Discovery: Ziplex a19(l)

Crazios

Old
Society
SoF
Maikel Crazios Crienen
After getting the blueprint yesterday, i managed to craft it today :yay:

I figured i share the details on this new finder with everyone,
its also on the AH if you want to check its details out ingame.

attachment.php

Nice! Gz

Has anybody actually used them to check out the difference? I have been curious/trying to figure out but it seems like nobody's even noticed them yet.

Its like using an finder with an amp integrated.

More probes used = more stuff looted.

Hmm. So if this is level 19 rec, what level will it take to get one of these with some legit depth? :scared:

Maybe the "a" stand for amplified

Looks like it's not very useful, except for negating markup on level1 amps. In which case, goodbye to what little MU remains on level1's. In which case, lower markup all around on ores/enmats.
Gz MA.

Looks like it's not very useful, except for negating markup on level1 amps. In which case, goodbye to what little MU remains on level1's. In which case, lower markup all around on ores/enmats.
Gz MA.

Its lvl2 'amped' on ore

Hmm. So if this is level 19 rec, what level will it take to get one of these with some legit depth? :scared:
If you are not Level 24 and have it maxed, your return is diminished (no proof, but otherwise Skill Enhancers have no purpose).

Gz MA.

By Level 24, a player should be using a bigger amp than Lvl 2. In fact if this Finder is already amped, it could increase the demand for Lvl 1 amps as a booster (if that is possible). But clearly, if there are to be several of these, it will affect the amp market somewhere.

On the other hand, if you can't add another amp, this Finder may not be very useful (as I said, its embedded amp is too small).

Last edited:
redacted. im an idiot.

edit: so yeah. it just seems like a pre-amped (lvl 2) finder .. wonder what decay is

People still can use this with amp1, therefore, saying this one will reduces the amp demand is totally wrong. It evens increase the demand because miners now can spend more but pay less MU.

Gz on the discovery.

People still can use this with amp1, therefore, saying this one will reduces the amp demand is totally wrong. It evens increase the demand because miners now can spend more but pay less MU.

Well... i don't know if anybody want to amp up a finder much more with max deep around 300m?

Edit: I hope MA have tested it so it's not bugged and the amplifiers added to the finders amplifies the finders too much.

Last edited:
I tested A10 (L) on FOMA, with lvl 5 amp. The difference in claim size wasn't anything dramatic. However, I wasn't doing badly, could have been worse. Decay 1.5 pec and 54m range don't impress tho, but I have seen some D-type BPs dropping so craft them.

gz on the discovery :) I'd like to get my hands on it.

I like the lv req. Means, newbies wont be able to use them to get even bigger ATH's. Either way, I hope in time we will see finders like these that have 500+ depth. With lv50+ req. At least now there is something to work for, skills are good for something now. Expect prospecting skill % to go up :D

hmm that's an interesting new concept. However at the end of the day it depends on how high the markup on them is. If it isn't lower than the normal finder+regular amp then I don't see the point of using an amp with a finder built in. lol

I tested A10 (L) on FOMA, with lvl 5 amp. The difference in claim size wasn't anything dramatic. However, I wasn't doing badly, could have been worse. Decay 1.5 pec and 54m range don't impress tho, but I have seen some D-type BPs dropping so craft them.

The thing i'm wondering is if it's just an pre-amped finder or if it increases hit rate instead or something else. Everybody's just assuming it is pre-amped. Need to test more to be sure.

Or perhaps it could reduce hit and increase size too ...

The thing i'm wondering is if it's just an pre-amped finder or if it increases hit rate instead or something else. Everybody's just assuming it is pre-amped. Need to test more to be sure.

Or perhaps it could reduce hit and increase size too ...

Let me explain. Hit rate in mining depends only on these variables:

1. Number of claims in area in your finder's depth interval
2. How many bombs needed to cover the area

So you can count how many bombs 54m range finder needs more compared to 55m finder. And you can ponder how many players use the same depth interval in your area, and what's the respawn rate of claims etc etc.

Back