eventually became friends with all my CK buddies even though i thoroughly enjoyed being hunted by them xD I also ended up getting a good job helping to sell things for Rei that he had looted. The PvP1 zone in those days too was so exciting as there was so much more of a reason to not want to die. Between the music and landscape mysteriousness in there it was some of the best times i had ever in Project Entropia days.

- Black Legion Hunts - My first society that had some really great people(PPK,Chronos, Kazzza, Pathway, Grimm, Crash Override, Fribbe, Some others i am forgetting because it has been solong :(). We had such a blast just running around in a huge team all over Eudoria before they had any of the team split rules in team xD.. I remember we looted lots of old clothing from bots and on an Atrax we looted a ruby! It was so exciting :D Fribbe also found an Improved Mk2 on the ground when that starship exploded in the atmosphere that scattered free stuff everywhere!! We couldn't believe it in soc chat i remembered! xD All i found was a lousy 50 ped ammo pack hehe, but of course to me that was alot at the time so i wasn't too sad :p

- Oil Rig - When PvP2 first came i would often stand in lines as i was still non depositing at the time and would get into fights with the slavemaster's that were controlling the rig. Fighting with a bravo and no armor was often a hard prospect but still i would get some nice kills. Often times i became friends with many of those guys (Zee and Westin) who later joined with Crash Override and I in Calypso Thunderstruck along with numerous other awesome pplz (Stuek, BRT, Wally, Heatcliff, Fatal Error to name a few). I also looted one of my best loots ever about 2 months after pvp2 was put in. I was borrowing an adj m61a5 at the time from Crash and looted an Adjusted V1 from a cornundacuda!!! Was so exciting :D In those days too Adj V1 was uber pk weapon because many didnt have armor and max hp in those days was 140-150 hp xD.. Gah how things have changed rofl.. I also have fond memories of Crash Override who was one of my best friends ingame, but he eventually got banned. He often let me use all his uber gear too. Rig in those days also had no walls, and trox were alootttttt more aggressive :p

I have had too many good experiences to even account for in this game. Looted many other great things and got a few really nice mining finds as well, but i would say my best memories overall were spent with good friends having a great time.

I havent been here long (Both EU and on the forums), but my favorite memory is going on TP runs with my mentor and TP parties. Its always exciting to find a new place, see interesting scenery, and learn a few new things while im at it.
Im sure even with my first global I have yet to accomplish, it wont be as memorable as these first steps. :ahh:

Unlike most MMOs, the community in this game treats newbies very well. Many willing higher level folks help us out at sweat camp.

Happy BUmp :yay:

Hmm.... fav moment, most likely when me, adam (thread starter) and a few members of our soc (EntropiaXtreme) went up to CND for the first time. The amazing space ship i never knew was in the game and the whole new world to see.

Once up there we had a hunting spree and got a few globals (rare for us at the time). Then we found the wonderful huge pink mob, thinking to myself harmless went up there BAM 1 hit kill.

Went on to have the best mining run i have ever had.

Shame further visits have not been so good, Ohwell.

//Ryan.

Keep posting ur moments,

My very fav memory... Akoz trying to hit me with his legendary war axe somewhere in the outback of amethera, missing me 5 or 6 times while i slowly shot him down through his angel with my mere crappy gun, armored with ghost and 125 hp around i had back then :wtg:

Just how PE used to feel like years ago is my favorite memory :)

Reactions: mit
My best memory i was running about PA naked lol as most noobs are, bumped into luca GuNOiL brassi (he was drunk at the time :laugh: ) he become my mentor, he was nice he got me some ammo and a gun and gave me some armour, so early on we had a good trust bond he let me borrow his 5b armour plates not that long later but thats when they used to be worth about 2k ped :eek:

he also took me on loads of hunts, helped me out a lot :D

Thanks luca GuNOiL brassi

3 memories really stand out for me.

The first was when i was maybe a week old and had finally started exploring the widerness of Eudora. I was south of PA running along the river trying to avoid everything. I look at everything then I see it. Off to the south. A funny shaped mountain. I swim across and run towards it. As I get closer I see a layer cake shape. This is interesting I think but I stop sudenly as I lots of red dots. I open inventory and check repair of my Axe01 and FAP5, only half left on each. I proceed towards the least dense group of dots. I steel myself for what is to come thinking "I can do this". After hacking my way though countless Cornundos I reach a densly vegatated valley between shear walls. I run to the west and find a place i can finally climb up. I run along the narrow path circling the mountian and suddenly I am at the summit. Standing there with imaginary blood dripping from my axe I turn in a slow circle looking at this wonderous land from atop Spiral Mountain.

