Ziplex P160 (L)

Lordvyad

Young
Lord Vyad Drakanaki
Does anyone have much experience using this insane finder? At 16 ped per ore drop, I’m curious about the average find size and hit rate. Or by comparison, if you use a lvl 12 often, I’m assuming they are the same so what’s the average size and HR with that? I mine a lot but most I have ever used is a L30 and Terra 6 setup, so this bad boy is double the cost per drop...

I'll give you a free bump as I would be interested to find an answer to the same question.

Went on a 175 drop run with it last night. Lowest I got was a single x (a high one though at 25 ped). Highest was an 18 (477 ped iron planet side). Most frequent were 12-13’s. Got brave and went to FOMA and got a 15 and a 16 of Petonium. Over all was down about 200 ped including decay on the amp at current market value after selling the ores. Would have been at break even if I stayed off the asteroid.

Last edited:
These are the globals:

MineralValueTime
Petonium Stone255 PEDSun, 18 Apr 2021 04:49:40 FOMA
Petonium Stone114 PEDSun, 18 Apr 2021 04:46:14 FOMA
Ganganite Stone199 PEDSun, 18 Apr 2021 04:29:19 FOMA
Ignisium Stone51 PEDSun, 18 Apr 2021 03:36:30
Azzurdite Stone51 PEDSun, 18 Apr 2021 03:29:23
Iron Stone477 PEDSun, 18 Apr 2021 02:36:01
Iron Stone55 PEDSun, 18 Apr 2021 02:23:03
Iron Stone63 PEDSun, 18 Apr 2021 02:16:34
Caldorite Stone56 PEDSun, 18 Apr 2021 02:15:58
Pyrite Stone61 PEDSun, 18 Apr 2021 02:07:42

Cool info thanks for sharing!

I wonder if you had mined only at FOMA perhaps it might have paid off or not. The trouble is it can be disheartening to burn up an entire high level amp and not even get a find so I guess it will always be the riskier option, and perhaps more of a gamble than consistency.

I always do better Planet side. The HR on FOMA is far too low for me and at 16 ped per drop it isn't worth the risk to go back again. I did 100 drops planet side and 75 on FOMA. I only got the 3 finds on FOMA (The 1x gang and 2x Peto) so the loss was substantial. 1200 PED cost with 568 ped TT return. MU helped but still. of course, had I hit a big one... :unsure: Also, 75 drops is too low for a good report up there I think. I just didnt' want to risk more. Would have to drop 1000 for better results. Using my normal setup, I get a good hit every 50 or so finds regardless of the location. Problem is, its a lot of drops for 50 finds up there.

Very interesting. Following and good luck.

Crazy MU on this tool kills any chances to get any normal return, same as with big amps.

Crazy MU on this tool kills any chances to get any normal return, same as with big amps.
The markup is less than the LVL 12 equivalent at least. So it's worth it to those who amp with a lvl12 I guess. 63 ped MU / 17 drops per amp is 3.7 ped per drop MU on the lvl 12. X 1386 drops on this finder, the equal lvl 12 would cost 5,128 ped in MU alone o_O. Plus, those chasing a legendary ATH can still AMP these beasts. Amping it is way out of my league on this finder though ;).

Last edited:
Try it using a lvl 13 amp and it will pay back on just 1 find :)

Try it using a lvl 13 amp and it will pay back on just 1 find :)
I just might try this. I looted the finder so I’m not at much of a loss on it besides 14 years of depositing ;)

3 runs last night. All planet side, one with a Class D amp. 137 drops (40 amped) total. Total finds: 40 (2x10, 5x11, 21x12, 12x13). HR: 29%. Sadly nothing higher than a 13. Total cost including the amp (but not MU value of the finder decay): 2449 ped. TT of ores found: 1850. Ore value after markup: 2100 ped. Loss of 349 ped not including the markup loss on the decay of the finder.

For a "rare", expensive finder that is apparently a "legendary" strongbox pull, I'd think the return would be better. My first run with it (that I didn't track as detailed) was probably close to 400 ped profit with the size 18 claim. Then lost large on FOMA. Still lots of drops to go so Mindark has time to prove its legendary worth. I may amp it again (cant afford a lvl 13 so likely another D Class) but the 18 I got earlier was unamped so...

I've never had a tower yet so really hoping this finder can break that streak for me before it breaks itself.

I have tried this finder for 1 run to test some thing with a friend. Best thing to do is focus lysterium fields... for me all other ores seem capped for this finder making me get lots of NRF... on lyst fields i was getting 3 4 size 12/13 in a row, paying it.

Just my 2 pecs

I have tried this finder for 1 run to test some thing with a friend. Best thing to do is focus lysterium fields... for me all other ores seem capped for this finder making me get lots of NRF... on lyst fields i was getting 3 4 size 12/13 in a row, paying it.

Just my 2 pecs
I found 4 claims of pyrite last night. 3x12 and 1x13. Was happy about that. I don’t have the patience to pull up lyst at these claim sizes (got 6x12in last nights run though and that was time consuming. I have a shitty extractor)

So far, I have dropped 553 probes since tracking them. I've had 153 hits. Cost in probes has been 9720 ped. TT return has been 7808 ped. 8361 ped with markup. Glad I didn't buy this finder at 40,000 % and just looted it. So far I'm not finding anything "Legendary" about this rare finder. Still more drops for MA to prove its worth... 4.6 ped TT left on the finder. I did try a few more runs on FOMA and did a couple small runs with amps. I admit I'm not trying to be 100% eco as possible, just using it in various scenarios.

So far, I have dropped 553 probes since tracking them. I've had 153 hits. Cost in probes has been 9720 ped. TT return has been 7808 ped. 8361 ped with markup. Glad I didn't buy this finder at 40,000 % and just looted it. So far I'm not finding anything "Legendary" about this rare finder. Still more drops for MA to prove its worth... 4.6 ped TT left on the finder. I did try a few more runs on FOMA and did a couple small runs with amps. I admit I'm not trying to be 100% eco as possible, just using it in various scenarios.

If you sell the P160 at a reasonable price, I consider buying. Can report experiments here, should be fun I guess.
Please also let us know the tier increase rate and present tier.

- Arm Blue

Do you use a extender on the Finder? For such costly items, MU significantly higher than MU of Extender and rarely drops, a Extender is a must to prolonge the usage of the item.

Do you use a extender on the Finder? For such costly items, MU significantly higher than MU of Extender and rarely drops, a Extender is a must to prolonge the usage of the item.
Extenders are not applied to tools

Extender on finder?

Where would one find such a finder?

Back