Zachurm Deathifier Emegen and your Land Areas

I care how much he paid. When you buy a house or land irl, you are expected to maintain it within community standards. The same should be true for virtual property. By not maintaining it "in the spirit of the game" these owners are taking enjoyment away from the community of players. They should be subject to fines at the very minimum! Neglect it long enough and you forfeit your right of ownership.

Lol. How many LAs do u own? Mindark removed rent from game long ago. Suspect they should remove need for fertilizer, etc eventually to follow suite.

Think u may want to go play shroud of avatar based on what it sounds like u are after

And to add, his lands arent overgrown, maybe just less mobs since it's not fertilized. So it's far from decaying.

his lands are undergrown, which is in this context the equivalent to overgrown and decayed IRL.

i dont know where you come from, but in civilized countries the state/community actually HAS the right to formulate minimum standards for upkeep (health and safety for example).

if you own dedicated farmland you MUST crop it to fulfill its purpose and cant let it degrade into jungle/forest/whatever.

back to PE:
the neglect of TI (and many more untended LAs) damages MA by providing a bad impression.

i would suggest maintained LAs pay out 100% of their tax income and neglected LAs reduce tax revenues over time to zero.
put the cut tax into special bonus loots on maintained LAs, and maintained LAs will be extra lucrative.
Landowners will be happy to maintain their lands to grab the tax of unmaintained LAs, while unattenting landowners more likely sell their LAs to commited players.

Last edited:
At least there are still mobs on his LA's and we can always mine there.

Look at all the empty shops every where that are neglected, those owners don't log anymore or dont care about that neither.

i dont know where you come from, but in civilized countries the state/community actually HAS the right to formulate minimum standards for upkeep (health and safety for example).

I know The Netherlands isnt a very civilized country, so maybe not representative for the civilized world, but there's a house in my town (which actually is a monument due to its age) which was bought by a guy.
He thought he would tear it down or renovate that house but stumbled upon many rules in renovating it since it's a monument.
He thought, screw the government so I will just let it decay so it will let it fall apart by itself.
8 years later this house and property is totally overgrown. plants grown inside, outside and on the house.
You almost need a machete to enter the property.
And this house is situated in the residential area.

The house is about to literally collapse. And as soon as that happens he will be free from all the rules for renovating monuments.

Nobody is forcing him to renovate the house, to do the garden or anything.

Cant make it more real than that!

here, a link to the mentioned house.
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.659...4!1sMl67LW2Q0QGjiz2U5TXzOg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The house is about to literally collapse. And as soon as that happens he will be free from all the rules for renovating monuments.

Nobody is forcing him to renovate the house, to do the garden or anything.

Cant make it more real than that!

This just shows that the community doesn't give shit about it's appearance. It reflects badly on the community as a whole.

This just shows that the community doesn't give shit about it's appearance. It reflects badly on the community as a whole.

bullshit, cuz everybody else just maintains his shit.
Nobody lets his house deteriorate due to this single case.

I went to hunt Hogglo and went to where I usually go - TI and bam place was empty as heck.
It was a sad state. Even going to Chilled Maffoid LA... guess who owns that? Deathifier....

It's a shame that an entire place like TI can be left in that state.

Lol. How many LAs do u own? Mindark removed rent from game long ago. Suspect they should remove need for fertilizer, etc eventually to follow suite.

Think u may want to go play shroud of avatar based on what it sounds like u are after

The fact that i don't own LA's doesn't matter for this discussion. I'm just pointing out some obvious faults with the system inside the game. I wasn't here when they had rent and so cannot comment on if it's a good or bad thing. Something needs to change for the sake of the game itself.

WTF is shroud of avatar?

When you buy a house or land irl, you are expected to maintain it within community standards.

That is simply wrong, at least in my country.
There is no law that forces you to maintain a property.

And there is no law that allows government to take my property if I don´t maintain it.

Only thing where government can take my land, is when it is needed for puplic interests, f.e. a highway, airport or whatever. Even in this case, I may lose my land, but government got to pay for it, what it is worth. In worst case only what I paid for it, usually you will get more, when you hold this land for some years already.

One thing where I have to maintain my property is, when it is rented out, I have to maintain it. Therefor I collect rent, and the persons paying have a right that it is maintained properly. Yes, there is a law about that!

If you have land in my country and don´t maintain it, there is something that can happen!
If rar plants start to grow there, and some species that are close to extincting choose to live on your not maintained land, it can happen that government declaires your land as natural resort, and then you lost, as you never will be allowed to build anything there, nor are you allowed to cut the trees growing there aso.
So better maintain your land in my country.

Sidenote:
I am housowner IRL, and I collect rents.

i would suggest maintained LAs pay out 100% of their tax income and neglected LAs reduce tax revenues over time to zero.
put the cut tax into special bonus loots on maintained LAs, and maintained LAs will be extra lucrative.
Landowners will be happy to maintain their lands to grab the tax of unmaintained LAs, while unattenting landowners more likely sell their LAs to commited players.