The second was sometime later after the miner bots arrived. I was on TI looking for miner bots I could kill. I usually gave them all a try with varied success. One particular Minerbot 06 saw fit to mash me into a pile of goo and sent me back to revive. Powering up my tp chip I jump back to a location close to the huge thing. Hoping to get a few shots at it with my Marber before it got to me. When all of a sudden a Drone 03 appears infront of me. Quickly changing weapons I return his attack. Down he goes followed by the sound of trumpets and cheering and a huge swirl of gold. I look at the chat spam and my loot window in disbelief. 10,654 ped of robot springs and do dahs. I just stood there saying OMG OMG OMG. That was a good day. I smiled like a goof for weeks. I still do when I thnk about it.

The third was a terror packed morning on CND. The day the Auctions started for the Malls. Anshe and I have been close friends for many years. That morning early before the Auctions were to begin there was an earthquake in the south China sea severing the fiber communcation cables. Anshe was in Wuhan and was limited to a dialup connection. EU can not be successfully run on a very slow dialup connection. When I got up early that morning to watch the Auction I opened my email and found a huge list of emails from her asking if i was onliine yet. I respond and almost immediately hear back from her telling about the earthquake. She then asked me to log inas her and bid the Malls. I said sure, how much you want to spend on this? She responded with a huge number and told me that the funds had already been deposited in her account. I said back to her, " you can't be serious???" She said yes. So I log her in and head to CND just cause that seemed like the place to be. I emailed her every step of the way. When the bidding started I was so tense and afraid I would do something wrong. I talked to Neverdie and Neomaven and they gave me confidence to carry on. After the PA mall was bought out in the first few minutes the auction dragged until the last 10 minutes. Smallish bids. Counter bids. Then big numbers. I email each pass to Anshe. Finally the ped card got to the level I could only bid one of the Malls. I asked her which she wanted to bid. She told me and I remeber having sweaty palms I put in the bid that started the 10k increments. I thought to my self this is insane. I email back what should I do what should I do??? She told me to spend it all. I felt myself going pale. That would be a huge amount of money for anything. High end Mercedes kind of money. After many exchanges we neared the limit of the ped card. I email back and ask for direction. Anshe was trying to get logged in but it would be too late I feared. Finally an email that said bid it all and wait. I did so. The next bid jumped 12k peds. I just sat there. Anshe finally said she could start EU and I logged off. Let me tell you this was an actually releif. She get logged in with 3 minutes left on the auction. The last 5 mintues took an eternity to end. I think it was close to 2 hours in reality. But in the end we did not win one of the Malls but I told her there would be other things to bid on in the future. I don't knwo if i ever thanked all the people that helped me not freak out during this so if I didn't. Thanks and much love Lily.

Ahhhh the PE days when Eudoria was the only continent, you could loot clothing, and some of the best items showed up in a great deal of uber loots......ahhh how I miss those days and somethings I don't miss as well.

Best memories for me were actually setting out to loot a ML-35 and accomplishing that goal among many other things like completing armor sets, new ore and enmatter finds etc etc.

Probably my fondest memories are of my early soc days meeting and greeting like minded people many of whom I consider great friends to this day even though we have only had PE/EU as a way to communicate and commiserate.

Like others my first global, HOF, and 2K PED PE ATH will always be fond memories.

I hope there are many more yet to come and I look forward to those moments through all the monotonous clicking. They are what make "the grind" worth it IMHO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi there,

My first great memory was the 229K ped ATH in craft.
I was in my first soc team hunt on Treasure Island and I remember what I say when I saw the global chat.
-"Oh putain l'enculé!!!! je veux faire le même truc de ouf !!!
( Woot what's the fuck bastard !!!!! I want to do the same crazy thing !!!)

My second memory was when I saw Torlin ECMI...ALL TIME HIGH..93000 PED
Damn, it was a so great feeling :D

My last great memory, when I have been chosen to be an Ambassador in Paris, when I met lot of french (and francophone) players and some guys of MA staff.
3 days I will never forget.

The best memory i have it was when Ben Cobra ask me if i want to join the Dark Knights and i meet super cool ppl. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Ahhh memories...

I used to love hanging out around camp Phoenix watching the chaos when Sadmind and Static dragged a huge cloud of dripis to the sweaters...

The hours of TP runs and discovering interesting new places and finding new mobs...

The discovery of the hogglo while carrying my TT pistol: "Hmm, I wonder if I can kill that..."

Tossing an a104 amp on my mann mph and going crazy with it...

Mining back when you actually had to stay alive and go find your claim before the claim marker would rez...

The first time our soc went out on a SEG hunt and actually managed to take them down without much of a problem...

The formation of my society and making new friends... and all of the odd, crazy conversations that we've had...

So many years, so many fond memories. Calypso is home. :D

I have a couple

1.) I was still so new, maybe feb last year, TP running. I don't remember from where but I think to Jason Center. I got killed and revived at an outpost and tried for like 3 days to get out of there. Tried North. Killed. South. Killed. East, West, every direction. My opallo made no dent in the atrox around me. I was seriously considering quitting the game. No other players even showed up. I was alone for hours at a time for days on end. Then comes a new avatar into the picture. Anna Chrona Chrona, If I remember right, from NBK engineers. I know now she was just running along mining, but didn't know that then. I told her how I was in a tough spot and she said okay, follow me, just DON'T DIE. I did just that. I shot some shots at the troxies and other bad boys around us, I suspect I was a hindrance to her but she got all the loot, and we made it. She was walking off and I said "Hey, can I ask to put you on my Friend list? I don't have any friends yet." She said "Sure" and we talked about the game for a while and she told me about NBK and Soc.s and how they worked.

2.) I applied for membership to NBK, but turns out the day before, they stopped recruiting. I was turned down. But then one of their members stood up for me. Said I demonstrated a will that was really what NBK stood for and an exception could be made. I was accepted.

3.) I crafted attachments for awhile, back when I could afford to deposit. I had stocks of amps, scopes and lasers. One of my Soc Mates online at the time said "I'm going to give away a pistol I just crafted to some newb." Well, she probably phrased it better but that's how I heard it. I said "This could be fun--I'll toss in a scope!" we went to Atlantis, and she held a contest where the winner was a newb who was given a nice pistol with a scope. That was fun.

4.) An NBK mate split off to form his own Soc. and invited me to come along. I was torn by loyalty. The Soc that took me in from the cold? or the leader who wanted to start something new? I made my choice and I truly believe NBK respects the choice I made, and I respect them as well for allowing me to choose for myself.

5.) My 1 Hof. About a year ago I got a 2100 ped hof on a molisk. I can tell you this: The hof sound you hear in chat when someone near you HOFs is 1/2 what you hear when You hof yourself. I still hear it to this day.

I suppose that is it for now.

To many good things to list but 2nd day in game is memorable:

Deposited $50. Bought mining stuff. Dropped bombs at Thesys Creek. 464 ped HOF!!!! Go buy tt extractor. OMG, there's BIG SNARGS and other stuff killing me!!:eek: Took hours to extract it. Between my son and I we took turns and would agro the mobs away from claim, die, run back out, extract until attacked... redo...:eyecrazy: lol. Luckily my mentor Hottygirl eventually logged in and helped out. :yay: She was shocked to say the least that I'd gotten a hof let alone the tp. lol

2nd was graduation day: Knew I was close to graduating, pm'ed Hotty to be with me when I got it, she asked.. what ya wanna kill? I said I didn't know... she said SNARGS!!! I totally agreed and I graduated killing one of those dang things that killed me for hours that 2nd day. (Hotty fapping me) I still think of it any time I come across one and it's the best feeling to take them out :laugh:

There are quite a few memories that I like... but i guess that there are two I love the most.

1. On the 4th day online I went mining, just a fresh new miner without skill and with tt seeker. I went north PA dropping bombs here and there... and out of the sudden I hear this odd sound and see some golden stars. It was size XX lysterium, 1004ped tt value. First uber find on 4th day. Since then I'm a miner.

2. I was out hunting with my soc mate Waldi south-west of Argus. We were killing small atroxes and trying to avoid the big ones. But we couldn't see well what the red dots were due to high hills and trees. We saw a red dot, we came closer and saw evil (very evil, and very strong for us then!) atrox dominant. We started to run away, but the atrox noticed us and went after us. We managed to climb a hill and we were sure it didn't climb up. It just didn't get any closer, seemed stucked. So we though we were save and carried on walking to Argus slowly killing other creatures. After over an hour, out of the sudden, we saw that red dot comming on the edge of the radar. It showed up, it came after us, it killed us. It was after us for over an hour, climbing the hills and catching the smell of the dinner he had in plan :laugh:
It still makes me giggle to think how nasty they can be... following people for such a long time!