So, how do you determine this?

Let's say I want to create a miners paradise.
In other words, I dont do any DNA or fertilizing or whatsoever since I want minimal mobs.
Easy peasy since you dont have to do shit.
But for the rest of the world it would look like you neglect your lands.
So you would receive less tax from miners?

I would suggest people would just respect others property and what they do or dont do with it. They paid for it so they get to do with it as they please. :wise:

Let's say I want to create a miners paradise.
In other words, I dont do any DNA or fertilizing or whatsoever since I want minimal mobs.
Easy peasy since you dont have to do shit.

easily done:
either feed insecticide or fertilizer into your fertilizing station.
only feeding nothing ( =neglecting your LA) should be penalized.

MA and PE arent in the best financial position and neglected LAs dont improve this image.
i like PE too much to let slothful parasites damage the game even more.

and yes, unattended LAs damage the game, because they show even landowners give a f*ck about the game.
we dont need more bad press.

because they show even landowners give a f*ck about the game.

If you really think Deathifier gives a f.... about EU, you really don´t know him.

He did really much to improve players experience at his LAs in the past, he was very enthusiastic!

That he is "little" salty with MA handling things, concerning his ingame propertys and investments, is more than understandable.

He decided to let his LAs flow, so these LAs generate less income for MA. Less income for himself aswell.

Time will come and the issues between him and MA or PP get solved, and I bet he will be back and start doing as good as he did in the past.

Beside that there is a lot other LA owners very engaged in EU, doing regular events, using game mechanics at LA control towers, or long term events using the forums and tools delivered by EL.

Although it is sad that many mobs at LAs are not available in nice spawns/maturity, at the end its the decission of the LA owners.
If they just want to lay back and collect tax from miners mainly, they have the right to do so.
Some even killed out existing DNA to get a pure mining LAs. Why nobody did cry about that, now when Deathifer does no fertilizing, its evil ??? I don´t get it, the LAs are still good for mining!

If you really think Deathifier gives a f.... about EU, you really don´t know him.

It was deathifier that made me play this game to begin with after he had purchased treasure island.
He was my inspiration about this RCE game. :yup:

He did really much to improve players experience at his LAs in the past, he was very enthusiastic!

...was...
almost from day one i have been watching all the ups and downs.

but now is today.

i'm not interested in the dispute itself. every side will have its arguments and flaws.

but when it starts to hamper MY game experience, or starts to negatively influence the success of the game itself, then it becomes a problem affecting me, too, because i am involved with alot of money.
i just dont want to unneccesarily and avertably my goods and chattels be imperiled by the bad impression of neglected LA's.

...was...
almost from day one i have been watching all the ups and downs.

but now is today.

i'm not interested in the dispute itself. every side will have its arguments and flaws.

but when it starts to hamper MY game experience, or starts to negatively influence the success of the game itself, then it becomes a problem affecting me, too, because i am involved with alot of money.
i just dont want to unneccesarily and avertably my goods and chattels be imperiled by the bad impression of neglected LA's.

I understand your position.
Lets analyze a little how much impact it really has!

What unique mobs does Deathifier actually have at his LAs?

Phasm - daily mission still doable just takes a little longer (seek and destroy), no other spawn that I know
Hispidus - daily mission still doable just takes a little longer (seek and destroy), alternative spawn in lootable PvP
Globsters - is there daily mission? well still doable (seek and destroy)

What other DNAs he got?
Furor - LA 42 got them too
Foul - natural spawn near Fort Troy
Letomie - natural spawn in PvP1 (Fort Argus)
Fresquoda - natural spawn (not sure what TP, was it Notus ?) - near the Kerberos Stalkers
Maffoid - natrual spawns at different locations
Hoggle - Hogglo Ranch got that too, natural spawn in PvP1 (Fort Argus)
Bristlehog - there is some around Wolverine Hope, but not a really good spawn, daily still doable at TI

Anything else, nothing that comes to my mind atm, haven´t checked Entropedia or any other source of information (to lazy)

Sec Ents/Miner Bots - non DNA not influenced at all, spawns still good, as it is natural spawns at TI

Not fertilized doesn´t mean this mobs are not there, its just very low in numbers and low maturity. The daily missions still can be done, it just takes some more time.
I know it sucks that you run up and down the LA several times to get the mission done, but that is how it is now.

Same thing can be said about Dasps and Corns at Foma, the mobs are still there, but its a seek and destroy and not a hunt.

Now what can we do as players to make it more comfortable for us, if we like to do this missions?

Ask MA to give us natural spawns somewhere else.
Ask MA to let some DNAs out, maybe as event prize.
Convince the LA/Dome owners to come back and fertilize their lands.

What we definately should not do:
Ask MA to take the LA/Dome owners property, but exactly that happened.
If MA would listen to that, it would take the last dime of trust from those who actually still trust in MA.