The best memmory i have of entropia is from the first day i started to play.

I was runing south from PA to sweat and explore, i was south of the fauxervix island and i got killed by a mob, don't remember what it was. i remember that i revied on the outpost west of troy. i tryed runing in every direction but i couldn't get anywere.

Then i Pmed my friend that showed me this hell whole :))), he ask some friends in his soc and them a few min later they all standed by me at the outpost i din't know how they did it. 1 sec it was just me and in a nother sec there was 4 other greens dots on the rader. they invited me to a team and said stay behind ous and we started to run wast to troy, they killed anything in there way. i was so impressed. that was the first tp i got and team hunt :)

i have played entropia for 3 years soon, and still can't get away from it :)

/Spikey

My best memory :

I was with a disciple in a dense short palm trees area, we could hardly see what was the red dots...

We PROUDLY went further. Ubber noob without fear we were :)

Then the mobs attacks us...

I remember my disciple doing the way back, followed by red dots and me, still seeing nothin.

How courageous we were ;)

this is crazy game :yay:

lol rexy..yeah..that was a good time

Happy BUmp :yay:

Hmm.... fav moment, most likely when me, adam (thread starter) and a few members of our soc (EntropiaXtreme) went up to CND for the first time. The amazing space ship i never knew was in the game and the whole new world to see.

Once up there we had a hunting spree and got a few globals (rare for us at the time). Then we found the wonderful huge pink mob, thinking to myself harmless went up there BAM 1 hit kill.

Went on to have the best mining run i have ever had.

Shame further visits have not been so good, Ohwell.

//Ryan.

Keep posting ur moments,

My nicest memory...prolly 2 things.

When i Met my best friend, lolz :) hes cool

And when i hoffed 7k on nenocus :)

Not the überloot I finally got last winter.. but the first gold drops from Exarosaurs in the very beginning :):yay:

My favorite memory was.... when me and some friends abused flying bug back in the old VU... :yay:

It was so much fun back then... I spent hours with that bug :D... flying on top of every building in calypso... leaving some stuff on top of those buildings...
Taking screens ... jumping down... flying up again :silly2:

Oh those were good times :(

I was west of Hadesheim hunting Faucervix, Combibo and what not when I saw a Combibo through some bushes and trees and opened fire. I was surprised by my sudden drop in damage but when the Combibo started hopping at me I laughed so hard that when I stopped I was at the revival and I had to go out again just to find out I shot an Itumatrox. :laugh:

Shortly after that I got a 300PED HOF and sat there wondering where the star was so I could check what I had levelled up in until I scrolled up in my chat screen to see if anything happened there and got a surprise. :ahh:

That day will stay with me :)

Well, since we are sharing memories here.....

Mine has got to be my first day in EU. I was wandering about aimlessly, not quite sure what to do. Found myself dead on more than one occassion, even ended up at Chugs... not sure how I got away from there. Died again, but had wandered quite a bit, died a few more times, and finally revived at Nus Lull. I looked about, and saw some guy sitting on the roof at Nus Lull... so, ofc, I wanted to get up there too. I tried many times, but could never quite make it up there. Finally, I gave up and decided to wander about again. It was then that this guy I saw finally spoke up... saying "Hey, Warden, have you been to Billy's?" Me, being the n00b that I was, had no idea who Billy was, or why I would want to go there, just replied... "Nope".

The guy jumped down and said, "Follow me!" This guy, Karl Ossipon Wartenheim, who I later learned was just called Ossi, became my mentor, and a good friend. He started me on the right path, and I just took off running from there.

Turns out the only reason he actually said anything to me was because I tried to get up on that darn roof (which, I can say, is quite easy for me to do now). Honestly, I am glad I have a good bit of curiosity running through me... or I might not be a GloryHound Irregular right now. :D

My favourite memory has to be yesterday...

it's something that's easy enough to remember being only a day ago :)

Actually it's the last few days. The vu10 10 info people were placing on ef was great. Like the maps, creature info etc I bet MA regret having released the torrent ;)

Looking forward to some new memories about to be made with vu10.

Of the earliest memories i have many. Collecting tp's when i was a noob has to be one of the best, and so i'm looking forward to going through that again.

First probe i ever dropped was 600 ped of sweetstuff ..i didnt even know how to extract :D
Then i asked friend what "massive" means and he were like :O?

I just spent 45 minutes typing up all my favorite memories from the past 7 years of playing, just to have my login time out and make me lose the whole thing...

Back