Worst case szenario for me would be: beeing a LA owner and have an accident.
Half year later out of coma, my LAs and everything I have invested in EU is gone, no thanks!

I know that we all agreed to it, that MA actually can do exactly that, but should they really do it ?

i never asked for expropriation. in fact i suggest the opposite:

encourage Landowners to care for their LAs (receive bonus from those who dont).
and if they dont want to, make it unattractive to keep the badlands, but better to sell them to encouraged players, who will care for them.

benefits:
  • thousands of players will have a better game experience
  • MA has no hassle with deserted LAs
  • PE doesnt look like a moonscape

think global: we need more players here. hundreds and thousands of additional paying gamers.
more players = better taxes for landowners = better markups = better everything = more money for MA to develop new stuff

by no means deserted LAs can increase the playerbase or transport the image of a prospering game. PE lost its momentum when this general positive image was lost. none of us did benefit from this. time to turn the tides.

i never asked for expropriation. in fact i suggest the opposite:

Not you, but others did!

encourage Landowners to care for their LAs (receive bonus from those who dont).
and if they dont want to, make it unattractive to keep the badlands, but better to sell them to encouraged players, who will care for them.

benefits:
thousands of players will have a better game experience
MA has no hassle with deserted LAs
PE doesnt look like a moonscape

think global: we need more players here. hundreds and thousands of additional paying gamers.
more players = better taxes for landowners = better markups = better everything

by no means deserted LAs can increase the playerbase or transport the image of a prospering game. PE lost its momentum when this general positive image was lost. none of us did benefit from this.

Agree, surely there could be some mechanics implemented that makes the overall situation a lot better.
Some ideas posted about that are not bad.

more players = better taxes for landowners = better markups = better everything = more money for MA to develop new stuff

by no means deserted LAs can increase the playerbase or transport the image of a prospering game. PE lost its momentum when this general positive image was lost. none of us did benefit from this. time to turn the tides.

If deathifier will put dung is on his lands it will by no means increase the influx of new players.
New players have nothing to seek at deathifiers lands. They can't hunt those mobs.

At most it might keep an occasional player aboard who gets irritated by having to walk an extra mile to find a certain mob. That's all.
There's enough mobs on other lands to fill the needs.

I'd personally be more worried about he empty houses and malls. That's a more missed opportunity to create a bustling economy instead of worrying about some desert lands.

what are your motivations to defend the badlands?

because so far you didnt name a single advantage of deserted and neglected LAs for the community and the game.

persuade me with arguments which benefit the community and the game, and not only a few lazy Landowners on cost of the aforementioned.

what are your motivations to defend the badlands?

because so far you didnt name a single advantage of deserted and neglected LAs for the community and the game.

persuade me with arguments which benefit the community and the game, and not only a few lazy Landowners on cost of the aforementioned.

I'm not defending your so called "badlands".
Apart from the happy miner there are no advantages.

I'm just against the confiscation policy that you suggest.

Deathifier bought that lands and it's his choice what to do with it. Full stop.

It's all ones and zeros on a server somewhere and it can all be gone with the push of a button. Don't invest what you cannot afford to lose.

It's all ones and zeros on a server somewhere and it can all be gone with the push of a button. Don't invest what you cannot afford to lose.

Yup, I dont think many will deny that.
And that goes for any other investments as well.

But that has nothing to do with MA confiscating property which is paid for in full.

Yup, I dont think many will deny that.
And that goes for any other investments as well.

But that has nothing to do with MA confiscating property which is paid for in full.

What property? The magnetic tape the 1's and 0" are stored on? That belongs to MA.

What property? The magnetic tape the 1's and 0" are stored on? That belongs to MA.

lol, nice going!

And Orion was preaching about how we should make this game better and let it grow and so on (which I wholeheartedly agree with).

What you say doesnt give a new player much trust now, does it?

If I would listen to you, then I would never buy anything anymore in this game.

It's all about trust.
We trust MA with our money (smart or not, thats another discussion).
But if MA would start confiscating stuff for being inactive this trust would for sure be gone!

please stop to insinuate i would proclaim a "confiscating policy". this is just plain wrong.

others understood that:
Not you, but others did!

again, it is about encouraging to care for your LA, and about making it unattractive to let it rot.

What you say doesnt give a new player much trust now, does it?

It's all about trust.
We trust MA with our money (smart or not, thats another discussion).
But if MA would start confiscating stuff for being inactive this trust would for sure be gone!
given. trust is most important here, and that is why i do NOT proclaim expropriations here.

but i am still waiting for arguments how the wastelands improve the game itself and the game experience for the community.

what about this: MA makes an island where mobs spawn that are unique to LAs and that are not maintained. that way we could hunt cornoanterion etc. and if all LAs are maintained the island is empty so miners have their place while they would go to the otherwise empty LAs. it just switches places.

Back